Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

1/3NL: LAG Chop Blocks, Then 3bs

Default 1/3NL: LAG Chop Blocks, Then 3bs

6pm on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving at local card room. Table was unbearably tight and short-stacked for the preceding 5 hours before two players came from a broken table and completely blew up the dynamic. Bluffing / light isos / etc have now completely gone out the window and I'm just hoping to get dealt any hand that flops top pair, open it for 6bbs, get 3 callers, hit top pair, and vbet for 2+ streets to take down a massive pot with TPMK.

Villain in this hand is very native looking Mexican. Modestly dressed, mid-30s, very ESL. He was first seated to my direct right. He live straddled in MP his first hand in, and I immediately stole the straddle and asked for a Seat Change button. I moved 3 seats to his left, but table is broken in posted hand, hence the bvb against him.

My image is dirty and losing. Early into the two players' arrival--before I got the memo that there is no strategy left beyond vbetting--I iso'ed Villain's HJ straddle and 2 limpers for $25 with some Qxo garbage. Villain was the only caller. I ran a cbet / check / post-oak line, and villain called with some absurd bullshit. I said he was good, but he made me show my bullshit hand before he showed his 85o with turned bottom pair or whatever it was.

Flops have been going 4-way for 70-90 dollars pretty frequently, and he has been a serious threat to make 1/2 PSB stabs whenever it's checked to him.

OTTH:

Folds to Hero in the SB, who holds AhQc. I ask villain, "Chop chop?"

He gives a non-subtle sour face at the idea and says, "No noooo."

I purse my lips and fire $16. He raises to $40. I think villain has a bit more than $400, but his chips are inscrutably stacked. As I'm thinking, villain says, "Sorry, I'm not trying to ... I just don't chop." Seems plausible enough for this player, but it could be a routine too.

If you're 4b'ing, please provide size and planned response to a 5b. If you're flatting, please provide our plan on whiffed flops. Are we rebluffing certain boards, and if so, which ones? Are we looking to x/r a lot? OOP float? Etc.
    Last edited by surviva316; 11-27-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    OK I'm gonna lie and say I think folding is best here. no really.

I think when this type of player doesn't want to chop it's because he has a real monster so often.
    Playing big pots at small stakes.