Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

QQ vs. unknown

Default QQ vs. unknown

Villain has been at the table less than an orbit, no stats, no reads.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Holdem Ring game - Blinds: $0.50/$1 - 9 players - Converter

Stack sizes:
    UTG: $145.80
    UTG+1: $25.65
    MP1: $100
    Hero: $96
    MP3: $59.55
    CO: $91.85
    Button: $31.50
    SB: $68.65
    BB: $256.80

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with Q Q
    UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises to $4, Hero raises to $13, 6 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: 2 5 6 ($28.5, 2 players)
    MP1 bets $20, Hero...
    I don't see a set leading here, unless he's a donk. Just doesn't make sense to fear the flush heads up. He has 88-99 or a flush draw himself more often then not. Either call and give him a chance to fire again, or fire yourself right now.
    I put him on TT-AA, AKs, maybe a lower pair or set... although I think <99 usually just flat calls after the limper. I guess by re-raising PF, you are commiting to play for stacks on this flop.
    i dont play at this level so...

probably a good chance its a probe/feeler bet. you RR his bet so he figures you for premium hands like JJ+,AQ+ (trying to get unpaired cards to fold for cheaper than a c/r). maybe he would c/r a set so he can gain an extra bet from you with unpaired cards.

regardless tho if you want to play your playing for your stack. i think id shove instead of call. if he has a PP maybe he puts you on draw more often than a higher PP or vice versa. i think shoving is better than calling since turn cards could kill action.
    Jman: every time the action is to you, it's an opportunity for you to make the perfect play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da GOAT
    i think shoving is better than calling since turn cards could kill action.
    Agreed.

Assuming the average player at 100NL, I'd say he could have 88+, with a slim chance at AA/KK. AcKc is a definately possibility. I like a hefty raise, as a fold is out of the question, and calling, as said above, could kill action depending on the turn card.
    If I had a hammer
    I'd drop in the morning
    I'd drop in the evening..
    I agree that his range is likely AA-99, with AA/KK discounted because of no 3-bet pre-flop. So I'm wondering, does any hand that I beat (JJ-99) call a push here? My image at the table is aggressive, but not out of control.