Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,283,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 385 of 385 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385
Results 28,801 to 28,851 of 28851
  1. #28801
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Because bullying only happens in Little England.
    Not at all. We bulllied kids in school too. Difference is we grew up and realise why racism is bad now.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #28802
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Not at all. We bulllied kids in school too. Difference is we grew up and realise why racism is bad now.
    Yeah, because in your mind I'm still playing cricket with this guy, calling him "Germ".

    Fuck me, this was 25 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  3. #28803
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    lol what? How is me slagging off Little Britain being "defensive"? And I think you're taking me a bit seriously when we talk about weather and cuisine.
    Oh I don't doubt you weren't being completely serious, but there's a difference between going along with the joke and playfully objecting. One probably has a higher correlation with people being 100% comfortable with the subject than the other.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  4. #28804
    Do you think I'm patriotic?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  5. #28805
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Yeah, because in your mind I'm still playing cricket with this guy, calling him "Germ".

    Fuck me, this was 25 years ago.
    yeah, subtleties again.

    I'm saying it was bad and shouldn't happen, you're saying it was ok because you haven't bullied any German kids lately.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  6. #28806
    I'm not saying it was ok, but it's perfectly normal behaviour for 14-y/o kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  7. #28807
    I got bullied at some schools I went to, it happens. If I went to school in Germany, I reckon I'd have got picked on for being English.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  8. #28808
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    Location
    Finding my game
    I hadn't pegged you as one, but I suspect there's a non-zero chance. It seems like in the US the lower income families are the most patriotic, especially whites.

    https://www.livescience.com/12791-ha...atriotism.html
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  9. #28809
    There's a difference between a kid coming home from school and saying "We made fun of some foreign kid today" where one parent says "that's ok, we were dicks at school too," and the other parent saying "shape up."
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  10. #28810
    Other than when it comes to sport, I'm not patriotic at all. And so why do you think I'd get offended by people slagging off the UK? I'd only respond in what you might call a "defensive" tone if I felt it was unjustified.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  11. #28811
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    There's a difference between a kid coming home from school and saying "We made fun of some foreign kid today" where one parent says "that's ok, we were dicks at school too," and the other parent saying "shape up."
    I mean you're trying so hard to take moral high ground over me bullying a German kid 25+ years ago, I have to wonder what your motivation is here. You're doing what the twats on Twitter do, again.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  12. #28812
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I mean you're trying so hard to take moral high ground over me bullying a German kid 25+ years ago, I have to wonder what your motivation is here. You're doing what the twats on Twitter do, again.
    What I'm saying is (agreeing with you btw) kids can't be held to the same moral standards as adults. But, when adults keep the standards they had as kids, might be time for a re-think.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  13. #28813
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    What I'm saying is (agreeing with you btw) kids can't be held to the same moral standards as adults. But, when adults keep the standards they had as kids, might be time for a re-think.
    Well ok. Except, I don't have the same moral standards. So you just wasted half an hour of energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  14. #28814
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    Location
    Finding my game
    You defended or protested mentions of UK infrastructure, weather, food, imperial past and comedy shows making fun of it in the span of 2 hours. 5/5. Seems like a pattern. Appreciating something doesn't always manifest in public proclamations.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  15. #28815
    Not sure id cocco genuinely doesn't know the difference between "defended" and "mocked". I said Little Britain was shit. And I didn't actually defend UK infrastructure, I dodged that because I know it's shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  16. #28816
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Well ok. Except, I don't have the same moral standards. So you just wasted half an hour of energy.
    Your time must be moving much slower than mine, as it took me all of 30sec to come up with that retort.

    But if anyone is wasting seconds, it's you by coming up with specious responses. So let me further clarify my meaning:

    If you (14) act like a bigot, that's different from you (40+) thinking that you or anyone else at 14 being a dick is ok.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  17. #28817
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Not sure id cocco genuinely doesn't know the difference between "defended" and "mocked". I said Little Britain was shit. And I didn't actually defend UK infrastructure, I dodged that because I know it's shit.
    Yeah coco, the important thing here is he only defended 4/5 of those things, so 5/5 is clearly an outrageous claim on your part.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  18. #28818
    Your time must be moving much slower than mine, as it took me all of 30sec to come up with that retort.

    You've been on at me over this German lad for half an hour. I never once said that behaviour was ok, this is something you've imagined and you ran with it, still going strong. I mentioned it as a comparison to how Asian kids were treated at school, pointing out that actually we didn't care about skin colour, even as 14 year old twats.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  19. #28819
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Yeah coco, the important thing here is he only defended 4/5 of those things, so 5/5 is clearly an outrageous claim on your part.
    3/5

    I never mentioned infrastructure, not in this convo. I last used that word when talking about schools and hospitals in the context of immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  20. #28820
    You guys have quite a vivid imagination, credit where it's due.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  21. #28821
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You're doing what the twats on Twitter do, again.
    I'm questioning whether you are willing to agree that a minor but nonetheless clear instance of bigotry is worth opposing as a matter of principle. What the twitter Karens are doing is finding ambiguous or non-existent cases and claiming that they're clear cases.

    I'm also not calling you names or having a hissy fit about it.

    So I expect you to withdraw that please and thank you.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  22. #28822
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Let's change the argument to how long we've been arguing rather than anything substantive.
    fyp.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  23. #28823
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I'm questioning whether you are willing to agree that a minor but nonetheless clear instance of bigotry is worth opposing as a matter of principle. What the twitter Karens are doing is finding ambiguous or non-existent cases and claiming that they're clear cases.

    I'm also not calling you names or having a hissy fit about it.

    So I expect you to withdraw that please and thank you.
    It's on a par with Twatters because you're taking moral high ground on extremely tenable terms, in this case an act of xenophobia from 14 y/o kids 25 years ago. I'm not sure why you felt that argument was worth the effort. You can't seriously think I would still behave in that way as a 41 y/o man, so why bother pressing it? It felt like you were making moral judgements, hence it was akin to debating on Twitter with morons who just want to tell people they are terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  24. #28824
    And no, I don't think it's worth opposing. Like you say, there are actual acts of bigotry that are worth opposing, historical juvenile behaviour is not really one of them. Don't get me wrong, if my kid was calling a German kid "Germ", I'd have a word, tell him it's not cool, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  25. #28825
    To be clear, I am most certainly not ashamed of my behaviour at that age. Kids behave like twats. I wasn't so bad, I never bullied anyone to the point of hitting them. This German kid was actually a friend, sort of. He hung around with us, played sports, nobody really liked him because he was so angry all the time, but we tolerated him and let him hang out. He wasn't isolated, he just had shit friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  26. #28826
    My favourite blogger Craig Murray is currently being tried for contempt of court, related to the Alex Salmond case (Scottish politician accused of sexual misconduct, politically motivated). He is a supporter of Salmond and was reporting factually, as the media were not doing so. He attended court every day, and made regular blog posts. The charge is based on the claim that Murray helped to identify one of the women making the claims.
    In court, the Lord Advocate of Scotland (whoever the fuck that is) said this...

    "That the Twitter account under profile name @CraigMurrayOrg is operated by the Respondent. When the user of such an account publishes a post on Twitter, there is an option for readers to post publicly available comments in relation to each post and to reply to other readers’ comments. Replies to original posts will appear on the timeline of the author of the original post and on the timeline of the author of the reply. The user of the account who published the original cannot delete comments by others but, since November 2019, has the option to hide replies to their original post."

    Basically, they can't find anything illegal that Murray posted on his blog, or on Twitter, but one of his Twitter followers might have said something more clearly illegal. So they're going after him on this basis, completely oblivious to the precedent it would set if successful.

    They are trying to argue that a Twitter user is legally responsible for comments from others, on the basis that you can hide the comment.

    Imagine if this succeeds in convicting him. It will radically change Twitter forever.

    On a related note, he recently accused Stugeon on Twitter of actively encouraging women to make false allegations against Salmond. I'm gonna bet that he won't get sued for that, seeing as if it's true, to sue him for it would amount to perjury.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  27. #28827
    Roy Jones Jr. learned to fight by watching chickens.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  28. #28828
    I just counted how many bog rolls we have in the house.

    67.

    I bought 9 of them. I think my housemate thinks we're going to have another shortage.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  29. #28829
    Pre-emptive panic buying is taking it to another level. Might as well.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  30. #28830
    It's less irresponsible when stocks are still stable, I'll give him that. And I'm not arguing, we probably have six months worth of arse wiping.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  31. #28831
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I don't see any issues with hoarding non-perishable items if you have the storage space to do so. I mean, if I find out you have a 20 year supply of toothpaste, I'll probably question your grasp on reality, but I wouldn't make any moral judgements about it.

    Besides, there was never a shortage of toilet paper. There was only a buying surge that outpaced the existing logistical chains' ability to move product from A to B. I had to wipe with some low-grade TP for a couple weeks a while back, there, but truth be told, the quality was never actually lower than what I have to use at work in the semi-public restrooms of a college campus, so... not that big a deal.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  32. #28832
    I think in times of plenty it's a smart thing to do, even long life perishables. It's a little difficult at this time because there's an argument that it can start panic buying. I mean, if someone sees you walking out of Tesco with a huge 24 pack, they think "what does he know that I don't" and they buy a 24 pack. And before you know it, all the 24 packs are gone and the panic is on.

    But at the same time, if it does go tits up again, we won't need to buy any. Like I say, I'm not arguing. I pay my rent, they're my fucking bog rolls too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  33. #28833
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Besides, there was never a shortage of toilet paper. There was only a buying surge that outpaced the existing logistical chains' ability to move product from A to B.
    That sounds like a shortage to me. It's kinda like saying 'there's no shortage of food in Country X in Africa, there's just a logistical bottleneck in getting it from us to them'. May be true, but doesn't change the fact there's a shortage where it's needed.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ong
    if someone sees you walking out of Tesco with a huge 24 pack, they think "what does he know that I don't" and they buy a 24 pack.
    Not what I think or do myself, but yeah probably is the reaction of a fair number of people.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  34. #28834
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    That sounds like a shortage to me. It's kinda like saying 'there's no shortage of food in Country X in Africa, there's just a logistical bottleneck in getting it from us to them'. May be true, but doesn't change the fact there's a shortage where it's needed.
    Totally different when the logistic chains are not pre-existing and the cost to grow and deliver the food is probably well above anything the potential customers could afford. Not the same at all.

    If there's money to be made in sending food to paying customers, then I feel confident that some entrepreneurial capitalist will feed those people.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  35. #28835
    Not what I think or do myself, but yeah probably is the reaction of a fair number of people.
    You walk past a fair few people on the way out and to the car. As long as at least one person copies, then the behaviour continues.

    We went shopping today and he didn't buy any. Shelves well stocked. So clearly we didn't start a rush.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  36. #28836
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  37. #28837
    I heard he spilled Chuck Norris' pint, and Chuck said sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  38. #28838
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    Location
    Finding my game
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/blake...56834777480504

    I can't really relate, since although I sometimes have trouble visualizing things in great detail, I can and do it all the time. This was fascinating.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  39. #28839
    Someone on youtube just admitted their favourite band ever is Velvet Underground. I kinda feel like this is an admission that they were/are a heroin addict.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  40. #28840
    To be fair, you can tell a lot about someone from their taste in music.

    "The Velvet Underground are the GOAT" - "I was a smackhead"
    "The Beatles did some great stuff in the late 60's" - "I was doing a lot of acid in the late 60's"
    "I think Coldplay are great" - "I drink shit beer"
    "Love me a bit of Hendrix" - "My coat stinks of weed"
    "I like punk" - "I hated my parents"
    "Black Sabbath for me" - "I hated myself"
    "Clapton" - "I'm boring and play guitar"
    "Pink Floyd" - "I'm boring and don't play guitar"
    "Pink Floyd's first album only" - "LSD is great"
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  41. #28841
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    Location
    Finding my game
    That was actually pretty funny.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  42. #28842
    I mean, I listen to lots of reggae and ska. I've just added a Hendrix record to my collection. I'm clearly a weed smoker.

    Push comes to shove, if I had to pick a GOAT band, it's between the Beatles, the Who and the Stooges. Today I feel like it's the Who.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  43. #28843
    Oh and the Fall. They're top five. Blondie can be the other one in my top five.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  44. #28844
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    WTF LOL

    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  45. #28845
    Aw I was hoping since it was Uncle Roger's channel that it'd be footage that wasn't on Ozzy Man's channel. Alas, not to be.

    I find him a bit annoying to be honest. Funny, but annoying. The deliberate speech impediment is a bit much.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  46. #28846
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    That one video made me laugh, but other videos he does with this character are just a bit too over the top for me.

    He's pretty solid at working the crowd in his stand-up comedy videos, though.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  47. #28847
    I highly recommend Ozzy Man. That biscuit dunking thing was his commentary. Funniest guy on youtube for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  48. #28848
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Ehhh... The Russian airport vid was crazy to watch, but I'm not sure the commentary added anything to it.

    [EDIT]The "Humans being nice" videos are great, though.[/EDIT]
    Last edited by MadMojoMonkey; Yesterday at 03:54 PM.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  49. #28849
    He has a way with words. He nails the commentary for this gymnastics routine...
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  50. #28850
    Yeah I just watched the Russia one for a recap, not his best upload.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  51. #28851
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,207
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Nice. Jumpy, spinny shit, indeed.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •