Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

5NL AQo [formerly 'test']

Default 5NL AQo [formerly 'test']

Full Tilt - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $5.53 (VPIP: 30.61, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 51)
    BB: $4.09 (VPIP: 37.84, PFR: 24.32, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 38)
    UTG: $4.97 (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 57)
    MP: $5.00 (VPIP: 22.45, PFR: 18.37, 3Bet Preflop: 6.06, Hands: 102)
    CO: $6.33 (VPIP: 64.29, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
    Hero (BTN): $5.50

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q A

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 6 A 2 BB checks, Hero bets $0.21, BB raises to $0.67, Hero raises to $1.31, BB raises to $1.95, Hero ??

I don't think he's flatting pre-flop with QQ+ or AK. And I also don't think he's re-raising with a flush draw. If anything I think maybe he's defending against one?

Low pair I think is for sure in his pre-flop flatting range, so sets worry me, and that would explain him trying to put me off a flush draw. AJ, AT, A6, even A2 is possible right? Thoughts?

I also know I struggle with sizing.. so any comments there would be appreciated.
    Obviously I didn't mean to title this thread "test"... don't suppose there is a way to change that?
    Not sure why you're reraising the flop.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Nor me but at least you know you're losing. Fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    Not sure why you're reraising the flop.
    I was raising from the button, and I think he was perceiving my opening range here to be a lot wider than it was. I realize I have very limited sample size for him, but he seemed like he was calling pretty loosely generally speaking, so on this flop, I'm crushing the range with which he'd flat my button open.

Because he thinks I'm opening wide in this spot, I thought there was a very good chance he was trying to fold me out of a missed flop at first. I really expected a fold when I re-raised him, I mean there is only 4 combinations he could have in this spot that beat me (66, 22, A2, A6). I don't think he's flatting pre here with AA or AK. Always a chance he is semi-bluffing with flush cards or another Ace combo but I don't think he's re-rasing me again with that.

I think it's a fold at this point too, but my play to that point has logic to it, doesn't it? That being said, I'm never real sure about my sizing. I need to work on that.
    You have the As which kind of sucks in this spot. A lot of the hands you beat in this spot would have been Axss.

Regardless of having the As or not, I'm calling flop and re-evaluating. I would only 3b here if I had very strong reads that villain c/r hands like A8-AJ etc on flops. Or strong reads that they c/r JTss etc here and can't fold to 3b and peel their flush draws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    why are you 3-betting the flop? seems like a bad idea
    Quote Originally Posted by griffey24 View Post
    You have the As which kind of sucks in this spot. A lot of the hands you beat in this spot would have been Axss.

Regardless of having the As or not, I'm calling flop and re-evaluating. I would only 3b here if I had very strong reads that villain c/r hands like A8-AJ etc on flops. Or strong reads that they c/r JTss etc here and can't fold to 3b and peel their flush draws.
    Thank you. Nice to get some constructive feedback that I can work with.
    i call the flop to see a turn. Unless you think he's raising a flushdraw I don't see why you'd need to price him more.