Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,256,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

Results 1 to 57 of 57
  1. #1

    Default *** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

  2. #2
  3. #3
  4. #4
  5. #5
    Can we just get rid of the idea of 'emotional support animals'?

    #maga
  6. #6
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,937
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Is the proposition that we can MAGA by insulting and ridiculing more?

    'Cause that doesn't seem like a viable approach.

    I mean, if this is a "Look at these dumb hypocrites" thread, then fine. Needs more FTR quotes, though.


    I get that it's cathartic to play the "I'm so much better than those people" game. It is a fantasy game, though. Aside from the immediate gratification of a feeling of moral superiority, which is itself a problem, it offers no benefits to any parties involved.


    If your political opponents were actually idiots, then their party would be swiftly and soundly defeated.

    Intelligent people disagree. This is a thing. Disagreeing with unintelligent, stubborn people is a waste of an intelligent, open-minded person's time.
    Don't waste your time on idiots who could not rally any vote around their cause. They are not your opponents, they are hot air.
    Your real opponents are the intelligent, charismatic people who can win votes.
    While you may strongly disagree with their goals, you will never outwit them if you think they're idiots. They're not. Assuming they are idiots could be your most idiotic mistake.
  7. #7
    maga isn't about america anymore. maga is the new court jester that speaks the truth to the king's and country's face when nobody else can. maga rustles snowflake jimmies.
  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Is the proposition that we can MAGA by insulting and ridiculing more?
    maga isn't about america anymore. maga is the new court jester that speaks the truth to the king's and country's face when nobody else can. maga rustles snowflake jimmies.
    I guess that's a yes.
  9. #9
    I'm being slightly tongue-in-cheek. Slightly. So let me explain more seriously.

    The point of this thread is to be the archetypal court jester. I call it MAGA because, well, the court jesters of society have vanished from their usual places (like stand-up comedy) and reappeared in internet Trumpian circles. Those who don't like what the court jesters have to say tend to view it as ridicule, but that's not what the court jester is really doing. The court jester speaks a (very) unpopular truth regarding some contemporary social dynamic that spares no feelings. The court jester gets away with doing this by being over-the-top and silly. Most people do not like what the court jester has to say, and if they did, the court jester wouldn't need to say it in the first place.
  10. #10
    As long as you're happy to give someone the option to execute you when we get bored.
  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    As long as you're happy to give someone the option to execute you when we get bored.
  12. #12
  13. #13
    bigred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    15,462
    Location
    Nest of Douchebags
    Can you clarify when exactly America was great originally? I hear all this nostalgia but no definitive time.
    LOL OPERATIONS
  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    Can you clarify when exactly America was great originally? I hear all this nostalgia but no definitive time.
    Excellent question. One for which I cannot provide a quantifiable answer, but can qualify.

    America's greatness is an idea. America is where the ideas of individual sovereignty and constrained government flourished. America didn't create those ideas, but America gave them their horsepower.

    Here's something you might like: from discussions we have had in the past, I have gathered that you might think that religion is kinda nonsense. Well, the freedom with which you can believe that grew the most out of America and the ideas that encapsulate Americanism.

    America is the Renaissance on steroids. The Renaissance is where the European aristocracy brought back the classic Greeks. Some small bits of western Europe incorporated the Renaissance into the world of the non-aristocracy. America grabbed that and sprinted with it. So much of what we take for granted today came because of how America changed things.

    That is not to say that America was the only mover. It was (is) not. It was (is) the vanguard and the chief force for progress.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 08-14-2017 at 01:06 AM.
  15. #15
  16. #16
  17. #17
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,767
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    That is not to say that America was the only mover. It was (is) not. It was (is) the vanguard and the chief force for progress.

    Insert Trump joke here



    Is this only the MAGAposting thread or is this the politics shitposting thread 2.0?
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  18. #18
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,937
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    No, it's the "we devolve into political droolers by ignoring the intelligent discourse which opposes ours, and only focusing on the vocal idiots who are easy targets, unwittingly making ourselves easy targets."
    AKA the "wuf marginalizes his political voice" thread.
  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    No, it's the "we devolve into political droolers by ignoring the intelligent discourse which opposes ours, and only focusing on the vocal idiots who are easy targets, unwittingly making ourselves easy targets."
    AKA the "wuf marginalizes his political voice" thread.
    The only thing I would object to here is the use of the present tense. He's been doing this for over a year now.

    Can't wait for Wufmindlessshitposting thread 3 with some other catchy title that I can safely put on my ignore list.
  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    The only thing I would object to here is the use of the present tense. He's been doing this for over a year now.

    Can't wait for Wufmindlessshitposting thread 3 with some other catchy title that I can safely put on my ignore list.
    You don't enjoy reading them?

    At least three of his posts in this thread are legitimately funny.
  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    You don't enjoy reading them?

    At least three of his posts in this thread are legitimately funny.
    I enjoy it as much as I can enjoy vacuousness sure.
  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I enjoy it as much as I can enjoy vacuousness sure.
    1, 3 & 15 are good.

    With regards to the google post and treating people as individuals I think the poster of that comment forgets two things which are pretty important. The first of which is that if you are in an industry that is say 90% male you are missing out on a load of great women who would be a massive plus to the industry and thinking of ways to encourage those women into the company is a huge plus. I'd argue companies attempting to do this do so really badly but in principle it's definitely something they should be looking to do because it's a huge plus for the company. The second thing he forgets is that the concept of treating people as individuals is actually a much falser reality than what's going on, racism, sexism etc all exist and play a big part in peoples everyday judgements so to say judge people as individuals and juts assume that no bias exists is just shitty rhetoric too.

    I don't think people appreciate the fact that women leaving the workforce is actually a huge drain on the workforce. To put it more in numbers if 98% of the top 30% of the male workforce are working to near their potential in the workplace and only 60% of that top 30% of females is doing the same you're putting worse people in jobs. Even if you expect that number to be lower for women due to gender differences it's not hard to see that we're talking gulfs in difference when it should be small differences.
    Last edited by Savy; 08-14-2017 at 05:31 PM.
  23. #23
    Super neat how no counterpoints are made yet I am still attacked.

    Like shooting fish in a barrel.
  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Super neat how no counterpoints are made yet I am still attacked.

    Like shooting fish in a barrel.
    I'm shitposting lolololol

    .....

    Look at everyone attacking me whilst I'm shitposting lololololol
  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    I'm shitposting lolololol

    .....

    Look at everyone attacking me whilst I'm shitposting lololololol
    The posts here are quite different than in the shitposting thread.

    When people find things you believe disagreeable, the trick is to tell them things they either have a hard time disagreeing with or that they would have to spend brain time formulating an argument against, and then watch them not address the claims and instead address you with negativity.
  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    The posts here are quite different than in the shitposting thread.

    When people find things you believe disagreeable, the trick is to tell them things they either have a hard time disagreeing with or that they would have to spend brain time formulating an argument against, and then watch them not address the claims and instead address you with negativity.
    The posts I think are funny and the posts I agree with aren't the same.

    Also my original post wasn't taken seriously enough in terms of the regard you should take for your craft because what is happening to you isn't the same as a court jester.

    Also also see lots of points made in my post about how I disagree with the google chap.
  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    The posts I think are funny and the posts I agree with aren't the same.

    Also my original post wasn't taken seriously enough in terms of the regard you should take for your craft because what is happening to you isn't the same as a court jester.

    Also also see lots of points made in my post about how I disagree with the google chap.
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I wasn't referring to you. In my experience you have always been fair and logical.
  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I wasn't referring to you. In my experience you have always been fair and logical.
    I've always said I'm a great guy and anyone who disagrees is a cunt.

    If you're trying to convince people or something, and I'm not saying you are, then maybe the least important thing should be them.
  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    1, 3 & 15 are good.

    With regards to the google post and treating people as individuals I think the poster of that comment forgets two things which are pretty important. The first of which is that if you are in an industry that is say 90% male you are missing out on a load of great women who would be a massive plus to the industry and thinking of ways to encourage those women into the company is a huge plus. I'd argue companies attempting to do this do so really badly but in principle it's definitely something they should be looking to do because it's a huge plus for the company. The second thing he forgets is that the concept of treating people as individuals is actually a much falser reality than what's going on, racism, sexism etc all exist and play a big part in peoples everyday judgements so to say judge people as individuals and juts assume that no bias exists is just shitty rhetoric too.
    I agree.

    I don't think people appreciate the fact that women leaving the workforce is actually a huge drain on the workforce. To put it more in numbers if 98% of the top 30% of the male workforce are working to near their potential in the workplace and only 60% of that top 30% of females is doing the same you're putting worse people in jobs. Even if you expect that number to be lower for women due to gender differences it's not hard to see that we're talking gulfs in difference when it should be small differences.
    I'd state it as "drain on business" instead of on workforce. People leaving the workforce is a benefit for those who remain yet it is bad for employers.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 08-14-2017 at 08:50 PM.
  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    I've always said I'm a great guy and anyone who disagrees is a cunt.

    If you're trying to convince people or something, and I'm not saying you are, then maybe the least important thing should be them.
    Could you clarify your final point? Are you getting at the idea that disagreement with a person is one of the least effective ways to change that specific person's mind? If you are, I agree entirely. The phenomenon is pretty huge.
  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I'd state it as "drain on business" instead of on workforce. People leaving the workforce is a benefit for those who remain.
    You don't you're just lying to make me more agreeable but yes I agree I used inconsistent terminology.
  32. #32
    Are you saying I don't think people exiting the workforce is a drain on business?
  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Could you clarify your final point? Are you getting at the idea that disagreement with a person is one of the least effective ways to change that specific person's mind? If you are, I agree entirely. The phenomenon is pretty huge.
    Your point was "I make points, get attacked (personally), nothing happens*". If the people you're arguing against are juts spouting rhetoric at you then what are you doing to convince them otherwise? That is a genuine question. IF you're just saying a they're saying b how is that any different to the echo chambers you don't like?


    *The last one is false and maybe you imply it intentionally but it's also not outrageous to think you're also assuming this to be true as a fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Are you saying I don't think people exiting the workforce is a drain on business?
    I feel like you edited something out of your post but tbf I'm drunk and maybe not. But ye I agree with your terminology was my point. Not that you were trying to be sneaky because what you said originally was just a better phrasing of what I said too.
    Last edited by Savy; 08-14-2017 at 08:58 PM.
  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    Your point was "I make points, get attacked (personally), nothing happens*". If the people you're arguing against are juts spouting rhetoric at you then what are you doing to convince them otherwise?
    Mostly I'm probably experimenting.
    That is a genuine question. IF you're just saying a they're saying b how is that any different to the echo chambers you don't like?
    I'd say it is an echo chamber, like you say. We're all in echo chambers. I believe there is value in expanding consumption of various echo chambers that disagree with each other such that one's echo chamber becomes more representative of greater knowledge and critical thinking.
  35. #35
    That kind of goes against the point of what an echo chamber is. You saying things into the abyss isn't changing anything.

    More generally to everyone,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-4...mojis-and-gifs

    How much of this post do you agree with and how much don't you?

    Not necessarily related but I think BBC3's whos "what not to say to x person" is the worst around.7

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tag/things-not-to-say
    Last edited by Savy; 08-14-2017 at 09:06 PM.
  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I agree.



    I'd state it as "drain on business" instead of on workforce. People leaving the workforce is a benefit for those who remain yet it is bad for employers.
    I should clarify that this doesn't mean that labor participation exit is actually good for the remaining laborers. In most ways it is probably bad. Lucky for us, entry and exit of labor tends to be an effect from a change in something else. My initial claim was regarding the exit resulting in (and from) virtually no industry disruption other than employers having a harder time finding employees and having to pay them more.
  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    That kind of goes against the point of what an echo chamber is.
    It's definitely not the way the term is generally used. I use it that way because I estimate it to be philosophically consistent with the meaning of the term.

    You saying things into the abyss isn't changing anything.
    What do you mean? Are you saying that me posting stuff in an attempt to change minds here isn't effective? If so, I agree by about 90% (or whatever made up big percentage). While I think I have altered some opinions, the main change that comes is my own honing of ideas and style.
  38. #38
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,937
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Super neat how no counterpoints are made yet I am still attacked.

    Like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Where's the attack?
    My "marginalizes" point or was it poopadoop's "vacuousness" comment, 'cause either way, you're assuming false victimization to call either a personal attack.
    You hypocrite.


    Now... who do you think you're calling out, here? Why should we offer counterpoints to the idiots you're making fun of? They're legit idiots, from any side of any aisle.
    Furthermore... what points? Those memes you've posted? IDK where to even begin to unravel your use of imagery to vilify a position no one holds, here. Take this thread to reddit and I'm sure you'll find a room full of idiots who are more than happy to spout their half-baked ideas to both support and refute your points.

    You're picking on idiots, and waiting for them to argue with you. This reduces you to mocking idiots, which is, at best, an idiotic thing to do.
    If you think we hold those opinions, then you're being a jerk who has ignored every intelligent conversation we've had with you.
  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    If you think we hold those opinions, then you're being a jerk who has ignored every intelligent conversation we've had with you.
    I don't think you hold those opinions (which is in part why I posted them), yet I am (and my views are) treated as stupid and oppositional. One can see where I'm coming from now.
  40. #40
    If I have misread and you simply do not like the tactic I have used (meme-form joke and ridiculousness), then I apologize. I intended this to be where people could post their own hard truths in ridiculous form, but it quickly turned to "there goes wuf again saying dumb stuff". Granted, I may have purposely-subconsciously laid poison pills within (maga) because maybe I want to be the lone wolf. It gets me hard.
  41. #41
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,937
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I don't think you hold those opinions (which is in part why I posted them), yet I am (and my views are) treated as stupid and oppositional. One can see where I'm coming from now.
    Who cares if haters gonna hate, man?

    I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm impressed with how much you've changed and incorporated new ideas over the years. Some of those ideas got a lot of pushback from discussions here, and now you hold them. Certainly not the mark of a stupid person, IMO.

    I'm sorry if you feel like you're getting attacked. You do come across as just looking for an argument a lot, and I think you have cultivated that with purpose. Being argumentative is gonna rub most people the wrong way at least some of the time. You're just different than some people looking for arguments because of the reason I noted above: you're actually interested in incorporating new, good ideas. Your method of figuring out if an idea sounds good or is good sometimes is to adopt the idea fully and see where it gets you. I don't fully get that attitude, but I respect that it's leading you to deeper understanding of who you are and what you stand for.

    Don't let the haters slow you down.

    You got this.
  42. #42
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,937
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    If I have misread and you simply do not like the tactic I have used (meme-form joke and ridiculousness), then I apologize. I intended this to be where people could post their own hard truths in ridiculous form, but it quickly turned to "there goes wuf again saying dumb stuff". Granted, I may have purposely-subconsciously laid poison pills within (maga) because maybe I want to be the lone wolf. It gets me hard.
    lol. nice finish.

    I'm all good with making fun of idiots. I'm pretty idiotic at least once a day.

    I got on the wrong train the other day (red line instead of blue line) and didn't notice until I was 2 stops past my exit (the 2 lines share rail for a while, then diverge). Soooo... I'm clearly worthy of some fun-making and "stupid" calling on a fairly regular basis. I'm certainly not going to defend it if you call me out for doing stupid things I actually do. At most I can shrug and say, "heh, yeah... I'm working on it, OK... it's progressive (lie)."
  43. #43
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,767
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    maga rustles snowflake jimmies.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    I intended this to be where people could post their own hard truths in ridiculous form, but it quickly turned to "there goes wuf again saying dumb stuff". Granted, I may have purposely-subconsciously laid poison pills within (maga) because maybe I want to be the lone wolf. It gets me hard.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  44. #44
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,767
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  45. #45
    OMGclayaiken!
  46. #46
    big lol

    Last edited by wufwugy; 08-19-2017 at 12:17 PM.
  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Now... who do you think you're calling out, here? Why should we offer counterpoints to the idiots you're making fun of? They're legit idiots, from any side of any aisle.
    I've been thinking about this because your comment is the base for me realizing some of my own incoherence of thought. It's that the stuff I have posted is in part because I think you guys agree with it but also don't agree with it. I think maybe I have defined an idea by its worst elements (which isn't necessarily wrong, but also not necessarily right). Since your comment, each time I wanted to post something, I have had to ask the question of myself if it's a mischaracterization of the opinions of those on this board, and usually it seems to be so I haven't posted much since. That said, I think the reason why I automatically think they're not mischaracterizations is by this logic: take the Onion one for example, I think that is the inevitable outcome of sufficient enough government intervention into the college system. But you don't see it that way; therefore the Onion piece can seem to me like it's not a mischaracterization of what comes of your professed beliefs even though it is an explicit mischaracterization of your professed beliefs.

    Anyways, congrats. I tend to revisit criticisms sent my way, and that one comment basically got me to reconsider the intent of this thread.
  48. #48
    It's possible that I gave gravity to what you said because of the more generous things you said in 41 and 42. I don't know if this is the case, but I do believe that the mind comes to its reformed ideas for reasons very poorly understood, and that for the last few days on occasion your criticism as well as generosity was in my mind. Maybe the generosity opened me up to the criticism. I have no clue, just wanted to say it could be the case.
  49. #49
    Can there be a love greater than the love I have for this?

  50. #50
  51. #51
    Don't mind Frank, just doing more in one afternoon than Congress has done in half a year.

  52. #52
    Why has no one pulled him up on how shit a job he did? He also came across like a brainwashed idiot, poor chap.
  53. #53
    No wonder the White House is such a dump, they got a ten year old kid cutting the grass.
  54. #54
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,767
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    No wonder the White House is such a dump, they got a ten year old kid cutting the grass.
    Do they pay him more than they pay the Mexicans?
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  55. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sawyer View Post
    Do they pay him more than they pay the Mexicans?
    Nah, Trump stiffed him. Kid has to go to court to try to get his wages.
  56. #56
    Rocket Man might be the most brilliant use of language I've encountered.
  57. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Rocket Man might be the most brilliant use of language I've encountered.
    Ya, Elton John really had a way with words.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •