Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 195 of 420 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,625 of 31490
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    This is diet though which is so much more important than anything mentioned so far and is what people get so wrong.

Even wuf knows that he just doesn't like assessing points fairly he just likes ramming home his point with any info he can find.
    Have you ever had to make weight for a sport? There's a bit more to it than diet lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    Hey jyms, how balanced is the doc Bigger Stronger Faster? It's message is loud and clear that steroids are not nearly as bad as we're told, which I mostly agree with. But are there any facts about the harm regular steroid use can do that they gloss over?
    I haven't actually seen it yet. I can tell you that Steroids (AAS) which are testosterone and derivatives like dianabol, Anavar, turinabol or masteron to name a few, are not used during what you would call "game day" That is not the purpose of them, they are not performance enhancers as most are led to believe, but training aids. Testing for them on the day of an event is a waste of time unless the athlete is an idiot (Ben Johnston) Nobody knows what or when people are using anymore, and it would take a page for me to explain how someone uses steroids to train before tested events and how they use PCT (Post cycle therapy) to reintroduce their own testosterone production again and to maintain what gains they have made. Testing is behind the drugs. When they first tested Lance Armstrong he passed the test, but low and behold now that they can test the invisible things they knew nothing about then he magically fails for blood doping/EPO?? Also as evidenced by the Balkan scandal in baseball, if not for some discoveries of the derivatives of steroids they were using they wouldn't have known what to look for in that type of testing they were using either.

Steroids are safe, for adults using medicinal dosages, using proper post cycle therapies and not using the ridiculous other drugs causing all the bloated GH and insulin guts you see today in body building. Guys like Stallone, Arnold and others are still using these "medical dosages now and they seem pretty healthy for 70+. There are 100,000's of men in North america on TRT/HRT testosterone dosages leading healthier lives now doing 100+mgs of test a week. Steroids aren't the problem, kids are the problem. Taking oral steroids without testosterone is bad, being under 21 and having almost equal to 1000's of mgs of natural test in your body already and taking more is a problem. Not doing proper post cycle therapies is almost the worst possible problem because people feel like shit and get major health issues and decide to stay on 365 is stupid.
    Last edited by jyms; 07-19-2014 at 12:07 AM.
    How the fuck do metcheck, met office and accuweather all have completely different forecasts for the next 24 hrs?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    How the fuck do metcheck, met office and accuweather all have completely different forecasts for the next 24 hrs?
    because they're trying to fuck with you.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
    That's fucking weird. I literally have metcheck as my other tab, thinking why the fuck does their forecast say there's no lightning nearby when I can hear thunder.

Although in fairness they were pretty spot on last night.

Also, why is it that every time we have thunderstorms, metcheck feel the need to reference Bohemian Rhapsody? It's not funny the first time, let alone the 20th.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    And these jokers claim to understand global warming!!!
    So what is a full steroid cycle? Like a period of hammering iron at twice normal capacity followed by a few weeks of light sobbing?
    I wonder if living in Paris would be as awesome as I have it built up in my head to be.
    The problem with Paris is it's full of French people.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I was wondering which Englishman would post this first

?wut
    Y'all some haters.
    I've been to Paris many times, it's kinda meh after the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    So what is a full steroid cycle? Like a period of hammering iron at twice normal capacity followed by a few weeks of light sobbing?
    Pretty close to bang on. The better you can chemically manage the sobbing portion is what makes you manage to maintain your hard earned "gains"
    I possibly like the French more than the English.
    I possibly like the French more than the English.
    That's not really saying much.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    I've been to Paris many times, it's kinda meh after the first time.
    I think most cities are meh after the first couple of visits unless you're part of a particular scene that's strong in that city at that particular time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Pretty close to bang on. The better you can chemically manage the sobbing portion is what makes you manage to maintain your hard earned "gains"

I feel like we're glimpsing the male/female dichotomy here. Women would embrace these emotions. Men would chemically manage them.
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    I feel like we're glimpsing the male/female dichotomy here. Women would embrace these emotions. Men would chemically manage them.
    Not chemically managing them means high estrogen levels. Do I need to explain what happens with men with high estrogen levels?
    Not chemically managing them means high estrogen levels. Do I need to explain what happens with men with high estrogen levels?
    Do they grow tits?
    ongies gonna ong
    Apple martinis and season 6 of Project Runway?
    That's not really saying much.
    lol english self-loathing.
    Do they grow tits?

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    I was visiting my cousin who owns an apricot plantation in the czech republic. My sister asks him if there are any trains going to vienna from there and he sais the last one went 19:45.
    I say it's not even 5 yet.
    - No, 1945. The nazis blew up the bridge in 1945.

actual conversation.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    We need a like button.
    Be the like button you want to see in the world.
    Be the hot bitch you'd bend over.
    I don't want to be a button, or a hot bitch.
    Then what kinda' fucked goals do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    lol english self-loathing.
    The problem with England is it's full of English people.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    Meatloaf's finest hour.
    ongies gonna ong
    Apparently today in 'Murica it's national ice cream day. Went to the local country diner, ordered a hot fudge sundae. Ate 1/4th of it. The whole time there I kept getting the, "you ain't from round here" looks, when I've fucking lived here the large majority of my life. Ended up giving my Dad the rest of the sundae.

I don't belong in this damn town. I've never felt like I have, and fuck, after living in a larger city, I know for damn sure I need to get the fuck back in the city.
    My grandmother died in the same house she was born in 78 years later. The furthest she ever went was about 50 miles. So there's some inspiration. Am I doing this right?
    Only in America would there be a national ice cream day.
    ongies gonna ong
    CHELLE come to nyc! actually go to burning man b/c i'll be there this year and i think you would fit right in.

also, for like, 3 full seconds ripe with dumbassery, i sincerely believed that you were missing the top of your middle finger.

i've been in ogden, utah for the past week. going back to NY today. the people are so overwhelmingly kind here, mormons are actually kind of amazing, and the mountains are gorgeous.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
    Valid point, but shhh, ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    CHELLE come to nyc! actually go to burning man b/c i'll be there this year and i think you would fit right in.

also, for like, 3 full seconds ripe with dumbassery, i sincerely believed that you were missing the top of your middle finger.

i've been in ogden, utah for the past week. going back to NY today. the people are so overwhelmingly kind here, mormons are actually kind of amazing, and the mountains are gorgeous.
    I have heard things about this burning man, and it does seem rather appealing. But, as far as coming to NYC anytime soon, won't be able to. ! But, trust me, my southern belle ass will make it to the big apple at some point in my life. But, then again - with the ideas I have planning, I'm also going to make it to Italy, France, and fuck knows where else. Dream big, right?

Edit: Lol, the finger thing - I did black tips on my nails. I still have all my finger.
    +1 for America being awesome
    The problem with England is it's full of English people.
    rubbish,what about all the scots welsh , poles ,romanians and kiwis.
    Yeah they all need their own special checkout at the supermarket too.
    ongies gonna ong
    Tits McGee
    If I were homeless, I would go to Niagara Falls, Ontario and post near the US / Canada border that said, "Get rid of your worthless Canadian coinage here."
    Does 2:00 win most random sample ever for sampling The Roots' "DillaTUDE" or does it just use the same exact scat synth patch?
    I feel like the popularity of autotune is the greatest possible proof that Intelligent Design is false
    I feel like the popularity of autotune is the greatest possible proof that Intelligent Design is false

2deep4u
    My new favourite site. Guess your location using google street view.

First go I got 13663 points. Roadsigns are your friend.

https://geoguessr.com/
    ongies gonna ong
    i watched zero theorem last night and am still confused.

?wut
    My new favourite site. Guess your location using google street view.

First go I got 13663 points. Roadsigns are your friend.

https://geoguessr.com/
    I'm 10,000 miles off on average. Which is only about 4000 miles more than I should get with random guesses so I'm content with that.
    I can at least get the hemisphere right. Also difference between Europe and North America, but very hard to pinpoint within those continents.
    I mixed up Spain and Italy.
    With one bink I managed to get 25 yards from correct location, a random town in Finland.

Generally, if I don't try very hard I'm not very good, and rarely get the right country. But if I take my time, maybe half an hour on one location, I'll figure out exactly where I am. Patience is the key. Sometimes I have more than other times.
    ongies gonna ong
    Patience is the key. Sometimes I have more than other times.
    If I started exploring/looking at road signs, I felt like I was cheating. I even got placed somewhere where there was a building that said "California" and I felt so dishonest about it that I guessed northern Texas, because I felt that's where I otherwise would have guessed.

I guess getting dropped in a random location on the globe and having to explore about until you have an idea of where in the world you are is a plenty fun game, though, so I don't know why I was being such a prude about it.
    I think roadsigns are fine. Sometimes it's a game simply trying to figure out what language it is. Like, try telling the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Korean characters. But yeah the idea for me is to use intuition and geography knowledge to figure out where I am. I can walk around until I find roadsigns, that's what I'd do if I actually were dumped in a random location.

Cheating is finding a roadsign and then googling the town name. Which I've done. But, irl, I have to assume I don't have the internet. So yeah I definitely consider that to be cheating, and wouldn't be bragging about a score I got thanks to google.

Simply doing it based on landscape, that's very hard and I'd be happy to simply get the right country, let alone the region.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    I don't know why I was being such a prude about it.
    You could use this as an opportunity for deep introspection. Maybe go out in the desert and take a powerful long-lasting hallucinogen and unlock the mysteries of your existence.
    You could use this as an opportunity for deep introspection. Maybe go out in the desert and take a powerful long-lasting hallucinogen and unlock the mysteries of your existence.
    VISION QUEST

in all seriousness i wholly encourage the use of psychedelics as integrative tools for exploring one's consciousness.

as does he.
    I encourage it just for fun. Look at all the pretty colours.
    ongies gonna ong
    Just don't pull an Evan Tanner
    VISION QUEST
    That show is pretty funny. looking forward to s2.

?wut
    i dunno why i read the news anymore. it's nothing but incredibly horrifying

?wut
    I sent this a friend in teamspeak.
    He finds a sign saying: Big bang? God says: I don't think so!
    I tell him to try Kansas.
    32km.

He got the Acropolis and a local landmark the same round.
    Last edited by oskar; 07-24-2014 at 08:18 PM.
    walker told me i have aids

amazing.

?wut
    so beyonce's new crazy in love is quite nice.

?wut
    I got accepted to the college during the interview. Holy fuck. Holy fuck. Holy fuck. Intro to Psychology, Intro to Sociology, and Creative Writing. Ohgod. Ohgod. Oh. My. God.
    that's awesome chelle, hope u have some fun through the grindestone of academia. I enjoyed my psych classes so much I inadvertently ended up minoring in it.
    that's awesome chelle, hope u have some fun through the grindestone of academia. I enjoyed my psych classes so much I inadvertently ended up minoring in it.
    Thank you!

Niice! I'm probably going to do double major, lol. Psych + Sociology. I am scared and fucking excited as hell. Lol I have no fucking clue what I'm god damn doing, but FUCK YEAH DOIN IT.

Also:
    congrats chelle!

i have a sister-in-law now yay

was listening to a youtube lecture by this professor, Wes Cecil, on Heidegger today. he's really engaging and interesting. he's got a bunch of recordings of his lectures on youtube on philosophy and literature: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9f...UfIuByA/videos if anyone's interested
    congrats chelle!

i have a sister-in-law now yay

was listening to a youtube lecture by this professor, Wes Cecil, on Heidegger today. he's really engaging and interesting. he's got a bunch of recordings of his lectures on youtube on philosophy and literature: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9f...UfIuByA/videos if anyone's interested
    Thank you!

Yay for havin' a SIL! They are great. When did your bro get married?
    well he got engaged the other day (i put some pics on fb if you wanna see me looking like the girl from Blossom) so yeah. i guess it won't be official till they're married.
    well he got engaged the other day (i put some pics on fb if you wanna see me looking like the girl from Blossom) so yeah. i guess it won't be official till they're married.
    Either way, yay! !
    They're gonna have an all-checkered-shirt wedding
    had a friend die last night in a motorcycle accident. dont drink and drive friends =(

?wut