Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,287,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** Official Politics Shitposting Thread ***

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
Results 2,851 to 2,871 of 2871
  1. #2851
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    You call it 'evidence', but it's a coordinated media hoax meant to fool you.
    Good that you added that in there for clarity. Otherwise I mighta wondered what the purpose of a hoax was.
  2. #2852
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    blah blah blah
    You're already admitted there's more cost effective ways to police the border than the Wall. Your main remaining reason for building it are so Trump can fulfill his promise, while simultaneously not fullfilling his promise about Mexico paying for it.

    Your other reason is that a Wall is more effective than no Wall. That's pretty advanced thinking there, and I congratulate you for it. However, a robot army armed with lasers would be even more effective, so why not do that AND the Wall if you really want to waste the taxpayer's money?
  3. #2853
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Why do you insist he isn't if it doesn't matter?
    I don't. I just don't think he's enough of a racist for it to matter.
  4. #2854
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    You're already admitted there's more cost effective ways to police the border than the Wall. Your main remaining reason for building it are so Trump can fulfill his promise, while simultaneously not fullfilling his promise about Mexico paying for it.
    Dude, we've been over this many times. A wall is permanent, those other "more cost effective ways" are not.
  5. #2855
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,675
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Do you think Trump has built more, an equal amount, or less wall than Obama so far?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  6. #2856
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Do you think Trump has built more, an equal amount, or less wall than Obama so far?
    Depends on what you mean by "wall". If you're talking about an effective barrier to effectively stop immigration between ports of entry, then the score is tied. They've both built 0.

    If you're talking about mere wall-shaped obstacles, I don't give a fuck what the score is. Trump and Obama are not operating in anywhere near the same environment
  7. #2857
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,675
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    Trump and Obama are not operating in anywhere near the same environment
    Huh?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  8. #2858
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Huh?
    I think he means there wasn't a refugee crisis during Obama's time. But now zomgcaravans are going to become a permanent occurrence at the border from here to eternity.
  9. #2859
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I think he means there wasn't a refugee crisis during Obama's time. But now zomgcaravans are going to become a permanent occurrence at the border from here to eternity.
    That's part of it. The numbers don't lie. 60,000 people a month is too fucking many. Obama never had to deal with that.

    Also, the opioid crisis wasn't nearly the monolith it is today, so the urgency is different.

    But mostly I was referring to the fact that Obama operated in a world where there was such a thing as honest disagreement. You didn't have to agree with Obama, but he was president, and that meant something. Trump is in a completely different situation. He has every partisan politician working in concert with academia and the news media to challenge everything he does on contrived moral grounds, leaving no room for honest disagreement or compromise. That's a completely new phenomenon for American legislating.
  10. #2860
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    Trump is in a completely different situation. He has every partisan politician working in concert with academia and the news media to challenge everything he does on contrived moral grounds, leaving no room for honest disagreement or compromise. That's a completely new phenomenon for American legislating.
    Pretty sure if Obama had starting separating families on a regular basis he would have heard some criticism about it.

    Also, this is overall a pretty lame argument. Obama got lambasted all the time on Fox and by the right.
  11. #2861
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Pretty sure if Obama had starting separating families on a regular basis he would have heard some criticism about it.
    Oh, is that what did it? Were the DC elites and the mainstream media open minded and fair before that??
  12. #2862
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Also, this is overall a pretty lame argument. Obama got lambasted all the time on Fox and by the right.
    That's not the point. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan still came to the table and negotiated legislation. Things still happened.

    In the old days, if Trump wanted 5B for a border wall, he would get it. The Dems would do their demagoguery against it, but ultimately it would pass, and in return the Dems would get something they want. That's called compromise and it's how the business of government should be done.

    Now, Trump wants a wall, and the opposition says "No it's immoral, fuck you, we'll never let you win anything because ORANGE MAN BAD".

    When the family separations were happening, Trump's response was "Hey I'm just enforcing the law. If you don't like the law, change it".

    Then Republicans proposed new legislation. It passed the senate. Trump said he would sign it. And the house, led by democrats, said "NOPE, no way we will let you have a victory on this. You're gonna have to change it by executive order so it looks like it's your fault. And by the way, when you do, we're gonna bust your ass for taking too long to do it, even though we are solely responsible for the delay"

    That shit actually happened man.
    Last edited by TheSpoonald; 04-23-2019 at 02:51 PM.
  13. #2863
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    That's not the point. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan still came to the table and negotiated legislation. Things still happened.
    Hmm, did they? How about that SCJ they refused to consider? Seems like a pretty big deal there.



    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post

    Now, Trump wants a wall, and the opposition says "No it's immoral, fuck you, we'll never let you win anything because ORANGE MAN BAD".

    When the family separations were happening, Trump's response was "Hey I'm just enforcing the law. If you don't like the law, change it".

    Then Republicans proposed new legislation. It passed the senate. Trump said he would sign it. And the house, led by democrats, said "NOPE, no way we will let you have a victory on this. You're gonna have to change it by executive order so it looks like it's your fault. And by the way, when you do, we're gonna bust your ass for taking too long to do it, even though we are solely responsible for the delay"

    That shit actually happened man.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, based on your argument style, that that's probably not a full and accurate representation of what happened.
  14. #2864
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,675
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpoonald View Post
    That's part of it. The numbers don't lie. 60,000 people a month is too fucking many. Obama never had to deal with that.

    Also, the opioid crisis wasn't nearly the monolith it is today, so the urgency is different.

    But mostly I was referring to the fact that Obama operated in a world where there was such a thing as honest disagreement. You didn't have to agree with Obama, but he was president, and that meant something. Trump is in a completely different situation. He has every partisan politician working in concert with academia and the news media to challenge everything he does on contrived moral grounds, leaving no room for honest disagreement or compromise. That's a completely new phenomenon for American legislating.
    If that's true, why is Trump building so much less wall than Obama? Shouldn't he be building more?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  15. #2865
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,675
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    He couldn't get a deal when he had the house and the senate. Didn't that fail because they couldn't bring themselves to give daca protections to dreamers?

    He could have had wall funding if he wasn't such a racist piece of shit retard. Oh and btw, turns out he didn't even end up spending the money he got. 3 years in: 0 wall built, but tax payers did pay for it! How's that for an epic troll!
    Last edited by oskar; 04-23-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  16. #2866
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    He couldn't get a deal when he had the house and the senate. Didn't that fail because they couldn't bring themselves to give daca protections to dreamers?
    I'm not sure I recall legislation on border security being considered during Trump's first two years. Paul Ryan kinda convinced Trump to focus on taxes, supreme court judges, and repealing obamacare. McCain fucked that last one up because he's a miserable self indulgent shitstain of a senator.
  17. #2867
    Wait, Obama was building a wall? Why weren't the left utterly outraged? Was the wall designed to keep immigrants in USA, stop them fleeing back to Mexico? Or was it a little garden wall, just to look nice?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  18. #2868
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Wait, Obama was building a wall? Why weren't the left utterly outraged?
    Funny how that works huh.

    Remember when the media collectively soiled their diapers because there were pictures of kids in an indoor fenced structure or "cage" inside of a border detention facility? Remember how loudly they screamed ORANGE MAN BAD!!??

    Do you also remember how quietly they retracted that story....when it was proven that the pictures were taken in 2015!!!
    Last edited by TheSpoonald; 04-23-2019 at 06:21 PM.
  19. #2869
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,675
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Wait, Obama was building a wall? Why weren't the left utterly outraged? Was the wall designed to keep immigrants in USA, stop them fleeing back to Mexico? Or was it a little garden wall, just to look nice?
    Democrats aren't against border security, they're against a dumbfuck concrete wall from sea to sea.

    Up until after the shutdown Trump insisted on the wall being concrete, 30 feet high and to range across the entire border - mountain ranges, lakes, private property, everything. It was estimated to cost 16 billion to built, take decades to finish and would cost billions in maintenance every year. That is what he shut down the government for. It wasn't until he lost badly that he said: A fence really is a kind of wall, and it has a concrete base, so that counts, and we won't build any of it, but I'll tweet out pictures of a construction site and his dumbass base will eat it up, and that is exactly what happened: https://www.vox.com/2019/2/21/182346...tion-explained

    I think he himself underestimated how impressionable his devotees are. He never needed to build a wall. All he has to do is lie about it.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  20. #2870
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Democrats aren't against border security, they're against a dumbfuck concrete wall from sea to sea.
    Once upon a time, there was an average of 6,353 people illegally crossing from Serbia into Hungary every day.

    Then they built a wall

    A week later, the average was 29 per day.

    Walls fucking work.
  21. #2871
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/46403...man-daily-wire

    I'm really not in the pro-life camp at all, so alot of this is lost on me. But the way he describes the dynamic between the woman and the uber driver is pretty chilling, and true.

    I hate Uber, but I'm on their side on this. The guy deserved to get fired. But the fact that this woman is suing him for damages is beyond my understanding. I can't believe a person thinks like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •