Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,271,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Trump is the WWE and Mueller is The Undertaker

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,800 of 1812
  1. #1726
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    PastRy, not pasty.

    Pasty is your face in January after three months of overcast, you English type.
    Pasties are those little tassels that strippers put on their nipples, right?
  2. #1727
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    For what it's worth, just about every country I've come across has some form of spiced meat wrapped in bread. From Egg Rolls to Potstickers to all manner of savory finger-food pies from the middle east and Mediterranean countries. Even ravioli counts, IMO.
    Speaking of spiced meat in bread, a kebab is the best proof of the existence of the Devil I know of. So so fucking tasty and so so bad for you.

    However, if you go into an actual sit-down restaraunt serving authentic Middle-Eastern food, kebab chicken on a skewer is the nuts.
  3. #1728
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Pasties are those little tassels that strippers put on their nipples, right?
    Yea, but here people eat them too apparently.
  4. #1729
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Yea, but here people eat them too apparently.
    Bunch of savages in this town
  5. #1730
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    No shit?!

    It's looks so, so sketchy, though!

    I always expected it to be some overly salty, savory compliment for meat.
    I always thought it looked like a doughy-pancakey mix thing.

    No idea what Shrove Tuesday is either. Glad you didn't ask.
  6. #1731
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    PastRy, not pasty.

    Pasty is your face in January after three months of overcast, you English type.
    Nope. Pasty is a thing. It's why I specifically said "Cornish PASTY", because it's famous as fuck and is definitely called a pasty.

    It is made of pastry though, but the baking method is what distinguishes it, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  7. #1732
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    No idea what Shrove Tuesday is either. Glad you didn't ask.
    Pancake day to stupid people, Mardis Gras to people who know how to celebrate properly.

    It's the day before Ash Wednesday, which begins Lent. Christian bollocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  8. #1733
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Pancake day to stupid people, Mardis Gras to people who know how to celebrate properly.

    It's the day before Ash Wednesday, which begins Lent. Christian bollocks.
    "Pancake Tuesday" is a religious holiday? LOL, I thought it was something they just did in Manchester once a year for some strange reason. The only person I ever heard talk about it is Karl Pilkington.

    "Mardi Gras" is religious too? I thought it was an excuse for people to go to New Orleans and get their tits out.

    Man I need to study the bible.
  9. #1734
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Nope. Pasty is a thing. It's why I specifically said "Cornish PASTY", because it's famous as fuck IN ENGLAND and is definitely called a pasty BY ENGLISH PEOPLE.
    I guarantee you no-one outside of the UK has any idea why you named a pastry after something strippers put on their nipples.
  10. #1735
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    "Mardi Gras" is religious too? I thought it was an excuse for people to go to New Orleans and get their tits out.
    It's both.

    Mardi Gras is the period of time preceding Lent, in which Christians are supposed to fast (and tithe the money they saved on food. lol). Mardi Gras is the celebration leading up to the asceticism. E.g. next week we can't eat as much, let's gorge ourselves now.

    How it developed into a huge party in Rio, New Orleans and St Louis is not known to me.

    Frankly, we need more excuses for women to wander down the streets flashing people who throw cheap, kitschy beads at them. Consent implicit in the giving of beads, voluntary public titty airing... I'm not complaining. I mean, it doesn't have to be women... just saying if there are any women whom want to flash their boobs in exchange for some dollar store items, I see no harm in that exchange.
  11. #1736
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    Mardis Gras literally translates to "Fat Tuesday". So maybe they're getting it right.

    I'm surprised poop isn't familiar with Pancake day. It's a shit festival indeed, but it's the best time of the year for Jif, the company that make those little plastic lemons with lemon juice in.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  12. #1737
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    It's both.

    Mardi Gras is the period of time preceding Lent, in which Christians are supposed to fast (and tithe the money they saved on food. lol). Mardi Gras is the celebration leading up to the asceticism. E.g. next week we can't eat as much, let's gorge ourselves now.

    How it developed into a huge party in Rio, New Orleans and St Louis is not known to me.

    Frankly, we need more excuses for women to wander down the streets flashing people who throw cheap, kitschy beads at them. Consent implicit in the giving of beads, voluntary public titty airing... I'm not complaining. I mean, it doesn't have to be women... just saying if there are any women whom want to flash their boobs in exchange for some dollar store items, I see no harm in that exchange.

    I knew about Rio, but they do in StL. too?

    Also, all for gratuitous female nudity of course.
  13. #1738
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Mardis Gras literally translates to "Fat Tuesday". So maybe they're getting it right.

    I'm surprised poop isn't familiar with Pancake day. It's a shit festival indeed, but it's the best time of the year for Jif, the company that make those little plastic lemons with lemon juice in.
    Are you saying people put lemon juice on pancakes? Really?
  14. #1739
    Well I never thought this was possible either.



    NB: Turn off sound if you value your brain cells.
  15. #1740
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Are you saying people put lemon juice on pancakes? Really?
    Lemon juice and sugar. I like lemon, so it's a winner for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  16. #1741
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Lemon juice and sugar. I like lemon, so it's a winner for me.
    Oh, I thought it was just the lemon. I like lemons too but not alone on a starch.
  17. #1742
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I knew about Rio, but they do in StL. too?

    Also, all for gratuitous female nudity of course.
    St Louis is off the chain for Mardi Gras.

    We're usually 3rd for biggest city-wide Mardi Gras party. Rio is always first. New Orleans took a big hit with Katrina and St Louis was #2 for a while there. IDK, but I assume NO is back to its former Mardi Gras glory, so StL is back to 3rd.

    Funny thing is it's cold in StL that time of year... not like snow on the ground, cold, but too cold to be walking around topless for very long.
    And if you're planning a vacation during Mardi Gras, do not take my dollar store comment seriously. You're going to need to spend a little bit more on those beads. Economics. Supply and demand. It's funny. I've seen all manner of half-flashes for cheap beads or bartering a certain bead necklace for another peek. It's absolutely hilarious.
  18. #1743
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,299
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...g-you-never-do
    Few things disgust me more than someone who insults people who cannot talk back without risking their job.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  19. #1744
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,299
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  20. #1745
    Well, there's a shocker. Who'da thought Trump could be mixed up with something crooked.

    Lock him up!
  21. #1746
    So, apparently Kavanaugh was in contact with friends and witnesses BEFORE the Ramirez story broke. Seems a bit fishy he would anticipate that story coming out and try to quash it. Maybe someone she'd been talking to tipped him off?

  22. #1747
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Is it true that BK's performance in front of the Senate tics most of the boxes for a typical response by someone being confronted about something they actually did?

    I heard a few anecdotal stories today that said as much.
  23. #1748
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,299
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    You need to watch it. It's insane. They toned it down for the SNL skit. He's constantly sniveling loudly. He bursts into tears talking about lifting weights over at John's house. He bursts into tears talking about his father reading calendars to him... and you think: fair enough, but then you learn not only is his father alive, he's sitting right behind him! Kavanaugh is yelling questions back at at the person asking multiple times. "Did you ever black out drinking" - "Well, did YOU ever black out drinking?" - actual exchange.

    I assume to become a judge you have to have been a lawyer, and to be a lawyer you have to be in court defending or accusing people - I would assume he has extensive courtroom experience. How can he possibly have a breakdown like this? I don't care how partisan you are... watch the goddamn Benghazi hearing in contrast to this. - I don't think guilty or not plays much into this, this is about competence. This is not the performance of a competent judge. This would be unacceptable for a courtroom clerk. The only universe where this guy even gets considered is the one where Trump is president.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-02-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  24. #1749
    There was certainly a stark contrast between Ford, who by all accounts was relatively composed and playing it very straight, and K, who seemed to have trouble controlling his emotions and who tended to give long, evasive responses to even simple yes-or-no questions.

    Since each senator only got five minutes, one effect (intended or not) of those long answers to simple questions was to use up the D senators' time. If the idea was to have to face fewer tough questions, then it worked. More than once the D questioner would interrupt his ramblings to say 'just yes or no, please' or 'i only have five minutes'. And then he STILL wouldn't give a straight yes-or-no answer. It was a bit odd to say the least.
  25. #1750
    Hmm, I wonder what banana thinks of all this?

    Oh wait, now i know.

  26. #1751
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Is it true that BK's performance in front of the Senate tics most of the boxes for a typical response by someone being confronted about something they actually did?

    I heard a few anecdotal stories today that said as much.
    It's about a judge committing perjury. You cannot be a judge, any kind of judge let alone the highest court in the fucking country, while lying under oath.

    It's like a dentist that doesnt brush his teeth. You cannot be a dentist and not brush your teeth.

    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  27. #1752
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Seriously, though...
    Who acts like that if they're truly innocent?

    His story about his Dad's calendar is so WTF?!?

    According to his testimony and our own use of a calendar, his dad started keeping calendars when BK was 14.
    Dad told stories from his calendars at Christmas.
    Who the fuck is getting all teary over their Dad telling them stories that happened in their recent memory?
    Who gets all teary over bonding with their Dad while their Dad is sitting right behind them?

    It doesn't add up to adult behavior. It adds up to a choreographed show.


    Not to mention what I can only interpret as smug "liar's glee" on his face after he delivers the "drinking game" line.
  28. #1753
    I'm still trying to figure out K's behaviour too. There's definitely something fishy going on there. I'm trying to put myself in his shoes under different scenarios.

    I was myself a blackout drunk on occasion in HS and college (probably like most people). And, if years later someone says to me in a very believable way 'you did this awful thing when you were really drunk way back when', I'd be horrified, but how could I be absolutely sure of my innocence, since there were occasions when i was blackout drunk? I'd probably freak too, but I think I'd be more in shock than anything. And my defense would be 'I don't remember ever doing anything like that. That doesn't sound like me at all.''

    Or if I never blacked out drunk or did anything worse than grab a girl's ass in a bar then I'd think 'this is ridiculous' and I'd be incredulous and indignant. I never got any sense of incredulity from K. There was a lot of indignant vibe but no 'this is unbelievable!' vibe.

    But, if I DID do it (or similar types of things) and DID remember at least some of them, I'd know I'd prolly just been busted, and I can imagine that I might protest a bit TOO much and do a fair bit of deflecting like K did - e.g., not answering questions, blaming Hillary, etc..

    Does that seem right? Obviously I'm just sort of guessing since I've never been in that position. Also, I hope those girls whose asses I grabbed in the bar when I was 18 and 19 have all moved on since then.
  29. #1754
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    video link


    That's solid.
  30. #1755
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out K's behaviour too. There's definitely something fishy going on there. I'm trying to put myself in his shoes under different scenarios.

    I was myself a blackout drunk on occasion in HS and college (probably like most people). And, if years later someone says to me in a very believable way 'you did this awful thing when you were really drunk way back when', I'd be horrified, but how could I be absolutely sure of my innocence, since there were occasions when i was blackout drunk? I'd probably freak too, but I think I'd be more in shock than anything. And my defense would be 'I don't remember ever doing anything like that. That doesn't sound like me at all.''

    Or if I never blacked out drunk or did anything worse than grab a girl's ass in a bar then I'd think 'this is ridiculous' and I'd be incredulous and indignant. I never got any sense of incredulity from K. There was a lot of indignant vibe but no 'this is unbelievable!' vibe.

    But, if I DID do it (or similar types of things) and DID remember at least some of them, I'd know I'd prolly just been busted, and I can imagine that I might protest a bit TOO much and do a fair bit of deflecting like K did - e.g., not answering questions, blaming Hillary, etc..

    Does that seem right? Obviously I'm just sort of guessing since I've never been in that position. Also, I hope those girls whose asses I grabbed in the bar when I was 18 and 19 have all moved on since then.
    I'm trying to drop it, 'cause it's entirely circumstantial, but I've heard some pretty damning stories in the past few days.
    Circumstantial to BK, but still hard to get out of my mind.

    Basically... I've spoken to 2 women whom have been victims of a sexual assault by their at-the-moment boyfriend. Both of these women later confronted the guy about what they both knew damn well he was guilty of.
    To a T, both women said he acted just like BK. He was quick to get all ragey and deny his culpability, quick to tears over nonsense, quick to tell stories of his past as though anything could excuse his behavior, deflecting questions, redirecting accusations back at the women...

    None of it counts as evidence of anything, but to hear both of those stories in short succession left a big impression on me.
  31. #1756
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I'm trying to drop it, 'cause it's entirely circumstantial, but I've heard some pretty damning stories in the past few days.
    Circumstantial to BK, but still hard to get out of my mind.

    Basically... I've spoken to 2 women whom have been victims of a sexual assault by their at-the-moment boyfriend. Both of these women later confronted the guy about what they both knew damn well he was guilty of.
    To a T, both women said he acted just like BK. He was quick to get all ragey and deny his culpability, quick to tears over nonsense, quick to tell stories of his past as though anything could excuse his behavior, deflecting questions, redirecting accusations back at the women...

    None of it counts as evidence of anything, but to hear both of those stories in short succession left a big impression on me.
    Sample size, but yeah he was definitely acting weird.
  32. #1757
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Well I never thought this was possible either.



    NB: Turn off sound if you value your brain cells.
    The girl in the tumbnail def not sexy, like a bent stick
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  33. #1758
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1
    [nope]

    ^FTR forum without me ha ha ha ha ha ah ah aha
    Last edited by OngBonga; 10-06-2018 at 10:12 PM.
  34. #1759
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    You had to google that, which means you had to look at it more than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  35. #1760
    Baseless and opportune accusations of rape hurt legitimate women victims the most.
  36. #1761
    im guessing bstand went loco
  37. #1762
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    im guessing bstand went loco
    Went?
  38. #1763
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    im guessing bstand went loco
    He wants us all to get AIDS. I suggest we all meet up for a fuckfest and maybe some heroin. Are hookers cheaper in USA or UK? Does anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  39. #1764
    What happened?
    Opportunities knock
    was really just the pizza man
  40. #1765
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    He posted an image of what he either peruses google images for, or already stores on his harddrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  41. #1766
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    He posted an image of what he either peruses google images for, or already stores on his harddrive.
    For him to get banned in the first place.
    Opportunities knock
    was really just the pizza man
  42. #1767
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    For him to get banned in the first place.
    He went full banana

    You never go full banana
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  43. #1768
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    LOL Joe Manchin
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  44. #1769
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    For him to get banned in the first place.
    Oh. He called poop a cunt, mojo decided enough was enough. Then he fired up his spatula account and threw shit around.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  45. #1770
    Meh that's boring.
    Opportunities knock
    was really just the pizza man
  46. #1771
    Well, she's had enough.

  47. #1772
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    That's a live feed. Not really the best for a video link.

    BK appointment goes through.

    Bad governance all around, IMO.
    Dems pointing fingers at ghosts and reps ignoring the open contempt for the entire law-making body.

    Any more to say on that?
  48. #1773
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    That's a live feed. Not really the best for a video link.
    Really could have just given the headline; don't imagine anyone really wants to hear her resignation speech where she pretends she's resigning for some other reason than that Trump is making her job pretty much impossible.


    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey;2295343 [/QUOTE

    Bad governance all around, IMO.
    Dems pointing fingers at ghosts and reps ignoring the open contempt for the entire law-making body.

    Any more to say on that?
    That FBI investigation was pretty weak, a polite nod towards women victims of SA and not much else. Bit of a shame the Ford accusation came out last minute b/c if it was legit (and it seemed to be) that timing made it look pretty shady. The Ramirez one never got a proper look for the same reason and the Avenatti one neither. Think it would have been a lot harder to rush things like this if the accusations had come out a month or two sooner.

    I think the R's know they're getting smoked in the midterms and prolly in 2020 and this is their last chance to do something meaningful while they still can. D's helped them with that by being their usual toothless selves.
  49. #1774
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I think the R's know they're getting smoked in the midterms and prolly in 2020 and this is their last chance to do something meaningful while they still can. D's helped them with that by being their usual toothless selves.
    They had a list of 25 equally qualified candidates for SCOTUS nominee, and could have stopped the BK nomination and proceeded with anyone else on that list.
    Being defeated in the coming election doesn't really matter, right? Trump gets to name the nominee and he's never naming a leftie. Congress has to approve one of them.
  50. #1775
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    White House press secretary isn't exactly a position that people hold for years and years. It must be one of the highest stress:reward jobs in the White House, given the turnover rate. I don't recall reps or dems being able to hold a WHPS for very long. Am I wrong?
  51. #1776
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    They had a list of 25 equally qualified candidates for SCOTUS nominee, and could have stopped the BK nomination and proceeded with anyone else on that list.
    Being defeated in the coming election doesn't really matter, right? Trump gets to name the nominee and he's never naming a leftie. Congress has to approve one of them.
    Well, the last time the D was president, he nominated a guy and the R majority refused to approve him; I think Rs assume the same thing will happen here if they lose the majority.
  52. #1777
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    White House press secretary isn't exactly a position that people hold for years and years. It must be one of the highest stress:reward jobs in the White House, given the turnover rate. I don't recall reps or dems being able to hold a WHPS for very long. Am I wrong?
    Nikki Haley is UN Ambassador. Once appointed by an incoming president they tend to last a few years.
  53. #1778
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Nikki Haley is UN Ambassador. Once appointed by an incoming president they tend to last a few years.
    Oh wow... I really put my foot in my mouth there.
    Oops.
  54. #1779
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Well, the last time the D was president, he nominated a guy and the R majority refused to approve him; I think Rs assume the same thing will happen here if they lose the majority.
    Right, but they didn't just continue to stonewall until an R pres was elected, right?

    If so, then fuck my memory.
  55. #1780
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Right, but they didn't just continue to stonewall until an R pres was elected, right?

    If so, then fuck my memory.
    The argument was it was an election year and so they should wait to see what happened in the election. Not sure how long the stonewalling was for in months but it was definitely stonewalling- they wouldn't even consider him.

    Not sure the Ds would do it for two years + but it'd be hard to argue they shouldn't if they got the chance.
  56. #1781
    It's a pretty great thing that actions to undermine good governance did not prevail.
  57. #1782
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    ... but nonetheless, no good governance was had on that day.

    Are you OK with someone whom definitely lied under oath sitting on SCOTUS?
  58. #1783
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    It's a pretty great thing that actions to undermine good governance did not prevail.
    I'm not sure how you know any actions were taken to undermine good governance. If good governance doesn't include independent oversight of itself and its processes, then how good is it?

    In this case, at least one accusation was made that struck most people as credible. But instead of conducting a thorough investigation into it, the process instead put up a show trial of sorts and a show investigation of sorts, and in the end almost everyone voted on party lines.
  59. #1784
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    That's a live feed. Not really the best for a video link.

    BK appointment goes through.

    Bad governance all around, IMO.
    Dems pointing fingers at ghosts and reps ignoring the open contempt for the entire law-making body.

    Any more to say on that?
    LOL joe Manchin

    The best republican there is IMO
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  60. #1785
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,299
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I'm not sure how you know any actions were taken to undermine good governance. If good governance doesn't include independent oversight of itself and its processes, then how good is it?

    In this case, at least one accusation was made that struck most people as credible. But instead of conducting a thorough investigation into it, the process instead put up a show trial of sorts and a show investigation of sorts, and in the end almost everyone voted on party lines.
    I liked how they hired an investigator to question Ford, but then dumped her as soon as Kavanaugh was questioned in favor of GoP chairmen taking turns telling Brett how unfairly he's being treated. Then an FBI investigation that took less than a week, didn't question the accuser, didn't question the accused, or any witnesses who were willing to step forward, produced a 1000 page report that was only printed once and was on display for a period of 24 hours which each senator could only view for less than 15 minutes each - in other words nobody was physically able to read it. Good governance or orwellian nightmare? Who's to tell!
    Last edited by oskar; 10-10-2018 at 04:05 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  61. #1786
    The only purpose of that FBI investigation was so Rs could say "there was an FBI investigation."
  62. #1787
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    LOL joe Manchin

    The best republican there is IMO
    I had to google him. He's registered as Dem, but votes Rep 61% of the time.
    I'm fine with that, actually. The party lines are stupid.
  63. #1788
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I had to google him. He's registered as Dem, but votes Rep 61% of the time.
    I'm fine with that, actually. The party lines are stupid.
    This is probably true even when one of the parties offers only harm.
  64. #1789
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    This is probably true even when one of the parties offers only harm.
    Fucking greens.
    Opportunities knock
    was really just the pizza man
  65. #1790
    Who even votes for broccoli?
  66. #1791
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I had to google him. He's registered as Dem, but votes Rep 61% of the time.
    I'm fine with that, actually. The party lines are stupid.
    Which makes him >50% more Republican than he is Democrat

    He was the tiebreaker in both Gorsuch (along with Heitkamp and Donnely, two more gifts to the Republican Party) and Kavanaugh. All others voted along party lines.

    Remember milk toast Merrick Garland? That moderate judge Obama wanted to appoint? Which Democrat was against him?

    I don't get why he doesn't just drop the charade and switch to GOP.
    Last edited by Jack Sawyer; 10-11-2018 at 03:57 AM.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  67. #1792
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I had to google him. He's registered as Dem, but votes Rep 61% of the time.
    I'm fine with that, actually. The party lines are stupid.
    I would like you to find and show me a Republican Senator that votes Democrat >25% of the time. Fuck it, make it >20%.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  68. #1793
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Why? I said I don't care, why would I even dig into this issue?

    Political labels are stupid and anyone claiming to tow a single party's line without nuance is full of shit and trying to sell you something.
    Don't buy that shit.

    Politicians should be voting with total disregard to party lines every time they cast a ballot, IMO. If they happen to fall on one side or the other more often than not, then whoopty do.
    People are fucking lazy and want to pigeon-hole what they stand for into a nice, tidy box with a single word to label it, but the reality is that literally everyone who's ever lived is more complicated than that.

    Holding people up to a standard that is itself a lie is not helping create an environment for strong leaders to make difficult, sometimes unpopular decisions.
  69. #1794
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post

    Politicians should be voting with total disregard to party lines every time they cast a ballot, IMO. If they happen to fall on one side or the other more often than not, then whoopty do.
    They have politicians who do that; they're called independents.

    I have no problem with someone crossing party lines on occassion or when the issue is contentious. But when you take money and support from one party, and represent yourself as belonging to that party, that's generally the party whose ideals you should support with your votes.
  70. #1795
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,883
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    The thing is that the Reps have party loyalty as such a ridiculous us-vs.-them standard that a Rep voting Dem 39% of the time would receive widespread condemnation and attacks from the entire Rep party, whereas a Dem voting Rep 61% isn't causing that kind of blowback.
  71. #1796
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    It's kinda funny that we see people slapping down a member of the "Democrat" party for exercising his right to democracy.

    The world would be a much better place if politicans all acted and voted based on the conscience, rather than for other reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  72. #1797
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It's kinda funny that we see people slapping down a member of the "Democrat" party for exercising his right to democracy.

    The world would be a much better place if politicans all acted and voted based on the conscience, rather than for other reasons.
    They're supposed to vote based on what the people elected them to vote for. And if you elect a person from one party, it's not outrageous to expect them to vote on that party's principles. If some R voted D alot, like MMM said, Fox News would lose their shit.

    That said, this is W. Virginia, so to them a Dem voting R is probably the only way that guy gets elected. Until the coal runs out that is.
  73. #1798
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    They're supposed to vote based on what the people elected them to vote for.
    Not at all. I would be more likely to vote for someone who votes based on his conscience than someone who is simply pandering to popular opinion. They were entrusted by the voter to do a job... that job involves voting, and there is no law in place that says they must vote along party lines. So any expectation on the part of the public for them to vote in a certain way is naive. Maybe do your research into who you're voting for. And I might note, they guy we're talking about is a Dem who bucked the trend of Virginia to turn red. So the voting public appear to have put him in precisely because of his bipartisan tendancies.

    That said, this is W. Virginia, so to them a Dem voting R is probably the only way that guy gets elected. Until the coal runs out that is.
    So is it better for the Dems to have a bipartisan Dem in office, or a party-loyal Republican?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  74. #1799
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,305
    Location
    England
    If some R voted D alot, like MMM said, Fox News would lose their shit.
    Who cares what Fox News would do? I certainly don't. If a Republican voted with the Dems on an issue, I'd applaud him, assuming it was his concsience voting and not his bank account.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  75. #1800
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,411
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Who cares what Fox News would do? I certainly don't. If a Republican voted with the Dems on an issue, I'd applaud him, assuming it was his concsience voting and not his bank account.

    You will save up your applause for like forever. Hopefully you go to some cirque du soleil act or something to start using some of those saved up applauses.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •