Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumTournament Poker

$6.50 Turbo Bubble. QQ facing reraise.

Default $6.50 Turbo Bubble. QQ facing reraise.

SB ws quite loose. raising a lot throughout (sorry, dont have HUD as yet.) however he had showndown solid holdings.

what range do you put villain on? based on your range whats your move?

pre flop raise could hae been around 100 les but meh...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 6.5 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (UTG) (t3015)
    Button (t1020)
    SB (t3040)
    BB (t6425)

Hero's M: 10.05

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
    Hero bets t600, 1 fold, SB raises to t3040 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero ??
    With the sb pushing over the big stack and you, he is unlikely to be splashing with a wide range here.

With solid hands like QQ I think I push pre-flop as opposed to raising, simply because I think you have to cry and fold here with such a short stack on the table and the likely narrow range of the villain (although hands like 77-TT, AK or AQ are not beyond the realm of possibility). Pushing PF probably narrows his calling range to aces and kings, and therefore you will take the pot more often.
    This is an ICM question - I'll try to run the numbers a little later today. My gut feel is that it's a close one but I could be wrong.

That said, I do agree with Naka that I would just push preflop to avoid this kind of difficult decision.
    cheers...

so eventhough we have 15 BB's its still better to push? can we raise 2.5 or 3xBB with any holding here or are our options purely shove or fold?
    Due to the size of button's stack, pushing is >>> raising 3x.

The only real hand you could consider standard raising is like AA but that still sucks b/c the BB may be a maniac and has a large chip stack and could bust you if he catches a flop

Shove alllll day with here

As played reads help with the SB, but I do think its a close one...

The thing is if he has you have played your hand in such a way that makes his reshove correct, whereas if you had just shoved to begin with it would be a mistake for him to call

Don't complain; Just work harder - Randy Pausch (The Last Lecture)
    nice post caddie cheers...
    OK, this is the ICM:

- If you fold you will have 2415 chips worth 23.2% of the prize pool
    - If you call and win you will have 6230 chips worth 38.2% of the prize pool
    - If you call and lose you are out on the bubble.

Therefore, you need to be (23.2/38.2) = 61% to win against opp's shove over range to make this a good call.

Assuming opp shoves over with a range of say 99+, AQ+, you're 57.8% to win against this range so you have to fold. You'd have to have a read that SB shoves over with at least 88+, AJ+ to make this a good call.

Anyway, I agree with the others that the lesson from this hand is to just shove preflop and as caddie said, let the others make a mistake by calling. I'd standard raise KK (and obv AA) in this spot however, since it has enough equity against even a tight shove over range to allow you to call profitably.
    V nice posts by Caddie & Taipan.. I don't ever see me folding here.
    Quote Originally Posted by taipan168
    Anyway, I agree with the others that the lesson from this hand is to just shove preflop and as caddie said, let the others make a mistake by calling. I'd standard raise KK (and obv AA) in this spot however, since it has enough equity against even a tight shove over range to allow you to call profitably.
    I am not sure this is the correct lesson, I agree that in the case of SB shoving over it is a tough spot, but with a standard raise you are more likely to get a call from hands that you dominate

Quote Originally Posted by TLR
    Quote Originally Posted by taipan168
    I am not sure this is the correct lesson, I agree that in the case of SB shoving over it is a tough spot, but with a standard raise you are more likely to get a call from hands that you dominate
    I don't mind standard raising (but I would definitely shove weaker holdings such as 99 and AK) but if we do I would make it 500 rather than 600 to go and realise that if we get shoved over we more than likely have to fold.