Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,264,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** Official Politics Shitposting Thread ***

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 900 of 1250
  1. #826
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    No. You know about yourself. You know what you are thinking, what you observe, what you prefer, what you remember, etc.
    Whether these bits of knowledge are worth believing is another question entirely. If your perceptions are being fooled is not known, but what you perceive is known.
    Some of these assertions are questionable but in general it's saying your experience is what it is.

    Any idea that an experience (or any future recollection of it for that matter) is reflecting an objective 'truth' with a high degree of fidelity is provably false, the simplest example of that being an optical illusion. A more subtle examples would be the kinds of fine motor adjustments people make that occur before they are consciously aware of either the need to make them or the fact that they are making them.

    Moreover, knowing what you are thinking does not imply you know why you're thinking it at a basic level. A lot of thought is reconstructive in the sense that it amounts to the thinker trying to convince themselves they are a sensible being living in an understandable world, interpretable within their frame of reference..
  2. #827
  3. #828
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    They folded like a blanket.

    ART OF THE DEAL
  4. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    They folded like a blanket.

    ART OF THE DEAL
    The hilarious part is that I'm seeing a lot of dems tout alot of BS about a "victory" for CHIP and DACA.

    What keeps not getting mentioned is that they were offered that same deal on Friday and decided to shut the government down anyway.
  5. #830
  6. #831
    Weren't all the remaining teams in the playoffs at one point all non-kneelers?
  7. #832
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Weren't all the remaining teams in the playoffs at one point all non-kneelers?
    I know some Patriots were kneelers at one point in the season. Though that was the week Trump opened his mouth about it and just about everyone knelt.

    I think most teams/players got the message that kneeling during the anthem accomplishes nothing in terms of communicating the message they actually want to communicate.

    Last week I saw the Patriots all stand side-by-side, right hand on their heart, left hand on the shoulder of the person next to them. Not sure if there was a message or demonstration in that or what. Maybe it's just a 'team unity' thing. I only saw it last week, but they don't usually televise the anthem anyway, so I probably wouldn't have noticed on any other week.
  8. #833
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    I'm like lol keep fucking around and embarrassing yourself and your team. That'll go well.
  9. #834
  10. #835
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    What's amazing to me is that I think that there is so much intense hatred of Trump that some people are constructing delusions and acting them out just to prove their egos are correct. I mean, is there much of a chance that NBC would undergo such a glaringly stupid operation and make such mistakes otherwise?

    At this rate, Peaceful and Beloved Kim Jong-un could run for US President and probably get 45% of the vote.
  11. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    At this rate, Peaceful and Beloved Kim Jong-un could run for US President and probably get 45% of the vote.
    He does have some very effective policies to combat obesity.
  12. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    He does have some very effective policies to combat obesity.
    And look at how well he has stood up to a warmongering tyrant meanie.
  13. #838
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP LOL SUCK IT LOSERS BERNIE 2020 MY ASS
  14. #839
    i give it maybe 2% chance clinton and obama will face criminal charges.
  15. #840
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    LOCK HER UP
  16. #841
    barry is the bigger criminal.

    any ordinary citizen would get life for spying like that.
  17. #842
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    CUCK NEWS NETWORK

    IT'S, LIKE, VERY FAKE NEWS
  18. #843
    cookie cutter news
  19. #844
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    cookie cutter news
    lol
  20. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    CUCK NEWS NETWORK

    IT'S, LIKE, VERY FAKE NEWS
    I had it on while I was cooking dinner yesterday. They can't go 8 seconds without using the word "impeachment"

    They were also tickled with themselves for reporting that the FBI lovers texts about a "secret society" was "probably just a joke"

    Since when is "probably" worth reporting as news?

    It's also worth mentioning that they had no source with any familiarity with the situation making that determination. They had no clue what the joke might have been about, or why it was supposed to be funny. They just spent 15 minutes roasting republicans for seeing monsters under the bed.

    Trey Gowdy told Fox something like "I'm an investigator, and when I see people talking about "secret society", I'm compelled to ask them what they meant"

    There is no accusation or innuendo whatsoever in that statement. There isn't even a hint of suspicion. He's just stating a fact about the evidence he was given, and that his job is to follow up. Factual, measured, professional. Yet CNN played that clip as if he was some crackpot conspiracy theorist chasing ghosts.
  21. #846
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    Advertising dollars and political influence are the incentives. Everything else just follows from that.
  22. #847
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/2...ess-it-happens

    And everybody better pony up some extra taxes so the government can afford to send more people to college to get stupid.
  23. #848
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/2...ess-it-happens

    And everybody better pony up some extra taxes so the government can afford to send more people to college to get stupid.
    Brilliant.
  24. #849
    I've seen others. The best one so far asked Bernie supporters to comment on Trump policies, except the policies they cited were actually Bernie's.
  25. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    I've seen others. The best one so far asked Bernie supporters to comment on Trump policies, except the policies they cited were actually Bernie's.
    This is the typical misinformation campaign that the oppressor uses in an effort to take advantage of disadvantaged people to try to discredit the fact that they are oppressed by a society that systematically cuts them off at the knees at every opportunity.
    Resist.
  26. #851
    Cute Couple

  27. #852
    This whole Rob Porter situation just feels like the Dems are desperate for a scandal.
  28. #853
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,368
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    This whole Rob Porter situation just feels like the Dems are desperate for a scandal.
    Yep.
  29. #854
    Stormy Daniels is going to "tell her story"

    I can only imagine her story is "I'm a slut who fucks rich guys"

    But there is a more interesting story here. After two years of incessant and downright nasty media bullying, Melania is about to become the most sympathetic figure in America.
  30. #855
    Evangelicals sold their soul to beat Hillary. Now it looks like they want it back.

    Anyone else notice that Mike Lindell, the 'My Pillow Guy', shows off a crucifix in the new commercials?
  31. #856
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Evangelicals sold their soul to beat Hillary.
    They did? How so?
  32. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    They did? How so?
    They supported a guy who was a democrat for the first 3/4 of his life, is obviously pro-choice despite his recent claims during the campaign, has multiple divorces, and countless allegations of adultery.

    maybe 'sold their soul' isn't a perfectly apt phrase.

    But they clearly decided that they do not need a President to be a moral leader. They decided Jesus was enough for that purpose. I think there was a clear shift where voting stopped being about values, and all about policy.

    I'm predicting that will result in a lot more preachy-ness to compensate. And right now, exhibit A is the Pillow Guy
    Last edited by BananaStand; 02-25-2018 at 10:33 AM.
  33. #858
    who is the pillow guy? what are these evangelicals doing that shows they want their souls back now?
  34. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    who is the pillow guy?
    Are you serious here? You haven't heard of "My Pillow"?

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    what are these evangelicals doing that shows they want their souls back now?
    For the third time now.....

    They gave up having elections as a platform for preaching. they're going to find other ways to put jesus in your face.
  35. #860
  36. #861
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    How do these illiterate fucks get jobs writing articles for news companies? Oh yeah, by being shamelessly biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  37. #862
    They are rapidly running out of credible ways to criticize Trump on policy, fitness for office, mental stability, and criminal fantasies. Now they are trying to find inconsistencies in Trump's virtue signaling

    Trump says he wouldn't shit his pants if he were in the shoes of an armed, trained, and sworn peace officer. But that cant be true cuz he was startled by an eagle once while sitting in his office.

    If this is the shit they're spewing now....what's gonna be left by 2020?
  38. #863
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    I don't give a crap if he would or wouldn't go running into a school unarmed to contront a gunman. We've all made bravado comments like that, he's echoing what tens of millions of people are saying in USA after it turned out that cop stood outside holding his dick. It doesn't matter if it's sincere, it reflects public outrage.

    Of course, Trump is more worthy of their contempt for what he said than the cop who did nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  39. #864
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    They are rapidly running out of credible ways to criticize Trump on policy, fitness for office, mental stability, and criminal fantasies. Now they are trying to find inconsistencies in Trump's virtue signaling

    Trump says he wouldn't shit his pants if he were in the shoes of an armed, trained, and sworn peace officer. But that cant be true cuz he was startled by an eagle once while sitting in his office.

    If this is the shit they're spewing now....what's gonna be left by 2020?
    Is this new though? These low thinkers have always gone petty.
  40. #865
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Is this new though? These low thinkers have always gone petty.
    Cherry picking.
  41. #866
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Is this new though? These low thinkers have always gone petty.
    I don't know man. We might be witnessing a new low
  42. #867
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/asia/...ntl/index.html

    This reads like democrat fan-fiction.

    I kinda hope it's true though. I hope she actually has videos of Trump getting kinky with Russian hookers.

    I can't wait to see Elizabeth Warren's stupid stunned face and concession speech when Trump still wins
  43. #868
    While he's complimenting his favorite gorilla Ook Ook on his hitting technique.
  44. #869
    The whole video is good, but the best part starts at 3:57. Watch Tucker's face

    https://youtu.be/zsu7wGbpzmo
  45. #870
    Trump in televised meeting about gun control



    Trump meeting with the NRA behind closed doors



    Trump after NRA meeting
  46. #871
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    The whole video is good, but the best part starts at 3:57. Watch Tucker's face

    https://youtu.be/zsu7wGbpzmo
    One thing Tucker is not quite correct on is the overpopulation causing high cost of living. That's not true, though statistics will show that *association* (doesn't mean causation). It would have been better if instead Tucker related that to how the politicians and the voters have made the cost of living in California extremely high by restricting housing. That's probably the main driver of the cost of living heights in California. Interesting to note, Texas also has a ton of immigration from Latin America and it has a burgeoning tech hub like Silicon Valley, yet its cost of living is quite low. This is because Texas has much more free housing policy.

    On a side point, if California was a real free market, its housing costs would probably become so low that they would compare to some places like Wyoming. But that would mean no more views for the incumbent owners of housing and very little skyline, both due to tall-ass apartment complexes one after another after another.
  47. #872
    California doesn't restrict housing. You can set up a tent wherever you want
  48. #873
    Did hollywood really just go through a year of feminist revolution and then give an Oscar to Kobe Bryant??

    Did that really happen??
  49. #874
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    "Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."
    Murky...

    I had no idea who he is, had to google that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  50. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Murky....
    It's a lot less murky than other incidents that have been used as a basis to destroy people's careers.
  51. #876
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    In fairness, I'm of the opinion that the Oscars are given out based on merit, not based on character. They are Acadamy Awards, not morality prizes.

    I have no idea if he's deserving of his award.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  52. #877
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...DAr?li=BBnb7Kz

    I'm stunned that there are professional journalists out there that would actually have the balls to cite Christopher Steele as a credible source of news.
  53. #878
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,579
    Location
    Finding my game
    So what exactly do you mean by him not being a credible source?

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...p-dossier.html
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

    You wake me up early in the morning to tell me that I'm right? Please wait until I'm wrong.

  54. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    So what exactly do you mean by him not being a credible source?

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...p-dossier.html
    Did you even read the link you posted?
  55. #880
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,579
    Location
    Finding my game
    Of course I did. I ask again, what exactly do you mean by him not being a credible source?
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

    You wake me up early in the morning to tell me that I'm right? Please wait until I'm wrong.

  56. #881
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    Of course I did. I ask again, what exactly do you mean by him not being a credible source?
    His efforts were financed by Hillary. Everything he did, every piece of "research" that he compiled was financially incentivized to benefit Hillary and hurt Trump.

    He is quoted by DOJ officials as saying he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.”

    The sources of much of the information in his dossier are known Clinton associates like Sydney Blumenthal.

    Steele was FIRED by the FBI for leaking to the press in an effort to use his work to enhance his personal fame.

    And let's not forget the simple fact that much of the information reported by Steele are obvious blatant fantasies. For example, he alleges that Carter Page facilitated meetings between Trump and the Russians, and in return Page was given an ownership stake in a Russian energy firm. That sounds plausible until you realize that the reported shares would be worth $11 billion fucking dollars!!! Yet instead of living the lifestyle of a Russian billionaire.... Page is making a living doing appearances on Hannity.
  57. #882
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,579
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    His efforts were financed by Hillary. Everything he did, every piece of "research" that he compiled was financially incentivized to benefit Hillary and hurt Trump.

    He is quoted by DOJ officials as saying he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.”

    The sources of much of the information in his dossier are known Clinton associates like Sydney Blumenthal.
    You make it sound like I shouldn't trust FOX on their reporting on democrats.

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Steele was FIRED by the FBI for leaking to the press in an effort to use his work to enhance his personal fame.
    Or he leaked the data as retaliation for Comey opening the investigation on Hillary at the end of the campaign and the FBI never paying him for his job.

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    And let's not forget the simple fact that much of the information reported by Steele are obvious blatant fantasies. For example, he alleges that Carter Page facilitated meetings between Trump and the Russians, and in return Page was given an ownership stake in a Russian energy firm. That sounds plausible until you realize that the reported shares would be worth $11 billion fucking dollars!!! Yet instead of living the lifestyle of a Russian billionaire.... Page is making a living doing appearances on Hannity.
    Ehh. No one claims Page got $11bn. Gazprom sold $11bn of it's shares to Glencore Plc, a multinational commodity trader, seemingly as a way to circumvent the sanctions.

    Until being fired, Steele actually had a long business relationship with the FBI and was considered a credible and reliable source. The only reason to question his credibility seems to be his anti-Trump bias. Now that's a one thing, but for example Page's congressional testimony already has corroborated many of the things in the dossier, so it's quite clearly at the very least not all bs.

    I ask again, what actual reasons are there to question Steele "as a credible source of news", besides your bias against him for attacking Trump?
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

    You wake me up early in the morning to tell me that I'm right? Please wait until I'm wrong.

  58. #883
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    I ask again, what actual reasons are there to question Steele "as a credible source of news", besides your bias against him for attacking Trump?
    Besides banana's bias? I think it's Steele's bias that makes him lack credibility. banana isn't working for Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  59. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    banana isn't working for Fox.
    ... but he parrots them regularly.
  60. #885
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    It doesn't matter. My point is that who cares if bananas is biased? He's arguing shit with a handful of people in some shitty corner of the internet, he is not influencial. Steele's bias is a different matter. He has infleunce, people read what he has to say. He has financial bias, he has political bias. He has zero credibility when it comes to matters that involve Trump, precisely zero.

    Slightly less than banana would have if he was writing an article about Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  61. #886
    So where do you imagine to find this entirely objective source of information that's never heard of Trump and has no opinion on him one way or the other?

    The person's bias is irrelevant to the evidence presented. If a cop finds a black man with a smoking gun standing over a person with a bullet in their head, it doesn't matter if he's a card-carrying racist if he argues the man with the gun is probably the murderer.

    Though I'd add it does matter because that guy's defense team will try to undermine the cop's credibility by saying he's biased and so any evidence he reports must lack credibility. Kinda like the story we're being fed about Steele.
  62. #887
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,579
    Location
    Finding my game
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

    You wake me up early in the morning to tell me that I'm right? Please wait until I'm wrong.

  63. #888
    GRRRRRR.....you're so close. But your stubbornness just won't let you embrace reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    So where do you imagine to find this entirely objective source of information that's never heard of Trump and has no opinion on him one way or the other?
    Law enforcement, but only if they have probably cause to investigate a crime. There are people who are professional investigators, bound by oath, with skin in the game, to objectively serve justice.

    That was not Steele's job. Steele's job was to dig up dirt on Trump. That is precisely what he was hired to do. Asking how you find an objective source for that is pure stupidity. As if it was ever possible that Steele would report back to Clinton that Trump was "clean as a whistle".

    The person's bias is irrelevant to the evidence presented. If a cop finds a black man with a smoking gun standing over a person with a bullet in their head, it doesn't matter if he's a card-carrying racist if he argues the man with the gun is probably the murderer.
    The bias becomes extremely relevant if you found out that before he started his shift, the cop was offered money to impugn a black person

    Though I'd add it does matter because that guy's defense team will try to undermine the cop's credibility by saying he's biased and so any evidence he reports must lack credibility.
    Fine. Let a judge hear both sides. Let a neutral arbiter of the law weigh the facts and make a decision. But the Steele dossier was used to secure a surveillance warrant on Carter Page WITHOUT the court knowing of its financial and political bias.
    Last edited by BananaStand; 03-05-2018 at 06:30 PM.
  64. #889
    *yawn*
  65. #890
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    GRRRRRR.....you're so close. But your stubbornness just won't let you embrace reason.


    Law enforcement, but only if they have probably cause to investigate a crime. There are people who are professional investigators, bound by oath, with skin in the game, to objectively serve justice.

    That was not Steele's job. Steele's job was to dig up dirt on Trump. That is precisely what he was hired to do. Asking how you find an objective source for that is pure stupidity. As if it was ever possible that Steele would report back to Clinton that Trump was "clean as a whistle".
    Regardless of the motives of those who hired him, if the evidence is damning, it's damning. Unless you can prove he fabricated the evidence, then it doesn't matter if the evidence came from Steele, Fox News, or Trump's mother-in-law. It's still evidence.



    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    The bias becomes extremely relevant if you found out that before he started his shift, the cop was offered money to impugn a black person
    What if the report of a black man with a smoking gun is corroborated by others? Do you automatically assume they're all in on the conspiracy?



    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Fine. Let a judge hear both sides. Let a neutral arbiter of the law weigh the facts and make a decision. But the Steele dossier was used to secure a surveillance warrant on Carter Page WITHOUT the court knowing of its financial and political bias.
    So says Nunes. Why is he suddenly the arbiter of truth? The same guy who ran to WH in the middle of the night to report to DJT about the investigation of him. Doesn't seem like an objective person to me.

    Just curious - did you read the dems reply to the Nunes memo?
  66. #891
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,404
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    His efforts were financed by Hillary. Everything he did, every piece of "research" that he compiled was financially incentivized to benefit Hillary and hurt Trump.
    ad hominem

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    He is quoted by DOJ officials as saying he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.”
    ad hominem

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    The sources of much of the information in his dossier are known Clinton associates like Sydney Blumenthal.
    ad hominem

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    Steele was FIRED by the FBI for leaking to the press in an effort to use his work to enhance his personal fame.
    ad hominem

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaStand View Post
    And let's not forget the simple fact that much of the information reported by Steele are obvious blatant fantasies. For example, he alleges that Carter Page facilitated meetings between Trump and the Russians, and in return Page was given an ownership stake in a Russian energy firm. That sounds plausible until you realize that the reported shares would be worth $11 billion fucking dollars!!! Yet instead of living the lifestyle of a Russian billionaire.... Page is making a living doing appearances on Hannity.
    non-sequitur / circumstancial


    Not one logical thought in this post.
  67. #892
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,404
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    It doesn't matter if the report is written by Hillary and one of Putin's aids.
    It's the content of the memo which needs to be discredited, not the motive of the people who wrote the memo.
  68. #893
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Regardless of the motives of those who hired him, if the evidence is damning, it's damning. Unless you can prove he fabricated the evidence, then it doesn't matter if the evidence came from Steele, Fox News, or Trump's mother-in-law. It's still evidence.
    What would you consider "proof of fabrication"? It is known that a lot of the information was fed to him by known Clinton associates like Sydney Blumenthal. That's like me doing a background check on a potential employee by asking his mother if he's a "good boy".

    Other parts of the dossier are so fantastical that they could only be fabricated. For example, Page getting 4 times Trump's net worth in exchange for setting up a meeting.

    Also, the FBI used all of the resources at its disposal and was not able to verify any information in the dossier. Comey described it as "salacious and unverified" AFTER he had already used it as evidence in a surveillance warrant. [ sounds like a fireable offense ]

    What if the report of a black man with a smoking gun is corroborated by others? Do you automatically assume they're all in on the conspiracy?
    Nothing in the steel dossier is corroborated. The FBI director described it as "salacious and unverified"

    So says Nunes. Why is he suddenly the arbiter of truth? The same guy who ran to WH in the middle of the night to report to DJT about the investigation of him. Doesn't seem like an objective person to me.
    It was announced this week that the DOJ has found Nunes credible enough to launch an investigation into this. There are widespread and growing calls for transcripts to be released. Eventually they will be. And we'll see what the court actually knew.

    Just curious - did you read the dems reply to the Nunes memo?
    Yes. It says "we had more of a reason to investigate Page beyond the dossier". Except it doesn't say what that is. It also says that they believe that the warrant would have been issued even without the dossier. However, the provide no other evidence that would have resulted in the warrant being issued. Furthermore, Deputy FBI Director is on record saying that there is no way they would have gotten a warrant for Page without the Steele dossier.
    Last edited by BananaStand; 03-05-2018 at 06:58 PM.
  69. #894
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    It doesn't matter if the report is written by Hillary and one of Putin's aids.
    You can not be serious

    EDIT: Do you really wanna live in a world where one competitor in an election can invent an accusation out of thin air, then back-channel it to law enforcement, and have it be credible??? You're making it really really really hard for me to stop calling you Pollyanna

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    It's the content of the memo which needs to be discredited, not the motive of the people who wrote the memo.
    The FBI attempted to verify the information in the dossier. They couldn't. Not a single word.
    Last edited by BananaStand; 03-05-2018 at 06:53 PM.
  70. #895
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    So where do you imagine to find this entirely objective source of information that's never heard of Trump and has no opinion on him one way or the other?
    No, fair point. Your average journo in London who has clearly heard of Trump and surely has an opinion is precisely as credible as someone on Clinton's payroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  71. #896
    OngBonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,032
    Location
    England
    Next you'll be saying Laura Kussenberg is a reliable source of info for British politics. Or Louise Mensch is sane.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  72. #897
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    ad hominem
    So?

    Let's say a cop gives you a bullshit ticket. Then you find out that the cop was out the night before ranting about how much he hates monkeys, and he's gonna give a ticket to any monkey he sees, no matter what.

    Would you just pay the ticket because your only defense is ad-hominem?
  73. #898
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Next you'll be saying Laura Kussenberg is a reliable source of info for British politics. Or Louise Mensch is sane.
    Well I won't be saying those things cause I don't know who those people are. Do you have a more general point?
  74. #899
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'm of the opinion that the Oscars are given out based on merit
    Even that, they're not, not well at all.

    The Oscars is professionals judging professionals. This is a skin in the game problem. You want consumers judging professionals.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 03-05-2018 at 08:35 PM.
  75. #900
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    The Oscars is professionals judging professionals. This is a skin in the game problem. You want consumers judging professionals.
    nah, consumers have no skin in the game to pick the best movies or performances. They'll just pick what's most popular. Winning will be less about strong performance, and more about how many times you were on Jimmy Fallon, or how many funny car insurance commercials you do.

    This is demonstrated whenever they have fan-voting for all-star games in sports. There's usually some superstar who is immensely popular but missed 3/4 of the season with an injury and therefore has no business in the all-star game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •