Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,286,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

***Official You Say You Want a MAGA-lution Thread***

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1

    Default ***Official You Say You Want a MAGA-lution Thread***

    So it looks like there are plans to reprise the MAGA protests on inaugaration day, and to protest at all the state capitols too.

    15,000 National Guard are planned to be mobilized, with possibly other law enforcement officers as well.

    Over/under on how many yallqaeda corpses there will be in D.C. by the dawn's early light on Jan. 21st?

    Also, which states' capitals do you expect the most shit to go down at? My money's on GA since they have a videotape and everything.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 01-12-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #2
    Also, for any FBI/MI5/Interpol agents who happen to be monitoring banana's online activity, I personally do not endorse any form of violent protest at all.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  3. #3
  4. #4
    I wouldn't go withing 500 miles of one of those things. Unfortunately my state is only 90 miles wide, so I'm going to have to dig deep under ground to get far enough away.
  5. #5
    Do you want to set the over/under on the longest prison sentence resulting from those demonstrations?

    If it were me, I'd set the post at 32.5 years.
  6. #6
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,471
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Solid meme.

    I look forward to the coming geological discoveries resulting from your ~500 mile deep hole.
    (Note: the Kola borehole is ~7.6 miles deep. At that depth, the heat and pressure makes the rock behave more like cork than a brittle solid.)
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  7. #7
    The guy who killed the cop is getting sentenced to death, or life imprisonment. Or the guy who gets framed for it, if they can't figure out who did it.

    Let's see how "mostly peaceful" this event is. I'll make sure I'm stocked up with weed and biscuits.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  8. #8
    I think a 500 mile deep hole would be too hot. The pressure at the bottom would be ridiculously intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The guy who killed the cop is getting sentenced to death, or life imprisonment. Or the guy who gets framed for it, if they can't figure out who did it.
    they don't need to figure out who did it. Just charge everyone

    https://wtop.com/dc/2021/01/prosecut...fficers-death/
  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    they don't need to figure out who did it. Just charge everyone

    https://wtop.com/dc/2021/01/prosecut...fficers-death/
    Imagine if they applied this to the cop the BLM looter shot. You were protesting in the same vicinity? Murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  11. #11


    I can't decide my favorite moment. Was it when she called everyone a cracker? how about Chuck saying "Can we remove her? No, ok".

    threatening Pelosi's vineyards.....that's diabolical!
  12. #12
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,471
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Imagine if they applied this to the cop the BLM looter shot. You were protesting in the same vicinity? Murder.
    The difference, as noted in the article, is that protesting is not a criminal offense. Similarly, entering the capitol is not a criminal offense. However, entering the capitol with the intent to commit a crime, or to abet in others committing crimes is a criminal offense.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    The difference, as noted in the article, is that protesting is not a criminal offense. Similarly, entering the capitol is not a criminal offense. However, entering the capitol with the intent to commit a crime, or to abet in others committing crimes is a criminal offense.
    Translation....we can make it a crime if we want to depending on who you vote for.
  14. #14
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,471
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Though, if the video of that cop getting wedged in the door is the same situation and cop that caused the death (I'm not 100% clear on the link, there), then I don't think even felony murder is appropriate, in my very naive understanding of the law.

    It didn't look like that crowd was trying to kill anyone. They were surging their bodies forward against the police line. They wanted "through" the line, not to cause bodily harm to anyone. I don't recall seeing thrown bottles, or fireworks like I saw over and over in the BLM protests. Not necessarily indicating that was intended to harm someone in riot gear, but even that level of "attacking" the police was absent from the video I saw - again, if that's the video of this instance.


    Seems to me like manslaughter is a more appropriate charge. Meaning that what you did was recklessly negligent and was not unlikely to cause serious injury to another person, and you *should* have known better, but alas, you were just being stupid and not murderous, so the penalty is not the same.


    Like drunk driving is often prosecuted as involuntary manslaughter if there's a vehicular accident and anyone is injured.


    Again... I am just guessing, here... connecting some dots on my own, and not at all well acquainted with the specific laws in DC.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Translation....we can make it a crime if we want to depending on who they claim you voted for.
    fyp
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  16. #16
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,471
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Translation....we can make it a crime if we want to depending on who you vote for.
    No... more like... you need to prove motive in a lot of cases.

    The example in the article is the common one about a robbery and the getaway driver being charged with felony murder even though they did not have a gun and weren't in the store at the time. They are complicit accomplices in that it was reasonably likely to assume that engaging in such an activity as armed robbery would result in the loss of life. Ergo claiming that you were not complicit in that act is not holding up in court.


    In the BLM protests and in the capitol protest, you have to prove that the people who committed the actions that resulted in the loss of life had a reasonable expectation to assume that their actions, or the actions of their accomplices (not a clear line in this case) would result in loss of life.


    It's the same rule in both cases, and my point was that it was probably correctly applied more often than not during the BLM protests, and I expect a similar outcome from this protest. The notion that anyone in the video I saw was trying to kill the cop is dubious at best. The person who was manhandling that cop's gas mask and yanking the cop's head around is maybe one we could mark as committing actions that any reasonable person could expect to cause harm to that cop. You can't go yanking someone head back and forth and not expect some injury, potentially severe injury... but that's still not a murder charge, IMO.

    How the lawyers interpret that act, and how "complicit" that makes the people near that act were, and for how wide a radius that complicitness extends is all speculation right now.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    The difference, as noted in the article, is that protesting is not a criminal offense. Similarly, entering the capitol is not a criminal offense. However, entering the capitol with the intent to commit a crime, or to abet in others committing crimes is a criminal offense.
    Entering the Capitol might be a criminal offence, idk if criminal trespass is a thing in USA but it wouldn't surprise me. But it's got to be a minor offence at worst, akin to trespass on a railway in the UK. Worthy of a fine.

    I mean, anyone who is seen encouraging someone to attack a cop, I can't sympathise with them if they get charged with abetting, but just being nearby is a whole different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post

    How the lawyers interpret that act, and how "complicit" that makes the people near that act were, and for how wide a radius that complicitness extends is all speculation right now.
    I don't think the cop in the doorway is the one who died - at least they don't look the same.

    Also, the guy who cranked the cop in the head* with a fire extinguisher certainly could get 2D murder. That's not exactly a whoopsie.


    * I'm assuming it was a blow to the head that killed him, as it's hard to imagine another lethal place to hit someone with a heavy object.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    I can't decide my favorite moment. Was it when she called everyone a cracker? how about Chuck saying "Can we remove her? No, ok".
    "Adolf Hitler was a socialist."
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  20. #20
    National Guard sleeping in the Capitol. Six more days to find out whose side they're on!


    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  21. #21
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,660
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Happy new year y'all. I hope I did not miss too much.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  22. #22
    Happy New Year Jack!

    The MAGA-lution is gathering steam...

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  23. #23
    Oh wait, they might not need it after all.

    https://twitter.com/ChrisCardsFan/st...055044/photo/1
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  24. #24
    A 22 year old kid, basically a baby by today's standards, is an enthusiastic gun owner. He's been known to carry his holstered gun openly everywhere he goes. He's permitted and legal in his local jurisdiction.

    But today he wandered a little too close to DC and got nabbed a checkpoint. Apparently you need different licenses and permits to carry a gun in DC. He didn't know because he's a kid and he's dumb. It wasn't concealed, the gun could easily be seen on his hip. He wasn't trying to hide it. He's just a dumb kid who made a boo boo.

    Headline: "Avowed Trump Supporter, armed, arrested at security checkpoint ahead of inauguration"

    Used to be you could divide whatever the media said by 5, and that's about how much truth was in it.

    Now you need to divide everything you see and read by 30.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •