Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFull Ring NL Hold'em

AK/QQ in 4bet spots

Default AK/QQ in 4bet spots

Scenario :
    50nl w/ at least 100bb.
    We 3bet AK/QQ knowing villain flat often w/ worse and even spews on A/K/Q flop. But we face now his 4bet and we know for sure his range is QQ+/AK and his never foldind to 5bet or jam.
    In this case what is the best line we can take w/ our AK/QQ?
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    Practically speaking, it depends on quite a few factors. There's no one size fits all approach to this. Also with those stack sizes I think it's fairly uncommon that it would be good play to both 3-bet and then fold those hands.

With your exact reads/ranges you fold those hands. You can work out the numbers yourself but that is a pretty brutal range to face unless you have KK+.
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    it's perfectly ok to 3-bet with the intention of folding to a 4bet vs certain loose donks. If you're speaking about regs then chances are their open range is really tight to begin with and you should just call with AK/QQ to probably make more money.
    I am talkinh about regs. That is the adjusment i made vs them, started calling Ak/QQ pre and sometimes 3bet/fold w/ the exception that i was still 3bet/5jam AKs besides KK+ so that they dont adjust also and fold to my 5bet w/ their AK/QQ. So far they arent adjusting, even though they have i flat AKo/QQ, seeing AKs in my 5bet jam range makes them think they still have equity to call i guess.
    I made the thread thinking that there a better ev line i can take w/ these hand then my adjusments.
    All posts are just my own opinion about a hand or a general situation... not advices on how you should play...
    VS regs you should absolutely be able to get in AK and QQ vs them when they open from hijack or later positions, unless they are really nits. And if they open in early or middle position just call the open mostly, IMO.
    have no problem stacking off in blinds v LP or LPvLP w/ AK/QQ and thanks griffey for that. my mistake that i forgot to mention i was reffern to LPv MP/ LPv EP/ MPv MP/ MPv EP situations.

but like i said, villains i am talking about do flat 3bet w/ suited broadways/small PP and they often call 3barrel w/ TP and/or spew on differnt boards w/ air and/or small PP. isnt this enough to combine flatting w/ 3bet/folding vs them when we hold AK/QQ?
    4-bet bluffing from ep vs lp 3-bets is somewhat popular, I don't like the idea of folding AK/QQ to 4bets from ep in light of this. Call the open or get the hand in. The important thing to understand is that it can never be that bad to 5bet, but it can be quite bad to fold to the 4bet.