Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,287,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

Page 44 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,300 of 8909
  1. #3226
    It's cute how Kanye rambles on incoherently just like Trump. Two of a kind.

    Repeal the 13th!
  2. #3227
    Here's the guy Kanye wants freed.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Hoover
  3. #3228
    Kinda surprised no-one's leaping to defend Kanye's babbling as a 3D chess tactic to MAGA, rather than just the demented ramblings of a musical savant.
  4. #3229
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Kinda surprised no-one's leaping to defend Kanye's babbling as a 3D chess tactic to MAGA, rather than just the demented ramblings of a musical savant.
    Swift came out in support of the democrats, it's over.
  5. #3230
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    Swift came out in support of the democrats, it's over.
    In the USA the value of celebrity is way over the top.
  6. #3231
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    In the USA the value of celebrity is way over the top.
    Yeah obviously but getting over 100k voters to sign up to vote even if only a relatively small % of them vote is fairly impressive.
  7. #3232
    That "racism" re-frame. Holy shit!
  8. #3233
  9. #3234
    Can you explain why that's funny? Making a reference, which is wrong, is that funny now?
  10. #3235
    The left can't meme
  11. #3236
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    The left can't meme
    Trump should explain to Kanye why he's a gay fish and he should be fully accepting of that. Whilst justifying shooting other black rappers.
  12. #3237
    College taught me skills to understand people like Trump and Kanye. By listening.

    Or maybe I brought that skill to college. Either way, I did very well with it (some professors' favorite student).
  13. #3238
    What's he saying here Wuf? Please translate it for me.

    There’s a lot of things affecting our mental health that makes us do crazy things that puts us back into that trap door called the 13th Amendment. I did say “abolish” with the hat on. Because why would you keep something around that’s a trap door? If you’re building a floor — the Constitution is the base of our industry, right? Of our country, of our company. Would you build a trap door that if you mess up and you — accidentally something happens, you fall and you end up next to the Unabomber? You end up — you got to remove all that trap door out of the relationship. The four gentlemen that wrote the 13th Amendment — and I think the way the universe works, it’s perfect. We don’t have 13 floors, do we? You know, so the four — the four gentlemen that wrote the 13th Amendment didn’t look like the people they were amending. Also at that point, it was illegal for blacks to read — or African Americans to read. And so that meant if you actually read the Amendment, you would get locked up and turned into a slave. Again — so what I think is, we don’t need sentences; we need pardons. We need to talk to people. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I was connected with a neuropsychologist that works with the athletes in the NBA and the NFL. And he looked at my brain — it’s equal on three parts. I’m going to go ahead drop some bombs for you — 98 percentile IQ test. I had a 75 percentile of all human beings, but it was counting eight numbers backwards, (inaudible), so I’m going to work on that one. The other ones, 98 percent — Tesla, Freud. So he said that I actually wasn’t bipolar; I had sleep deprivation, which could cause dementia 10 to 20 years from now, where I wouldn’t even remember my son’s name. So all this power that I got, and I’m taking my son to the Sox game and all that, I wouldn’t be able to remember his name from a misdiagnosage. And what we need is, we can empower the pharmaceuticals and make more money. That’s one thing — I’ve never stepped into a situation where I didn’t make people more money. So we can empower pharmaceuticals, we can empower our industries, we can empower our factories. We can bring not only Adidas onshore, we can bring — Foxconn has set up a factory in, I think, Minnesota.
  14. #3239
    He said slavery still exists and it's in prisons (as codified in US law), he is very smart (an ideas guy like Tesla), and he wants people to make more money (when solving mental health problems).
  15. #3240
  16. #3241
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    He said slavery still exists and it's in prisons (as codified in US law),
    Nothing new there. And no, repealing the 13th isn't the answer. He's just showing himself to be ignorant saying that.


    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    he is very smart (an ideas guy like Tesla),
    What ideas has he had that are:

    a) original;

    and

    b) not related to music?


    And if the answer is 'none', then why is he having an audience with the president? Doesn't the POTUS have more important things to do than have a photo op with a rapper?

    And if Kanye's so smart, why does it take him 1000 words to say what you said in one sentence?



    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    and Freud
    Noticed you skipped that reference, but it seems more apt than the one to Tesla. Freud talked a lot of shit too.




    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    and he wants people to make more money (when solving mental health problems).
    Because pharmaceuticals don't make enough money already? Seriously, this makes no sense at all, and that's after it's been filtered.
  17. #3242
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    haha
  18. #3243
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    College taught me skills to understand people like Trump and Kanye. By listening.

    Or maybe I brought that skill to college. Either way, I did very well with it (some professors' favorite student).
    I am very impressed with you based on your favorable self-evaluation.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  19. #3244
    So Wuf, what do you think of the NYT report about Trump using tax fraud to 'inherit' about a half bill from his old man?
  20. #3245
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    I'd just ask if he thinks Trump has ever done anything that he objects to.
    Wuf is a fiscal conservative, free market memer who loves a president who increased government spending, introduced massive tariffs, and signed a 6 billion dollar welfare check.

    Trump was 100% correct when he said he could do literally anything and his core base would still follow him.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  21. #3246
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    I'd just ask if he thinks Trump has ever done anything that he objects to.
    Wuf is a fiscal conservative, free market memer who loves a president who increased government spending, introduced massive tariffs, and signed a 6 billion dollar welfare check.
    Please show me these.

    Be assured that I am 100% against policies with the end result of increasing government power at the expense of civil liberty.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 10-14-2018 at 06:02 PM.
  22. #3247
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Nothing new there. And no, repealing the 13th isn't the answer. He's just showing himself to be ignorant saying that.




    What ideas has he had that are:

    a) original;

    and

    b) not related to music?


    And if the answer is 'none', then why is he having an audience with the president? Doesn't the POTUS have more important things to do than have a photo op with a rapper?

    And if Kanye's so smart, why does it take him 1000 words to say what you said in one sentence?





    Noticed you skipped that reference, but it seems more apt than the one to Tesla. Freud talked a lot of shit too.






    Because pharmaceuticals don't make enough money already? Seriously, this makes no sense at all, and that's after it's been filtered.
    Cool. Happy to have translated it!
  23. #3248
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    I am very impressed with you based on your favorable self-evaluation.
    Awesome!
  24. #3249
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    So Wuf, what do you think of the NYT report about Trump using tax fraud to 'inherit' about a half bill from his old man?
    My first response is emotional. About NYT: I am emotionally against communist apologists and non-risk takers. I am also a big fan of Michael Crichton's Gell-Mann amnesia effect.

    My second response is also emotional, because I don't care about "tax fraud". I do not believe that proceeds gained by initiation of violence are legitimate.
    Last edited by wufwugy; 10-14-2018 at 06:23 PM.
  25. #3250
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    Cool. Happy to have translated it!
    Well, that was basically my translation too.

    "Gobbledygook. Prison reform. Gobbledygook. I'm really smart. Rambling gobbledygook. Word salad. I have ideas. Rambling nonsense. I like money."

    Seriously, the guy should stick to making music. By all accounts, he's a wizard at it. But in the world of politics he has nothing to contribute. People will listen to him 'cause he's a celebrity, but he doesn't know any more about what's going on the world outside the recording studio than Taylor Swift, which isn't much.
  26. #3251
    In an alternate universe, this is Kanye as an old woman.

  27. #3252
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Well, that was basically my translation too.

    "Gobbledygook. Prison reform. Gobbledygook. I'm really smart. Rambling gobbledygook. Word salad. I have ideas. Rambling nonsense. I like money."

    Seriously, the guy should stick to making music. By all accounts, he's a wizard at it. But in the world of politics he has nothing to contribute. People will listen to him 'cause he's a celebrity, but he doesn't know any more about what's going on the world outside the recording studio than Taylor Swift, which isn't much.
    My favorite contributions are his many incredible re-frames that are necessary base to solving some very big political issues.
  28. #3253
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Please show me these.
    Are you saying you are unaware of the 6 billion dollar farmer bailout, the trade war and Trump increasing government spending? I have to "show you?"

    Seriously, the guy should stick to making music. By all accounts, he's a wizard at it. But in the world of politics he has nothing to contribute. People will listen to him 'cause he's a celebrity, but he doesn't know any more about what's going on the world outside the recording studio than Taylor Swift, which isn't much.
    Trump is very unpopular with black voters, and there aren't many black celebrities to choose from who would endorse him. Just Kanye appearing in the white house made Trumps approval rating among black voters double from 10% to 22%.
    This is theater. Nobody is going to vote for Trump on core issues. You can watch the rally interviews. You can see wuf right here: fiscal conservative choking himself on the cock of keynesian economics and loving every inch of it. This is all about feelings. They feel Trump is right. Trump is against every core issue Wuf was arguing for, but he supports him because:
    My favorite contributions are his many incredible re-frames that are necessary base to solving some very big political issues.
    - gobbledygook.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-15-2018 at 03:44 AM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  29. #3254
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    My favorite contributions are his many incredible re-frames that are necessary base to solving some very big political issues.
    Playing a word association salad game is making a 'contribution'?

    "Hey, prisons are full of black people. 13th amendment was about freeing black people. So repealing that amendment will fix the prisons."

    "Hey, treating mental health costs money. I like making money. So treating mental health means making pharmaceutical companies money."


    How about just admitting the guy makes no sense at all, but you're still happy he's supporting Trump 'cause you assume that will help him with black voters.
  30. #3255
    What's funny is that Kanye is so out of touch with his fan base that he thinks supporting Trump will make him richer.

    Taylor Swift and Nike at least realise that the people buying their stuff are not old and white.
  31. #3256
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    You know Banana kept calling me a demagogue. You know who's the real demagogue? The mechanic who does the annual checkups on my scooter. That fucker uses language straight out of Crime and Punishment to describe the condition of my wheels. Calm your tits there, Dostoevsky, you need to pace yourself with your adjectives so you have somewhere to go should you ever find the things you missed that I'm not telling you about!
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  32. #3257
    He called us all demagogues. It was a total demagogue tactic on his part.
  33. #3258
    It seems Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test that showed she had a Native American ancestor(s) 6-10 generations back. So somewhere between 64 and 1024 great-greats ago at least one of them was a N. American. This woman is a fucking idiot claiming that a drop or two of N.A. blood in her from two centuries ago somehow contributes to her racial identity to the extent she can call herself "Native American." Fuck off.

    Also, the average White American has more N. American blood that Elizabeth Warren. Double fuck off.
  34. #3259
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    I think you might be missing an important part of that story.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  35. #3260
    What part is that?

    Trump calling her Pocohantas, showing he's as willing to mock N. Americans as she is?

    The promise of a $1m donation to charity by Trump if she proved her "ancestry"? Lol, that's never gonna happen. Surely no-one who knows anything about Trump needs that explained to them.

    The fact she listed herself as Native American at Harvard? If she was NA so was half the faculty.

    There's nothiing to excuse her dickbag phony pandering to the minority vote here. Zero. Zilch. The fact that she's spinning this <1% NA DNA test result as some kind of victory just shows what a slimy douchebag politician she is.

    Really, Oskar, let's say you moved to some place in Africa where whites were a minority, and there was some visibly black liberal politician calling himself white because somewhere back in the 1700s he had a single white ancestor. Would you not think he was a total twat?

    The Rs are praying the Ds put Warren up against Trump in 2020 because that's about the only chance he has. And if they do, they fucking deserve to lose not just that election, but the next three as well.
  36. #3261
    Yeah I don't get it, poop's mum is full of black yet he identifies as white.

    This is just classic fighting the wrong battles.
  37. #3262
    Just because you're bored doesn't make it cool to bore the rest of us with the your momma jokes over and over. That shit stopped being funny when I turned 8.
  38. #3263
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Just because you're bored doesn't make it cool to bore the rest of us with the your momma jokes over and over. That shit stopped being funny when I turned 8.
    Maybe it's just a coincidence that's when your mom started liking black guys?

    You should better pick the parts of the conversation you want to continue. Just because you're racist doesn't mean we couldn't have had a nice chat about politics.
    Last edited by Savy; 10-15-2018 at 08:30 PM.
  39. #3264
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    The fact she listed herself as Native American at Harvard? If she was NA so was half the faculty.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/har...eport-says.amp
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  40. #3265
    It's not that it didn't work, it's that she even tried.

    The Globe noted that Warren listed herself as a “minority” before Penn offered her a job. However, the law school’s dean and affirmative action officer wrote in a 1987 equal opportunity compliance statement form that Warren was the best candidate for her job despite being “white.”

    The report also noted that nearly three years after she took the Penn job, she asked the university to change her listed ethnicity to “Native American.” A 2005 university publication noting a teaching award that she won a decade earlier listed her as a minority, the Globe added.
  41. #3266
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    Maybe it's just a coincidence that's when your mom started liking black guys?

    You should better pick the parts of the conversation you want to continue. Just because you're racist doesn't mean we couldn't have had a nice chat about politics.
    You worked on that for half an hour and that's the best you could come up with?
  42. #3267
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    If she did try to use it to get an advantage, that's bullshit, but it's really low on the list of things I care about. I certainly wouldn't get emotional over it.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  43. #3268
    It's not just that what she did was bad (it was), it's that the Ds are accepting her proof of <1% NA blood as somehow vindicating her claim to be NA, when they should be giving her shit for being such a sleaze.

    Instead they're touting her as their next presidential candidate. And if she runs, Hispanics are going to vote more for Trump than they would against some other D candidate have because he's (rightly) been calling her out as a phony. The real NAs are going to find pretending to be NA about 100 times more offensive than calling someone pretending to be NA Pocahantas.
  44. #3269
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,547
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Savy View Post
    You should better pick the parts of the conversation you want to continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    You worked on that for half an hour and that's the best you could come up with?
    Whoosh
  45. #3270
    That guy in charge of the bone saw - damn, his face must be red right now.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/...ance-1.4864427
  46. #3271
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Didn't sound like they were sending their best and their brightest. I wouldn't want an apple watch in the room when I jack off, much less when I do business involving a bone saw. How inept do you have to be to not get rid of the smart devices for the duration of your murder.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  47. #3272
    Yeah something doesn't quite add up there. The Saudis send 15 guys, one with a bone saw, to interrogate a journalist?

    Also, how does an interrogation accidentally turn into a murder? They asked him a question he didn't like and he attacked them, so they killed him in self defence?

    Even if they were planning to kill and dismember him all along, I still don't see why they need 15 guys. You'd think three or four, or a half dozen at most, would be plenty.
  48. #3273
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,547
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Has this alleged smart-watch recording been released to the public, yet?
    The article I read about it said it was claimed to exist, but not confirmed to exist.

    At any rate, this is fucking nuts. Trump basically said, "Look, he buys property from me, spends millions of dollars, of course I like him. What am I supposed to do?" Telling world leaders that the USA will turn a blind eye to any and all transgressions so long as they pay Trump to ignore it.


    Trump effectively announced to the world, "Yes, I'm corrupt. Here's how to buy me off." and half of America still supports him as MAGA.

    People are weird. I don't understand.
  49. #3274
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The turkish government is very cautious with the material. The recording has not been released, and I believe the bone saw detail is a leak that is not being denied. What is pretty much confirmed is that 15 people, about half of which were in the princes very close circles were there and that they brought their top forensics expert. Last I heard they weren't even denying that these people were given orders from the prince, but they say it was to "interrogate" - not sure what kind of interrogation requires a forensics expert with a bone saw.

    I'm not sure what you expect from Trump after he says he believe Putin over his own intelligence service and more recently declaring that he "fell in love" [sic] with Kim Jong Un. As to why: either he's demented or he is compromised in a way that he doesn't dare to say anything bad about the saudi prince, or both. I'm pretty sure there's a massive shitstorm coming out of Muellers office after the midterms. Weisselberg has immunity, and both Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort are cooperating, and Flynn, Papadopolopolus and Gates cut a deal. The only reason impeachment hasn't started is because they're waiting for the midterms to conclude.
    I think his behavior will make a lot more sense in retrospect. My cautious prediction is that he's been laundering money for the saudi royal family.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-17-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  50. #3275
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  51. #3276
    Maybe Trump,along with the American people, care more about jobs than they do about missing journalists. I'm not defending anyone here, just explaining why we do business with these people, and why they think they can get away with this incident. Yemen is on the brink of famine, and people are more outraged about a random Saudi meeting his grisly end in a consulate. People are indeed weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  52. #3277
    There's definitely something that doesn't add up though, I mean they send their top forensics expert, and the Turkish authorities say they have found evidence in the consulate? Unless that "evidence" is a suspiciously clean environment, then he can't have been a very good forensics expert. And you'd think someone amongst this delegation would have heard of an Apple smart watch.

    Also, the Turks say they have video evidence. Does that mean the consulate was bugged?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  53. #3278
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Also, the Turks say they have video evidence. Does that mean the consulate was bugged?
    They understandably don't want to share information on how they spy on foreign nations. Turkey under Erdogan is not the most exemplary of nations, and they're not particularly friendly with SA, but there's also no precedent for them staging something like this, or reason for framing it as something it's not.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  54. #3279
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Maybe Trump,along with the American people, care more about jobs than they do about missing journalists.
    The only job he cares about is his own. The job meme is ridiculous anyway. Yes unemployment is low, but there's no magic as to why. The entire world is coming out of a recession. Unemployment is going down in all countries. And while that's happening Trump decreased corporate taxes while increasing government spending and giving billion dollar cash injections to struggling sectors while also dismantling the EPA, deregulating environmental protection and pulling out of climate agreements. All that money he's spending is coming out of the national deficit. It's an artificial numbers boost that will blow up sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-17-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  55. #3280
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,547
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Gotta love when Fox News debunks the Trump.
  56. #3281
    I heard the suspicious evidence in the consulate includes fresh coats of paint in certain places. Hmm, wonder why they suddenly needed a touch-up?

    Also, the media totally decides what Joe Public cares about. I only heard about the Yemen invasion through a Yemeni student of mine. It's just not good ratings to spill the beans on your allies. Kind of like when Israel does fuckity shit, I doubt most Americans hear about it.

    And the only thing that surprises me any more about Trump is how he's just so brazen and obvious about what's he doing, and how his hard core fans still don't care. I guess that's a personality cult for you.
  57. #3282
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,547
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    From what I understand from my Saudi friend, which is from a conversation we had years ago, the conflict between SA and Yemen goes back at least a decade, and it's not a 1-sided affair.

    Granted, he knows what is news in his country, and much like America, it's mostly a story of what is done "to" us from around the world and how we've been provoked into a military response. The reality usually goes back a bit further and starts with the US poking their nose into other people's governance. So I'm sure his side isn't the whole truth, either.

    Still. Yemen bombs have been hitting SA for a long time, and according to Saudi's, they are only striking back to prevent further attacks. It's not a campaign to occupy Yemen.
    IDK if this is still the case. He and I speak maybe 2 or 3 times a year, since he's back in SA and I'm still in the US, and we don't talk international politics, we talk about our families and our work.

    My point is thus: I believe there's more to the Saudi-Yemen conflict than is getting reported on in recent news.
    The fact that painting SA as terrible foments the anti-Trump rhetoric is probably fueling this angle on the reporting, but ... it must be said ... I could be taking a Saudi's story of what he sees on his local news as more fact-based than I should. Especially when that news story is from almost a decade ago.
  58. #3283
    Yeah I don't really know more about the situation than my student told me, apart from a couple of snippets here and there. I just take the default attitude that a stronger country interfering in the civil war of a weaker country is being a cunt. Maybe not though.
  59. #3284
    The Saudis are indiscriminate.The Yemenis might well be too, but we're not supplying them with weapons. It is a war crime to indiscriminately shell residential areas, and it's a war crime to knowingly supply weapons for such purpose. It's a murky world and we're neck deep in the shit.

    But it's ok, history will judge us kindly, since we write the history books.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  60. #3285
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,547
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The Saudis are indiscriminate.The Yemenis might well be too, but we're not supplying them with weapons. It is a war crime to indiscriminately shell residential areas, and it's a war crime to knowingly supply weapons for such purpose. It's a murky world and we're neck deep in the shit.

    But it's ok, history will judge us kindly, since we write the history books.
    I am really torn about the whole "killing civilians is a war crime" thing.

    It's something that a larger military force says to a smaller one that can't face them in direct conflict. The smaller force cannot openly fight the larger force, but they can still fight soft targets, hurting the larger force.

    Whether or not that's moral really depends on which side you're on.

    My dad worked for Boeing and designed the landing gear for F-15 fighter jets. Is he a civilian when F-15's are being used to drop bombs on people? Just because he worked for a contractor does it mean he contributed less to the deaths of those people? Just because he is a loving father whom was far removed from the violence inflicted by the war machines he helped to build... does that absolve him of responsibility for the use of those war machines?

    If an enemy to America decided that destroying our ability to produce the planes which drop bombs on them was the best way to protect its people... can we really call that a war crime?

    IDK. I really don't.
  61. #3286
    Killing civilians is an inevitability of war. It's just that when bombing the shit out of an enemy, there are rules about how you can and can't go about that business.

    Trump has cautioned against rushing to blame the Saudis, saying they're being treated as innocent before proven guilty. Nice.

    So... a retired Russian and his wife become ill in England, and Trump agrees with the UK that Russia are to blame. Meanwhile, a journalist goes missing the the Saudi consulate, but it might not be the Saudis.

    I guess Saudi Arabia are a more important economic partner than Russia. Kind of shits on the idea he's a Russian puppet, but that was always a stretch anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  62. #3287
    Dresden was probably a war crime. We shelled the shit out of that town in direct revenge for Coventry. It was pure bloodlust, there was no strategic reason for that. Is it ok because they did a terriblething first? No. It was possibly ok in the context of total war though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  63. #3288
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Dresden was probably a war crime. We shelled the shit out of that town in direct revenge for Coventry. It was pure bloodlust, there was no strategic reason for that. Is it ok because they did a terriblething first? No. It was possibly ok in the context of total war though.
    It's hard for us to take the moral high ground on that since 500 died in Coventry, whereas >100k died in Dresden, so the response was out of all proportion

    Also, there's no evidence that killing civilians served any military purpose to either side.

    Air Chief Harris should have been tried at Nuremberg along with all the Nazis really. Maybe Churchill too since he sanctioned it. But, lolwewon so that obviously wasn't going to happen.
  64. #3289
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  65. #3290
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,547
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    The thing about the Koshoggi story is that it seems so, so, so obvious that the Saudis sent a 15-man hit squad to kill 1 nerd in an embassy.
    Everything about the story is like, "So... you're not even trying to hide it, eh?"
    Yet, the Saudis deny it.

    It doesn't add up.

    Why make the hit so obviously a hit and then deny it?
    The original lie to his girlfriend, "Oh him? He left a while ago. You must have missed him." is so obviously BS.
    They could have said so many other things to buy time, throw off the story, confuse things, but no... they go with, "we're obviously full of shit and are concealing something."

    Dafuq?

    It doesn't make sense to me.
  66. #3291
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Makes sense to Trump! Maybe if you were on their payroll, you'd understand.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  67. #3292
    It's hard for us to take the moral high ground on that since 500 died in Coventry, whereas >100k died in Dresden, so the response was out of all proportion
    There's 808 in one mass grave, with a total of approx 1200 dead, 80% of which died in the attacks of November 14/15 1940. My Nan was on lookout that night in Solihull, she witnessed the massive squadron of aircraft and knew something bad was happening. But yeah, still well short of the casualties in Dresden.

    I wasn't claiming moral high ground, simply arguing that in the context of total war, things aren't so simple. Total war means the deployment of civilian resources in a state of war, and that unfortunately means civilians are a more legitimate target.

    It was a show of force.

    Saudi Arabia and Yemen are not in a state of total war, so civilian targets are much less legitimate. Sure, no doubt the Yemeni military use schools and hospitals as bases to give them some kind of moral high ground when they get attacked, but that doesn't justify the indiscriminate bombing of residential areas. And, more to the point, it doesn't justify our weapons trade with the Saudis. We justify that by pointing to jobs... that's a terrible reason to sell weapons to oppressive giovernments.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  68. #3293
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,547
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Saudi oil will be gone during our lifetimes*, so I expect the US interests in SA will change soon enough.

    *according to my friend, whom is an engineer working in Saudi oil. I definitely clarified to make sure I understood him correctly. I did. He said the oil is going to be gone before he is at retirement age, so he can't count on keeping his current job as a long-term career.
  69. #3294
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45923217

    So, they admit he's dead but there's no body? So that guy with the bone saw was there why?

    Also, lol Trump finds the Saudi claim 'credible'.
  70. #3295
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    I am pretty hard to shock when it comes to Trump but when he called their explanation "credible" and "a great first step" I was stumped. They say that he got into a fist fight with 15 saudi's - accidentally got his fingers chopped off and killed, and their natural response was to saw him into pieces with the bone saw that they happened to have around and then... WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? I don't get why they even bothered releasing that statement. For anyone to call that credible... He has to be compromised. How else does this make any sense?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  71. #3296
    The problem is when you try to use logic to understand Trump. I'm pretty sure 90% of the time he has no fucking idea what's going on and just instinctively says the opposite of what any sane person would say. It's kinda uncanny really how he can manage to be inappropriate almost every opportunity he gets.

    I know there's a ticker somewhere that keeps count of his lies, but there should also be one that keeps count of the times he's just wtfsayingthewrongthing.
  72. #3297
    It's the war economy, not "compromised". Even I find this indefensible. But Trump is no different to May here, both the UK and USA will continue to supply their weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  73. #3298
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Is that what the new Nuremberg defense going to be? 'We were just fulfilling orders.'
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  74. #3299
    Nuremberg? You think a Western leader ever stands accused in that court? He'll have to wait for Blair, Sarkozy, Obama and Bush to be tried, first.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  75. #3300
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,680
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    I am so confused by this whataboutism shit. If you say: ok Trump did this, but Obama did THAT, why doesn't that absolve Obama? If Trump is justified because the other kids at the playground also do mean things, that should work both ways, right? So nobody is accountable for anything now.
    Last edited by oskar; 10-21-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •