Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,125 of 9319
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    When the next democrat is elected President. Remember your own words. Treat them fairly.
    Since conservatives did a pretty good job of treating Obama fairly, that shouldn't be a problem.
    Hahaha, no way.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    What's your point?
    Remember when Obama sat down with a round table of Rs and all the brought in their defense was a stack of papers to say, "Who could understand this?" and Obama answered every one of their questions?

Then they didn't do that anymore because it was so low energy.
    What's yours. Is Trump being dealt with unfairly?
    I don't remember and I don't particularly care. We weren't talking about politicians.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I don't remember and I don't particularly care. We weren't talking about politicians.
    How very convenient.

Things that might change your mind never happened and aren't a part of what should be considered.
    What's yours. Is Trump being dealt with unfairly?
    Absolutely. Turn on any mainstream media. Or examine any of the rationales provided against him.

It's a night and day difference. Obama was given a pass on virtually everything by the media. Obama's detraction from conservatives came because of his implementation of bad policy. Trump's detraction from the ctrl-left comes from hallucination.
    How very convenient.

Things that might change your mind never happened and aren't a part of what should be considered.
    Why would what you provide change my mind when I already agree with you? Republican politicians have been garbage for some time now.
    Absolutely. Turn on any mainstream media. Or examine any of the rationales provided against him.

It's a night and day difference. Obama was given a pass on virtually everything by the media. Obama's detraction from conservatives came because of his implementation of bad policy. Trump's detraction from the ctrl-left comes from hallucination.
    I don't care about 24/7 media because it's crap. I can't remember the last time I watched CNN or Fox News, yet somehow they're apart of every political conversation.
    Why would what you provide change my mind when I already agree with you? Republican politicians have been garbage for some time now.
    I don't care about turning your hat. I like sparing with ideas. You seem overly-smitten with President Trump. I think he's deeply broken and not up for the challenge of the office.
    You seem overly-smitten with President Trump.
    Why do you think that?
    Why do you think that?
    Because I was overly smitten with Obama and Clinton and I know the look.
    Why do you think that?
    Sorry Wuf, but is it the 'smitten' part you're questioning, or the 'overly'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Sorry Wuf, but is it the 'smitten' part you're questioning, or the 'overly'?
    Take your pick.
    Because I was overly smitten with Obama and Clinton and I know the look.
    I was with Obama too. I might also know the look.

But if we're ever going to exit from probable-hallucination territory, we need substantiation of claims.
    Ahahahahhahaa fuck Obama, fuck DACA, Trump 2020 #MAGA so much winning can't stand it
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Ahahahahhahaa fuck Obama, fuck DACA, Trump 2020 #MAGA so much winning can't stand it
    Who genuinely thinks this?

Not you, spoon. You're square.
    Who genuinely thinks this?

Not you, spoon. You're square.
    The winning team. That's who.

If we can't pay the military, we shouldn't be paying for welfare. That'll straighten this shit out real quick.
    Golem of the MAGA cult.

Keep on keepin on, spoon.
    Happy Trump Day.

MAGA as fuck.
    I wonder what the slogan is gonna be in 3 years. Keep America Great ? #KAG ?
    What amount of money greater than what people would freely choose to give to those they think need it should the government tax and give to people the government thinks need it? My guess is that when people think upon this question, the answer is inevitably zero. If it is greater than zero then that means that somebody thinks the government that is supposed to represent the people should technically NOT represent the people. So, we can move past this, because we know the government should tax and spend zero percent more on welfare than the people think the government should.

That leaves us with an x amount of money that people think should go to welfare. So then the question is are we better off in aggregate if the government spends that as the government sees fit or if the individuals spend it as the individuals see fit. A superficial view says no we are not better off because that implies that each individual thinks that the government knows better than the individual does about the individual's preferences. A more in depth view looks to economic theory IMO, which says that results will be better if competitive rather than if non-competitive.
    The potential problem I see with this is that you essentially have a majority decide over the minority and while it's not impossible, it's definitely not self-evident that the majority will act with the best interests of the minority in mind.

I appreciate you typing all of this out. I might respond to more of it later. I take great issue with that teaching in africa anecdote but it would take an equal or greater wall of text for me to respond to that.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
    I wonder what the slogan is gonna be in 3 years. Keep America Great ? #KAG ?
    If vegas ever makes odds on things like this I would guess that "Make America Greater" would be even money at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    The potential problem I see with this is that you essentially have a majority decide over the minority and while it's not impossible, it's definitely not self-evident that the majority will act with the best interests of the minority in mind.
    Are you saying that letting individuals and families and communities decide is disempowering minorities while having government decide is empowering minorities? I'm confused since the former is technically about minorities deciding while the latter is technically about the majority deciding (assuming democracy, which we do assume).
    Not really, because while the political leaders are elected by majority they don't have to act in accordance with the majority on all issues. In contrast: people are more likely to be compassionate towards issues that affect them. This could be fine in some areas. It does not seem fine to me in areas where wealth affects your voting power and the amount of wealth you have inevitably effects your position on the subject. The person who has inherited a million dollars is overwhelmingly more likely to believe to be the master of his own destiny than a crack baby.

I want to address the obvious red herring before it comes up: If this sounds a lot like lobbying, it is, and I don't care much for that either.
    On the topic of who is playing the game smartly and who is not, the shutdown is a great example. The Dems stupidly tried to do something they don't even believe in (shutting government down). Why? Who knows, probably has to do with they saw the GOP do it a while back. So then when push came to shove, the Dems surrendered.

In game theory we call the Schumer Shutdown "not a credible threat".
    What I like is how the delete-media was never even on board in the first place. Whodathunk that an institution full of people who believe Government = Salvation would not favor shutting down the government?
    Why? Who knows.
    It was revenge for the "shithole" comment.

They wanted Trump to be "punished" for that by forcing him to acquiesce to some really un-Trump-like immigration policies. And they thought they could do it by holding the government hostage.

It backfired. Even CNN and MSNBC just couldn't spin the story credibly enough for the democrats not to look like ass-holes. So, they had to cave.

They brought up Trumps comments in 2013. They even had poopadoop parroting their talking points in this forum. But no one bought it. Yes, the president has to lead, but that kinda goes out the window when the other side is acting irrationally. Irrational behavior does not respond to reason.

I mean, are we going to start ousting teachers when kids act up in the classroom? Are parents gonna start losing custody whenever siblings fight with each other? Sometimes good leadership isn't enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    They even had poopadoop parroting their talking points in this forum.
    I lol'd.
    Zombie is as zombie does.
    I just thought the characterization that he was sent to do stuff is funny. He seems perfectly capable of having his own opinions and motives.
    I just thought the characterization that he was sent to do stuff is funny. He seems perfectly capable of having his own opinions and motives.
    You're only saying that cause you're the 1 in 3 conservatives he likes.

Let's be honest though....he wasn't thinking for himself when he posted that
    You're only saying that cause you're the 1 in 3 conservatives he likes.

Let's be honest though....he wasn't thinking for himself when he posted that
    You guys do make me look good. It's a contrast I have appreciated silently. And frankly, knowing that makes me even more likely to not be combative and to empathize more with the opposing view. So it's a win all around I guess.
    You guys do make me look good. It's a contrast I have appreciated silently. And frankly, knowing that makes me even more likely to not be combative and to empathize more with the opposing view. So it's a win all around I guess.
    I have no empathy for people who support an ideology that's responsible for nine-figure death tolls over the past century. Fuck them and anybody who looks like them.
    While I do agree that the base ideology of using government coercion to organize society is the root from which both of the western left/progressivism and communism/fascism emerge, proponents don't see it that way.
    I have no empathy for people [...]
    The rest of that sentence is redundant, right?
    FWIW, what I think I know of Spoon is that he's much more empathetic than his pseudo-trolling on this board suggests.
    Yeah (obvious, actually, which is why my comment amuses me), but I no longer respect the commune as a place where adults exchange ideas in honest appreciation of each other, so I'm not interested in characterizing spoon as a whole individual, just as a caricature of something he isn't...

That's what we do here, now, isn't it?
    While I do agree that the base ideology of using government coercion to organize society is the root from which both of the western left/progressivism and communism/fascism emerge, proponents don't see it that way.
    The proponents only see it one of two ways.....either they are the puppet masters, and see that as a means to control a population, secure a voting base, and leverage it to maintain power.

or...

they are the puppets...duped into a sense of entitlement and perception of injustice/unfairness that can only be rectified by government.

No one has ever been un-brainwashed through an "adult exchange of ideas in honest appreciation of each other". The only way to change hearts and minds is for the hypocrisy to be laid bare, in plain, but sometimes crass, terms. The failings of intelligence must be highlighted in ways that sometimes shame the stupid. Human instincts of self-preservation will kick in and reason will override the brainwash-induced ideology.

Dems ended the government shutdown today out of embarrassment....not as a result of a healthy, productive, respectful debate. Their position was laid out, in plain english, for the American people to interpret.

Dems are not paying soldiers because they want free shit for illegals.

Explaining it like that makes their position indefensible. And they were caught defending the indefensible.
    Last edited by BananaStand; 01-22-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    Yeah well, there are a lot of super basic things they don't understand, and that's a large part of where the zombie analogy comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    The rest of that sentence is redundant, right?
    I have empathy for you because I think your heart is in the right place. As for what gets you off-track, I think your kindness is being taken advantage of and that you're a bit naive due to limited experience in the world.

Yeah (obvious, actually, which is why my comment amuses me), but I no longer respect the commune as a place where adults exchange ideas in honest appreciation of each other, so I'm not interested in characterizing spoon as a whole individual, just as a caricature of something he isn't...

That's what we do here, now, isn't it?
    I wasn't under the impression that it was ever that. This ties into what I was mentioning earlier about your seemingly Pollyanna tendencies that get taken advantage of.

That's how the news cycle goes:

1. Mah Russia
    2. Thing A happens
    3. Mah Russia was behind A
    4. Thing B happens
    5. Mah Russia was behind B
    6. Nothing happens for a while
    7. Mah Russia

Repeat.
    I wasn't under the impression that it was ever that. This ties into what I was mentioning earlier about your seemingly Pollyanna tendencies that get taken advantage of.
    Were you reading it before you arrived? How about before Banana arrived?

The thing with you two is you seem more interested in insulting and shouting down people who don't share your views than in trying to persuade them with any reasoned arguments the way Wuf and everyone else does. If your aim is to turn this forum into a right-wing echo chamber then you've pretty much won by sheer volume of posts alone.

As far as empathy goes, why should anyone here care if you're a nice person IRL or not? You choose to respond to every post from 'the other side' here by including some ad hominen argument about the person who made it. The response quoted above is just one of dozens of example of that. Being a douche is being a douche; just because you may limit it to one particular corner of the internet doesn't change the fact you're being a douche.

The problem for you guys is, no-one really cares if you think highly of them or not based on your own personal worldview. They just shrug and think 'Well, there's another obnoxious person on the internet I'm better off ignoring.' In the end all you accomplish is to make yourself look like a douche. Ok, well done I guess.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 01-22-2018 at 06:17 PM.

The thing with you two is you seem more interested in insulting and shouting down people who don't share your views than in trying to persuade them with any reasoned arguments the way Wuf and everyone else does. If your aim is to turn this forum into a right-wing echo chamber then you've pretty much won by sheer volume of posts alone.

As far as empathy goes, why should anyone here care if you're a nice person IRL or not? You choose to respond to every post from 'the other side' here by including some ad hominen argument about the person who made it. The response quoted above is just one of dozens of example of that. Being a douche is being a douche; just because you may limit it to one particular corner of the internet doesn't change the fact you're being a douche.

The problem for you guys is, no-one really cares if you think highly of them or not based on your own personal worldview. They just shrug and think 'Well, there's another obnoxious person on the internet I'm better off ignoring.' In the end all you accomplish is to make yourself look like a douche. Ok, well done I guess.
    TRIGGERED
    TRIGGERED
    Confirmed douche. Mission accomplished.
    The above exchange is spoon legit demonstrating empathy for me. I didn't take the Pollyanna comment as insulting, but an honest assessment from his POV, and not intended to insult. For crap's sake, I often wish I had more of a spine when it comes to trying to make the most of a crap situation, and he's definitely right that I do let people take advantage of me to the point of getting emotionally wrecked by it.

I'm sure you can recognize legit vitriol from spoon by now. That post of his was actually a bit flattering.

The thing with spoon is that he's wicked smart, and his world view is consistent.
    (Yeah, I kinda like him... even though we're polar opposites on most viewpoints
    EDIT: and he's a manwhore [/EDIT])

Once, a few years back, I was in a spell of depression, and spoon and I were even less friendly with each other then than now (not that I know how it looks now). Anyway, he cajoled me into a Skype call, and within minutes he had me laughing myself to tears.
    He can be brusque, and his impeccable way with words allows him to really cut when he wants to, but behind all of that is someone I can support.
    Good post.

I always thought Spoon was a joke until he told me my facts were wrong, so I asked for explanation and he gave it with the facts. My facts were indeed wrong.

The topic was the Zimmerman/Martin event. I always just assumed the delete-media wasn't lying its ass off about the facts. Lesson learned.
    Confirmed douche. Mission accomplished.
    Spoon and I go back a few years. I'm not bothered by him, and don't think I ever really was.
    It's hard to actually get insulted by someone whom you don't remotely respect.*

You gotta know that he is a master wordsmith, and he's got a knack for saying just the right thing to trigger one person while making someone else grin.

Basically, his responses are tailored to the site and the person he's responding to so well that it can be hard to immediately see that everything he writes is a pun on a grand scale.

I know that if you let him insult you for a year or so more, you'll start to see through it to the superhero underneath.

*Oh, mother of turds! He's slowing winning my respect so he can break through my insult-proof shield and truly shred me!

Curse you, spooooooon!
    Once, a few years back, I was in a spell of depression, and spoon and I were even less friendly with each other then than now (not that I know how it looks now). Anyway, he cajoled me into a Skype call, and within minutes he had me laughing myself to tears.
    He can be brusque, and his impeccable way with words allows him to really cut when he wants to, but behind all of that is someone I can support.
    That's very kind of him and he deserves praise for it. I don't know the guy and I don't assume he goes around IRL insulting people. I can only comment on what I've seen here , and very little of that has been other than obnoxious douchery.
    It's hard to actually get insulted by someone whom you don't remotely respect.
    Respect is a two-way street mate. If you're getting it but you're not giving it, then you're doing it wrong.
    Good post.

I always thought Spoon was a joke until he told me my facts were wrong, so I asked for explanation and he gave it with the facts. My facts were indeed wrong.

The topic was the Zimmerman/Martin event. I always just assumed the delete-media wasn't lying its ass off about the facts. Lesson learned.
    I wonder how many people STILL think Zimmerman's white or that Trayvon didn't double back from the front stoop of where he was saying to attack him.

The above exchange is spoon legit demonstrating empathy for me. I didn't take the Pollyanna comment as insulting, but an honest assessment from his POV, and not intended to insult. For crap's sake, I often wish I had more of a spine when it comes to trying to make the most of a crap situation, and he's definitely right that I do let people take advantage of me to the point of getting emotionally wrecked by it.

I'm sure you can recognize legit vitriol from spoon by now. That post of his was actually a bit flattering.

The thing with spoon is that he's wicked smart, and his world view is consistent.
    (Yeah, I kinda like him... even though we're polar opposites on most viewpoints
    EDIT: and he's a manwhore [/EDIT])

You just want some of this albino gorilla dick that makes dyke pussy wet.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 01-22-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Well now that MadMojoMonkey is done jerking me off, I guess I'll actually read your post here and give a response.

I've been here almost 12 and a half years. The commune has always been about a bunch of poker players talking shit and carrying on. If you take it any more seriously than that, then you're doing it wrong.

I'd say this is a weakness of wufwugy's, and I can certainly say that he's taken significant strides in shoring it up inside of the past 18 months. Your entire position is an emotional one, so reasoned arguments are useless.

They shouldn't care if I'm a nice person IRL or not. I'm not a nice person IRL anyway. I've never claimed to be. Moreover, giving a shit about whether someone else is nice or not is some real Bernie Sanders-level cuck shit.

And you've called me 2x-3x more names than I've ever called you. To be fair, I understand why: It's because I don't respond to any of the other list of standard liberal tactics you've tried to go through.

I'm not sure how that's a problem for me.

If you want to summarize the whole thing, it's this: You have this idea of certain virtues like being nice, being fair, being equal, not offending anyone and being a victim. Your worldview centers around wishing those virtues were the most important things in reality. I don't pretend that they are, and you don't know how to handle that inside of your worldview because I don't respond to the typical tools that people like you want to use to keep people in line. That's when you throw your hands up and say, "He's just a douche!"
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 01-22-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    I wonder how many people STILL think Zimmerman's white or that Trayvon didn't double back from the front stoop of where he was saying to attack him.
    Depends on if they REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEspect facts or not.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 01-22-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    I'd say this is a weakness of wufwugy's, and I can certainly say that he's taken significant strides in shoring it up inside of the past 18 months. Your entire position is an emotional one, so reasoned arguments are useless.
    What is the weakness?
    What is the weakness?
    Trying to use logic and reasonable discussion instead of memes and bullying.

Also, I added a couple of edits to the above.
    That's very kind of him and he deserves praise for it. I don't know the guy and I don't assume he goes around IRL insulting people. I can only comment on what I've seen here , and very little of that has been other than obnoxious douchery.
    The mere presence of his raw, American, alpha-male awesomeness is insult to all cucks in eye-shot.

I'm not telling you who to like. General douchery doesn't bother me. Voluntary ignorance bothers me.
    Your worldview centers around wishing those virtues were the most important things in reality.
    I had a real problem with this during the primary of Titanium Ted vs. El Blumpfo, or more like after Trump won.

It took me maybe two months to get over it. There was some base to it, like I was always going to support the Republican in the general election no matter what since in my estimation there is a zero percent chance of increasing individual freedom by a Democrat administration (except by accident).

But the more active factors were that I told myself that I wanted to learn how such a dickface as Trump could convince so many people he was the bees knees. So I sought out explanations. Mainly I read Scott Adams and The_Donald for a few months. Adams made some highly factual and logical points that made me see things differently, and some of the funny memery at T_D softened me up. Nobody on the internet laughs at themselves as well as the Trump people. We all know Trump is ridiculous.

So, I say to anytime somebody wants to develop, the key is to actively admit openness to it in the first place, and to expose the self to the community and apologetics of the counter view.
    Well now that MadMojoMonkey is done jerking me off, I guess I'll actually read your post here and give a response.
    Ya it is a bit sad that he shows you all kinds of respect in an attempt to get some of it back. And you just keep pulling the football away Lucy-style and he keeps wanting to think someday you'll stop.

I've been here almost 12 and a half years. The commune has always been about a bunch of poker players talking shit and carrying on. If you take it any more seriously than that, then you're doing it wrong.
    Talking shit and expressing views with little to back them up is one thing. You and your buddy banana aren't doing that; you're just abusing everyone who disagrees with you. Big difference.

I'd say this is a weakness of wufwugy's, and I can certainly say that he's taken significant strides in shoring it up inside of the past 18 months.
    YOU would say that, most other people just see it as someone who's got some decency.

Your entire position is an emotional one, so reasoned arguments are useless.
    So you can't reason with someone who doesn't think the way you do because in your mind they aren't thinking clearly, but are just going on emotions. Because if they were being reasonable they would agree with whatever you say. Sorry but that seems a wee bit arrogant.

They shouldn't care if I'm a nice person IRL or not. I'm not a nice person IRL anyway. I've never claimed to be. Moreover, giving a shit about whether someone else is nice or not is some real Bernie Sanders-level cuck shit.
    Kinda not really the point. Society has norms for how decent people talk to each other. You don't have to accept those norms, but if you ignore those norms then you can't get butthurt when people call you a douche.

And you've called me 2x-3x more names than I've ever called you.
    Being subtle with how you insult people doesn't change the fact that you're doing it; it just gives you an out to make nonsense arguments like this. I guess you feel that makes you clever in a kind of lawyerly way where you can point out the times you've been directly called a name, whereas all of your insults have been indirect and therefore you can claim they weren't aimed at anyone in particular, when everyone can see they really were. Lol, what a way to spend your energy.

Ok, I guess you just get put on the ignore list then until you actually have something worth contributing to the discussion. Glad it doesn't bother you.
    I had a real problem with this during the primary of Titanium Ted vs. El Blumpfo, or more like after Trump won.

It took me maybe two months to get over it. There was some base to it, like I was always going to support the Republican in the general election no matter what since in my estimation there is a zero percent chance of increasing individual freedom by a Democrat administration (except by accident).

But the more active factors were that I told myself that I wanted to learn how such a dickface as Trump could convince so many people he was the bees knees. So I sought out explanations. Mainly I read Scott Adams and The_Donald for a few months. Adams made some highly factual and logical points that made me see things differently, and some of the funny memery at T_D softened me up. Nobody on the internet laughs at themselves as well as the Trump people. We all know Trump is ridiculous.

So, I say to anytime somebody wants to develop, the key is to actively admit openness to it in the first place, and to expose the self to the community and apologetics of the counter view.
    The bolded right here pretty much explains what went on in your head imo. The rest is just the logical conclusion of that process.
    I agree those are the most pivotal.

The base frame makes the final interpretation, roughly speaking.
    Ya it is a bit sad that he shows you all kinds of respect in an attempt to get some of it back. And you just keep pulling the football away Lucy-style and he keeps wanting to think someday you'll stop.
    You got me all wrong, here.
    I've only showed him exactly 1 kind of respect*, and it's only to help you understand his and my history and to put your response in context.

IDGAF one bit whether or not he respects me. I'm slightly amused to find that I have a form of respect for him... mostly in a "who'd'a thunk it!" kind of way.

I don't "want" anything for or from spoon aside from his continued professional attitude toward modding on this forum.

I'm joking around quite a lot in these posts. I assume those who know me know my tone neither includes the word cuck in any context, nor does it use the word awesome without sarcasm when talking about spoon's ego.

*IDK what that means, but it sounded cool. That's what we do here, right?
    The mere presence of his raw, American, alpha-male awesomeness is insult to all cucks in eye-shot.
    This is why you and I are okay, but other people and I are not okay. You can handle it because you care about being awesome, doing awesome shit and always trying to get better. Other people can't handle it because they're too busy trying to collect victim points.

They do not happen to the world. The world happens to them.
    You can handle it because you care about being awesome, doing awesome shit and always trying to get better.
    You just want some of this albino monkey dick that makes dyke pussy wet.
    If we're all having a big circle jerk you can all say some nice things about me too.
    You just want some of this albino monkey dick that makes dyke pussy wet.
    Have you read some of his posts on sex and relationships lately??

He's just using you for your money
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    If we're all having a big circle jerk you can all say some nice things about me too.
    I remember that one time you said I was "a nice guy" when some noob was giving me lip in the BC. That was nice of you.

You used to be all like this:

Now you're more like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    You're gay as fuck.
    Hey so just in case you fucktards don't realize this, your facial features are strongly correlated to which side of the political spectrum you're drawn to, suggesting a very serious genetic component.

When you tie that to conservatives being more attractive and the genetic components involved in that, it shows who's made to fuck and who's made to cuck.
    Well that's nonsense, but your political orientation is a trait you're more likely to pass on to your children than most physical traits and you might be confusing causation and correlation.
    Last edited by oskar; 01-22-2018 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Well that's nonsense, but your political orientation is a trait you're more likely to pass on to your children than most physical traits and you might be confusing causation and correlation.
    It's not nonsense. Here's one example:

A.I. can detect the sexual orientation of a person based on one photo, research shows

The Stanford University study found that machines had a far superior "gaydar" when compared to humans.

The machine intelligence tested in the research could correctly infer between gay and straight men 81 percent of the time, and 74 percent of the time for women.
    (Source)

And I'm not confusing causation and correlation.
    "While a person's "grooming style" also factored in to the computer algorithm, essentially suggesting gay women appeared more masculine and vice versa."

A) That's a cool result.
    B) I wonder how well it works across cultures. I wonder how long until it can tell you 3 generations of your heritage and whether or not each of them were gay, too.
    It's not nonsense. Here's one example:

(Source)
    wowzers, could you possibly find a less useful source?

And I'm not confusing causation and correlation.
    yes, you are.
    The machine intelligence tested in the research could correctly infer between gay and straight men 81 percent of the time, and 74 percent of the time for women.
    Wild speculation, but I'm gonna say that percentage drops significantly if you use the cast of Jersey Shore as test subjects.