Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,282,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 374 of 383 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376 ... LastLast
Results 27,976 to 28,050 of 28670
  1. #27976
    Some classic Frankie destroying the audience.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #27977
    Just bought myself a milbro explorer air rifle, pretty much the most powerful weapon I can legally own. Just fired its first shots, I'm not a bad shot for a total amateur. I'll get a photo of it later for you yanks to laugh at.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  3. #27978
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Just bought myself a milbro explorer air rifle, pretty much the most powerful weapon I can legally own. Just fired its first shots, I'm not a bad shot for a total amateur. I'll get a photo of it later for you yanks to laugh at.
    Nice-- is it an air rifle or spring rifle? I could only find spring explorers. I had a nice spring rifle some time back, they're tons of fun for target practice and you legit can hunt small game with a .22 spring rifle.
  4. #27979
    It's a spring powered air rifle. It's definitely sufficient for basic hunting, I'd take out a pheasant with it so long as the bastard stays still.

    Can't find my camera, but it's one of these...

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  5. #27980
    gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,806
    Location
    trying to live
    one of the most legendary threads on the internet but has it passed randomness thread part 1 yet? lukie holla
  6. #27981
    Lol at this guy, and this subreddit in general.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssho...e_inheritance/
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  7. #27982
    Would I be an asshole if I took legal action against my grieving wife in a futile attempt to take control of her inheritance?

    Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  8. #27983
    The best part of it, if true, is that he's going to end up paying a lawyer to tell him his wife doesn't have to share the money with him if she doesn't want to.

    This is how murder plots get started.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  9. #27984
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    one of the most legendary threads on the internet but has it passed randomness thread part 1 yet? lukie holla

    Legendary cameo.

    Sup Gabe?
  10. #27985
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Lol at this guy, and this subreddit in general.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssho...e_inheritance/

    wow, this sub is wild. I could waste way too much time here.
  11. #27986
    About every third title is extremely enticing I must admit.

    (AITA = Am I the asshole...)

    AITA for working from my car in a parking lot because my wife is having my MIL stay with us

    AITA for telling my MIL that she should be happy when her daughter dies?

    AITA for refusing to forgive my sperm donor?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  12. #27987
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,984
    Location
    Finding my game
    Why do many people think it's more human to act like an animal? Like, you should choose your companion with your heart, not your head. Which select their mates by logic, animals or humans (yes I know, humans are animals). It's "human" to act on your instincts. It's better to "go with your gut". Silly humans.
  13. #27988
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    The notion that you should chose your mate based on love is less than 100 years old.
    It's largely a Hollywood construct, but it's not fair to put all the blame on Hollywood. Marriage is big industry, and appealing to people's emotions is effective advertising.

    Throughout most of history, the notion that you would find love for your mate was kinda a nice perk when it happened, but not the point of the arrangement at all.

    Another recent development is the notion that love "lasts forever."

    Again, throughout most of history love was seen as just another fleeting emotion, and certainly nothing to make life-changing permanent decisions around.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  14. #27989
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Romeo and Juliet was a cautionary tale, after all.
    Two "star-crossed" lovers. I.e. 2 people who went against the natural order of things - they went against their stars - against their fate.

    The 2 end up dead.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  15. #27990
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,984
    Location
    Finding my game
    I agree completely. So wtf happened, I'm sort of thinking this is some humanism/individualism gone awry. Humanism is all about everyone's feelings counting.
  16. #27991
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    A lot of things came together. Many different industries stand to gain from the current state of marriage, and those industries cultivated the image to be what it is today.

    Adam Ruins Everything - Marriage
    I just grabbed a YouTube clip, but for the style of the show, it actually supplies references for a lot of the info it throws out.





    Actually, that cuts off before he gets to the history of love, but I'm sure you can find other videos if this one strikes your fancy.
    Last edited by MadMojoMonkey; 05-08-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  17. #27992
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,984
    Location
    Finding my game
    I don't disagree, but I think we're getting sidetracked. Yes I put choosing your companion out as the first example, but that was just what first popped in my mind. Similar thinking is applied everywhere. In stories throughout time love (a feeling) conquers all. What makes us human is our feelings, not that we can think critically and analyze. Robots and computers are "inhuman", because they lack the lizard brain. Makes no sense to me. Why don't we celebrate the things that actually set us apart from other animals, and use those as metrics to strive for.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  18. #27993
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    In stories throughout time love (a feeling) conquers all.
    @underline: Is that really true, though? Show me.
    The story needs to be over 100 years old.

    It's not like I've read every book, and not much from over 100 years ago, so I'm not firmly saying I'm right on this. I just heard some "facts" and I've heard them more than once. Sometimes that doesn't mean anything, because a bogus source was widely disseminated.

    So, yeah... a lot of our current-day notions about love and "what's always been" is really just a bunch of stuff that didn't exist in our culture before 60 years ago. The rise of industrialization then communication has changed everything about our daily lives.


    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    What makes us human is our feelings, not that we can think critically and analyze.
    Nah, it's both and so much more. Everything we are is relevant.

    You can't pick and choose which aspects of you are more you than others. Not sensibly, anyway, IMO.


    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    Why don't we celebrate the things that actually set us apart from other animals, and use those as metrics to strive for.
    Because it's sometimes just veiled bigotry to say that the human attributes that you like are the good ones and people that express other attributes are the "unevolved" people.

    ... and because I think we're definitely doing what you suggest. We have entire institutions dedicated to enabling and celebrating human achievement. They exist in every human society I know of. They're called schools, businesses, governments, etc. All of them just one form of expressing human greatness.

    There no winner in a contest between art, science, and religion over what is more human. They're all strikingly human.

    Or am I completely missing your point?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  19. #27994
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,984
    Location
    Finding my game
    I've just run into people who think like that way too often, and those sentiments aren't hard to find in popular culture. Maybe it's a recent thing, which could actually then coincide with the modern humanism movement. Just annoys me to no end since it makes no sense. Intuition, emotions and feelings are romanticized and considered what makes us human, just watch any sci-fi with androids or whatever. Yet those are the exact things we share with other animals.

    Of course it's not what all people think all the time, but no one should think that at any time. I might have also been a bit drunk when I posted that last night.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  20. #27995
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    "We all know that art is not the truth, it's a lie that reveals truth."
    -Pablo Picasso, among others

    Try not to get too hung up on the morals expressed in a fiction story. They represent a bias in the author / director / whatever more than anything. To the extent that bias makes other people feel good about themselves, it's popular.

    It's just that popular is not a synonym for correct or moral.


    We're all people, though. Whether some of us glorify trusting our gut, and others of us glorify intellectual decision-making isn't any more or less human.

    The notion that humans and animals are on opposite ends of some moral spectrum is odd to me.

    I don't follow the criticism that it's a negative for humans to expresses life-enabling attributes which are also expressed elsewhere in the universe.
    It's cool that we stand out from other species on this planet as much as we do, but it's not like the fact that we stand out makes us better or worse than those other species.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  21. #27996
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    So bye bye Singapore and Shanghai
    Tried to get there, but they severed international ties.
    The Covid came. We kissed all travel goodbye.
    Hoping this wont be the way that we die.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  22. #27997
    People here have lost their fuckng minds.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  23. #27998
    Seriously lost their minds.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  24. #27999
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    That conga line with sound is one of the most anxiety inducing things i've seen in a while: https://twitter.com/MerseyHack/statu...58842680254465

    If I lived on that street I'd start packing up that instance... and not because of the virus. Covid19 is the only silver lining there.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  25. #28000
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz


    Finally some good news!
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  26. #28001
    It must be nice to be that oblivious to reality (until you catch a deadly virus, that is).
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  27. #28002
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    That conga line with sound is one of the most anxiety inducing things i've seen in a while: https://twitter.com/MerseyHack/statu...58842680254465

    If I lived on that street I'd start packing up that instance... and not because of the virus. Covid19 is the only silver lining there.
    It's funny, I watched it and thought it looked like Birkenhead, which is easily the most depressing place in the UK I've been to. Turns out it's the other side of the river in Warrington. Never been there and hope never to.

    I'd move out because it's Merseyside.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  28. #28003
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    The further out into space we look, the further into the past we see.

    But the universe is expanding, and has been for billions of years.

    So what we see when we look further and further away is the inside surface of ever decreasingly sized spheres.

    The further away we look, the smaller the universe we see.


    Just madness.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  29. #28004
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,984
    Location
    Finding my game


    Anyone see trends?
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  30. #28005
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Location
    soaking up ethanol, moving on up
    i remembered my login
    living the dream
    assuming some really weird substance ingestion before bed

    also, check out my bee truck ha
    Wintering_down_taranaki_hives_may_2020.jpg
    Last edited by daven; 05-15-2020 at 05:22 AM. Reason: add a picture
  31. #28006
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    I'm surprised the FBI went after this guy. It's kind of an open secret, and by that I mean no secret at all that senators and congressmen have an inexplicable, and by inexplicable I mean explicable - affinity for IPO shares which fate they have the power to vote on.
    Nancy Pelosi be like "The...ya... I don't know what your point is!"

    Last edited by oskar; 05-15-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  32. #28007
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    i remembered my login
    living the dream
    assuming some really weird substance ingestion before bed

    also, check out my bee truck ha
    Wintering_down_taranaki_hives_may_2020.jpg
    Neat mountain!
    How many times have you gotten stung this season?

    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  33. #28008
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    also, check out my bee truck ha
    Wintering_down_taranaki_hives_may_2020.jpg
    Dude! Long time, no post. How you doing these days?

    How many hives do you keep?
    Any trouble with murder hornets?

    That's a beautiful photo. What mountain is that?


    We're vainly trying to pull together a corona WW game. You down?
    (I promise I'll only call you dozer once or twice, for old times' sake.)
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  34. #28009
    Daven! Nice to know covid hasn't got you yet.

    Ima try and guess the mountain, don't tell mojo yet. Fun little game for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  35. #28010
    Mount Hood, Oregon.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  36. #28011
    Ok I'm bored. If it's not Mount Hood, I give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  37. #28012
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,984
    Location
    Finding my game
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  38. #28013
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    "If, in some cataclysm, all of scientific knowledge were to be destroyed, and only one sentence passed on to the next generation of creatures, what statement would contain the most information in the fewest words?"

    It is only through diligently trying to disprove an idea, and failing to do so, that we can have any hope the idea is correct.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  39. #28014
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,697
    Location
    soaking up ethanol, moving on up
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Neat mountain!
    How many times have you gotten stung this season?

    seems like I've been stung a lot less frequently this season. I've managed to avoid having to do much beekeeping on cold and rainy days, that's normally when things get a little hectic. A few hundred times maybe?

    edit: I've got a dozen hives if i include a couple that i do my civic volunteer duty looking after on behalf of a community project, scattered around a few sites. This pic is in Taranaki, New Zealand - the mountain is Mt. Taranaki - looks a bit like Fuji from a few angles, which resulted in nz being the filming location for The Last Samurai years back.

    Japanese hornets haven't made it to NZ, i took a few pics of them while travelling in Japan a couple of years ago, showed them to some nz beekeepers asking if i should be worried about these "strange bees" i found, calmed them down with the truth after their initial panic...

    sent a pm re werewolf. Although corona hasn't got me, it has resulted in me working from home - and likely to continue doing so through until mid-June = a weird kind of more spare time. Like everywhere, NZ's response to the virus has been controversial. About 5% of the population have now been tested at least once, it's thought that all cases are now known, and that there isn't community transmission happening. We basically went into lockdown the day that case numbers jumped from 150 -> 200, pretty early on.
    Last edited by daven; 05-15-2020 at 04:42 PM.
  40. #28015
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    ... a small price to pay for that sweet sweet honey.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  41. #28016
    Oh yeah daven is NZ. Ok so Mount Hood was wrong.

    Back on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  42. #28017
    Mount Taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  43. #28018
    I'm so full of shit. I saw it in his post. I can't lie to you guys, not unless we're playing ww.

    Or if I'm trolling poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  44. #28019
    "If, in some cataclysm, all of scientific knowledge were to be destroyed, and only one sentence passed on to the next generation of creatures, what statement would contain the most information in the fewest words?"
    The speed of light is constant for all observers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  45. #28020
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,984
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    "If, in some cataclysm, all of scientific knowledge were to be destroyed, and only one sentence passed on to the next generation of creatures, what statement would contain the most information in the fewest words?"

    It is only through diligently trying to disprove an idea, and failing to do so, that we can have any hope the idea is correct.
    I don't dislike the answer, obviously a key part of all knowledge and understanding. I really like the question, a nice way to distill the key parts of them. Personally I like Feynman's original one maybe best, but things alluding to evolution or electromagnetism or quantum theory seem interesting too, depending on what you expect from the readers.
  46. #28021
    We have a "cute animals and fluffy things" thread in the moderators section that you riff raff don't have access to. Hope you're jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  47. #28022
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  48. #28023
    I love that scene in Fight Club where Leonardo Di Caprio Gets beaten to a pulp.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  49. #28024
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I love that scene in Fight Club where Leonardo Di Caprio Gets beaten to a pulp.
    Haha. Yeah... then he's all "Adddrrrriiiiaaaaannnn!!!!"
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  50. #28025
    lol this guy is great.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  51. #28026
    He's a less likable and somewhat stupider version of Steve Irwin. Entertaining though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  52. #28027
    You'd think a mole would only take one shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  53. #28028
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Lol. Have you gone so feral that you're shooting moles, now?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  54. #28029
    They're a pest, they dig up the lawn and kill the grass. But it didn't feel good. I think if it was a rat I'd have been pleased with myself, but moles are cute and if it wasn't for the fact they destroy the lawn they'd be ok. The rabbits are safe, we have bunnies munching on the grass right now. We had a mink, too, but I think it might have seen us shooting at targets and we haven't seen it since. It might be a bit smarter than the mole.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  55. #28030
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    lol
    You brits and your guns.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  56. #28031
    My favourite part of these videos is when he's rolling around on the ground screaming and the guy asks him "what are you feeling now?"

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  57. #28032
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The speed of light is constant for all observers.
    Less catchy but I'd go with E=mc2 or energy = mass x (light speed)squared
  58. #28033
    I thought about E-mc2, but what do you do with that if you're Aristotle?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  59. #28034
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    If you're going to go with Einstein, then probably don't use an approximation like E = mc2

    E^2 = (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2

    It's only when p = 0 that E = mc^2

    That is, when the momentum is 0, i.e. the object is at rest.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  60. #28035
    Well I did not know that!
  61. #28036
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,131
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    It's kinda like the Pythagorean theorem in the way it looks.

    Here's a 2 minute video with nice graphics to link those 2 concepts.

    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  62. #28037
    If blackface is racist, does that mean cross dressing is sexist?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  63. #28038
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  64. #28039
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  65. #28040
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Haven't I always said: if you want change, you have to set shit on fire? Haven't I always said that? I believe I've always said that.






    https://twitter.com/farhad_fza/statu...435179525?s=20

    https://twitter.com/MarvinBaron6/sta...925782016?s=20

    https://twitter.com/theelovelylaya/s...825818112?s=20

    https://twitter.com/Kayleichappel/st...609356805?s=20

    (sorry, MMM)
    Last edited by oskar; 05-28-2020 at 04:14 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  66. #28041
    You know what cops fear more than riots? Prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  67. #28042
    ^ holy shit

    edit: i mean that for Oscar's post. Those people are seriously pissed.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  68. #28043
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  69. #28044
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You know what cops fear more than riots? Prison.
    The most striking image for me are the dozens of cops surrounding the house of the murderer protecting him from protestors... instead of you know, arresting the murderer. That these cops even show up for that speaks volumes about their mentality. That would be the day to call in sick if you're not a completely corrupted piece of shit.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  70. #28045
    If he's not under arrest, then of course he needs protecting. If the baying mob get hold of him, this will escalate rapidly. But yeah, he should be under arrest. I've got no problem with him being held in a cell in a station, while being given better treatment by his colleagues than they might perhaps show me, I kinda get that, but they should protect him by putting him in a cell until he's tried.

    With that said, and while the reaction is understandable, it's also not something any reasonable person should condone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  71. #28046
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    With that said, and while the reaction is understandable, it's also not something any reasonable person should condone.
    I disagree. I think the BLM protests from 2014 onwards were peaceful to a fault. They accomplished nothing. There is a price associated with not acting, and it is much greater than the cost of acting. As just about every extrajudicial killing of a black or poor person since 2014 has shown, police get away with it. Eric Garners killers are free. The cops that beat beat Kelly Thomas to death got acquitted and them smashing that guys head in until it looked like a watermelon until he died in the street was ruled "appropriate force" by a jury. The ex cop that killed Ahmaud Arbery wasn't even prosecuted until months later when the footage of the execution was released to the media...

    I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened sooner. I think it is necessary, and the sooner the better because the US is absolutely heading for a civil war and protests like this are not a catalyst, they're an off-ramp. There is a chance for police reform now. Without this level of outrage nothing will happen, and we know that because nothing has happened.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  72. #28047
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I've got no problem with him being held in a cell in a station.
    The station's on fire...
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  73. #28048
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,363
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    good point
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  74. #28049
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    The station's on fire...
    They only have one station in the entire state? Ask another state then.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  75. #28050
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    I disagree. I think the BLM protests from 2014 onwards were peaceful to a fault. They accomplished nothing. There is a price associated with not acting, and it is much greater than the cost of acting. As just about every extrajudicial killing of a black or poor person since 2014 has shown, police get away with it. Eric Garners killers are free. The cops that beat beat Kelly Thomas to death got acquitted and them smashing that guys head in until it looked like a watermelon until he died in the street was ruled "appropriate force" by a jury. The ex cop that killed Ahmaud Arbery wasn't even prosecuted until months later when the footage of the execution was released to the media...

    I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened sooner. I think it is necessary, and the sooner the better because the US is absolutely heading for a civil war and protests like this are not a catalyst, they're an off-ramp. There is a chance for police reform now. Without this level of outrage nothing will happen, and we know that because nothing has happened.
    I agree that civil war is looming in USA, but I think this could be the catalyst. The problem with direct action is that the police can respond with justifiable brutality. It can only escalate the situation. But you're right, doing nothing doesn't solve the problem either.

    I'd be more on their side if they were just setting fire to cop shops and not Wendy's and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •