Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,287,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

Page 94 of 119 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,050 of 8905
  1. #6976
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    lol this guy
    KK gets beat by AJ after having AA twice, once beaten.
    He got even with that FH he made with T9s vs. Ax
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #6977
    You're guaranteed $427 now.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  3. #6978
    Tight fold punished. JTs vs 98o, I had QJo
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  4. #6979
    You're right poop, I missed a ladder. Even better!
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  5. #6980
    Yeah that guys being pretty pushy.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  6. #6981
    Fukcing KK again!!!!

    And Ong finally doesn't suck out!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  7. #6982
    KK again? Seriously?

    I'm done, finished 4th

    I enjoyed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  8. #6983
    Pokerstars = rigged.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  9. #6984
    Only mistake I made in the whole game was folding QJo imo. I should just shove, I'm short and big stack is bullying.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  10. #6985
    brb changing my name to wuf sunshine
  11. #6986
    I need some fresh air. Thanks for the rail!
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  12. #6987
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Only mistake I made in the whole game was folding QJo imo. I should just shove, I'm short and big stack is bullying.
    You think JT was a good shove? I'm not sure myself.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  13. #6988
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    You think JT was a good shove? I'm not sure myself.
    10bb, as short stack, 4handed, no brainer. I can't fold to ladder, gotta make moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  14. #6989
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I need some fresh air. Thanks for the rail!
    Yeah good job!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  15. #6990
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    10bb, as short stack, 4handed, no brainer. I can't fold to ladder, gotta make moves.
    Did you open or call I missed that part.

    I mean you had to know there was a 50/50 chance the guy had AA or KK.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  16. #6991
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Did you open or call I missed that part.
    I open shoved and ran into KK, just brutally unlucky. I still flopped an OESD but he blocks me hard so still not a great flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  17. #6992
    Oh I thought you called. Opening is ok, I wouldn't call it a no brainer with JTo but I'm a wimp.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  18. #6993
    Nah, calling JTo in that spot would be terrible, but shoving is ok because the blinds are huge, and a steal puts me into 3rd, where I can tighten up and wait. Ok maybe not a no-brainer, but still not a horrible mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  19. #6994
    I guess I figure what are you getting called with that you're ahead of and what better hands are folding? You're only good outcome is everyone folds imo.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  20. #6995
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    congrats!
    Cool payout structure if 4th if 40% of first.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  21. #6996
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I guess I figure what are you getting called with that you're ahead of and what better hands are folding? You're only good outcome is everyone folds imo.
    For sure, it's just I get enough folds to make it viable, and aside from when I dominated I don't hate being called. I did need to double up, but obv I prefer to just win the blinds and tighten up.

    Thanks Oskar, yeah I like the payout structure, though had I finished 24th for $15 maybe I'd question if it was worth my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  22. #6997
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Jesse Ventura is considering running on the green party ticket. I've looked him up and in the first interview I see he brings up the Gulf of Tonkin incident 30 seconds into the interview. Looks like he's also 100% behind medicare for all, and my first impression is that he would run circles around Trump in a debate. Anyone could run circles around Biden, so that goes without saying.

    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  23. #6998
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  24. #6999
    Talk about having your priorities in order!

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  25. #7000
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    What is your complaint? That space force is a stupid idea, or that now is not the time?


    Space Force is inevitable, so the notion that it's stupid is wrong. Maybe the name is stupid, but even the Air Force was considered stupid at first, when bi-planes were basically dropping molotov cocktails as bombs.

    Whether now is the time is a fair criticism, I guess.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  26. #7001
    The name is stupid, the flag looks stupid, announcing it like it's some great achivement is stupid, and unless they can shoot lasers at CV with it, now is not the time.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  27. #7002
    Maybe the Yanks need to take control of space before the Chinese do. Maybe it's actually a higher priority than a pandemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  28. #7003
    It's interesting you think space can be controlled, like it's a piece of real estate. Or, more likely, you're just trolling because you're bored of shooting small animals with your airgun.

    As is, any country can launch a satellite. Afaik, all satellites can do presently is take pictures and emit or reflect radio and other waves. Maybe in 100 years there'll be a war over the moon. Until then seems there's more important things to worry about than unveiling your space flag.

    To be clear, I don't have a problem with a country militarising their space fleet, if that's what they want to do. I just find it stupid for the POTUS himself to be spending his time right now making a big public thing of it. Can you imagine any other country introducing their space force with a special seargant with extra stripes and a goofy flag while tens of thousands are dying of a pandemic?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  29. #7004
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    "Space" can't be controlled like real estate, but Low Earth Orbits sure can. What's the point of launching a satellite if your enemy can just disable it once it gets to orbit?

    The importance of military satellites to the current state of warfare cannot be overrated.


    I mean... if this is your big problem with Trump, I'd say he's doing just fine.


    I have a pretty active imagination.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  30. #7005
    Oh wait, they've got a "super duper" missile in the Space Force (Trump's words) - that changes everything.

    Mojo, do you seriously think the POTUS should be spending his time right now hyping the Space Force? I know you like space, but come on. Surely he has something better to do.

    Again, you're kinda missing my point. There's no problem with having a space force. There's a problem with presenting it like it should make people happy right now.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  31. #7006
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I have no opinion about how this or any POTUS should spend their time, so long as they're not abusing their authority.
    This is not that.

    Your harping on the language he uses (effectively, mind) to communicate with his base feels more puerile than genuine.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  32. #7007
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    https://youtu.be/XtHbXshy-_A?t=36
    Omg yes! He's doing Jonestown!
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  33. #7008
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I have no opinion about how this or any POTUS should spend their time, so long as they're not abusing their authority.
    This is not that.
    Well you've got some pretty low standards for the conduct of your leader then. Good thing I guess.


    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Your harping on the language he uses (effectively, mind) to communicate with his base feels more puerile than genuine.
    To be fair banana, I wasn't harping on it, I was simply pointing it out.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  34. #7009
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    https://youtu.be/XtHbXshy-_A?t=36
    Omg yes! He's doing Jonestown!
    But he's effecively appealing to his base to commit suicide, so it's ok.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  35. #7010
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    As is, any country can launch a satellite. Afaik, all satellites can do presently is take pictures and emit or reflect radio and other waves. Maybe in 100 years there'll be a war over the moon. Until then seems there's more important things to worry about than unveiling your space flag.
    I think you're being a little naive here. You really think all they can do is take pictures and emit waves? I mean, you might be right, but even if you are, you won't be for much longer. I don't know if they have actually weaponised space yet, but they will as soon as they can. If it's already feasible, it's done. A recent "secret" mission just went into space. Who knows what they're doing, one guess I would throw out there is taking tungsten rods up there.

    If China successfully weaponised space before USA did, that is a change in the balance of geopower. USA won't let that happen. So this is why space is a thing to Trump. This is probably all theatre, sending a message out to China that USA are winning, but it could already be much more.

    As for the timing... well during the middle of a pandemic that started in China, I'm not all that surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  36. #7011
    What's the message he's sending China? That he's an idiot with a goofy flag that thinks he can best handle a deadly pandemic by withdrawing from the WHO and pretending there's no problem while he promotes his military fantasies? Yeah, I bet they're shaking in their boots.

    I have no doubt they can weaponise space. I don't pretend to know what value there is in blocking someone else's satellites from working. I'm sure it's worth something in a time of war. I just think the announcement, the super duper missile, the super seargant with the extra space stripe and the space force flag are horrendously tacky and dumb.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  37. #7012
    The "space wars" thing is a bit tin hat at the best of times, but there's a lot of speculation that Tinajin was a message to the Chinese, and that message was "we can attack you from space". If you believe that, then you could be forgiven for thinking covid is their retaliation. It would be natural for Trump to then flex his muscles when it comes to the advancement of the space programme. Sure it's goofy, but NASA probably looked goofy when that first happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  38. #7013
    It's not just about shutting down other nations' satellites, even though that in itself is a huge thing to do in war because it can knock out communication. If you can drop weapons from space, such as tungsten rods, these bastards come without warning at Mach fucking ten. The physical evidence, ie the rods themselves, penetrate into the ground so deep that they cannot be retrieved. If you're lucky, you might see them in a single frame of cctv footage. If one nation can take out another nation's ports at will without any defensive response and without any means of proving who did it, that's worth more than knocking out communications. That's just the start. Next up will be space mining. Who gets to stake a claim to the water on the Moon, which then can be broken down into hydrogen and oxygen (fuel and air)? Whoever owns the Moon controls any space mission that relies on a fuel stop at the Moon. How long this is away is anyone's guess, it's probably not happening in our lives, but we'll see the first pawns being moved into place while we're alive.

    The next great superpower will be whoever takes control of space first.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  39. #7014
    The next great superpower will be China regardless of what happens in space.

    They don't need to fight any wars or control space to gain that status - their natural weight of numbers and economic growth will take care of that.

    They don't need to fight the USA specifically, because the US has nothing China can use anyways. They're not going to try to invade the US. They'll invade their neighbors if anyone. And the Space Force is not going to be able to stop that.

    It's easy to speculate about what will happen on the Moon in 50 years. It won't make a bit of difference to China overtaking the US before then. It's going to take a bigger cataclysm than this one that somehow affects China more than the US for that to happen.

    The US may well implode into anarchy and/or civil war before they get their space force up and running on all cylinders.

    And yeah no-one but Trumpers believe CV was unleashed on purpose. These are the same people who won't take a vaccine against CV. Unfortunately there's no vaccine against stupidity, but if there were, they wouldn't take that either.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  40. #7015
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    The next great superpower will be China regardless of what happens in space.
    I think you're being hasty by dismissing the impact space control will have. If China become more powerful than USA next year, then USA "take control" of space in the context of being able to go there at will, and stop others from doing so, then USA reclaim their status as the most powerful.

    They don't need to fight any wars or control space to gain that status
    You think USA will just roll over? China already engaged in an economic war with USA, and it's not out of the question that it's further escalated than we're aware of. Their numbers mean nothing, other than we can't invade them. But this isn't the 1900s where invading a country was the way to defeat them. Regime change and enforced US-friendly democracy is the modern way.

    And the Chinese are certainly not going to invade USA, you're right to observe there's nothing for China to gain. What China want is to hurt USA economically. But they also need to be able to stop USA hurting them economically if they are to remain more powerful, and that's why space is important, both from a military pov and an economic one.

    We're talking 50-100 years here before space is the prime factor when it comes to the balance of power, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  41. #7016
    The US may well implode into anarchy and/or civil war before they get their space force up and running on all cylinders.

    Quite possibly. I'd say this is USA's greatest concern, not China.I think USA will defeat China. Frankly I hope they do, assuming the alternative is a world where China is the great superpower. USA are cunts, but China are even bigger cunts. I can't see why anyone would seriously want them to displace USA. Trump is surely the lesser of two evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  42. #7017
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I think you're being hasty by dismissing the impact space control will have. If China become more powerful than USA next year, then USA "take control" of space in the context of being able to go there at will, and stop others from doing so, then USA reclaim their status as the most powerful.
    How's that? Because they own space? How does that keep China from invading Vietnam, say? They'll block their Netflix?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You think USA will just roll over?
    I think it doesn't matter if they roll over or start a war or implode. It's inevitable the way things are going.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    China already engaged in an economic war with USA, and it's not out of the question that it's further escalated than we're aware of. Their numbers mean nothing, other than we can't invade them. But this isn't the 1900s where invading a country was the way to defeat them. Regime change and enforced US-friendly democracy is the modern way.
    Yeah how's that been working out for the US lately? Can you name one country they installed a friendly government in since WWII that isn't just a corrupt wasteland now? Let's see, there's Chile, Iran, Iraq, Afganistan...nope, all corrupt.

    And in any case, you haven't made a case for how the Space Force will enact regime change afaik. I think you're going to need some mind-control space drugs for that.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    And the Chinese are certainly not going to invade USA, you're right to observe there's nothing for China to gain. What China want is to hurt USA economically. But they also need to be able to stop USA hurting them economically if they are to remain more powerful, and that's why space is important, both from a military pov and an economic one.
    Yeah cause so much of China's GDP will depend on controlling space. Like at least one-tenth of one percent.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    We're talking 50-100 years here before space is the prime factor when it comes to the balance of power, imo.
    It will never be the prime factor. This is the same argument people made about the air force in the 1920s. They were saying you could just bomb the other sides' cities to smithereens and they would rise up against their gov't and end the war. It wasn't true then about the air force and it's not true now about the space force.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  43. #7018
    How's that? Because they own space? How does that keep China from invading Vietnam, say? They'll block their Netflix?
    How do you suppose the British Empire ruled the world? We ruled the seas. A small island dominating the world because they were the first to master the oceans.

    And why do you suppose Britain and France withdrew from Egypt during the Suez crisis? It's because USA told us to. That was the point where the UK finally had to accept that its days as the world's leading power were well and truly over. We realised we can't just go invading other countries without unacceptable consequences. We were no longer in control of our own policy.

    They stop China from invading Vietnam by telling them not to, and threatening them with direct consequences that the Chinese would find intolerable. Such a threat needs to be credible. If USA have weaponised space and China have not, then that threat may well be credible enough to succeed.

    I think it doesn't matter if they roll over or start a war or implode. It's inevitable the way things are going.
    The only thing that's inevitable to me is that USA will not just do nothing while China overtakes them as the leading global superpower.

    Can you name one country they installed a friendly government in since WWII that isn't just a corrupt wasteland now?
    Chile is a complete wasteland? By South American standards, it's not even corrupt. Chile is the closet thing to a completely civilised nation that South America has. Did USA invade them? Or did you mean to say somewhere else?

    And this is besides the point. The reason these places are a wasteland is because the strategy was to incite a civil war, otherthrow by stealth. China won't play out like that, the government have too much control. Overthrowing the Chinese government would require a whole different strategy. Probably outright assassination.

    And in any case, you haven't made a case for how the Space Force will enact regime change afaik. I think you're going to need some mind-control space drugs for that.
    Which brings me nicely onto this point... assassination from space. Or, better still, maybe control of space removes the need for regime change, since disobedient governments might become more friendly to US interests if USA has such threats.

    Yeah cause so much of China's GDP will depend on controlling space. Like at least one-tenth of one percent.
    I have no idea what will be important when it comes to space, but one thing I'll guess at in a few hundred years is phosphorous. It's kind of important, and we're slowly running out. A government that is capable of mining phosphorus will rely on space for a great deal more than a piss in a lake.

    It will never be the prime factor. This is the same argument people made about the air force in the 1920s. They were saying you could just bomb the other sides' cities to smithereens and they would rise up against their gov't and end the war. It wasn't true then about the air force and it's not true now about the space force.
    I started this post asking why Great Britain were such a force for as long as they were. So now let me ask... why are USA the superpower? Well it's not because of their control of the seas. That helps, but their main asset is... drumroll please... control of the air. USA have won wars in the latter half of last century in days by pure aerial bombardment. But control of the air is becoming less important as technology continues to evolve. Space is the future, it's where we'll be mining and it's where the most dangerous weapons will be stored. But that's a long way down the road. In the near future, it'll be a millionaire tourist trap, those times are nearly already here.

    We haven't mastered space yet like we've mastered the seas and air. First one to master space is the next superpower, I'd put serious money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  44. #7019
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Well you've got some pretty low standards for the conduct of your leader then. Good thing I guess.
    I'd say "not abusing their authority" is a pretty high standard, myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    To be fair-banana, I wasn't harping on it, I was simply pointing it out.
    FYP
    Why do seem revel in trying to push people's buttons, even when you have nothing to gain?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  45. #7020
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The physical evidence, ie the rods themselves, penetrate into the ground so deep that they cannot be retrieved.
    Not true. If any of the material is left to be found, it will be near the surface.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_depth
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  46. #7021
    Ok I stand corrected. Still, if everyone in the world has a knife, except one guy who has a gun, then someone gets shot, you kind of know who did it.

    But yeah I got caught being lazy there. I just assumed something with such mass moving at such velocity and of that shape, it would go through the earth like a needle into water. I guess actually it would turn molten pretty quickly, at which point it loses its shape and ability to penetrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  47. #7022
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I'd say "not abusing their authority" is a pretty high standard, myself.
    If that's what they have to before you get annoyed at them...see the point now?


    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Why do seem revel in trying to push people's buttons, even when you have nothing to gain?

    Dude. I posted a video of Trump and you started an argument about it.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  48. #7023
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I just assumed something with such mass moving at such velocity and of that shape, it would go through the earth like a needle into water.
    I (no, Newton) told you that's pretty much what it will do.

    Bullets can only penetrate about 36" into water before they're slowed to a terminal velocity. The higher the speed, the greater the drag, so higher energy bullets get ripped apart in the water even sooner, and therefore, not intuitively, penetrate less.

    Mythbusters did an episode on this, but the only thing I found in a brief search was of too low video quality to share.
    Slow Mo Guys did one on firing guns underwater, which you can easily find.
    Smarter Everyday did one of those, too. (I even think Slo Mo Guys borrowed Destin's guns for their episode, but whatever)

    It all hinges on the fact that in order for the "needle" to move forward, it has to move "heavy" material out of it's path. The momentum transfer from the projectile to the medium is significant.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  49. #7024
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    How do you suppose the British Empire ruled the world? We ruled the seas. A small island dominating the world because they were the first to master the oceans.
    Big difference there - a navy exists on Earth. It can ship material things around the world, including troops. The US is not going to be able to beam up a tank division to Space Post 17 and then beam it back to somewhere else on Earth in the foreseeable future.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    They stop China from invading Vietnam by telling them not to, and threatening them with direct consequences that the Chinese would find intolerable. Such a threat needs to be credible. If USA have weaponised space and China have not, then that threat may well be credible enough to succeed.
    The illogical part of this is that you don't believe the US will roll over and let China become No. 1 overall, but you seriously consider that China will roll over and let the US become the predominant space power.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The only thing that's inevitable to me is that USA will not just do nothing while China overtakes them as the leading global superpower.
    Right, just like Spain tried to stop France, who tried to stop Britain, who tried to stop the USA from overtaking them as No. 1. You can try to stop them - in fact it seems obligatory - but it happens nonetheless.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Chile is a complete wasteland? By South American standards, it's not even corrupt.
    It was a democracy in early 1970s, the US wanted a fascist in charge, so they ousted Allende and installed Pinochet. That's what I was referring to. If you want to argue that helped them become a democracy in the long run, well good luck.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Overthrowing the Chinese government would require a whole different strategy. Probably outright assassination.
    Remember how many times they tried to assassinate Castro and failed? China would be a much harder place to pull that off imo.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Which brings me nicely onto this point... assassination from space.
    "How did Xi die? Oh, a laser bore through the top of his head the week after they announced the Space Force." Wonder how that would play out in the world press.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Or, better still, maybe control of space removes the need for regime change, since disobedient governments might become more friendly to US interests if USA has such threats.
    Yeah, thing about space assassinations is, you do it to someone else and everyone knows it was you 'cause you're always bragging about your space force. Not sure it's the way to win hearts and minds.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I have no idea what will be important when it comes to space, but one thing I'll guess at in a few hundred years is phosphorous. It's kind of important, and we're slowly running out. A government that is capable of mining phosphorus will rely on space for a great deal more than a piss in a lake.
    Seems a bit easier to harvest phosphorous from pee than to build a space mine on Mars to get it, dunno.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I started this post asking why Great Britain were such a force for as long as they were. So now let me ask... why are USA the superpower? Well it's not because of their control of the seas. That helps, but their main asset is... drumroll please... control of the air.
    Vietnam.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  50. #7025
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    If that's what they have to before you get annoyed at them...see the point now?
    I wont continue this if you're going to misrepresent what I've said.
    I find no personal benefit to keep explaining to you that what I meant is what I said, and not whatever you want to argue about.

    To answer your question, No, I don't see your point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Dude. I posted a video of Trump and you started an argument about it.
    disagree
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  51. #7026
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I have no opinion about how this or any POTUS should spend their time, so long as they're not abusing their authority.
    This is not that.
    ...
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  52. #7027
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    Big difference there - a navy exists on Earth. It can ship material things around the world, including troops. The US is not going to be able to beam up a tank division to Space Post 17 and then beam it back to somewhere else on Earth in the foreseeable future.
    Not so fast there. We're talking the future here. If I were intent on dominating the world in 2100, ideally I'd want fighter droids ready to be deployed. Where shall I keep them? In low orbit. So... maybe space will be precisely where troops will be.

    The illogical part of this is that you don't believe the US will roll over and let China become No. 1 overall, but you seriously consider that China will roll over and let the US become the predominant space power.
    China won't roll over. Neither side will back down until it becomes apparent that the consequences are worse. Like Japan in WWII... it took a second bomb. Most people roll over after the first. I dunno who blinks first, but USA have more to lose, so perhaps they are the ones who will fight to the death.

    Right, just like Spain tried to stop France, who tried to stop Britain, who tried to stop the USA from overtaking them as No. 1. You can try to stop them - in fact it seems obligatory - but it happens nonetheless.
    But why couldn't these nations be stopped? In USA's case, it's largely because of air power. If China take space before USA, then I can't see anyone stopping China either. This is why I think USA are so publicly talking about space. We're in the opening moves of a very long game of chess. I guess USA are white, because they moved first.

    It was a democracy in early 1970s, the US wanted a fascist in charge, so they ousted Allende and installed Pinochet. That's what I was referring to. If you want to argue that helped them become a democracy in the long run, well good luck.
    I must admit I forgot Pinochet was Chilean, they're so stable now it's easy to forget they have recent troubles.

    Remember how many times they tried to assassinate Castro and failed? China would be a much harder place to pull that off imo.
    They didn't have rods from god and drones back then.

    "How did Xi die? Oh, a laser bore through the top of his head the week after they announced the Space Force." Wonder how that would play out in the world press.
    Depends who's in control of the press, really, doesn't it? I mean, a certain nation got away with assassinating a world leader by means of a bayonet up the arse, but for some reason that didn't seem to cause any outrage.

    Yeah, thing about space assassinations is, you do it to someone else and everyone knows it was you 'cause you're always bragging about your space force. Not sure it's the way to win hearts and minds.
    Not being funny, but if it's a fight between USA and China for world dominance, nobody needs to win my "heart and mind". It's already won, based on the fact the Chinese government are even bigger cunts than ours.

    Also, if they could take out a world leader without killing any civilians, without the need for a full scale war, then I'd say they'd win a lot of public support.

    Seems a bit easier to harvest phosphorous from pee than to build a space mine on Mars to get it, dunno.
    I read it can't be synthesised. I might be wrong, but there's going to be stuff we run out of and might only be able to get in the future from space. Helium springs to mind, but phosphorous is more important for life so a little more pressing than helium.

    Vietnam.
    This was a war where USA where actually trying to win hearts and minds. If USA wanted to end that war with a win, they could, but it would render the entire place a radioactive wasteland, and would cause a complete collapse in public support. It would be grossly unproportionate. Do you disagree? Do you think Vietnam can survive the war if USA goes nuclear?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  53. #7028
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Not so fast there. We're talking the future here. If I were intent on dominating the world in 2100, ideally I'd want fighter droids ready to be deployed. Where shall I keep them? In low orbit. So... maybe space will be precisely where troops will be.
    Sure, space will be important in the future. I'll give you that.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    China won't roll over. Neither side will back down until it becomes apparent that the consequences are worse. Like Japan in WWII... it took a second bomb. Most people roll over after the first. I dunno who blinks first, but USA have more to lose, so perhaps they are the ones who will fight to the death.
    But what is their rationale for starting a war with China? You can't just say 'they're getting too big for their britches, let's fight them and lose millions of lives to stop them.'

    No, I think it will just be a gradual thing, as China slowly overtakes them. Might take a while, but it will probably happen naturally, without war.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    But why couldn't these nations be stopped? In USA's case, it's largely because of air power.
    Don't think so. It certainly helped, but they hardly had a bigger air force than the UK at the end of WWII.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    They didn't have rods from god and drones back then.
    Really effective would be a genetically-coded microbe that only kills the enemy race.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Depends who's in control of the press, really, doesn't it? I mean, a certain nation got away with assassinating a world leader by means of a bayonet up the arse, but for some reason that didn't seem to cause any outrage.
    Who?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I read it can't be synthesised.
    Well it's an element so you're probably right. If you mean it can't be distilled from urine, I have to admit I haven't looked into it.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This was a war where USA where actually trying to win hearts and minds. If USA wanted to end that war with a win, they could, but it would render the entire place a radioactive wasteland, and would cause a complete collapse in public support. It would be grossly unproportionate. Do you disagree? Do you think Vietnam can survive the war if USA goes nuclear?
    Not sure destroying a country and killing its entire population counts as a win. I guess it's not a loss, but hard to know what it would have accomplished. Point was, air power was not enough to win that war. And they tried to use it to win, short of nukes, they really did.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  54. #7029
    Sure, space will be important in the future. I'll give you that.
    So there comes a time where space dominance is the most important trait of a superpower.

    But what is their rationale for starting a war with China? You can't just say 'they're getting too big for their britches, let's fight them and lose millions of lives to stop them.'
    They could start one very easily right now, simply by declaring that they have proof that China released covid as an act of biowarfare.

    No, I think it will just be a gradual thing, as China slowly overtakes them. Might take a while, but it will probably happen naturally, without war.
    Unfortunately, history has shown that it takes conflict for the balance of power to shift so drastically. It's not just about economics. If it was, I'd agree with you. China can certainly become the next economic superpower, without a war. But are they the leading military power? They probably will become so, if they have sustained economic dominance, but that will take a long time.

    Don't think so. It certainly helped, but they hardly had a bigger air force than the UK at the end of WWII.
    No, but it was able to, and willing to, deploy nuclear weapons from the air. That was a very dominant act.

    Really effective would be a genetically-coded microbe that only kills the enemy race.
    That's pretty brutal. We only want to kill the leaders. Better than rods from god would be an army of nanobots.

    Who?
    Gaddafi.

    Well it's an element so you're probably right. If you mean it can't be distilled from urine, I have to admit I haven't looked into it.
    Nor have I, I'm basing that off memory and can't be arsed to fact check it.

    Not sure destroying a country and killing its entire population counts as a win
    Haha says the man who wants a microbe that kills a race! But yes, wiping a nation off the map counts as winning a war. The prize is everyone thinks you're a cunt but won't dare say it to your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  55. #7030
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    So there comes a time where space dominance is the most important trait of a superpower.
    Not sure. Kind of doubt it. I think it's potential is not as unlimited as you might believe. It also has some limitations, like being really expensive.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    They could start one very easily right now, simply by declaring that they have proof that China released covid as an act of biowarfare.
    They'd be fighting it alone though. Maybe Boris would join in, but I can't see Macron and Merkel going along with it. Actually probably even Boris would sit that one out.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Unfortunately, history has shown that it takes conflict for the balance of power to shift so drastically. It's not just about economics. If it was, I'd agree with you. China can certainly become the next economic superpower, without a war. But are they the leading military power? They probably will become so, if they have sustained economic dominance, but that will take a long time.
    The two are pretty much joined at the hip. Economic power makes military power generally.

    There's some exceptions where techonology trumps economic power, like when Prussia beat Austria because they had a better rifle. Pretty rare though.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    No, but it was able to, and willing to, deploy nuclear weapons from the air. That was a very dominant act.
    The nuclear part of that is the critical thing, not that they dropped it from a plane. Any country by 1945 had the techonology to drop something out of a plane. It was the fact that that something could kill hundreds of thousands that put the US on top.

    So if by air power you mean nuclear, then yeah you got a point. But, there's a whole other problem with nuclear in that it's very hard to use it when you know the consequences are so serious.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Haha says the man who wants a microbe that kills a race! But yes, wiping a nation off the map counts as winning a war. The prize is everyone thinks you're a cunt but won't dare say it to your face.
    I didn't say I want it, i said it would be effective.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  56. #7031
    Not sure. Kind of doubt it. I think it's potential is not as unlimited as you might believe. It also has some limitations, like being really expensive.
    Expensive by today's standards. It'll be a lot cheaper when they don't need to take return fuel with them.

    They'd be fighting it alone though. Maybe Boris would join in, but I can't see Macron and Merkel going along with it. Actually probably even Boris would sit that one out.
    I mean I don't believe this is biowarfare. But if it is, then we're already in a war. If you presented absolute proof that China did this deliberately, to France, then they would have no choice but to join the war. Their people would expect it. Even the Germans would probably have to chip in, even though they didn't do too bad in this. It's still a lot of people. This is kinda why I don't think it is deliberate... I can't see China risking a war with the entire world.

    The two are pretty much joined at the hip. Economic power makes military power generally.
    Kind of. This is why I was careful to use the phrase "sustained economic dominance" in an earlier post. The key word is "sustained".

    The nuclear part of that is the critical thing, not that they dropped it from a plane.
    Not true. If I had a nuclear weapon that I could only throw, it's not going to scare anyone much apart from those close to me. The fact they could deploy it from the air is not to be ignored. Japan couldn't stop them.

    I appreciate the nuclear part is also not to be ignored. But North Korea are nuclear capable, yet they aren't really a threat to anyone except South Korea and Japan, and even then both their respective militaries can probably shoot down NK missiles. Just having a nuke isn't what matters, being able to deploy it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  57. #7032
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    America dropping nukes on Japan did not end WWII, at least not for the Japanese.

    The Japanese high war council did not even bother to meet for 3 days after the bombs were dropped. They were still issuing broadcasts that encouraged the Japanese people to "line the beaches with pitch forks." or similar stuff. They were not deeply threatened by any non-invasion assault, no matter how bad the damage was.

    The Japanese high war council did meet after 3 days, not because of the bombs, but because of the land invasion of their acquired lands in Manchuria.


    The sad truth is that Truman ordered the nuclear attack to no direct effect. The long-term affect of the cold war was the real result of dropping those bombs. We showed our allies (we were allied with Russia, remember?) that we were capable of inhumane slaughter of civilians from a comfortable distance, with no military benefit.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  58. #7033
    Things about to kick off on twitter.



    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  59. #7034
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    America dropping nukes on Japan did not end WWII, at least not for the Japanese.

    The Japanese high war council did not even bother to meet for 3 days after the bombs were dropped. They were still issuing broadcasts that encouraged the Japanese people to "line the beaches with pitch forks." or similar stuff. They were not deeply threatened by any non-invasion assault, no matter how bad the damage was.

    The Japanese high war council did meet after 3 days, not because of the bombs, but because of the land invasion of their acquired lands in Manchuria.


    The sad truth is that Truman ordered the nuclear attack to no direct effect. The long-term affect of the cold war was the real result of dropping those bombs. We showed our allies (we were allied with Russia, remember?) that we were capable of inhumane slaughter of civilians from a comfortable distance, with no military benefit.
    I meant to research this a little and respond, sorry for ignoring it. Might get round to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  60. #7035
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    He really Trumped this bitch, huh?

    Bob Kroll, police union chief of Minnesota very happy with Trump ending the "oppression of police."

    https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...268212736?s=20



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYIKL3epl7s
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  61. #7036
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    They turned the lights off so people would think nobody's home and stop protesting... This is too fucking funny!

    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  62. #7037
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  63. #7038
    ^ So is that a fake or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  64. #7039
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    It is. Not sure what your point is.

    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/epstein-trumps-photo/
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  65. #7040
    I actually didn't realise it's Ivanka he's kissing. This photo is doing the rounds on Twitter, and it's the first time I've seen it.

    I'm not sure if there's anything to this anonymous thing, or if it's just one huge shit smear.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  66. #7041
    There are a couple of reasons that I've found the "little black book" list to be interesting. One, it doesn't seem to be down political lines, ie it drags Trump, Clinton and Blair into it, along with some powerful names like Bloomberg, Rothschild, Soros, Murdoch. This isn't a left/right thing. It's an attack on the elite. Whether it has teeth is another matter.


    Another thing I picked up on was a name. Around 20 years ago, I was told by "someone in the know" that a certain rock star had his credit card used to download child porn. I saw nothing in the press, ever, so assumed it had been explained away, perhaps his card was stolen. But he's on the list, and it's not someone you'd expect either. Not gonna name him because it could be bullshit and his name is not generally associated with this kind of stuff.

    And my local MP is there. Why the fuck is my local MP in Epstein's contacts?

    But a list of contacts is hardly evidence of wrongdoing, so I'm thinking I must be missing something because Twitter is going nuts for this. The left can't be that deluded that they think a list of names is proof of anything, can they? What am I missing in this shitshow?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  67. #7042
    Funny, my first thought when I heard lockdown was easing was not "time to buy some cheap furniture!"

    https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/stat...15123041320960
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  68. #7043
    Will be funny if Biden wins a landslide while hiding in his basement.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  69. #7044
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,201
    Location
    Finding my game
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...82b_story.html

    I guess that's one way to prove voter fraud exists.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  70. #7045
    ^ an example of "bad faith". The banner at the bottom... click the 'x' and it fucking expands rather than closes. Wankers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  71. #7046
    Press: "No-one is more tone deaf in this crisis that Donald Trump."

    Ivanka: "Hold my beer."

    https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/stat...59672714694661
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  72. #7047
    Looks like a good place for the R Nat. convention.

    https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo..._content=wkmg6
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  73. #7048
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,510
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I was trying to defend Republicans as just people who prioritize different aspects of governance as more vital and important than Democrats do in a conversation with someone who is staunchly Democratic.

    I pointed out that in today's cancel culture, it's all too easy to only listen to people who agree with you and to only watch News agencies who are biased in favor of what you already believe.

    They then said something to the effect of, "but why is it that one side at least tries to give a truthful take on the policies and their effects while the other side just spews propaganda and BS?"

    I wanted to say, "Maybe you're seeking out nonsense and BS representations of Republican ideals," but I had to admit that I do not know of any right-leaning news agencies that I'd classify as "at least trying to give a truthful take on the policies and their effects."


    Can anyone please help me, because I kinda desperately need this. I've tried to watch Fox News or other right-leaning news broadcasts, and it just all seems like lies and obfuscation to me. Yes, I can site a number of left-leaning news agencies that do exactly this - The Young Turks, e.g.

    Since I don't believe there is any unbiased news left in America, I'll settle for less.
    I'm trying to actually find any reasonable, thoughtful, less biased news source with Republican bias.


    If anyone has any ideas, please help me. I don't want to ignore the intelligent arguments which motivate Republican policies, but I'm simply not finding any source thereof.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  74. #7049
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    I think that's unfair to TYT. They give the left a lot of shit. They didn't fall for russiagate and they always try to both-sides it. They're on the polemical side, but I don't get the impression that they're trying to misrepresent anything deliberately.

    Fox had two legitimate news guys in Shep Smith and Chris Wallace, now they just have Chris Wallace. The problem with having a legitimate neolib news outlet is that the only reason you'd be interested to work for one if you're mentally awake is to grift. Nobody with a well oxygenated brain who's not a capitalist in the literal sense of the word has a vested interest in promoting neoliberalism. It is overtly anti-humanity. I think there's a really thin demographic of people who are well spoken enough to be on camera and psychopathic enough to promote neoliberalism.

    As exhibit A and B I would like to present Dave Rubin and Steven Crowder. Both fantastically stupid. Both aspiring comedians. Both painfully unfunny... but they found a niche in the right wing entertainment section and they are shoveling money.
    Last edited by oskar; 06-19-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  75. #7050
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,665
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    fwiw by international metrics I'd rank the NYT as a conservative newspaper. Very matter of fact, very corporate friendly... they're just not crazy evil so they pass as left wing.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •