Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 234 of 420 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 17,476 to 17,550 of 31490
    Rilla has a PhD in doucheology. When it comes to being a douche, he knows exactly what he's talking about.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I don't agree. By pressing those particular buttons, you are moving into racist douchebag territory. If you're not a racist person, if you have no racist intent, you will find appropriate means of pissing me off. Why would you want to induce a reaction like that if you're not trying to be racist? Would you throw a banana at a white guy to piss him off? No, because you know it won't piss him off. Your intent is to cause offence. You have identified him as black, and have recognised that throwing a banana at him will cause racial outrage. If you didn't want to be seen as racist, then the banana throwing plan would stay in your head.

On what planet is being racist to someone to piss them off not a racist thing to do?
    Pfft, you're not worth the effort. A quick lob of a 17 cent banana and my work is done. Why pay more when I can pay less?

And to the rest, right I wouldn't throw a banana at a white guy because it wouldn't work. I'm not dumb.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post
    From what I understand, rilla is just saying that there EXISTS a situation where throwing a banana at a black person ISN'T racist.
    I don't think this is what rilla is getting at. There are exceptions, of course. It's not always racist. But if your intention is to piss off a black guy, then of course it's racist. Saying you're not racist doesn't make your actions any less racist. You did it to piss of a black guy. That's racism, there's no other word.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't agree. By pressing those particular buttons, you are moving into racist douchebag territory.
    Nope. You're just establishing that you want to press ANY button that exists on this person because he's being a fucking dick. You also understand that racism exists and that this person is sensitive to it.

Would you throw a banana at a white guy to piss him off? No, because you know it won't piss him off. Your intent is to cause offence. You have identified him as black, and have recognised that throwing a banana at him will cause racial outrage. If you didn't want to be seen as racist, then the banana throwing plan would stay in your head.
    Throwing a banana at a white guy presses no such button. It makes no sense. That's just being a shitty douche. Professor Rilla, PhD. teaches in his course to find somebody's weak point and attack it relentlessly. Sure you'll LOOK racist, but deep down inside you know you don't TRULY believe black people eat bananas.

Everybody knows they crush watermelon. Duh.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    I eat bananas.
    ongies gonna ong
    I don't think this is what rilla is getting at. There are exceptions, of course. It's not always racist. But if your intention is to piss off a black guy, then of course it's racist.
    No, no it's not. The intentions aren't racist. The intentions are to break this despicable human being that spit in your face and REALLY piss him off. The intent is to hit that button that makes him blind rage, cry, whatever. The intent is to really fuck him up emotionally. If the race card is the card that is to be played to cause rage, then that's the card that's to be played. The card exists because the other person is sensitive to it. I (in Rilla's case) am just smart enough to understand this card exists and that it can be played.
    Boog's got it.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I get it too. I just think that playing that particular card makes you racist. If you weren't racist, you would find it unacceptable to play that card.
    ongies gonna ong
    I get it too. I just think that playing that particular card makes you racist. If you weren't racist, you would find it unacceptable to play that card.
    I would never hold myself to such a standard. Any standard.
    You don't have to. It's other people that hold you to standards, and it's other people who decide if what you did was racist or not.
    ongies gonna ong
    That rilla is being a douche. I know what will piss him off... I'll fuck his 13-y/o daughter.

But I'm not a peodophile because I'm only doing it to piss rilla off, not becuase I'm sexually attracted to his daughter.
    ongies gonna ong
    Other people are dumb.
    That rilla is being a douche. I know what will piss him off... I'll fuck his 13-y/o daughter.

But I'm not a peodophile because I'm only doing it to piss rilla off, not becuase I'm sexually attracted to his daughter.
    Whether or not you're a pedo doesn't matter. I'll call you one and make it stick so I can get popular support to ice you.

Or ice you first, then get popular sympathy.

You're finally getting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Other people are dumb.
    Yeah here we agree 100%.
    ongies gonna ong
    Just want to throw this out there: rilla is the most subtle troll on this forum. He trolls to the unconscious mind. He knows he's pissing you off but comes off like he's not trolling.
    Yeah, I'm a dick.
    Rilla:
    So much fucking autism in this discussion. Do people even know what racist means?

Yes that does not make you a pedophile. Words have definitions. Fucking a child doesn't make you a pedophile because that's not the definition of pedophile.
    Is that a legal defence?
    ongies gonna ong
    Is that a legal defence?
    Being a pedophile isn't illegal.
    Just want to throw this out there: rilla is the most subtle troll on this forum. He trolls to the unconscious mind. He knows he's pissing you off but comes off like he's not trolling.
    The most subtle troll? When you discover that I'm a black female from Canada, you'll realise that's not true.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Being a pedophile isn't illegal.
    No it isn't. Neither is being racist. Doing racist things is illegal though, such as throwing bananas at black people.
    ongies gonna ong
    Um, maybe in your country.
    Um, maybe in your country.
    Well I guess that makes us slightly more civilised than the States.

Brag that shit.
    ongies gonna ong
    Not at all. You guys just can't be trusted to be civilized without laws telling you exactly what not to do.

Edit: Ong was not not right about too many nots in the sentence.

Double edit: I'm a fucking dumbass.
    Last edited by BooG690; 04-03-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    I've read that like four times and I'm still not sure if there's one too many nots in there.
    ongies gonna ong
    I've read that like four times and I'm still not sure if there's one too many nots in there.
    haha that sentence was all kinds of fucked. I think I fixed it.
    I'll admit I didn't keep a straight face when I suggested we're civilised.
    ongies gonna ong
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2172158

"The fruit feud was apparently inspired by a heated conversation the men were having about the Chappelle controversy, which many viewed as a racist act when Englander's arrest made news. Englander and Wills gave conflicting accounts of who provoked whom, but both described a fight that ended with Englander throwing a peel that landed near Wills.

"It seemed fitting at that point," said Englander, a self-described artist and aspiring clown. "I was like, the irony of this situation is too much to pass up, and I probably should've just let it be."

Lolll, confirmed. He hates black people. HATES.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    Is he wearing a fucking shell suit?
    ongies gonna ong
    Haha maybe. Almost looks like one but not exactly. I need to think of a banana-inspired gift to bring him next time I go there.
    "a self described artist and aspiring clown"...

Wait, is it boog?
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    Someone ran out of weed this morning.
    loooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll
    It's funny because he was right.
    ongies gonna ong
    ong, I'm right there with you. Shit fuckin blows.

You know I've been taking adderall all week and not smoking based on my posts, lol.
    i've become an anti-racist. not that im against racism, but im against people claiming racism. we've gotten so ludicrous about it that we're making things far worse than if we simply just eliminated the concept from our social consciousness.

you know a society is fucking retarded when bigot-accusers cause more problems than actual bigots.
    yeah. I mean look, like -- I understand why people might have thought this was racist. If a guy threw a sandwich at a female comedian, I would assume he was being a dick and playing on the whole "make me a sandwich" thing. But I would also want to hear him out, and I would probably give him the benefit of the doubt if he explained why it actually was a spontaneous and not pre-meditated sexist thing.

And that would be that. And life would go on.

The true victim is the poor freaking banana peel, who never asked for such a racially charged existence!
    Honestly, I find it astonishing that it isn't obviously racist to you guys.
    ongies gonna ong
    we need to return to our roots of answering grievances with "boo fucking hoo".

it's not like that's always the answer (it's often a terrible answer), but it's the answer we need to indulge for the next decade or so in order to unfuck things.

so the next time anybody sjw's anything, tell them boo fucking hoo.
    only after it was explained do most of us see how it could be viewed racist. that necessarily means it isnt obviously racist.

in murika, we never developed a thing with black people and bananas like you barmy bastards did.
    the case is that america defeated its racism to such a degree that the only remaining in the media is the joke stuff (like fried chicken). we've mostly forgotten about the banana/monkey connection and spend all our time focusing on the lolsy of fried chicken.
    Ok, what if twat threw a watermelon at funny guy? Are we in the no-no zone yet?
    ongies gonna ong
    America has defeated racism?

Has it?
    ongies gonna ong
    Ok, what if twat threw a watermelon at funny guy? Are we in the no-no zone yet?
    we would view that as racist because very few people here dont already know the stereotyped connection between black people and watermelon

granted, that still doesn't make it automatically racist

and we should still just say fucking forget about it. thought-crime is the biggest pile of bullshit there ever was.
    America has defeated racism?

Has it?
    read what i said

and yes, america has overcome racism to a far greater degree than its given credit for. it's not dead, as it likely won't be dead for a very long time. but we're kidding ourselves if we think racism is more than 1/100th as important as the media tells us.
    To be fair, if there was some stupid dumb ass English twat who got himself into a shitstorm because he threw a watermelon at a black man, I wouldn't find that as obviously racist.

Anyway, enough of this stupid shit. Drink and dance time.
    ongies gonna ong
    we would view that as racist because very few people here dont already know the stereotyped connection between black people and watermelon

granted, that still doesn't make it automatically racist

and we should still just say fucking forget about it. thought-crime is the biggest pile of bullshit there ever was.
    I actually think the banana thing is on the same level as the watermelon thing. I even had to explain to my boyfriend the banana thing, which is crazy to me. Of course I believe he didn't know, but it's perplexing because I feel like it's one of those things you learn from osmosis, just by watching movies/tv/going online.

Black people still deal with racism in this country, there is no denying that, so some things are going to hold more resonance. But you still need to hear people out and not just perma-stamp RACIST on people's foreheads for something like throwing a banana peel.

I don't think it's wrong that people interpreted this is a possible racist act. The same way we shouldn't be hypersensitive to racism to the point of "thought-crime," we also shouldn't be hyper-sensitive to being CALLED racist and try to shut down any conversation of the sort. I mean, I'd rather my biggest issue be being called racist than actually experience real racism throughout my life.

I hate militance on either side of the equation.
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 04-03-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Yeah that's because normal, productive men who are worthy of respect have this thing called logic.
    I, as a visible minority no matter where I go, am more concerned about the insidious, subtle kind of racism where people's prejudices, conscious or not, change their decision making when looking at my job applications for example, rather than the overt stuff like shouting CHING CHANG CHONG at me on the street.
    Yeah that's because normal, productive men who are worthy of respect have this thing called logic.
    In ong's defense I think he means he's surprised that they're not aware of it because it's common knowledge, not necessarily that someone should just instinctively understand that a banana is racist (which is retarded and actually... pretty racist, hah.)

Eug -- yeah, that's what's called microaggressions, like telling a third generation Asian that his english is really good.
    Eug, what's with the racist avatar?
    At tech companies you see more Asian people than anything else though.
    Eug, what's with the racist avatar?
    the bf made a smarty pants comment on fb: "It just sucks when the gravity of mass culture prevents the purification of these oppressive tropes, makes you wonder how much of the persisting oppression exists through the vehicle of mass media."

The media is so sensationalistic and insidious, it's true. bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    At tech companies you see more Asian people than anything else though.
    I'd say upbringing and expectations are big factors here. I know too many Asian parents discouraging kids from doing things that won't be seen as prestigious or financially rewarding. Get into med school or prepare to be disowned type of thing. Imagine the expectations of you were to be crap in school and do badly in life - instilling all the wrong ideas in your head about your self worth present a real obstacle to achieving success . I owe my success, whatever there is of it, to believing in myself more than any inherent talent.
    I'm a musician so I have to put up with stuff like "oh you Asians are so hard working and TECHNICALLY proficient" emphasizing technique in order to deemphasize creativity and thinking freely. We're soulless calculator robot pervert geeks after all.
    I'm pretty sure I was lazy and winged it in the last second a lot in college in a very public fashion to make a statement, to the detriment of my results.
    I wish I studied in Germany to begin with, where hard work is seen as a more important trait than genius. England made me drink beer instead and hope "talent" will pull through for me. Anyway apologies for the multipost rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post

That's right, thaaaaaaaat's where I got b-nanananas from. I could not for the life of me remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    I actually think the banana thing is on the same level as the watermelon thing. I even had to explain to my boyfriend the banana thing, which is crazy to me. Of course I believe he didn't know, but it's perplexing because I feel like it's one of those things you learn from osmosis, just by watching movies/tv/going online.

Black people still deal with racism in this country, there is no denying that, so some things are going to hold more resonance. But you still need to hear people out and not just perma-stamp RACIST on people's foreheads for something like throwing a banana peel.

I don't think it's wrong that people interpreted this is a possible racist act. The same way we shouldn't be hypersensitive to racism to the point of "thought-crime," we also shouldn't be hyper-sensitive to being CALLED racist and try to shut down any conversation of the sort. I mean, I'd rather my biggest issue be being called racist than actually experience real racism throughout my life.

I hate militance on either side of the equation.
    IME white people I know (including myself) have experienced far more racism from black people than vice versa. I've been astonished many times at how commonplace it is for people to claim racism against black people but tolerate racism against white people. I have been privy to situations of black people racially attacking white people, but never vice versa. I personally almost lost a job because a black coworker accused me of being racist against him. I was lucky that one of my bosses (who was also black) thought it was bullshit and laughed at how not-racist I was.

We need to get our heads out of our asses and realize that what we today are calling legitimate grievances are really just a house fire, where trucks showed up with oxygen tanks instead of water, and now it burned down the entire neighborhood. The legitimate grievance was the house fire, not its massive spread and damage created by improper reactions and overreactions. At what point do we say people are being taught to look for racism where it isn't and being taught to feel oppressed when they aren't?
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    I'm a musician so I have to put up with stuff like "oh you Asians are so hard working and TECHNICALLY proficient" emphasizing technique in order to deemphasize creativity and thinking freely. We're soulless calculator robot pervert geeks after all.
    Unfortunately, this is people trying to be nice.
    IME white people I know (including myself) have experienced far more racism from black people than vice versa. I've been astonished many times at how commonplace it is for people to claim racism against black people but tolerate racism against white people. I have been privy to situations of black people racially attacking white people, but never vice versa. I personally almost lost a job because a black coworker accused me of being racist against him. I was lucky that one of my bosses (who was also black) thought it was bullshit and laughed at how not-racist I was.

We need to get our heads out of our asses and realize that what we today are calling legitimate grievances are really just a house fire, where trucks showed up with oxygen tanks instead of water, and now it burned down the entire neighborhood. The legitimate grievance was the house fire, not its massive spread and damage created by improper reactions and overreactions. At what point do we say people are being taught to look for racism where it isn't and being taught to feel oppressed when they aren't?
    When was the last time you didn't get invited to a job interview because you're white?
    Unfortunately, this is people trying to be nice.
    oh, yes I'm aware of this!
    When was the last time you didn't get invited to a job interview because you're white?
    i think there is so much more to learn about this dynamic (or supposed one) before we can make conclusions on it.
    If you doubt such biases exist people have done studies on it. http://www.chicagobooth.edu/capideas...acialbias.html
    If you doubt such biases exist people have done studies on it. http://www.chicagobooth.edu/capideas...acialbias.html
    i dont doubt this type of thing. im saying we dont know what to make of it. there are many ways there could be racial biases in hiring that dont involve racism. in fact, if there were not biases in hiring, we'd all be dreaming. discrimination is an inseparable part of the world. we can't just adopt the leftist view that "race-something" equals "racism".

on a related note:

i mean, im gonna be completely honest, if im reviewing applications and one says "lucy johnson" and the other says "la'quishraniqua johnson", im probably gonna be a little "racist" about it. why? because i know lucy johnsons. i grew up with them. some of them are cool and some are batty. ive been to their dad's barbeques and dated some. i know them. but i dont know la'quishraniquas. i know what ive been told and what little experiences ive had. i think the name is ridiculous and is evident of poor judgment by their parents, but i hope that wouldnt factor into my analysis (but guess what it probably does).

a lot of people try very hard to not be racist. the lefty sjw view is to call all distinctions that involve race to be racism, and people who are trying to not be racist are collateral (or maybe the intended victims).
    https://instagram.com/the_buttblog

(good cleanser from racism convo)
    Have you thought about a fishing trip off the coast?
    ongies gonna ong
    Yeah maybe the government will pay for it.
    In more positive news, a good friend of mine's rapist was shot late last night/early this morning and killed by a drug dealer who he owed money to.
    I think ong did a good job of showing how illogical the whole racism sensitivity thing is. I'll go by the assumption it was intentional. Racism as a social justice phenomenon isn't exercised or enforced by blacks at all. It's practiced by whites, against other whites. It's done by white people who by and large don't even associate with black people. The leftist media has trained everyone over decades to become hypersensitive to the degree that few notice anymore that it makes no logical sense. Noone even asks black people if they are offended, probably because when we do they usually aren't and then we can't go on pretending there are problems.

If things like affirmative actions were actually about improving racial relations, the approach of forcing people to hire others, blaming some people and victimizing other people makes absolutely no sense. You'd argue with those racial prejudice instead of going on the offense with them. you'd try to reason with them, you'd promote cooperation and unity in everyone no matter what side.

Let's look at situations where we actually want people to get along, like a company or a classroom. We promote cooperation and respect, not preach to some they're racist, bigotted, sexist douchebags while telling others they're victims of injustice perpetrated by the others - because that would of course totally ruin the atmosphere. Instead we have class trips and team building. If society's leaders were interested in improving relations between their people, they'd take the same approach. Preaching strife only achieves strife.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    I think ong did a good job of showing how illogical the whole racism sensitivity thing is. I'll go by the assumption it was intentional. Racism as a social justice phenomenon isn't exercised or enforced by blacks at all. It's practiced by whites, against other whites. It's done by white people who by and large don't even associate with black people. The leftist media has trained everyone over decades to become hypersensitive to the degree that few notice anymore that it makes no logical sense. Noone even asks black people if they are offended, probably because when we do they usually aren't and then we can't go on pretending there are problems.

If things like affirmative actions were actually about improving racial relations, the approach of forcing people to hire others, blaming some people and victimizing other people makes absolutely no sense. You'd argue with those racial prejudice instead of going on the offense with them. you'd try to reason with them, you'd promote cooperation and unity in everyone no matter what side.

Let's look at situations where we actually want people to get along, like a company or a classroom. We promote cooperation and respect, not preach to some they're racist, bigotted, sexist douchebags while telling others they're victims of injustice perpetrated by the others - because that would of course totally ruin the atmosphere. Instead we have class trips and team building. If society's leaders were interested in improving relations between their people, they'd take the same approach. Preaching strife only achieves strife.
    muy fantastico postas muchacho!
    I think there needs to be a bigred randomness thread cause none of this shit is interesting
    LOL OPERATIONS