Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,289,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 194 of 411 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,550 of 30816
  1. #14476
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    I'm trying to carry less shit in my pockets.
  2. #14477
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    I'm trying to carry less shit in my pockets.
    I've thought about how good a man purse would be sometimes. Especially when carrying cigarettes. It's just one element too many to be carrying in your pockets during the summer.
  3. #14478
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    Keys, cell phone, wallet that's supposedly ruining my back, it's too much.

    Plus, I bet a nice summer dress would really do wonders for my mid-summers ball sweat.

    I don't understand how Scotsmen at the frosty tip of the world managed to figure out summerwear.
  4. #14479
    no chapstick? wtf?!
  5. #14480
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    For ball sweat?

    I dunno. I guess I'll try anything...
  6. #14481
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    The systematic feminization of males is the current number one threat to civilization.
    Trolling hard or hardly trolling? Just the way Spoon likes it
  7. #14482
    yeah actually kilts are totally logical. if you think about our physiologies, it actually seems to fit better. never have to readjust down there ever again, just let em dangle and sway in the wind.
  8. #14483
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    I am a fan of cats.
    dogs >>>>>>>>>>> cats
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  9. #14484
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    NEEDLES ARE TERRIFYING IVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE YET AGAIN!
    Not really. I have stuck myself hundreds of times in the shoulders, quads, glutes. Pretty easy actually.
  10. #14485
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Not really. I have stuck myself hundreds of times in the shoulders, quads, glutes. Pretty easy actually.
    Congrats to you sir! It was terrifying for me. I was assured that I saved 3 lives and that people had to be nice to me because of the sticker I wore. It had the opposite effect of what was intended.

    ?wut
  11. #14486
    Those blood donation needles are pretty big looking tbh. I've donated 10+ times but haven't for a while. I used to use it as a good excuse to leave work for 1.5h during the day but now job is too busy etc.

    That's right previous employer: your workplace was so shitty I preferred bleeding out of my arm to being there.
  12. #14487
  13. #14488
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    That's right previous employer: your workplace was so shitty I preferred bleeding out of my arm to being there.
    Hahaha... this reminds me of a grocery store cashier's job that I quit on the very first day as a teenager when one of the "Sub-Assistant Shift" managers told me I would need to go back home and change into "solid white" Tennis Shoes the first day I showed up to work (something about needing to "lay down the law," etc).

    I walked across the street in my Nike pumps and had a job at the local radio station within the hour.

    To add icing to the cake, I got to report on his arrest for writing hot checks a few months later.
  14. #14489
    A gif that's actually funny! *claps*
  15. #14490
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    I also hate needles, but I have an overwhelming abundance of testosterone in these balls of steel of mine, so it's not a problem.
  16. #14491
    Don't they break the needle then?
  17. #14492
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    dogs >>>>>>>>>>> cats
    Depends on cat and dog in question.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  18. #14493
    nope. all dogs and all cats are exactly the same. all cats are literally hitler, all dogs are simple jack. dont listen to anybody tells you otherwise
  19. #14494
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    nope. all dogs and all cats are exactly the same. all cats are literally hitler, all dogs are simple jack. dont listen to anybody tells you otherwise
    Shut your mouth.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  20. #14495
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    nope. all dogs and all cats are exactly the same. all cats are literally hitler, all dogs are simple jack. dont listen to anybody tells you otherwise

    NOTORIOUS!
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
  21. #14496
    hey look it's mouse
  22. #14497

    relax and take notes
    Last edited by aubreymcfate; 07-17-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
  23. #14498
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    Depends on cat and dog in question.
    Dog thought process - Can I eat this? Can I piss here? Can I shit here? Can I fuck this? Am I a good boy? Humans are ace.

    Cat thought process - Prepare me food human. Let me out human. Let me in human. I want to eat your face off human. If you didn't have the thumb you'd be nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  24. #14499
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house


    behold worlds best cat.

    ?wut
  25. #14500
    Now post the world's worst dog.

    I reckon I'd still rather have the dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  26. #14501
    Does that cat go fucking mental when it's walkies time? Does it like playing with a ball? Does it think its owner is the greatest living being in the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  27. #14502
    battle of the black cats commence

    behold my caesar



    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
  28. #14503
    oh btw did anyone see dawn of the planet of the apes? bc i did. that movie was the definition of "meh"
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
  29. #14504
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Dog thought process - Can I eat this? Can I piss here? Can I shit here? Can I fuck this? Am I a good boy? Humans are ace.

    Cat thought process - Prepare me food human. Let me out human. Let me in human. I want to eat your face off human. If you didn't have the thumb you'd be nothing.
    Cat does make a valid point. I like dogs. I like cats. I think I just really like all animals, but - felines are always a #1 favorite.


    <first world problem>
    Now, someone help me figure out how to fucking fix my god damn car window. It isn't a fuse. It isn't the control switch. It isn't the wiring. I'm assuming at this point it's the motor to the window, which involves me taking off the panel and the inside of the door, which isn't hard, but fucking fuck. Window has been stuck in the down position for 1 1/2 days. Stayed at a friends house last night and they parked like 3 inches away from the driver side so no one could steal anything, even though I took anything valuable out. I was impressed with their parking skills. I'm going up to the auto parts store again tomorrow because I've got a friend that works there that's gonna' help me, maybe. Fuck if I know what's gonna happen.
    </first world problem>
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  30. #14505
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Hold the up button while kicking the area where the motor is. I know that sounds stupid, but dust can make a motor lock up, and this is a quick and easy way to unlock it.
  31. #14506
    Eh. Motor in the driver side window is shot. Gotta pick up a new one tomorrow and install it. The window saga continues!
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  32. #14507
    Did jyms just cop to being a long time steroid user and it completely got glossed over?
  33. #14508
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    I thought that too.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  34. #14509
    Galapogos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,876
    Location
    The Loser's Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Did jyms just cop to being a long time steroid user and it completely got glossed over?
    Steroids amongst body builders aren't as rare as you seem to think. I'd imagine it'd be even more common amongst guys who's career revolved around body building in any way shape or form such as personal trainers.


    Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
  35. #14510
    FWIW if steroids were legal, cheap, and socially accepted, it would probably be better to be on them all the time. Not all steroids are created equal, but basically if you're on TRT that simply just ups your T levels and the side effects (like hair loss and moobs) aren't bad, you're going to feel better than you normally do. Not just a little better. A lot better

    Everybody talks about how great they feel on different drugs or when their bodies pump up different neurotransmitters. Well, testosterone is among the best of that
  36. #14511
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    I've always thought the Olympics would be much better if we allowed the use of drugs. Let's see how fast we can run/high we can jump etc without any restrictions.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  37. #14512
    The first and last thing anybody needs to know about steroids. Thanks to Spoon for posting it ages ago

  38. #14513
    Cat does make a valid point. I like dogs. I like cats. I think I just really like all animals, but - felines are always a #1 favorite.
    I like nearly all animals, there's only wasps I really fucking hate. And yeah cats are way better than most, I can't deny that. But I can love a dog. I can't love a cat, I just like it. I don't think I can cry when a cat gets run over, I don't think I'd be as offended if I discovered Koreans were eating cats. They're awesome animals, just not quite as awesome as dogs. I actually become proper friends with a dog, wheras cats are just there.

    I was chatting with a friend last night about eating animals, and we both agreed that in a desperate situation, dog would be the last food we would eat before human. Cats are in the same league as monkeys and dolphins.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  39. #14514
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    The first and last thing anybody needs to know about steroids. Thanks to Spoon for posting it ages ago

    Yeah man.
  40. #14515
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I like nearly all animals, there's only wasps I really fucking hate. And yeah cats are way better than most, I can't deny that. But I can love a dog. I can't love a cat, I just like it. I don't think I can cry when a cat gets run over, I don't think I'd be as offended if I discovered Koreans were eating cats. They're awesome animals, just not quite as awesome as dogs. I actually become proper friends with a dog, wheras cats are just there.

    I was chatting with a friend last night about eating animals, and we both agreed that in a desperate situation, dog would be the last food we would eat before human. Cats are in the same league as monkeys and dolphins.
    Fuck wasps. Fuck anything that can sting or bite you and fly the fuck away. Fuck. That. Shit.

    Basically you're comparing cats to two other badass mammals? I approve.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  41. #14516
    I nearly said elephant too, but fact is, in a desperate situation, if I happened to see an elephant in the wild (because we have them on the moors in the UK, just like monkeys and dolphins), well that fucker will feed us for a long time. So with a heavy heart I'd kill an elephant to eat it if I had to.

    Wasps are the only animal I can think of that I will gladly be cruel to. Mozzies I'll just kill quickly. Wasps I can play with. Singe its wings, flick it around the floor, that kind of stuff. Horrible little shits. What's the point of wasps? What do they do that bees don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  42. #14517
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    On the subject of what you keep in your pockets, keep your phone out of your pants pockets if at all possible because a cell phone near your nuts has been shown to very distinctly decrease testosterone production.
  43. #14518
    Galapogos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,876
    Location
    The Loser's Lounge
    Having my phone further away from my nuts directly decreases testical stimulation when I get a text message though.


    Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
  44. #14519
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Did jyms just cop to being a long time steroid user and it completely got glossed over?
    Long time no. I have used a few times in the past for rehab purposes. maybe 5 times in my adult life for 12-16 weeks. I do know more about them than the average user though. I have advised quite a few people before and during contest prep.

    Never for any competition and I have never had to pass or fail a test. Strictly for my own purposes.
  45. #14520
    How much of a difference do they really make?
  46. #14521
    In which way do you refer to difference?
  47. #14522
    Mannnnn.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  48. #14523
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    In which way do you refer to difference?
    Compared to people who'd only use what's legally allowed like food supplements. Maybe my question's kinda vague but this guy I know got really buff rather quickly and he said he only used herbal stuff and supplements, I wonder if I should believe that.
  49. #14524
    depends on a lot. What some guys call herbal stuff are hormones and precursors. Age matters too. Young guys under 21 have more than enough testosterone to make massive changes. Guys over 25 don't make major changes without help. Not all help comes in the form of needles and testosterone though.
  50. #14525
    Also, getting bigger and getting ripped are two different things. You can lean out and get to sub 10% BF and look way bigger because of the V taper. Perception isn't always drugs.
  51. #14526
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I've always thought the Olympics would be much better if we allowed the use of drugs. Let's see how fast we can run/high we can jump etc without any restrictions.
    Cyborgs versus the Juiced.
  52. #14527
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    depends on a lot. What some guys call herbal stuff are hormones and precursors. Age matters too. Young guys under 21 have more than enough testosterone to make massive changes. Guys over 25 don't make major changes without help. Not all help comes in the form of needles and testosterone though.
    D: I'm not a spring chicken anymore?

    I... i feel defeated... before ive even tried.

    Maybe chocolate can help me now.
  53. #14528
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    D: I'm not a spring chicken anymore?

    I... i feel defeated... before ive even tried.

    Maybe chocolate can help me now.
    chocolate, ice cream and dave matthews!

    ?wut
  54. #14529
    the strippers, jfk and stalin!
  55. #14530
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    Also, getting bigger and getting ripped are two different things. You can lean out and get to sub 10% BF and look way bigger because of the V taper. Perception isn't always drugs.
    Well, I've never been much for working out but now past 30 I'm thinking I should take some better care of myself. I just have this idea in my head that it might be a lot of effort for almost no visible gains, unless you'd use steroids which I don't want to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I've always thought the Olympics would be much better if we allowed the use of drugs. Let's see how fast we can run/high we can jump etc without any restrictions.
    Didn't they have to ban this because people would literally kill themselves on these enhancing drugs? Like it's one of those things where the abuse of some ruins it for everyone.
  56. #14531
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Well, I've never been much for working out but now past 30 I'm thinking I should take some better care of myself. I just have this idea in my head that it might be a lot of effort for almost no visible gains, unless you'd use steroids which I don't want to do.
    There are tons of visible and effectual gains you would feel/see unless you have already been working out for the last 10 yrs. Also, you would have to do everything right in those 10 years to even be close to the genetic potential of size and strength you could naturally achieve. Thinking you need juice to make any improvements in health and appearance is probably the biggest misnomer you could have. They aren't the be all end all, and in fact, most use them for short cuts and not as " the only way to a goal" 90% of users are impatient, not in need.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Didn't they have to ban this because people would literally kill themselves on these enhancing drugs? Like it's one of those things where the abuse of some ruins it for everyone.
    They ban them because it is an unlevel playing feild. First world nations are much farther ahead in the feild of medical enhancements. Unfortunately they can't test for the things that are at teh leading edge of performance enhancement. Things like Growth Hormone, EPOs and other blood doping, and even new genetic engineering is so far ahead of what the world doping council can test for. Testing is just to make them look like they are trying.
  57. #14532
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Didn't they have to ban this because people would literally kill themselves on these enhancing drugs? Like it's one of those things where the abuse of some ruins it for everyone.
    Yes, it creates a prisoner's dilemma.
  58. #14533
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    I WAS HAVING A BAD DAY BUT NOW I AM NOT COURTESY OF THESE GIFS!





    ?wut
  59. #14534
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    Well, I've never been much for working out but now past 30 I'm thinking I should take some better care of myself. I just have this idea in my head that it might be a lot of effort for almost no visible gains, unless you'd use steroids which I don't want to do.
    Generally speaking, every normal sedentary male can put on 30 pounds of muscle. That may not sound like much, but it's quite a lot. It's the difference between looking average and looking jacked as fuck. For an avid trainer, it can take up to five years to get there. However, the gains are fastest in the earlier stages

    Two 30 minute weight training sessions a week is more than enough, and that involves maybe like 4-7 minutes of hard work sets for each session.

    Do this: go to the gym twice a week. Get in the free weight room and do bench press, pulldowns, and squats. Use extremely light weights for your first session, so light that you barely feel you're getting a workout. Add a small amount of weight each subsequent workout. They should be getting harder and harder. If it's really easy, add 3-4 kilos for the next workout, if it's moderately hard, add 2 kilos, if it's really hard, add 1 kilo, if it's so hard you can't finish it or only barely can, add nothing. Over the weeks and months you'll feel the weight getting heavier but also your body getting stronger. You'll also notice you look more muscular

    For each lift do something like 3 sets of 10 reps with 3 minute breaks between each set. Do a couple warm up sets before those (basically a few sets with lower reps and lower weight than your work set of 3x10). Do that for six months and you'll find that you're ten pounds heavier with five of that being just muscle (the rest is probably your muscles storing more water), you're about 20% stronger than you were before, and as long as you're not fat, you look like you have an athletic body
    Last edited by wufwugy; 07-18-2014 at 05:09 PM.
  60. #14535
    ^^ BTW my numbers of 30 minute session and 3x10 of 3 lifts with 3 minute breaks and warmup sets doesn't add up. If you're doing that, it'll be closer to an hour. That's honestly probably better for most people, but it isn't necessary. I do full body workouts in 20 minutes. To get hard work sets in, my body needs very little warmup, so I just get heart rate and joints moving a little, then dive right into the work sets, and I tend to only use 1 minute breaks between them. This allows me to work just as hard with lower weights, which keeps me injury free and stressing my anaerobic endurance instead of just pure one-rep-max strength

    Regardless, at this point for me, if I spend an hour working out a week, it's probably too much. When you work hard, your muscles and nervous system tires extremely fast. It's basically that tiring that is what creates gains as your body heals. You don't have to spend a lot of time working out. You just have to workout hard when you do
  61. #14536
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
  62. #14537
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    You guys and your muscles and your lifting of heavy stuffs.

    ?wut
  63. #14538
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Regardless, at this point for me, if I spend an hour working out a week, it's probably too much.
    I doubt it, you're fat.
  64. #14539
    I think people think it takes too much effort to lift weights because they think their gains will correlate with how much effort they put in. They think "to get good cardio, I have to jog and jog and jog for many hours a week, so I have to do the same thing with weights", but that isn't true. Weight training is sort of the opposite of cardio in that the gains are made by resting. Your job in the gym is to fatigue your muscles. That doesn't take long at all. You can do it in just 30 seconds of balls to the wall straining. But your muscle growth and strength gains come only if you take enough time to rest after that. This means days and/or weeks

    Compare these two pictures






    It may be hard to see at first. GSP is in competition form in the first picture, and retired for a couple months in the latter. But he's definitely more muscular in the latter. How can that be? It's because while he was competing, he was training so much that it was hampering his muscle growth. Then he retires and he blows up. This happens with all sorts of athletes. Virtually anytime an athlete has to train a lot for their sport, they end up getting bigger within months after they quit training

    It's counterintuitive, but muscles hate being overly stressed. They want to be stressed only just enough, then they will grow based on how much rest and calories they get
  65. #14540
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    I doubt it, you're fat.
    I'm fat because of what I eat. You don't burn that many calories with exercise

    I've been doing daily full body weight training sessions. Very short sessions, moderate intensity. It takes about three or four days straight of this for me to feel significantly weaker the next day. So then I stop the session and take the next few days off. Then when I come back after 72 hours of rest, I feel noticeably stronger and have more energy. That's what I'm referring to

    Weight training to lose weight is a terrible idea. Your point is accurate if we were talking about other things, like swimming or basketball. You can do those for hours a day everyday and not overtrain
  66. #14541
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    I put on a body T today for reference. Thank THE LAWD I CAN STILL ROCK THESE BOOYAH

    ?wut
  67. #14542
    If you think GSP is a natural athlete I got some news for you. I'm willing to bet most UFC fighters use some sort of AAS. Not all the time and not to get big, but the ability to train balls to the wall for 8 hours a day, recover from that training and heal injuries is not a trait that would be natural to almost anyone in the human race at this point in time.
  68. #14543
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Weight training to lose weight is a terrible idea. Your point is accurate if we were talking about other things, like swimming or basketball. You can do those for hours a day everyday and not overtrain
    I'm not going to get into a debate because I know what you meant when you said this, but weight training as a weight loss method is a great idea if that is what you want to do and are training in a way that causes weight loss. Cardio as a weight loss method is probably the worst idea.
  69. #14544
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I'm fat because of what I eat. You don't burn that many calories with exercise

    I've been doing daily full body weight training sessions. Very short sessions, moderate intensity. It takes about three or four days straight of this for me to feel significantly weaker the next day. So then I stop the session and take the next few days off. Then when I come back after 72 hours of rest, I feel noticeably stronger and have more energy. That's what I'm referring to

    Weight training to lose weight is a terrible idea. Your point is accurate if we were talking about other things, like swimming or basketball. You can do those for hours a day everyday and not overtrain
    I bet him looking bigger in that picture (which isn't really comparable) is much more due to his increase body fat and water retention than it is your "theory" about muscles getting much bigger because he had a couple of rest months.

    Not that I'm saying rest isn't vitally important.
  70. #14545
    and he has no need to make weight for a fight
  71. #14546
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    and he has no need to make weight for a fight
    This is diet though which is so much more important than anything mentioned so far and is what people get so wrong.

    Even wuf knows that he just doesn't like assessing points fairly he just likes ramming home his point with any info he can find.

    I'm fat because of what I eat. You don't burn that many calories with exercise
  72. #14547
    I wasn't claiming GSP is natural. Virtually all top level athletes are on drugs. Of the handful of athletes who might not be on them, GSP could be one

    I don't see much fat difference in the pics, and am looking specifically at the muscle differences.

    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    I'm not going to get into a debate because I know what you meant when you said this, but weight training as a weight loss method is a great idea if that is what you want to do and are training in a way that causes weight loss. Cardio as a weight loss method is probably the worst idea.
    Depends on what you mean. You can only do so much anaerobic exercise for weight loss, and it doesn't burn as many calories as we once thought (hoped). The one study that showed significantly elevated post-exercise burn from high intensity anaerobic training has not been able to be duplicated. If you're trying to burn calories without overtraining, you can do multiples more with aerobic training. But of course, the right method is to do both while having most of the work be from diet anyways

    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy
    Even wuf knows that he just doesn't like assessing points fairly he just likes ramming home his point with any info he can find.
    Why do you think this?
  73. #14548
    Galapogos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,876
    Location
    The Loser's Lounge
    Hey jyms, how balanced is the doc Bigger Stronger Faster? It's message is loud and clear that steroids are not nearly as bad as we're told, which I mostly agree with. But are there any facts about the harm regular steroid use can do that they gloss over?


    Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
  74. #14549
    That's funny, I just watched BSF again last week. Great doc. I remember when Smelly was posting on T-Nation and that came out. Forever ago

    I think BSF is about as accurate as documentaries get. Steroids do have some side effects, but all drugs do. Steroids only cause health complications in very rare situations (like all drugs) or when abused (like all drugs). They have a lot of positive effects too. The research on their positive effects is greatly lacking because of the legal and cultural problems of studying them. I think it is clear they are applicable for all sorts of things, from AIDS to depression

    It should be pointed out that they're illegal because they make people better. They're not much different than SSRIs and MAOIs. Testosterone is no less vital, physiologically and mentally important than serotonin and dopamine
  75. #14550
    triple chocolate frozen yogurt. so. much. yes.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •