Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,289,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Randomness thread, part two.

Page 193 of 412 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,475 of 30832
  1. #14401
    It's not a case of "I did it so everyone else can". It's a case of "I don't want to be unhappy my whole life".

    Those who use a shitty childhood as an excuse for failure or being an arsehole, fuck them. They get zero sympathy off me. Move the fuck on.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  2. #14402
    Renton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Location
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    I too had a pretty terrible childhood. I emerged from it as a somewhat balanced person with a lot of flaws that I will probably never overcome. My other siblings and half siblings all turned out much worse. How did your's turn out?

    I more than probably anyone here (given the libertarian vs socialism arguments that constantly are happening) strongly believe in individual responsibility. But I also believe that effects have causes. Nobody is using child abuse as an excuse for his actions, I'm just saying that the two things are strongly linked.
  3. #14403
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Well am I fucking special or something?
    You're a predicted outcome of probability

    It's great that you turned out better than others in your situation. But that doesn't mean I can hit you in the mouth with a hammer and say "somebody else once didn't lose teeth by getting hit in the mouth with a hammer, so you should be fine"

    There's no excuse for anything, but that doesn't mean there isn't causality
  4. #14404
    Mehhhhh. Though I see where a few of you are coming from - because yes, people that have childhood abuse are more likely to be a piece of shit. However, that doesn't give this dude a 100% reason. Life is about the choices we make to become a better us. Bad shit happens in our life - we make the choice to what we are going to allow that to do to us as a person. We all fight battles, neither of us need to compare said battles.

    With all that being said, dude is no longer living, no longer a threat to the human population. Sounds good to me.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  5. #14405
    I have to stop coming in this thread, it's fucking depressing and losing the purpose of what it was started for.
  6. #14406
    As long as he ain't no attention whore

    Fuck bitches, who, living in a world that demands they stand out, try to stand out.
  7. #14407
    Is Jums upset because a perfectly all right chick is being called names or because some posters had terrible childhoods? I have no clue
  8. #14408
    Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    I too had a pretty terrible childhood. I emerged from it as a somewhat balanced person with a lot of flaws that I will probably never overcome. My other siblings and half siblings all turned out much worse. How did your's turn out?

    I more than probably anyone here (given the libertarian vs socialism arguments that constantly are happening) strongly believe in individual responsibility. But I also believe that effects have causes. Nobody is using child abuse as an excuse for his actions, I'm just saying that the two things are strongly linked.
    I have plenty of flaws. I just don't blame my childhood for them. People are too quick to blame everyone but themself for their flaws.

    My older brother, the one who got taken in by Nan, he's doing just fine. Late thrities, married, two wonderful kids, a very happy man.

    Younger brother is a waster like me, doing fuck all with his life. Only difference between us is he's unhappy and has been for most of his life.

    I agree with you, effects have causes. But I believe in most cases people incorrectly identify the cause. The cause is often an inability to cope with the mental stress that unhappiness brings, which creates a vicious circle. That's not a problem with the past, it's a problem with the present. It's something that can be changed.

    Happiness is a choice. It is in my case anyway. It would be very easy for me to be an arsehole and blame my Dad, my foster parents, the kids at the home, the position of Jupiter when I was born... but I don't want to be an arsehole. So I'm not. It's that fucking easy. It is a choice. Thus, I have no sympathy for those who choose to be an arsehole. I'll respect those who sort themselves out, but sympathy is what I give to seriously ill people, or those who have lost a loved one, those who live in poverty, not wankers who make other people unhappy because they can't come to terms with shit that happened years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  9. #14409
    Quote Originally Posted by jyms View Post
    I have to stop coming in this thread, it's fucking depressing and losing the purpose of what it was started for.
    This post is depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  10. #14410
    Ong, you're extrapolating from your own personal experiences and making grand claims about psychiatry. Stop. You're doing it wrong.

    Science says X in aggregate and you think science is wrong because you experienced Y. Is it really that hard to see the flaw in this way of thinking?
  11. #14411
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Ong, you're extrapolating from your own personal experiences and making grand claims about psychiatry. Stop. You're doing it wrong.

    Science says X in aggregate and you think science is wrong because you experienced Y. Is it really that hard to see the flaw in this way of thinking?
    this.

    ?wut
  12. #14412
    Renton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,863
    Location
    a little town called none of your goddamn business
    Dawg, scientists have proven that when you beat a child it can change the very chemistry of their brain, even the structure of the brain. It doesn't happen every time, but when you see that 95 out of 100 criminals experienced this very specific type of trauma, it becomes clear that there's a connection.

    Maybe in your case there were some positive environmental stimuli to balance out some of the negative. In my case I had a great uncle who would often take me for the weekends and as a result I was partially sheltered from the awful shit that was happening at home. My step-siblings were not so lucky. They had no decent mentor growing up. It could be as simple as a teacher or a friend's family. There are a lot of random factors that go into this.

    Logically if you're raised by pieces of shit you'd think that the response is to renounce shitty people and do something more positive with your life than they did, but time and time again we see that the natural human nature response is to emulate.
  13. #14413
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    Sometimes I just need to make a lot of noise.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  14. #14414
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    Eating breakfast rewires the brain. If childhood trauma got you one way, adulthood practices could change you another. Unlikely that you'll discover or seek them out if you're a violent outlaw.
  15. #14415
    I was thinking of buying some candy after work.
  16. #14416
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    I was thinking of buying some candy after work.
    This should be code for something but it probably isn't
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
  17. #14417
    Just trying to bring the random back to randomness.
  18. #14418
    bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    15,437
    Location
    Nest of Douchebags
    If people are trying to be random, is it really?
    LOL OPERATIONS
  19. #14419
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Ong, you're extrapolating from your own personal experiences and making grand claims about psychiatry. Stop. You're doing it wrong.

    Science says X in aggregate and you think science is wrong because you experienced Y. Is it really that hard to see the flaw in this way of thinking?
    There's a lot of flaws in my way of thinking, I'm not hiding from that. I'm simply saying that using your past negative experiences as an excuse to be a shitty person is not acceptable.

    I'm not sure why so many of you people are so happy to allow wankers to excuse their behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  20. #14420
    How is it excusing their behaviour in any way?
  21. #14421
    Galapogos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,876
    Location
    The Loser's Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    that doesn't mean I can hit you in the mouth with a hammer and say "somebody else once didn't lose teeth by getting hit in the mouth with a hammer, so you should be fine"
    Who could possibly have a jaw so strong they could be hit in the mouth with a hammer and not lose any teeth? Besides Ron Perlman?


    Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
  22. #14422
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    How is it excusing their behaviour in any way?
    Aren't you people saying that I'm in the wrong to show a lack of empathy to people who have a bad childhood and then point to it when they do horrible things as an adult? You lot are excusing their behaviour by saying that I should show empathy. You lot are saying there's a psychological reason for their behaviour that I should acknowledge. I'm saying the reason is because they are weak, not because of what happened 30 years ago or whatever. I'm not going to show empathy to a piece of shit who deals with unhappieness by making others unhappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  23. #14423
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Fuck him. If someone's raised to be a piece of shit, and they act like a piece of shit, then that doesn't take away personal responsibility. There are pieces of shit in this world, and unless we can stop them at the source, then the reasons they became that way aren't nearly as important as stopping them from fucking up other peoples lives.

    In other news, this teacher bitch is getting charged with rape for having sex with legal adults who gave their consent.
  24. #14424
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    Hello FTRers,

    I found this article interesting and I hope you will too.

    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014...in-on-scarcity

    The part I found most interesting was the concept of a mental budget that you draw against every day for conducting mental effort. How fascinating!

    "When you're very lonely, or when you're hungry, or when you're poor, a large portion of the day is spent entertaining thoughts related to the source of your scarcity. If you're lonely, you spend a big part of the day worrying about how to make social connections, which is actually distracting you from other things." And if you're poor, you worry about money. Constantly."

    So what do you worry about most everyday? I worry most about my health. I don't consider myself to be unhealthy, I haven't had any cause for concern, but I consider my weight and lifestyle and how similar they are to my aging father and worry!
  25. #14425
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapogos View Post
    Who could possibly have a jaw so strong they could be hit in the mouth with a hammer and not lose any teeth? Besides Ron Perlman?
    Or maybe a hammer so soft?
  26. #14426
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    I worry that some day someone more senior than me will actually realise how little I do on a day to day basis. I mean really I spend 1 hour formally at lunch, about 2 hours actually working and about 5 hours doing my own thing, which includes playing on my phone, meeting people for coffee, reading books and lately studying for a qualification that will lead to me leaving this glorious position.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  27. #14427
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    I'm up to about 5 or 6 hours or real work a day right now because our project is over hours on the first phase. Once I'm charging against any of phases 2 through 4, I'll be back to a relaxing 2 or 3.
  28. #14428
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
  29. #14429
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    I wonder what dizzy heights global production could reach of we all worked really hard for the entire of our work day?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  30. #14430
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    I prefer the oxford comma because it makes more obvious sense to me. You've got a list? Break 'em up with commas.
  31. #14431
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by rong View Post
    I wonder what dizzy heights global production could reach of we all worked really hard for the entire of our work day?
    According to bandwidth poverty, you'll be too mentally taxed to know what the hell you mashing into your keyboard.
  32. #14432
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    But, but.... There's an and!
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  33. #14433
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    I prefer the oxford comma because it makes more obvious sense to me. You've got a list? Break 'em up with commas.
    Yeah me too.




  34. #14434
    people with rhythm use the oxford
  35. #14435
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    HI! I am looking for Molly! I've been searching everywhere and I can't seem to find Molly!

    ?wut
  36. #14436
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house


    OMG LIPBITE

    ?wut
  37. #14437
    My prime concern in life is how bikes is gonna respond to my posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  38. #14438
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    My prime concern in life is how bikes is gonna respond to my posts.

    Someday I hope you love yourself as much as Kanye loves Kanye.

    ?wut
  39. #14439
    I love myself like Kanye love Kanye at least twice a day, sometimes more.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  40. #14440
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Since when are savage and "welfare queen" racist terms?
  41. #14441
    They're not, and anyone who insists they are can suck my massive black cock.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  42. #14442
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    Since when did massive mean tiny and black mean blue?
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  43. #14443
    welfare queen is pretty racist. also sexist

    it's in the undertones. view things bluntly and it doesn't look racist or sexist, but the nuances are heavy
  44. #14444
    Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    I prefer the oxford comma because it makes more obvious sense to me. You've got a list? Break 'em up with commas.
    It's best left as optional. In fact, every grammar "rule" is best left as optional. As someone who is both a technical writer and a creative writer, I can attest to the fact that it is MUCH easier to write a clear, smooth sentence in creative writing because all words/punctuation/etc can be used on an as-needed basis.

    You should be given the leeway to prioritize commas based on where the reader most needs a break and/or direction on the logic of the sentence.

    Breaking up clauses in a complex sentence is much much much much more important than separating an item in a list that already has a conjunction, so if a list comes in the first half of a complex sentence, then you're usually best off leaving out the oxford comma. Same goes for sentences that begin with dependent clauses, eg: "Before you finish the bread, eggs or milk, add them to the grocery list."

    Oxford comma is very nice for handling nested lists because all of the items preceded by a comma neatly and subtly stand out to the reader as a member of the parent list: "I can either wear flip-flops, sandals, ballet flats, or shoes and socks."

    If there's an aside in any of the list items, the commas that set the aside apart are much more important than the Oxford comma, and having both looks messy, eg: " ... food and, most importantly of all, copious amounts of copulation."

    If you're using large, New Yorker-style sentences where each "list" item is it's own complex ecosystem, then it's usually better to use an Oxford comma because you're reader is probably looking for a breath, but if you feel the sentence is smoother without it, then DON'T USE IT DUH!

    Otherwise, I generally adhere to using as little punctuation as will get the point across clearly and smoothly. I understand the more "logical" appeal of the Oxford comma, but my style of writing is already garrulous enough--the more I can get them to the end of a sentence without pausing 10 times along the way, the better.

    Incidentally, it's a massive peeve of mine when people try to create more rules than necessary. Generalized advice is cautionary but useful enough to maybe be worth it, but the written word needs less rules, not more. The fact that we have mandates on using commas before dependent clauses and before "because" and before quoted text (the list could go on and on, and I'm just talking about commas for crissake!) already does enough damage to technical writing; just live and let live the few remaining spots where we get options.

    (Yes, my opinions are so boring that I'm emphatically anti-categoricalist even when it comes to grammar.)
  45. #14445
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    Why are you all dissecting me calling someone an attention whore as if it's the biggest insult possible and as a result that makes her a horrible person.

    I have very close friends who are attention whores, it's definitely not a good character trait but it's hardly an awful one either.
    Well, "attention whore" is a pretty derogatory term. Denotation isn't everything, and not everyone can guess what your own specialized denotations are anyway for such a colloquial term.

    It's like calling someone a niggerfaggot. You can't just be like, "What? They're black and they're gay. I'm not saying those are bad things. If you're saying it's bad to be a niggerfaggot, then you're the racist homophobe."

    Completely different scale, obviously, but the same logic applies.
  46. #14446
    omg im just reminded of stimpack niggerspeed

    wtf happened to epoc or ipoz or whatever his name was
  47. #14447
    i'm, for the most part, very prejudiced against people that don't use the oxford comma.

    melikey positive attention and make no apologies for enjoying it or intending to receive it. although i suppose those that clamor for it in pathetic and overt ways is pretty sad. but that speaks more to their insecurity or w/e void is in their soul, and i wish them the best in finding a balance.

    every day i worry about when the fuck i'm gonna stop worrying about everything.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
  48. #14448
    percentage of women who get called attention whores at some point in their lives: 98

    percentage of women who make an ass out of themselves when seeking attention: 18?
  49. #14449
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post

    melikey positive attention and make no apologies for enjoying it or intending to receive it.


    you have nice hair. but you are greek.

    ?wut
  50. #14450
    Quote Originally Posted by surviva316 View Post
    Well, "attention whore" is a pretty derogatory term. Denotation isn't everything, and not everyone can guess what your own specialized denotations are anyway for such a colloquial term.

    It's like calling someone a niggerfaggot. You can't just be like, "What? They're black and they're gay. I'm not saying those are bad things. If you're saying it's bad to be a niggerfaggot, then you're the racist homophobe."

    Completely different scale, obviously, but the same logic applies.
    No it's not because being an attention whore is a bad thing, being black and gay aren't bad things. So I wouldn't use derogatory terms linked to those two things.

    Here is my scale of personality traits.

    <best --- great --- good --- neutral --- bad --- awful --- worst>
    <----------------------------------|---------|---------------->

    Is about the range I'd put on it. I do admit though that there has only been a small sample statistically speaking in this research but new data is being collected all the time and being used to improve our results.
  51. #14451
    banana.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  52. #14452
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    i'm, for the most part, very prejudiced against people that don't use the oxford comma.
    You really should utilise capital latters before judging people for their grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  53. #14453
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You really should utilise capital latters before judging people for their grammar.
    utilize capital letters you say

    ?wut
  54. #14454
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    and unto thee i share my secrets of writting! all hail stephen fry!



    ?wut
  55. #14455
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    i'm, for the most part, very prejudiced against people that don't use the oxford comma.

    melikey positive attention and make no apologies for enjoying it or intending to receive it. although i suppose those that clamor for it in pathetic and overt ways is pretty sad. but that speaks more to their insecurity or w/e void is in their soul, and i wish them the best in finding a balance.

    every day i worry about when the fuck i'm gonna stop worrying about everything.
    It might be worth noting that Associated Press style, the style guide required for almost all serious forms of media in the United States and a number of other parts of the world, dictates that the Oxford comma is dropped. The original reason for this is that it uses less space. It's something that took a lot of getting used to.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 07-15-2014 at 08:27 PM.
  56. #14456
    a500lbgorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    28,082
    Location
    himself fucker.
    #Living Language
  57. #14457
    Quote Originally Posted by ImSavy View Post
    No it's not because being an attention whore is a bad thing, being black and gay aren't bad things. So I wouldn't use derogatory terms linked to those two things.

    Here is my scale of personality traits.

    <best --- great --- good --- neutral --- bad --- awful --- worst>
    <----------------------------------|---------|---------------->

    Is about the range I'd put on it. I do admit though that there has only been a small sample statistically speaking in this research but new data is being collected all the time and being used to improve our results.
    I understand, but the point is that "attention whore" is much closer to the "worst" part of the scale as calling a woman a "whore" is about the worst thing you can call them. Saying someone's "desperate for attention" seems much more accurate, if that's what you're going for. (There's probably a more important point than severity, though, and that there are a certain class of words that imply that you're judging or dismissing someone as a whole instead of deriding a characteristic, but I'm not certain that works, and I can't be fucked to think it through).

    Not that accuracy is the only consideration that goes into the words we use. I've been known to call my butter a cunt-knuckle for not spreading evenly enough, and I stand by the fact that that was exactly the right expletive to shout at that obstinate square of churned cream, damnit! But you also shouldn't be too surprised when people "don't get it" or think you're being offensive or overly harsh.

    All THAT being said, this is merely a Randomness Thread on the interwebz.
  58. #14458
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You really should utilise capital latters before judging people for their grammar.
    Lol no. I'm on a forum, not writing an essay. I don't judge people's internet grammar on casual social networks ever. My profession is editorial. I know how to write. (the capital letters here are a function of being on my phone, not trying to appease a silly criticism)
  59. #14459
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreymcfate View Post
    Lol no. I'm on a forum, not writing an essay. I don't judge people's internet grammar on casual social networks ever. My profession is editorial. I know how to write. (the capital letters here are a function of being on my phone, not trying to appease a silly criticism)
    I hope you know I was joking. I don't care if you use capital letters or not. My pet grammar hate is an inability to correctly use apostrophes, something which you are not guilty of. I totally judge people who type "your" when it should be "you're", or "would of" instead of "would've". These people should be forced to go back to fucking school.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  60. #14460
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    WHY SO PUSHY RED CROSS? On a side note guess who all of you have to be nice to tomorrow!

    ?wut
  61. #14461
    Not you

  62. #14462
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I hope you know I was joking.
    Well I didn't know lol, but now I do
  63. #14463
    I am a fan of cats.
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  64. #14464
  65. #14465
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Fanny pack city.

    Mick Foley had a big announcement not that long ago. It was that he was bringing back the fanny pack.
  66. #14466
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Fanny pack city.

    Mick Foley had a big announcement not that long ago. It was that he was bringing back the fanny pack.
    I can understand the gripe of not being able to carry around a lot because men can't have purses so they look for other options but tbh I can carry enough with just my pockets. And I only lost a cell phone once this year so far so that's working out well.
  67. #14467
    rong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,033
    Location
    behind you with an axe
    Meh, phone, wallet and keys (plus fags sometimes) is a lot when it's summer and you don't have a coat. On holiday I had a small material bag, about the size of a typical paperback book, that I used when going through airports to keep passports etc in. I grew quite attached to it. Real handy if your just wearing boardies or something with limited pocket space.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
  68. #14468
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvance View Post
    I can understand the gripe of not being able to carry around a lot because men can't have purses so they look for other options but tbh I can carry enough with just my pockets. And I only lost a cell phone once this year so far so that's working out well.
    Men don't need to carry around a fuckload of dumb shit since we don't use makeup (at least the liberals and the feminists haven't pushed that yet) and don't need 14 different half-eaten packs of gum with us at all times.
  69. #14469
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    NEEDLES ARE TERRIFYING IVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE YET AGAIN!

    ?wut
  70. #14470
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    NEEDLES ARE TERRIFYING IVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE YET AGAIN!
    STI screenings? Wait 'til they break out the cotton swab. You don't even wanna know ... oh, what's that? Haha, no, that's a cute guess. When you find out where it's going, you'll wish it were going up your arsehole.
  71. #14471
    lol lawd gawd

    dats all
    daaaaatsss all, cause laaaaaaaaaaaawd gawd
    I will destroy you with sunshine and kittens.
  72. #14472
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    You all have to be nice to me for 24hrs!

    ?wut
  73. #14473
    bikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,423
    Location
    house
    Ladies send selfies to me. Gentlemen I appreciate the gesture but please send all dick pics to ongbonga

    ?wut
  74. #14474
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Men don't need to carry around a fuckload of dumb shit since we don't use makeup (at least the liberals and the feminists haven't pushed that yet) and don't need 14 different half-eaten packs of gum with us at all times.
    lololol on what planet would feminists and liberals push for men to wear make-up?? the only thing we would "push" for is tolerance of those who don't follow traditional gender norms. we're not trying to abolish gender norms.

    another practical reason for purses (disregarding for a moment the role fashion plays in our society and how it's marketed to men and women): women are more likely to wear dresses and outfits without pockets. also, men's jeans tend to have deeper pockets, better for carrying around something as valuable as a wallet. women's pants usually have shallow pockets.
    Free your mind and your ass will follow.
  75. #14475
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    The systematic feminization of males is the current number one threat to civilization.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •