Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

Final Table of Turbo; Button Steal spot 10bb stack

Default Final Table of Turbo; Button Steal spot 10bb stack

All numbers are approximate because the site doesn't save HHs.

$5 BI. 6 left out of a field of almost 400. Prize structure:

1st - $500
    2nd - $300
    3rd - $200
    4th - $140
    5th - $120
    6th - $100

Blinds are 15k/30k with 2k antes. The field has been playing humorously tight, and I've built my stack without seeing showdown. The exception is the chip leader in the BB, who has tight, aggressive, willing to play for stacks and has seemed to be doing everything exactly correct.

UTG (50k) folds
    HJ (500k) folds
    CO (50k) folds
    BU (285k) has 98o
    SB (110k) left to act, has been playing tight and passive; I haven't ever seen him defend light
    BB (700k) left to act, is playing a good TAG game

Seems like a standard shove, but I'm likely a couple hands away from adding 40% to my payout and potentially a couple orbits away from doubling my payout. Against bad players, I like to min-open/fold even though it's super exploitable, but this is the nut-worst spot to try to pull that off. Should I just nit fold?

The stakes and payout are lol, but I wanna get better at tournaments.
    I need to know these spots better myself, I think I'd fold.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    All numbers are approximate because the site doesn't save HHs.

UTG (50k) folds
    HJ (500k) folds
    CO (50k) folds
    BU (285k) has 98o
    SB (110k)
    BB (700k)
    If you swap the bold stacks then its fine otherwise you need to be very tight here
    I think that BB can call you there with wide range and I guess if you go all in you will "pray" for them to fold, and that is not what you can expect with that stack on BB if he has ace, kq or pair. Wait for better opportunity.
    I think I'd shove this if I'd been quiet on the button in recent orbits, but if there's any reason for bb to think 89o is in my shoving range here, then I'm snap folding. I don't think we have the stack to intimidate him, it's all about how strong he perceives our range to be, and thus his calling range.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    fold
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.