Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

Tip of Advise playing Home cash games..

Default Tip of Advise playing Home cash games..

I play in a cash game $10 buy-in any amount of rebuy game every Tuesday. Here are some advise I thought I would share with others.

1. Dont drink while playing. IE: any alcholic beverage.
    2. If you are tired cash out. IE: No need in staying long only to lose more money.
    3. Dont let peer pressure get to you. IE: When you are ready to cash out cash out and take your winnings or losses.

I stated this because its common facts to go buy. Last night I was up $40 got to drinking and was tired since I was big stack I decided to be aggressive at the wrong times losing most of my stack leaving with $15 a $5 profit.

So damnit dont drink to much

Corey
    More home game advice.

Home games should be when you unwind with friends, loosen up, test new tactics and have a lot of fun. This is your recreation poker outside of the damn grind of online play. Play low limits, drink a little, gamble a little and don't fret if you lose 30 bucks becuase it's the price of entertainment.

Our home game has become an event i always look forward to becuase the big winners usually pay for pizza and beer and the big losers usually get free beer and pizza!

I dunno why I posted this.. i think prolly becuase the tone of the thread was too buisnesslike. (weither by intent or not) Home games are fun!

-'rilla
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    very true rilla but of course I am not rich kid so I like to pick up extra money

I guess thats why I blew my big stack

Corey
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla
    Home games should be when you unwind with friends, loosen up, test new tactics and have a lot of fun. This is your recreation poker outside of the damn grind of online play. Play low limits, drink a little, gamble a little and don't fret if you lose 30 bucks becuase it's the price of entertainment.
    This is the best thing I've seen written here in a while. I play poker with my friends for fun. Not for money. The money keeps us honest, but it's about bragging rights.

Play home games for fun. If you are that worried about taking your friends money, he won't be your friend for long.
    I don't know what they have to say
    It makes no difference anyway.
    Whatever it is...
    I'm against it.
    i have to agree with you guys, home games are there to give you something to brag about at work. online poker is where i get really serious, but home games are for fun, although we tend to get serious even if it is only for bragging rights. when the guys are talking about poker at work, we don't talk about all the money that the winner walked away with, we talk about the beats and the big rakes, we know who are the fish and we know who to expect to finish in the top three. the money is just there to keep it honest, i mean 1st gets less than 100 bucks, that's not too much in the scheme of things. i just like having fun and showing off my chip shuffling skills to my buddies, and finishing top three every time but twice so far this yeah. lol
    "But they were suited?!?! You idiot!!"