Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

2 solid draws vs maniac

Default 2 solid draws vs maniac

Guy got his stack by 4bet/calling with A5o and spiking a 5 against AK. First hand is literally the next hand. He was running 67/47 with a 40% 3bet stat.

3bet/call vs this guy or just try and hit my 12 outs before putting significant money in?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($50.75)
    Button ($50)
    SB ($60.40)
    BB ($17.50)
    Hero (UTG) ($50)
    UTG+1 ($57.25)
    MP1 ($50)
    MP2 ($94.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J, A
    Hero bets $1.75, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1.75, 4 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 4, K, 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $3, MP2 raises to $6.50, Hero ????

A few rotations later, same villian was up to ~160 but has lost a few pots in a row. He has shown a few times that he can find the fold button postflop (never pre). So, c/r flop, lead turn with the intent to c/f river if I miss look good?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($51.70)
    CO ($50)
    Button ($59.40)
    Hero (SB) ($50.25)
    BB ($50)
    UTG ($53.45)
    MP1 ($119.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, A
    1 fold, MP1 bets $2.50, 2 folds, Button calls $2.50, Hero calls $2.25, BB calls $2

Flop: ($10) Q, J, 6 (4 players)
    Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $7.50, 1 fold, MP1 calls $5.50

Turn: ($25) 4 (2 players)
    Hero bets $15
    ndultimate.
    hand1: call and call most turn bet.3 bet vs a LAG tard here is not the best way to exploit his bet sizing weakness.
    hand2:I fold in sb preflop.As played, I'd probably c/c on the turn instead.I don't think that you can make a fortune by calling 5x raise with ATs in sb here.
    Last edited by pokerfan; 05-24-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    hand 1: This is the top of my UTG folding range. As played just call his raise and call most turns if he underbets/you hit additional outs.

hand 2: Definite fold pre. As played c/c flop all day. As played check turn.

Don't complain; Just work harder - Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)
    AJs pre-flop is up to you, folding or opening AJs are both fine i guess. Flop is a pretty standard call with odds after he raises. he's 4 betting Kx based on your read and it's not worth gambling that light.

ATs. Pre-flop is marginal. Lead flop/3b/whatever. Check-decide or bet-decide turn are both ok.
    I'm surprised everyone thinks A10s is a fold (or marginal) pre against this guy, even OOP. He is a 67/47. Don't we want to play a lot more hands against the fish?

As for the AJs hand, I don't normally play it UTG, but I honestly wanted the maniac to 3bet me so I could play a big pot with him.

After thinking about these hands, I have a more general question: How much should we adjust our normal ABC game to take advantage of crazies? AJs normally is difficult to play UTG, but against a much much weaker calling or 3betting range it should be profitable.
    ndultimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapalRage View Post
    I'm surprised everyone thinks A10s is a fold (or marginal) pre against this guy, even OOP. He is a 67/47. Don't we want to play a lot more hands against the fish?

As for the AJs hand, I don't normally play it UTG, but I honestly wanted the maniac to 3bet me so I could play a big pot with him.

After thinking about these hands, I have a more general question: How much should we adjust our normal ABC game to take advantage of crazies? AJs normally is difficult to play UTG, but against a much much weaker calling or 3betting range it should be profitable.
    Folding ATs to 5x raise in sb is the standard,I guess.AJs i think is in my UTG open range in weak games.As I said above,you better off playing lots of hands with bad players in position.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerfan View Post
    Folding ATs to 5x raise in sb is the standard,I guess.AJs i think is in my UTG open range in weak games.As I said above,you better off playing lots of hands with bad players in position.
    Right, I know its a 'standard' fold. But what is standard is based on 'normal' opponents. Being IP is obviously better, but even OOP against a guy raising this wide its likely +EV to call, right? Thoughts?
    ndultimate.
    all seems std preflop given trying to iso the moran.

I'd rather bet/3b or c/c in hand 2. as played meh not a fan of the turn line. I think an over bet jam on the turn seems like a very sexy play against this particular player.

Hand 1 flat or shove but I think shoving is about 1000x better
    3b flop to a size where he thinks he might have fold equity with worse clubs (20ish i think). jam turn.

c/r to at least pot. jam turn. also leading here is probably superior to check/x.
    Last edited by aka_red; 05-26-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    [11:11] <+bikes> bitches love your face