Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Pineapple poker

Default Pineapple poker

can anyone suggest good reading material in learning how to play pineapple poker. i know the rules but i dont know where to start. a friend invited me to play this 22 and just want to learn a bit(just so i dont lose that much). I play nlhe and plo online and live but never played pineapple for cash before..
    Starting hands are stronger, which means your starting hand selection needs to be tighter PRE.

Starting with 3 of a kind is weak, since you can only play 2 of the cards in most pineapple variants, meaning that you're blocking your own outs to a set. (Obv. if you're playing a variant where you can play all 3 cards, then it's quite strong.)

AAT and AA5 are the best starting hands (stronger still if the T or 5 matches suit with one of the Aces), since pocket aces often get cracked by a straight (or flush). Every straight has either a T or a 5 in it, so blocking those cards helps block straights.

Other than that, it's just a poker game and all the fundamentals of poker apply.