Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,256,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Solispoonism

Results 1 to 48 of 48
  1. #1

    Default Solispoonism

    I have the sneaking suspicion that most, if not all, of the accounts on this forum are actually spoonitnow. Do I win something for figuring it out?

    If you insist on keeping up the charade, convince me I'm wrong.

  2. #2
    You only think that because deep down you're a woman.
  3. #3
    Wuf is 100% bananastand. Just so happens that when one stops posting regularly the other one starts.

    But ye spoon will have at least six accounts but none of them are active anymore as he's dead.
  4. #4
    There's only one Bananastand
  5. #5
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    There's only one Bananastand
    http://bananastand.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  6. #6
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    There's only one OngBonga.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  7. #7
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,004
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Spoon couldn't say half the things I say without constantly puking on his keyboard.

    More likely that married life has inspired him to reconsider his priorities and shit-posting on FTR may have taken a back seat to more adult activities with higher long-term ROI.
  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    There's only one Bananastand
    sshhhhh
  9. #9
    I really don't know how I became embroiled in this saga, because I truly don't know who 'spoon' is.
  10. #10
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,841
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    I really don't know how I became embroiled in this saga, because I truly don't know who 'spoon' is.
    Exactly what spoon would say
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  11. #11
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Exactly what spoon would say
    Only if he's deliberately using improper grammar to throw us off the scent. And by "us", I mean exclusively me, because I'm the only one who'll even notice.

    Spoon wouldn't improperly use apostrophes where quotation marks are correct.

    Sorry to ruin everyone's fun, but either banana isn't spoon, or spoon is an even better troll than I ever gave him credit for. And I already rate him highly in that regard. I just don't think he can bring himself to use improper grammar, he's too much of a perfectionist when it comes to language. Writing is that dude's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Only if he's deliberately using improper grammar to throw us off the scent. And by "us", I mean exclusively me, because I'm the only one who'll even notice.

    Spoon wouldn't improperly use apostrophes where quotation marks are correct.

    Sorry to ruin everyone's fun, but either banana isn't spoon, or spoon is an even better troll than I ever gave him credit for. And I already rate him highly in that regard. I just don't think he can bring himself to use improper grammar, he's too much of a perfectionist when it comes to language. Writing is that dude's life.
    But you're him too.

    BS is wuf though, hence wuf having a little interaction with him (for the first time) in this thread. That and me reminding him will result in him posting more on BS.
  13. #13
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    I could check their IPs to see if they match, but I don't want to ruin the mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  14. #14
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,004
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Mr. Stand is def. not spoon. Exactly 0% chance.
    Mr. Stand avoids me. Spoon thinks far too little of me to end it like that. He's certainly not changing his behavior over what some inconsequential internet 'tard monkey thinks of him. He's certainly going to let the cuck-monkey hear all about how cucked he is, too.

    Same 0% for Ong and wuf, but for totally different reasons.
    I know their styles of posting after years of conversations, and if they are now alt-accounts by spoon, then they always have been.
  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Mr. Stand avoids me..
    Whaaaaaaaat?
  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat?
    ^Note spelling.....definitely not spoon
  17. #17
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    ^Note spelling.....definitely not spoon
    ^ expert trolling. Using five dots instead of three, and no space... really mixing it up here spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  18. #18
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,004
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat?
    Geez, I hope I'm not confusing you for someone else, because if so, it's a huge mix-up in my head.

    I've put out some pretty harsh criticism of your posts, a while back, and I don't recall a diatribe telling me how cucked I am, so there's that.
  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    But you're him too.

    BS is wuf though, hence wuf having a little interaction with him (for the first time) in this thread. That and me reminding him will result in him posting more on BS.
    Your suspicion is 100% correct. There is no way I could have possibly fooled you. You are too smart for that.

    I constructed the BananaStand alt to provide contrast to the wufwugy argumentation style. Where wufwugy makes rock-solid, apropos logical arguments that change based on new information, BananaStand argues for the sake of arguing like any good New Englander/New Yorker/Jerseyite/wherever he's from.
  20. #20
    JKDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,799
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    How have you guys now figured out who bananastand is by now?
  21. #21
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDS View Post
    How have you guys now figured out who bananastand is by now?
    Because I tend to use visual clues, such as facial features, height, weight, hair colour etc, to recognise people, something I'm sadly lacking on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  22. #22
    surviva316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,748
    Location
    Tough when Wet
    There's only one Bananastand


    Funny that you say that, because I just happened to come across this accusation when I was perusing the forum that shall not be named.
  23. #23
    Wow, I'm famous

    But no, that guy there is not me. That forum banned my IP address because I'm too awesome at live poker. I had to use my cell phone to check that link
  24. #24
    as for CLP, I caught Bart dropping some total nonsense about a hand. I told him why he sucks and that if he is gonna charge money, then he should be doing more than just teaching people to be TAG grinders in LA. Then he made a podcast about the hand so he could rant about how right he was, except in the podcast he used a completely different set of facts, circumstances, cards, and bet sizes to describe the hand.

    I called him out for the discrepancies, and he banned me.
  25. #25
    surviva316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,748
    Location
    Tough when Wet
    Originally Posted by BananaStand
    I told Bart why he sucks and that if he is gonna charge money, then he should be doing more than just teaching people to be TAG grinders in LA.




    WTF, I love BananaStand now?

    What is CLP anyway?
  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    What is CLP anyway?
    CrushLivePoker

    It's a poker strategy/training/discussion site. It's run by a dude named Bart Hanson who plays 5/10 games in LA and got to be a D-list poker celebrity doing commentary on a webcast of bottom-stakes games called "Live at the Bike".

    He runs a forum where he tries to get people to discuss hands, but runs it like he's the professor and he has the answer key. Also, the answer key only has two words on it. "bet-fold"
  27. #27
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Also, the answer key only has two words on it. "bet-fold"
    He missed a word.

    Bet-fucking-fold.

    It's actually pretty solid advice. In most cases, b/f > c/c.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Bet-fucking-fold.

    It's actually pretty solid advice.
    Sure, it's the bread and butter play of a good TAG player. And good TAG players make money, especially in live games where everyone else plays fit-or-fold. All I'm saying is that if you're gonna charge people money on a monthly basis for poker training, then maybe you should have more than one lesson.
  29. #29
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Sure, it's the bread and butter play of a good TAG player. And good TAG players make money, especially in live games where everyone else plays fit-or-fold. All I'm saying is that if you're gonna charge people money on a monthly basis for poker training, then maybe you should have more than one lesson.
    Yeah no arguments against this. I wouldn't get pissed off with being told repeatedly on a forum by a random that I should b/f more, but if I were being told this by my coach, month by month, with no evolution... yeah wtf is this. It's not the only answer. There will definitely come a point where I'd want to know when it's better to c/c. If he says "never" then he's talking out of his arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3
    I had tons of accounts back in the day. Oh to be young again.

    PS. hey boost! Long time.
  31. #31
    surviva316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,748
    Location
    Tough when Wet
    Oh shit, it's that mythical poster I'd heard so much about but didn't exist by the time I got an account.

    I feel like I'm part of something special here.
  32. #32
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Was dwarfman the dude who had like 15 accounts that kept getting banned?

    I've heard he's an artificial intelligence experiment gone renegade. Even the US govt can't tack his IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  33. #33
    No, I don't think so, but maybe. However, he was the 15 year old brit that was martingaling sit'n'go's on Party Poker.

    Sup, dwarf? What are you, like 21 now?
  34. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    No, I don't think so, but maybe. However, he was the 15 year old brit that was martingaling sit'n'go's on Party Poker.

    Sup, dwarf? What are you, like 21 now?
    Approaching 30 would you believe. And still struggling to do much more than beat the rake in cash games, of course.
  35. #35
    jyms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    10,891
    Fuck that piece of shit dwarf. Don't think because I don't post I'm not around. I still wield a banhammer with extreme prejudice
    Last edited by jyms; 11-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.
  36. #36
    jyms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    10,891
    That was probably my first post in two or three years after vowing never to post again and it was worth it.
  37. #37
    Why did you vow never to post again?

    PS I didn't miss you
  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Fuck that piece of shit dwarf. Don't think because I don't post I'm not around. I still wield a banhammer with extreme prejudice
    Fair enough jyms - disappointing that you still hold such resentment after almost 10 years, but it is what it is - I was a nightmare teenager!

    Sad to see this place die such a death in recent years. Obviously the UIGEA didn't help but I sometimes do wonder if such a brazen approach to moderating also contributed.

    I was reading through the IRC post from back in '05 a while back - great times.
  39. #39
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Haha I have absolutely no idea but I'll high five jyms for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  40. #40
    surviva316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,748
    Location
    Tough when Wet
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfman
    I sometimes do wonder if such a brazen approach to moderating also contributed.


    No, it was Black Friday. Even the forum that shall not be named had to shutter and merge half their subs. 6 years later, there are still subs being culled: I noticed HSNL isn't in the sidebar anymore and HUNL is a ghost town.
  41. #41
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,841
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    I remember dwarfman getting dwarfmanned. As with eupho and iopq
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    No, it was Black Friday. Even the forum that shall not be named had to shutter and merge half their subs. 6 years later, there are still subs being culled: I noticed HSNL isn't in the sidebar anymore and HUNL is a ghost town.[/FONT]
    Fair comment. Amazing the level to which this particular community has died though - online poker still thrives outside the US so you'd expect plenty of communities to still thrive too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    I remember dwarfman getting dwarfmanned. As with eupho and iopq
    Sorry if being tardy but I don't know what this means?
  43. #43
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,841
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    You got dwarfmanned again right here https://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerf...90#post2280790
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfman2 View Post
    online poker still thrives outside the US
    Does it?
  45. #45
    surviva316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,748
    Location
    Tough when Wet
    I remember iopq being banned like it was yesterday. I was a BC fish, so he was like my hero.

    I assume eupho isn't euphoria? Wasn't he a LHE pro for like years after everybody had moved to big bet games? I still saw him in IRC long after he stopped being active on the forums.

    I also remember daven being banned just for calling out a mod for being a predatory coach. That one was the real bullshit. That was post-BF too, and he was a really active member, so yeah, that was a bad move.

    Honestly, even dating back to the iopq banning, the mid-stakes+ forums were always on a razor's edge. People scapegoated iopq probably because there weren't enough good players to drown out the noise. Then you ban the noise and there isn't enough activity, full stop. People like muzzard said they'd come back if iopq were banned, but they stayed gone. Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

    And modding's never perfect. Spladle got banned from the forum that shall not be named over a minor infraction when a mod went on a power trip, and he was finally like, "Fuck this shit, it's terrible strat-strat for me to post here anyway, peace out." And while HUNL probably would have died regardless, that definitely expedited its death.

    Forums are probably like a sports team: if someone nobody is acting up, sure make an example out of them, but it's worth it to put up with a little bit of bullshit if the player's good enough.
    Last edited by surviva316; 11-16-2017 at 02:30 PM.
  46. #46
    lol i was just thinking about iopq the other day. his "stimpack marines running at niggerspeed" was maybe the funniest event on the forum.
  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    Does it?
    A matter of opinion I guess, but I would strongly argue yes. I think the boom in the 2000s was almost a freak event for online poker, never to be repeated. Since UIGEA numbers have of course dropped off, but certainly not fallen off a cliff. Stars still getting up to 200k active on weekends.

    I also find the “games aren’t beatable anymore” argument unfounded. Again - the boom was a unique event... 3-4 fish on every table up to 200NL just isn’t a normal thing. Games are tougher, but still extremely beatable and always will be.
  48. #48
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,010
    Location
    England
    Sure there's a fuck ton of people outside of USA playing poker, I bet they wish they could speak English so they could come to forums like this where they could discuss hands and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •