Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,289,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 410 of 411 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411 LastLast
Results 30,676 to 30,750 of 30816
  1. #30676
    Quote Originally Posted by boost
    Yeah, I just told you that he spear headed a conspiracy movement that had real influence on national politics, so, you know, weird to follow that up with these three sentences.
    Well anyone can be a "spearhead". But ok. I'm dead wrong. Is that a better response?

    Care to revisit your assertion that it's only the left that rallies around celebrities opining on social and political issues that they lack expertise in? No, I suppose not...
    The left dominate this landscape. The might not exclusively occupy this landscape.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  2. #30677
    lol, yeah, we're down bad over here, but you guys aren't doing much better
    You-- yes, you-- you're a cunt.
  3. #30678
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    How do you think he got from fired journalist to Mayor of London?
    By not being Ken Livingstone, if I recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  4. #30679
    I mean Boris was an MP before being Mayor. I did kinda understate his career somewhat. He wasn't a complete nobody. But he wasn't exactly influential, and certainly not before actually being a politician. That's what we were talking about weren't we? Being politically influential before being a politician. Boris wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  5. #30680
    Ok fine, he wasn't. Trump was though.

    Idk why you always seem to assume any unattractive quality is held mostly by people on the left. There's a lot of idiots out there, and they're spread around the political spectrum pretty evenly imo.

    Maybe on twitter you mostly talk to (i.e., troll) left-wing accounts, so their algorithm keeps feeding them to you. But trust me, there's an equal number of people on the right talking absolute bollocks too.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  6. #30681
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Well anyone can be a "spearhead". But ok. I'm dead wrong. Is that a better response?
    I'll take it.

    Seriously though, it's not "omg why don't you instantly agree with me!!!!?!?!?", it's that your response showed now evidence of having interacted with the point I made. Responding to an asserted fact about something you admittedly have no knowledge of with "yeah, idk, maybe" is an odd move in a conversation.


    The left dominate this landscape. The might not exclusively occupy this landscape.
    I respect this take. I'm not sure I disagree, but I think it might just be asymmetrical. For example, while the left has musicians and athletes, the right's version is a successful business man-- as if business acumen is synonymous with governance expertise. And both left and right have examples of the other's out-of-their-expertise archetype.
    You-- yes, you-- you're a cunt.
  7. #30682
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Ok fine, he wasn't. Trump was though.

    Idk why you always seem to assume any unattractive quality is held mostly by people on the left. There's a lot of idiots out there, and they're spread around the political spectrum pretty evenly imo.

    Maybe on twitter you mostly talk to (i.e., troll) left-wing accounts, so their algorithm keeps feeding them to you. But trust me, there's an equal number of people on the right talking absolute bollocks too.
    This is all fair enough. I know there's a lot of right wing bollocks out there. But I don't see many celebrities shouting about right wing issues. And if they do, they get cancelled. I see a lot of privileged leftists thinking they can judge the world for their opinions. That kinda boils my piss a bit.

    I mean, I'm all for people like Marcus Rashford using their influence to put social pressure on government to make our country better. And I don't give a fuck how much he earns kicking a ball about. What I don't want is blue tick rich wankers judging me for voting Brexit, like their life is suddenly going to be worse than mine. I don't want to hear cunts like Bono preach about climate change while flying his hat across the Atlantic. And I'll point out the hypocrisy of commie leftists giving hero status to rich celebrities because of opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  8. #30683
    Quote Originally Posted by boost
    Seriously though, it's not "omg why don't you instantly agree with me!!!!?!?!?", it's that your response showed now evidence of having interacted with the point I made. Responding to an asserted fact about something you admittedly have no knowledge of with "yeah, idk, maybe" is an odd move in a conversation.
    I guess I was underwhelmed by the word "spearheaded".

    I respect this take. I'm not sure I disagree, but I think it might just be asymmetrical. For example, while the left has musicians and athletes, the right's version is a successful business man-- as if business acumen is synonymous with governance expertise. And both left and right have examples of the other's out-of-their-expertise archetype.
    I guess I tend to remember left wing bollocks I stumble upon more than right wing bollocks. When it's the right wing twats, I tend to ignore them and just consider them to be either racist or stupid. With the left, I find them more disingenuous and hypocritical. And they are also more righteous. For example, I don't think I'm "right" on the Brexit subject. My political opinion is that I don't want to be a member of a superstate. If you don't believe the EU is a superstate, or you are happy to be a member regardless, then fair enough, I respect your opinion. I wasn't "right" to vote to leave, I was participating in a democratic event. The left see things differently.

    I use "the left" pretty loosely and without clear definition. That's probably the bigger problem in my arguments. I don't have a problem with most left wing folk, it's the noisy twats on Twitter that amplify the lunacy of leftism.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  9. #30684
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I guess I was underwhelmed by the word "spearheaded".



    I guess I tend to remember left wing bollocks I stumble upon more than right wing bollocks. When it's the right wing twats, I tend to ignore them and just consider them to be either racist or stupid. With the left, I find them more disingenuous and hypocritical. And they are also more righteous. For example, I don't think I'm "right" on the Brexit subject. My political opinion is that I don't want to be a member of a superstate. If you don't believe the EU is a superstate, or you are happy to be a member regardless, then fair enough, I respect your opinion. I wasn't "right" to vote to leave, I was participating in a democratic event. The left see things differently.

    I use "the left" pretty loosely and without clear definition. That's probably the bigger problem in my arguments. I don't have a problem with most left wing folk, it's the noisy twats on Twitter that amplify the lunacy of leftism.
    Yeah, I think it'd be helpful if you were more precise if that's what you mean.

    As for being right vs expressing your opinion democratically, I hear you, but when you zoom in and see that on a particular issue the supporting arguments are nonsense, then it can make sense to label that position as wrong. For example, Jordan Peterson has some affinity for social hierarchies. Fine, we can agree to disagree. But he supports his claims about human social hierarchies by pointing to lobsters and serotonin, and, well, now he's wrong.
    You-- yes, you-- you're a cunt.
  10. #30685
    Holocaust happens, so hey how about some cheesy chicken?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63499057
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  11. #30686
    That'll teach them to automate social media posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  12. #30687
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Holy shit.
  13. #30688
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I don't follow Twitter much at all, as has been well established on this forum.

    But the sheer comedic gold that's come of the new changes is amazing.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  14. #30689
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    That'll teach them to automate social media posts.
    Am looking forward to the announcement of the "Fallen Hero Falafel" for Armistice Day today.

    xmas will obviously be the "Crucified chicken" special.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  15. #30690
    Crucified chicken for Easter, silly.

    For Christmas they can celebrate the Boxing Day Tsunami that wiped out the Indian Ocean coast. Seismic chicken and tsunami fries.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  16. #30691
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Hams for Hanukkah
  17. #30692
    I mean we can make jokes like this all day but they've already set the bar as high as it gets. You don't get a bigger faux pas than accidentally making light of the Holocaust.

    I suppose they could try Black Death Chicken Wings ™, with California Reaper chilli.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  18. #30693
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    *Carolina Reaper
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  19. #30694
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    So, apparently, the people of Missouri voted to legalize recreational marijuana on Tuesday.
    The law goes into effect in early December.
    Just in time to stock up before the family gatherings at the end of the month.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  20. #30695
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    *Carolina Reaper
    English ignorance.

    I'll ignore you pronouncing Worcestershire incorrectly when you're in the county.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  21. #30696
    I'm actually in Shropshire which is easy to pronounce (although you guys emphasise the shire too much, try saying shut without the t... shrop-shu).

    But I'm right on the border with Herefordshire and Worcestershire.

    woosta-shu, that's how you say it. The city Worcester is woosta. No idea how you guys say your city of that name but it's bound to be wrong. Probably wor-ses-ter. Wrong 'uns.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  22. #30697
    You say Birmingham wrong too. It's not "ham". It's "um". Birm-ing-um.

    Derby sounds like it should be spelled Darby.

    I'm close to Leominster, which is lem-ster.

    Norwich, say "not rich" without the t.

    West Bromwich - West brom-itch

    We have absolutely tons of towns that we say differently to how we spell them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  23. #30698
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You say Birmingham wrong too. It's not "ham". It's "um". Birm-ing-um.

    Derby sounds like it should be spelled Darby.

    I'm close to Leominster, which is lem-ster.

    Norwich, say "not rich" without the t.

    West Bromwich - West brom-itch

    We have absolutely tons of towns that we say differently to how we spell them.

    We pronounce it Bir-ming-ham, because, to quote a great Englishman, "There's a fucking H in it"
  24. #30699
    And don't forget to call everyone "guv-nah!" and stop whatever you're doing at 3 pm and have a cup of tea.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  25. #30700
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    English ignorance.

    I'll ignore you pronouncing Worcestershire incorrectly when you're in the county.
    What's wrong with how I pronounce wurstishur?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  26. #30701
    Personally, I'm quite impressed by someone who can go from being a plumber to the Prime Minister of a major country, and still stay true to their roots.

    https://twitter.com/Gemma90917101/st...29876298121217

    Edit: damn, it's a fake. Oh well.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 11-11-2022 at 08:12 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  27. #30702
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    What's wrong with how I pronounce wurstishur?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  28. #30703
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    We pronounce it Bir-ming-ham, because, to quote a great Englishman, "There's a fucking H in it"
    Yeah now tell me how you pronounce Newfoundland.

    Something like nuffen-land right?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  29. #30704
    That Worcestershire meme only works if you can't say it properly.

    It's not wur, it's woo, like woof without the f.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  30. #30705
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    That Worcestershire meme only works if you can't say it properly.
    I can't and I won't.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  31. #30706
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Personally, I'm quite impressed by someone who can go from being a plumber to the Prime Minister of a major country, and still stay true to their roots.

    https://twitter.com/Gemma90917101/st...29876298121217

    Edit: damn, it's a fake. Oh well.
    Obvious fake at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  32. #30707
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Yeah now tell me how you pronounce Newfoundland.

    Something like nuffen-land right?

    Lol, its kinda true.
    Its more the lazy, every day speech pronunciation. If I was an MP for Newfoundland and had to say it in the house I would pronounce it properly.
  33. #30708
    It's kind of like that with Birmingham. It's pronounced birm-ing-um by the locals, people like me, largely due to the accent. If someone does pronounce it with a "ham", you might get the reply "where are you from? Alabama?".

    I do say "ham" on the rare occasion I talk about Alabama's Birmingham, though it's largely me taking the piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  34. #30709
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It's kind of like that with Birmingham. It's pronounced birm-ing-um by the locals, people like me, largely due to the accent. If someone does pronounce it with a "ham", you might get the reply "where are you from? Alabama?".

    I do say "ham" on the rare occasion I talk about Alabama's Birmingham, though it's largely me taking the piss.
    This language was a lot easier before all you goddamn immigrants came over here from Anglony Saxony land.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  35. #30710
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  36. #30711
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    "deleted by user" hmmm...

    It's being reposted on other accounts. https://twitter.com/AnonOpsSE/status...9wOB4RXtkCwh4g

    I'm inclined to think that this is most likely driver error. People mistake the gas for the brake pedal all the time, and so many things need to go wrong for this to be caused by the vehicle.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  37. #30712
    Yeah people accelerate when they mean to brake but not for several blocks.

    If it's human then the driver is very likely unconscious, maybe a heart attack, and has passed out with his foot on the pedal. It happens occasionally. But this could also totally be a fault with the vehicle.

    I managed to paused the footage just before it hit the cart. Presumably that's where it gets nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  38. #30713
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    If it's human then the driver is very likely unconscious, maybe a heart attack, and has passed out with his foot on the pedal. It happens occasionally. But this could also totally be a fault with the vehicle.
    It's weird no matter how you explain it. Either the guy had a heart attack and managed to stay on the road for several blocks but not take his foot off the pedal, or the car just decided to overrule the driver and go nuts, or the driver just decided to go nuts.

    None of them seem very likely, but out of the three I'll go with blaming the car.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  39. #30714
    Obviously whatever did cause this is an unlikely an event. It's extremely rare to see a car doing this whatever the cause. But people do fall unconscious at the wheel with a statistically significant frequency, I would have thought more often than the accelerator pedal sticking though [citation needed] obviously. Most people who pass out though, they will just swerve into a tree or whatever.

    Here's a true story... I know someone, a biker (loosely affiliated with local biker gangs), who used to run a pub in Kidderminster, he had just bought himself a new car and parked it in the car park, went into the pub and started telling the regulars he had just bought a new car. Then a loud bang. He ran outside to see someone had crashed into his car. He ran to the drivers seat, opened the door intending to shout and possibly punch the driver, only to discover he was dead. That was a heart attack at the wheel.

    Granted this incident looks nothing like that because it is driving in a straight line for some time at high speed. That looks like a car fault rather than an unconscious driver. But it's pure speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  40. #30715
    That same biker guy, another story about him which is completely irrelevant but fucking hilarious...

    He was in a pub toilet quietly enjoying a shit, when someone kicked the door open and puked on his lap. In the stunned seconds that followed, the intruder moved first and punched the biker in the face before running off.

    Imagine that happening to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  41. #30716
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I wonder if it's a combination of events. The person passed out, their foot heavy on the gas pedal, and the self-driving car is like, "You control the speed, I control the direction. Let's Go!"

    IDK. I know nothing about the actual workings of self-driving cars.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  42. #30717
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Gawd Mojo - its simple physics
  43. #30718
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I wonder if it's a combination of events. The person passed out, their foot heavy on the gas pedal, and the self-driving car is like, "You control the speed, I control the direction. Let's Go!"

    IDK. I know nothing about the actual workings of self-driving cars.

    Me neither, but this is still the most plausible scenario I've heard yet.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  44. #30719
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Or gas pedal stuck under the floor mat. That one seems to be quite common. If that's what's happening you should always be able to slam the brakes and kill the engine that way, shift to neutral, or switch off the car. As much as I'd love to shit on Teslas, they have to meet regulations and pass inspection. I'd be shocked if this was down to an electronic fault that could not be remedied by hitting the brakes.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  45. #30720
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    I’m guessing if Musk hadn’t bought twitter we wouldn’t hear about this.
    there, I said it
  46. #30721
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    Gawd Mojo - its simple physics
    The car part I understand. It's the self-driving part I'm clueless about.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  47. #30722
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  48. #30723
    Sounds like a great place to work.

    https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/sta...01188277538818

    "Hey, employee, yeah you. You can either agree to work like a slave for me or take a hike. Think it over and then tell me by the end of the day."
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  49. #30724
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    TIL asking workers to work long hours = slavery.

    Man, I've been slaved so many times in my life. I didn't even know that it's still slavery even if they pay me and I stay voluntarily, just 'cause hours are long.


    Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
    Help! Help! I'm being repressed.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  50. #30725
    This is the kind of stuff Twitter was made for...

    (anonymous confessions)

    Quote Originally Posted by fesshole
    For 10 years my husband has wanted me to poo on him in bed. I've always said no because I think it's disgusting. About two weeks ago, I gave in and did it. It was completely disgusting, he looked repulsed, barely touched it and neither of us has mentioned it since.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  51. #30726
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    No idea about US labor laws, but I would be surprised if there were no legal issues with requiring people to work overtime under threat of termination. My company is so paranoid about this that if someone decides to just go home and turn off their phone the minute their contractual work day is over, nobody will even mention it... and many do. Go unions!
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  52. #30727
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This is the kind of stuff Twitter was made for...

    (anonymous confessions)
    Babe, are you ok? You've barely touched your poop.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  53. #30728
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    I’m guessing if Musk hadn’t bought twitter we wouldn’t hear about this.
    there, I said it
    But he has bought twitter, so what's your point

    They're going to study this in business schools for decades: Why you don't buy a social media platform as a narcissist nitwid billionaire with a desperate need for attention. Why the hell would he have the expertice to rebuild a social media platform? At least with companies like SpaceX he can do his little Kim Jong Un factory tour and go like: the thrusters on this one ought to be more shiney, ought they not? and someone in a white coat with a clipboard can go: oh certainly Mr Elon, daddy... I mean Sir! And everybody's happy.
    The twitter thing being completely out in the open is so bad for him. His whole thing is this real life Tony Stark image, and twitter is rapidly exposing him as the bumbling baffoon that he is.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  54. #30729
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    No idea about US labor laws, but I would be surprised if there were no legal issues with requiring people to work overtime under threat of termination. My company is so paranoid about this that if someone decides to just go home and turn off their phone the minute their contractual work day is over, nobody will even mention it... and many do. Go unions!
    I heard you also get things like paid holidays and sick leave too. Goddamn woke EU, how's anyone supposed to become a billionnaire off the sweat of others when you have stupid woke laws like that?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  55. #30730
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This is the kind of stuff Twitter was made for...

    (anonymous confessions)

    Also, this.

    https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/s...47172910796800

    "The word I refuse to say (pause)...nuclear." lol
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  56. #30731
    "Excuse me sir, we suspect you may be gay."

    https://twitter.com/theipaper/status...47151406911489
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  57. #30732
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    But he has bought twitter, so what's your point

    They're going to study this in business schools for decades: Why you don't buy a social media platform as a narcissist nitwid billionaire with a desperate need for attention. Why the hell would he have the expertice to rebuild a social media platform? At least with companies like SpaceX he can do his little Kim Jong Un factory tour and go like: the thrusters on this one ought to be more shiney, ought they not? and someone in a white coat with a clipboard can go: oh certainly Mr Elon, daddy... I mean Sir! And everybody's happy.
    The twitter thing being completely out in the open is so bad for him. His whole thing is this real life Tony Stark image, and twitter is rapidly exposing him as the bumbling baffoon that he is.
    you are right, any holes in his game will probably come to light pretty quick through twitter and he brought it on himself. But he had made some stupid ideas before and the media ate it up and put positive spin on it. Now they won’t bc he wants more open free speech on twitter.
  58. #30733
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Also, this.

    https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/s...47172910796800

    "The word I refuse to say (pause)...nuclear." lol
    He missed such a golden trolling opportunity there... "the n-word... nuclear".
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  59. #30734
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    No idea about US labor laws, but I would be surprised if there were no legal issues with requiring people to work overtime under threat of termination. My company is so paranoid about this that if someone decides to just go home and turn off their phone the minute their contractual work day is over, nobody will even mention it... and many do. Go unions!
    There's never been a threat of termination in my case, just the unspoken rule that the raise you will get next time you're due for a raise will reflect you valuing your rights over the boss's wallet.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  60. #30735
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    That's the neat thing about unions: Pay is dependent on time in the trade with very little wiggle room.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  61. #30736
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    But if your time in the trade has been doing a shit job, why should you get paid according to your experience?
  62. #30737
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    But if your time in the trade has been doing a shit job, why should you get paid according to your experience?
    That's just how unions do. If the union thinks you're making a bad name for them, I assume they can kick you out. Like I don't assume that being in a union is an excuse to just fuck off forever as if the union workers will get hired if they're not doing what they were hired to do.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  63. #30738
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,817
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    It might be different here. If you're in a unionized trade, everything about your job is already negotiated by the union. You can pay union membership if you're happy with what they're doing, but it makes no difference. If you're inside a trade that has a union, you're automatically working under union conditions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    But if your time in the trade has been doing a shit job, why should you get paid according to your experience?
    The company can always just not pay them. They can overpay someone if they want. What they can't do is pay someone less than union wage.
    Last edited by oskar; 11-17-2022 at 02:37 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  64. #30739
    Twitter is currently abuzz with rumours of an impending shutdown as key workers quit over Musk's new contract "offer."

    Ironically, Twitter could not be reached for comment because their whole comms team quit. #businessgenius
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  65. #30740
    In other news, Qatar has now moved to ban alcohol sales at the World Cup.

    The soccer hooligans will be disappointed, but thankfully will be sober so probably won't cause trouble over it.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  66. #30741
    Budweiser won't allow it. Qatar will soon learn that sponsors have more influence than governments. I mean, the fact they're asking FIFA tells you everything. The Qatari government are asking FIFA if they can ban alcohol sales in Qatar. Ludicrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  67. #30742
    lol I was wrong, banned.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63674631

    I'm gonna bet that Qatar have paid compensation to Budweiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  68. #30743
    I mean chances are that Qatar told FIFA 12 years ago that they wouldn't sell beer in stadiums but they agreed to pretend they will and announce they won't 2 days before the tournament begins so it doesn't impact on ticket sales.

    Fuck knows. Of course, corporates at the stadium can still buy alcohol. Probably not Bud though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  69. #30744
    Vinland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,017
    Location
    Canada; the country all tucked away down there...
    Budweiser is mule piss, so I don't feel bad for the people. But thats shady AF to pull this stunt
  70. #30745
    £12.50 a pint apparently. That's around US$15. They absolutely take the piss out of the punters.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  71. #30746
    You can still buy beer at the fan zones, just not in the stadiums (with the exception of VIPs).
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  72. #30747
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinland View Post
    Budweiser is mule piss, so I don't feel bad for the people. But thats shady AF to pull this stunt
    It is, but I'm guessing that people who go to sporting events aren't too worried about whether the beer they're drinking is pleasing to their palate or not. After five or six they all taste the same.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  73. #30748
    This is what happens when a Hatfield marries a McCoy.

    https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/eight-rel...nto-bloodbath/
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Boris until we have all the facts through an inquiry, police investigation, and parliamentary commission.
    also,
    I'd like to be called Lord Poopy His Most Gloriously Excellent.
  74. #30749
    What shit show. Both Musk and Qatar
    You-- yes, you-- you're a cunt.
  75. #30750
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,977
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Musk is treating Twitter like some high-profile startup company.
    The thing is, the employees in a startup company typically have a large share of equity in that company. Putting in insanely long hours for unstable income is countered by that equity in the young company. But in this case, the employees of Twitter do not have that equity. So it's not clear at all why they'd put up with being treated like that.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •