Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,285,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 388 of 389 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389 LastLast
Results 29,026 to 29,100 of 29125
  1. #29026
    Don't think Ong has too much to worry about. You can't get discriminated against in a job hire if you never apply for a job.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #29027
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Don't think Ong has too much to worry about. You can't get discriminated against in a job hire if you never apply for a job.
    Fair point. I kinda cancelled myself ten years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  3. #29028
    I think you should wear the panties anyways, just in case.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  4. #29029
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I think you should wear the panties anyways, just in case.
    It will at least give me an excuse to morally judge people on Twitter for wanting to keep women's spaces for actual women.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  5. #29030
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanners


    That must be hard for you.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  6. #29031
    I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
  7. #29032
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  8. #29033
    That second link might be the best thing you've ever posted on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  9. #29034
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    That second link might be the best thing you've ever posted on this site.
    +1
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  10. #29035
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    https://twitter.com/acapellascience/...89279134851073

    Ice is a rock; water is lava; and you are a lava monster...
    I GUESS!!!
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  11. #29036
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    That second link might be the best thing you've ever posted on this site.
    He's all like "You talking to me?"
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  12. #29037
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    That second link might be the best thing you've ever posted on this site.
    We may have a new champion.

    https://twitter.com/ziva_thediva/sta...45544043597824
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  13. #29038
    Nah dogs > people. Dogs win, always.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  14. #29039
    Rudy would have been better.


    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  15. #29040
    101 ways to get sacked, #54

    When complaining about poor refereeing decisions, tell the media your players need to "get raped" in order to be awarded a penalty.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55901819
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  16. #29041
    Dunno, but don't really see that as a sackable offense. Bad taste, definitely. Insensitive, yes. But zomfg horrible, insta-sack? Not really.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  17. #29042
    It's pretty bad if image is an important thing for a business. If you're a hedge fund manager, then maybe you don't give a shit what your subordinates say in public, but any brand that relies on some sales or support, like football, nah. Don't get me wrong, if I owned a football club and my manager said this, I wouldn't want to sack him, but I'd have to seriously consider the impact his comments would have on the image of the club. It's probably gross misconduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  18. #29043
    Sure. But it's not like he's condoning rape by saying that. So while I certainly think it's a dumb thing to say given how sensitive everyone is these days and how quick the snowflake patrol is ready to jump on anything remotely offensive, I don't find it that bad myself.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  19. #29044
    I mean yeah it's not bad in that I've said and laughed at much worse. But I wouldn't last five minutes in a high profile job like this. It's hard to apply my standard of what's acceptable to this kind of job.

    It is fun to imagine myself in a job where I have to face the media. I wonder how I'd get the sack? A spliff hanging out my mouth for the press conference should do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  20. #29045
    I want this puppy. And the other dog who puts up with it.

    https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status...67521205035009
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  21. #29046
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  22. #29047
    fucking fractals.
  23. #29048
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    101 ways to get sacked, #54

    When complaining about poor refereeing decisions, tell the media your players need to "get raped" in order to be awarded a penalty.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55901819
    Okay that's funny as fuck.
  24. #29049
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Hey, spoon.

    How's life been?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  25. #29050
    Turns out I've nicked someone's username on Twitter.

    There is actually a Doctor Bong Water who had to settle for the username @drbongwater2

    Fuck me dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  26. #29051
    The other Dr. Bong Water must have been devastated to find out he's not an original.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  27. #29052
    Seems like a good initiative. Though if they tried this here, half of our press would go bankrupt trying to fight it in court.

    https://twitter.com/i/events/1362714414877728771
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  28. #29053
    This is big. Uber (and by implication, other vendors of its ilk) will have to treat their employees as proper employees having proper rights, as opposed to the casual labour they're treated as now.

    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...t-rules-rights
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  29. #29054
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Seems like a good initiative. Though if they tried this here, half of our press would go bankrupt trying to fight it in court.

    https://twitter.com/i/events/1362714414877728771
    IDK. Investing in children sounds a lot like welfare to me.
    If we give them free stuff just because they're children, then they'll never want to grow up and they'll remain children leeching off the system forever.

    lolz.

    Seriously, though. I love it. Teaching people how to be better scientists is excellent. People act like science is something done by weirdos in lab coats - true enough, mind - but so much more. Everyone acquires knowledge through hypothesis testing. It's less formalized, and often lacks the peer review stage, but the process is the same.

    Teaching people how to apply the process of science to all aspects of their learning is spot on.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  30. #29055
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    This is big. Uber (and by implication, other vendors of its ilk) will have to treat their employees as proper employees having proper rights, as opposed to the casual labour they're treated as now.

    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...t-rules-rights
    Better late than never, IMO.
    Uber's business model always struck me as scandalous. But that motivated me to not work for them. I don't see why these workers really have a claim that the company did them wrong, provided what the company did was spelled out in the employment agreement.


    On the other hand... people are dumb, and easily taken advantage of, but that doesn't mean it's morally right to take advantage of people. Messing with a retarded person is clearly a dick move. I don't see why we lose that sensibility when it comes to intelligent (clever? savvy?) businesses taking advantage of their less intelligent (or informed) workers.

    IDK where to draw the line, but I am in favor of workers' rights. Otherwise, anyone out of work looking for a job to feed their family is compelled to take any substandard job - their bargaining power at the contract table is diminished by their desperate situation. That can be abused, and where the line of abuse is drawn is not clear to me, and probably will always be fuzzy.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  31. #29056
    What started the Uber court case was that one of their drivers was assaulted by a passenger and seriously hurt. He asked Uber to cooperate with the police by sending them the address of the passenger. Uber basically told him 'not our problem, gfy' and that's when he took them to court.

    So overall, yes people are stupid to work for them, but they also kind of asked for this.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  32. #29057
    My housemate is a taxi driver. He would rather claim unemployment benefits than work for Uber. He currently works for a local taxi firm that pays him a salary, so if he's sat on the rank doing nothing, he gets paid, and if he's busy all day, he gets paid the same amount and the firm make more money. That's how he wants to work... a reliable and predictable income with holiday pay, sick pay and set hours.

    I won't use Uber. I'll always find a local taxi company instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  33. #29058
    I've done some gig app work, and while I do appreciate the ability to quickly hop in and earn money on a flexible schedule with no commitment, in actuality, at scale, that's not how it works.

    For example, almost all of these gig apps utilize bonuses as part of your pay to nudge you to work at certain times. Of course some people will only work when they want, but at scale it's obvious that these companies are in fact setting the schedule of their workers.

    It sorta becomes a discussion of free will. If these powerful corporations can predictably coerce the vast majority of their "independent contractor" work force in a way that allows they to exert the same or similar controls that one would have over employees, does it really matter that there are exceptions to the rule?
  34. #29059
    The companies like Uber were basically saying "you work for us, but you don't have the rights of someone who legally works for us". If my employer ever took this attitude I would want protection too.

    More generally, we need to get away from the current situation where the employers have all the rights and no obligations and the workers are open to exploitation. This ruling by the UK SC is a step towards a better society. Only plutocrats gain when the law favours exploitation of workers. Fuck that.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  35. #29060
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    I've got this girl who works at a local bank doing mortgages, car loans, insurance and that kind of thing.

    This white dude comes in the other day who has "WHATEVER" tattooed across his knuckles. WHAT on one hand and EVER on the other.

    She had seen him before a while back, but he had moved to the other end of the state for a few years and moved back. This was her first time helping him with anything.

    This is a real southern girl who isn't about the white trash shit, so when she saw his WHATEVER across his hands, she was like what the fuck but didn't say anything.

    Come to find out, the reason the dude got that tattooed on his hands is that HE FUCKING CHANGED HIS LEGAL FIRST NAME TO WHATEVER.
  36. #29061
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Hey, spoon.

    How's life been?
    Man I'm good. I've been pandemic pimpin and eating a whole lot of chicken in the car this past year. Watched a lot of live streams of the riots this summer and that kind of thing. Last season ended with the stuff going down in Washington DC, so I'm waiting for the new season to kick off when the Republican party splits and all hell breaks loose. It's about to go down.



    Other than that, I've just been getting some work done and keeping everything running smoothly at spoony manor.
  37. #29062
    If you're going to change your name to "Whatever", change your surname to it, and have Trevor as your first name.

    Then again it's been done. Fun fact - I've had a piss next to Treva Whateva.

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  38. #29063
    Now I want to know what Mr. Whatever who tatooed his name on his knuckles chose for a last name.

    Also, where he tatooed his last name.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  39. #29064
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Now I want to know what Mr. Whatever who tatooed his name on his knuckles chose for a last name.

    Also, where he tatooed his last name.
    He didn't change his last name, but I don't want to say it here since she wasn't really supposed to tell me the story. It was something really mundane like Jackson or Smitherman though.
  40. #29065
    For at least a year, I think longer, there's a user by the name of "casinobonus" who often lurks logged in. He's online right now. If you click his profile, he has zero posts, and his current activity always says he's creating a new post in the blogs forum.

    How fucking long can it take to post a blog?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  41. #29066
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    It could be a bot that's scraping (copy/pasting) bonus codes or something that logs in through a page for creating a post to get around some kind of filter potentially. That's the only thought I have there.
  42. #29067
    spoon, do you still wrangle bot herds?

    I remember that seemed like a fun, if unimportant, novelty way back whenever, then recently you and your bot army hobby popped into my head and I thought, "man, I bet spoon is bot rich."
  43. #29068
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    It could be a bot that's scraping (copy/pasting) bonus codes or something that logs in through a page for creating a post to get around some kind of filter potentially. That's the only thought I have there.
    Maybe. This is better than any explanation I can come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  44. #29069
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    spoon, do you still wrangle bot herds?

    I remember that seemed like a fun, if unimportant, novelty way back whenever, then recently you and your bot army hobby popped into my head and I thought, "man, I bet spoon is bot rich."
    If you're talking about the stuff I was doing to automate and build social media accounts, yes. I go about it differently, but it's harder these days because the anti-spam stuff is so out of control.

    With that said, there are ways you can go about it without even needing to do any kind of programming and that sort of thing. Here's a quick overview for anyone who wants to play with it:


    1. Pick an industry/focus and make a new Twitter account. Maybe you want an account that focuses on celebrity feet for example.
    2. For the first week, manually post 3-5 times daily. Find other celebrity feet accounts and start following the people who follow those. Follow 10-15 people daily for the first week from those accounts.
    3. For the second week, manually post 8-10 times daily. Follow 25-30 people daily from the same celebrity feet accounts.
    4. On the third week, make a verified Reddit account. You don't need to do anything with it in terms of posting on Reddit. Also make an IFTTT (If This Then That) account. Link your Twitter and Reddit to IFTTT. IFTTT is a free cloud-based automation platform.
    5. Find a sub-reddit that centers around celebrity feet. Set IFTTT to automatically post Tweets of the "Hot" images on that sub-reddit.
    6. You can customize the content of the tweet itself aside from the images. Something like (Title of Reddit Post) (10 relevant hashtags) is a solid option.
    7. Every other day or so, unfollow 8-10 of the people you followed in steps 3-4.


    People will automatically follow those accounts over time. You can tweet out pretty much anything related to your industry/focus that you want to send traffic to as well.
  45. #29070
    Was looking for a different video entirely when I come across this.



    I'm watching this thinking "Goddamn, this girl landed about 10 shots on the guy." Turns out she's a boxer lol.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  46. #29071
    Anyways, here's the one I was looking for.

    https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status...58152422019082

    I love how he's all like "Bad kitty! Look what you did!"
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  47. #29072
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Was looking for a different video entirely when I come across this.

    I'm watching this thinking "Goddamn, this girl landed about 10 shots on the guy." Turns out she's a boxer lol.
    I'm a huge believer in eugenics. I think that people who would get in an argument with a fast food worker for not giving them a straw instead of just asking for one, let alone assaulting the motherfucker, should be on that list of people we just go ahead and take out of the gene pool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Anyways, here's the one I was looking for.

    https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status...58152422019082

    I love how he's all like "Bad kitty! Look what you did!"
    That's pretty funny.
  48. #29073
    "I want her fired"

    Yeah good luck with that, tosser. The entire world thinks you're a cunt and she's awesome. She should be promoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  49. #29074
    I just won a game of bulldog chess I've been playing for nearly a year against a very good player to become the World Champion at this variant. That title is obviously grandiose, there are under 100 people who play this variant so it's not like it actually means anything relevant, but I'm still delighted. It's not like I'll become World Champion at anything else in my life.

    Bulldog chess is played on a 10x8 board with novelty pieces. The game in question uses a witch and guard. The witch is not an easy piece to explain, but the guard is the same as a king except it can be captured.

    Here's the final position...



    That's the guard on b2 delivering checkmate.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 02-23-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  50. #29075
    It's not like I'll become World Champion at anything else in my life.
    Actually I'm also the current WC at Chess On An Infinite Plane, another variant with novelty pieces and an infinite sized board, but there's like ten of us who play that variant, so that's even more of a ludicrous title.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  51. #29076
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Well that's cool.

    Back like 15 years ago, I was the world number one at "Wild 5" on ICC/FICS. It's basically the pieces start on the opposite end of the board, so pawns are all one square away from promoting.
  52. #29077
    That sounds crazy. How many queens can you have in one game? I don't think I'd be very good at that to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  53. #29078
    The witch is a really great piece. It make friendly adjacent pieces "transparent", so you can attack the enemy through your own pieces while still enjoying the protection those pieces offer. It moves like a knight+queen, so highly mobile. It doesn't capture though so it's not very useful in endgame, other than to block pawns or waste a tempo, which in some endgames (like K+R vs K+W) will result in a draw rather than loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  54. #29079
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The witch is a really great piece. It make friendly adjacent pieces "transparent", so you can attack the enemy through your own pieces while still enjoying the protection those pieces offer. It moves like a knight+queen, so highly mobile. It doesn't capture though so it's not very useful in endgame, other than to block pawns or waste a tempo, which in some endgames (like K+R vs K+W) will result in a draw rather than loss.
    That sounds very interesting. I don't think I've ever heard about that extra piece, but I also haven't been around chess much for like a decade at the least.
  55. #29080
    In other news, there was an accident outside my house this morning. Some guy managed to overturn his van while taking out a section of our hedge, the compost heap, and the pear tree. My friend, the homeowner, not happy at all. At least he missed the chickens. He had to be freed from his van, apparently he's ok but I suspect he's in a lot of trouble based on what was allegedly found in his van. I can't go into detail there because he has a right to a fair trial and this is a public forum but let's just say my eyes needed to be put back into my head.

    In a completely unrelated subject, I like cocaine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  56. #29081
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I can't go into detail there because he has a right to a fair trial and this is a public forum.
    Wut? You think one of us and/or one of the bots who lurks around here secretly lives in Shropshire and might be selected for jury duty, so you don't want to bias us?

    Just tell us what you saw. It's not like the police won't be mentioning it in court anyways.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  57. #29082
    It doesn't matter if only four people read it. It's a public forum. You're an intelligent guy, you don't need it spelled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  58. #29083
    Ok whatever. I'll just read about it on the news then. OK if I post a link to the story here or has your imaginary lawyer told you it's better not to talk about it...oh wait.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  59. #29084
    You're so confrontational, even on subjects that need not be confrontational. I get it with politics, it's naturally divisive and emotional, but crypto and this? Are you ok? This isn't healthy poop. What is your problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  60. #29085
    You're actually worse than banana.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  61. #29086
    You post "I saw something amazing but I can't talk about it" and you expect people not to be curious?

    Look, if you helped yourself to a kilo of Tony Montana the Van Driva's stash while he was upside down unconscious in the wreckage, then you probably shouldn't have brought it up at all. Otherwise you've got no reason to tease us like that. What's your problem?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  62. #29087
    My problem is I can't have a conversation with you about anything without you being a twat.

    Here's a question... should I trust you? You clearly hold me in contempt. Can I be 100% sure you won't report potential contempt of court to the authorities? I don't think you'd do that, but I'm not certain. I don't know you. I also don't know who else lurks around these parts.

    I saw something white. Perhaps it was a bag of talcum powder.

    I really don't understand why you have to make a meal out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  63. #29088
    You post "I saw something amazing but I can't talk about it" and you expect people not to be curious?
    I made it obvious what I allegedly saw. Do you think anyone else here would press me to explain something in exquisite detail when I am clearly trying to tiptoe around the matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  64. #29089
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I gotta agree with ong on this one.
    It was obvious in the first post what he meant.

    That's twice in recent memory you're toeing the line a bit more - assertively? - than your norm.
    You're off your game, and that's apparent. Is something going on in your personal life? Getting enough sleep and stuff?
    Not trying to pry, but it seems like you're more stressed lately.

    Anyway
    Like ong said, not everything's a battle.
    We're just talking, here.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  65. #29090
    I'm just pointing out when he's talking shit imo. Sorry if you guys think it's aggressive. I'll bite my tongue from now on.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  66. #29091
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    He wasn't talking shit, though. He told a story, and chose which facts to relay directly in relation to the story and which to relay tangentially to the story. He didn't leave any facts out, like you claim. He merely separated his factual observations from his speculation. That's kinda the opposite of talking shit.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  67. #29092
    I asked for more details and didn't accept his explanation for why he couldn't describe what he saw in a stranger's van on a public forum that has four members. That's what I was referring to as "talking shit."

    But it doesn't matter what I was perceiving, I shouldn't have challenged him on it 'cause obviously he feels like I'm picking on him when I do that. I don't want him to feel that way so I won't challenge him any more.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  68. #29093
    poop, you've got to the point where you just want to argue with me about everything I talk about. That needs addressing. It's not healthy debate, it's not interesting conversation, it's not constructive.

    It's not even like I give a fuck. I just don't understand why you do it. Nobody else does it. Oskar doesn't, boost doesn't, and these are people who regularly tell me I'm talking shit. I don't have a problem with people challenging my opinions, calling me retarded, or whatever. I just wish you'd pick the right times to do it, and this isn't it, and neither is the crypto discussion. It just seems like you have no interest in engaging sincerely and just want to throw shit about.

    It shouldn't take mojo to back me up for you to wind your neck in. You can sometimes say "ok ong you're right".

    For clarity, contempt of court is a serious offence and people go to prison for it. It shouldn't surprise you that I would be careful what I say, even if it is highly likely only four or five people will read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  69. #29094
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Oskar doesn't
    Oskar does it with me. I think it's because he hasn't figured out that he's the one getting trolled.
  70. #29095
    I assume some of your banter with oskar goes back to times I can't remember. I mean, I do remember my first year or two and we didn't get on at all. You're pretty easy to argue with, and annoyingly rational in the process.

    oskar has absolutely no respect for me, I know that, but he doesn't argue with everything I say. Maybe poop thinks he's trolling me or baiting me, but he's playing games I like really, just games I prefer to play with randoms on Twitter than with people I talk to regularly. You guys are like digital friends to me, daft as that might sound, but Twitter is the general moronic public. That's where I prefer to do my trolling. I don't mind heated debates here, but I'd prefer it if it wasn't constant, on every subject we discuss. It's getting like that with poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  71. #29096
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I assume some of your banter with oskar goes back to times I can't remember.
    I know one thing that's behind why oskar gets so triggered by me, but I don't want to embarrass the guy for no reason, so I don't really care to bring it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I mean, I do remember my first year or two and we didn't get on at all. You're pretty easy to argue with, and annoyingly rational in the process.
    Historically speaking, I've really liked trolling randoms. I still do it on Reddit when I'm on the can. My goal is to get the largest response while using the minimum amount of words and effort. It's just fun for me.

    After I got to know you more, I didn't really keep doing it as much because I actually like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    oskar has absolutely no respect for me
    That's been one of his go-to lines for over a decade, just fyi. If I read any of his responses to me since I started checking out FTR again a few days ago, I'd bet he's said it to me already.

    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    but he doesn't argue with everything I say.
    He does with me lol. Again, I know why he does it, and I'm tempted to go back and find screenshots, but I'll leave it alone just for the sake of not stirring shit needlessly.

    He'll probably act like he doesn't know what I'm talking about, but I bet his story would change real quick if I started posting about it. MMM would delete it anyway lol.
  72. #29097
    After I got to know you more, I didn't really keep doing it as much because I actually like you.
    Aw that's nice.There were two key moments in me not disliking you... one was you successfully pissing me off to the point I had a serious word with myself about allowing internet randoms to wind me up, and I truly think it was the last time someone I didn't know upset me, and the other was the stories about Michelle, which made me realise you're not an asshole, quite the opposite.

    The oskar stuff sound intriguing but perhaps a bit too personal so I won't pry. But whatever, we've all got embarrassing moments in our past, surely?

    I quite like oskar, I find him amusing. I don't give a fuck if he thinks I'm an idiot. I don't care what anyone thinks about me, giving zero fucks is one of my finer qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  73. #29098
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,621
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The oskar stuff sound intriguing but perhaps a bit too personal so I won't pry. But whatever, we've all got embarrassing moments in our past, surely?
    It's like this. If I don't bring it up, he's probably going to be in here screeching that I should bring it up. If I do bring it up, he's going to be in here screeching that I made it up, photoshopped screenshots, conversations and pictures or whatever else.

    Alternatively, he might just go on one about how I'm just trolling or whatever, so I'm going to go ahead and state here that I'm never going to out him on anything no matter what he says, so hopefully that's enough that if he reads this, he'll decide to start acting like a normal human being toward me again.

    If not, oh well.
  74. #29099
    Haha, there's so much meta going on, we may as well be in Putin's Russia
  75. #29100
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,415
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    MMM would delete it anyway lol.
    I don't intervene in other mod's activities or decisions.

    You're free to do whatever you like, here, and I'll adapt. I wouldn't even be a mod if not for you. Do what ya like.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •