Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,288,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

Page 116 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,700 of 8925
  1. #8626
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    It only took four years for Americans to get tired of winning. So long President Dumpster Fire!

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...auguration-day
    love it

  2. #8627
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,241
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Ok - I need a mod here. Bill's post is the epitome of bad faith....I'm being serious here. Tell me if I'm seeing things but it sure looks like Bill is just trying to start shit.

    I mean, let's start with this....

    Is it me? Or is this clown world stuff? Are we taking issue with the word "infiltrated"? or maybe "spies"? Are those really hairs we need to split? You say there were "Russian Operatives" there. Everyone knows what is implied by that statement. You mean spies (which means something less dramatic than what you see in movies). You mean russian government agents. You mean people loyal to the russian governement conducting an "operation" at its behest. Or what else could you have meant by "Russian operatives"?

    Your question is asked in the worst of bad faith. You said "operatives were there". There's an implication there that is ostensibly the same as "spies infiltrated". And even if we agree that poetic license was used for a slight exaggeration...who cares! You made this claim about Russian operatives without ANY evidence, detail, or context. That's the problem. That was the POINT of what I said. You're dodging that by poking me with this bad faith charade.
    I'm assuming these are serious questions, so here goes.

    - I said there's information, aka I've read about it, which I later elaborated on
    - You said that I claim there were

    I made no claim, I said what I had read. Do you see the difference? Like what exactly are you accusing me of, what do you think I'm doing?

    I don't know if there were Russians involved, and if there were I don't know who they were or what they were doing. All of that's irrelevant, when the point was just to demonstrate there were all kinds of people. They weren't all insurrectionists, but they weren't all just protesters either. What are you trying to achieve by getting hung up on this detail? Was this the only weak point you could find and try to attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    What are you trying to prove here?
    Nothing, why do you assume I'm trying to prove something? You seemed to have no idea how data gets classified, so I provided you with the information.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Yet it happens all the time! Showing me the rules doesn't change that. The government does lots of shit it shouldn't do. Sheesh.
    Since you seem to be under the impression that people classify stuff on a whim, it seemed appropriate to explain why that's not the case. Does some data sometimes get "overclassified" just in case? Absolutely. Does data sometimes get erroneously classified without proper legal or regulatory cause? I'm sure it does. Is all classified data just bs that's classified for shits and giggles? I'm sure you know the answer, so why even try to make that inane argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    It's KNOWN that Hillary mishandled classified information. That's not in dispute. She was never charged with it though. That's also a fact not in dispute. How can those two facts be true without flexibility somewhere in the system.
    How do you know that what she did warranted a charge? Why wasn't Ivanka charged for essentially the exact same thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Clearly it's not a black & white issue because it was a major political scandal for years! It's also been over for years. Are you really asking to relive it now?
    Yes, I found it quite amusing how the right made it a headline issue for years. I'm sure it was all out of pure patriotic concern, nothing political about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    I don't want unnecessary conflict here but I'm not gonna let people poke me like this without speaking up. Bill's questions can't be real. It's bad faith trolling if I've ever seen it.
    If your new tactic is to just endlessly try to find some blame on others, with may I say pretty flimsy arguments, maybe we should just end it right here.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  3. #8628
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    I made no claim, I said what I had read. Do you see the difference?
    No actually. What you said was abundantly clear. The only reason you brought up what you read was to suggest that Russian government agents were present at the Capitol demonstrations and the implication is that their purposes were not beneficial to the united states. You weren't suggesting that the Russian secretary of cheese just happened to be strolling by, were you?

    Whether you made a claim or just implied one is really not a meaningful distinction in the context of this conversation.

    Like what exactly are you accusing me of, what do you think I'm doing?
    I think you know exactly what you implied/suggested/claimed/said when you brought up "russian operatives". And I think you're purposefully trying to nitpick any response for the slightest incongruent syllable so you can fuel a ridiculous argument about nothing. I just don't understand 'why' you're doing it.

    I don't know if there were Russians involved, and if there were I don't know who they were or what they were doing. All of that's irrelevant,
    HUH???

    when the point was just to demonstrate there were all kinds of people.
    Ooooh, you just brought up Russians to illustrate ethnic diversity? I get it now.

    You seemed to have no idea how data gets classified
    Except I worked for three years at a job where I handled classified data every single day. I know what kind of shit gets classified. I know how it gets classified. I already told you this. But you thought your five second google search result would change my mind huh?

    Since you seem to be under the impression that people classify stuff on a whim,
    They do

    How do you know that what she did warranted a charge?
    This has to be a troll!

    Why wasn't Ivanka charged for essentially the exact same thing?
    Cuz flexibility!!!
  4. #8629
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    No actually. What you said was abundantly clear. The only reason you brought up what you read was to suggest that Russian government agents were present at the Capitol demonstrations and the implication is that their purposes were not beneficial to the united states. You weren't suggesting that the Russian secretary of cheese just happened to be strolling by, were you?

    Whether you made a claim or just implied one is really not a meaningful distinction in the context of this conversation.


    I think you know exactly what you implied/suggested/claimed/said when you brought up "russian operatives". And I think you're purposefully trying to nitpick any response for the slightest incongruent syllable so you can fuel a ridiculous argument about nothing. I just don't understand 'why' you're doing it.
    More of the same.

    Stop telling people what they mean. This is disrespectful.

    You're free to be confused by other people's motives. You're free to speculate what their motives may be. You're free to ask them their motives. You're free to question whether those people are being genuine with you. You are not free to tell them their motives.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  5. #8630
    Wut? i get called out for bad faith, and manipulation, and "ad arjkeafji banaadasja" al the time.


    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    You are not free to tell them their motives.
    if that's a forum rule, fine. I'll abide.

    But if it's a special rule for me, just ban me.
  6. #8631
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    It is a general rule that I apply to all social situations, and I will apply it to anyone who disrespects you in this way on FTR.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  7. #8632
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The New Yorker with what looks like new footage of whatever it is these guys thought they were doing on Jan 6:

    Last edited by oskar; 01-18-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  8. #8633
    ^ Already posted by cocco. Keep up.

    Still hilarious though.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  9. #8634
    Ok, let's do a highlight reel. I'm only about 30 sec into watching it again and I've already got three gems:

    "Where the fuck are they?" (well, avoiding you idiots I imagine. where do you think they are?)

    Guy in combat gear: "It's an IO war, we can't lose the IO war. We're better than that!" (wut???)

    Doofus looking through a folder, with his camera out ready to take pictures: "There's gotta be something in here we can use against these scumbags!" (yeah I'm sure they made sure to leave their diabolical plans right there on the lectern when they left the building)
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  10. #8635
    40 sec: Chewbacca wannabe doing a war dance on the mezzanine.

    50 sec: One guy: "I think Cruz would want us to do this." Other guy: "Yeah, we're good." lolz
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  11. #8636
    Dont' forget the cuck cop with hands in his pockets defending "the sacredest place"

    LOLZ
  12. #8637
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    ^ Already posted by cocco. Keep up.

    Still hilarious though.
    I'm not even employed right now and I still can't keep up with whatever it is you guys think you're doing.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  13. #8638
    3.30: Walking down the hallway banging on doors like someone is a) still inside those rooms; and b) going to open the doors for a mob of goons.

    "1776!"

    "You're afraid of ANTIFA? Well guess what, America showed up!"


    4:00 "While we're here we might as well set up a government." I really wish they had followed through with that idea.

    4:40 "They can steal an election but we can't sit in their chairs?"

    5:20 "Look it's Ted Cruz' objection, he was gonna sell us out all along...(start reading it, 10 seconds later figure it out) "Oh wait, that's a good thing. He's with us, he's with us!"

    I gotta stop now, my ribs are starting to hurt.

    It's like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington meets One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  14. #8639
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Dont' forget the cuck cop with hands in his pockets defending "the sacredest place"

    LOLZ
    And yet he was still the coolest guy in the room.

    Correction: Wannabe Chewbacca was kind of cool - i liked him. I'm sure he'll make lots of friends in prison.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  15. #8640
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I gotta stop now, my ribs are starting to hurt.

    It's like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington meets One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
    Yes. You need to think of it like this. Remember this and shake your head every time you read about how it was a "dangerous insurrection" and "white supremacist riot"
  16. #8641
    Having a screw loose does not preclude being dangerous, more the opposite if anything.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  17. #8642
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Yes. You need to think of it like this. Remember this and shake your head every time you read about how it was a "dangerous insurrection" and "white supremacist riot"
    This is something you probably should have learned from personal experience by now, but the Venn diagram of white supremacists and fucking morons has historically always been a perfect circle.

    You have to be an idiot to think a real estate heir who has failed in business all his life would be fit to run the country, but if he shouts racist nonsense he'll have your vote. You have to be an idiot to think there's anything you can do to turn around the election when nearly every single case brought by the president has been dismissed. And you have to be almost maximally retarded to think that you can breach the capitol and then have the orange god emperor tweet you his instructions to bring down the new world order.

    These people are dangerous because of how stupid they are, and especially because they have powerful support behind them. Nobody marches into what is likely the best protected place in the world without being essentially invited in. Trump almost certainly had some sort of coup in mind but he can barely string two thoughts together, so this is the best he and his supporters could do.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  18. #8643
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Trump almost certainly had some sort of coup in mind ...
    He was hoping Pence would look out the window and change his mind about opening debate about the electoral certification.
  19. #8644
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    If you're still trying to make a case for Trump not being a total retard, you're doing a bad job.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  20. #8645
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    If you're still trying to make a case for Trump not being a total retard, you're doing a bad job.
    he's not a retard. He's done too many complex things in his life. This really isn't the basis for a civil or serious discussion. 75 milliion people voted for him. You don't have to agree with them. But telling half the country that they voted for a retard, or hitler, is not something that's going to reduce the sum total of toxicity in the country.

    I'll bet you have a "Hate Has No Home Here" sign in your yard.



    Was he bad at governing? Kinda. But who cares? He's gone!

    This campaign to ruin anyone who's ever been in a room with him is scarily stalin-esque

    Accepting that so chosen members of the ruling class can play "woke crusaders" and pretend they're ending white supremacy is a really really bad idea.
    Last edited by Mr.Banana; 01-18-2021 at 07:16 PM.
  21. #8646
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Correction: Wannabe Chewbacca was kind of cool - i liked him. I'm sure he'll make lots of friends in prison.
    Ask yourself what you think an appropriate prison term would be for the "crime" you saw in that video.

    Now look at what he's actually facing

    Spoiler:
    25 years

    Clown world justice
  22. #8647
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    You have to be an idiot to think [...]
    I get your passion, but it could be interpreted that you're calling out Nanners as an idiot as he may or may not believe those things.

    Let's try to keep it cool for the short term and establish a tone of conversation where we actively avoid pushing each other's buttons.
    I'm sure you could have expressed those thoughts without stereotyping all those people as idiots. Some are, some aren't. All are more complicated than can be summed up by a political party belief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    I'll bet you have a "Hate Has No Home Here" sign in your yard.
    Yeah, you've said this a few times. No one knows where you got this from, but it's obvious you're using this to call FTR members bigots.
    Knock it off.


    ***
    What did they think would happen when they scared the shit out of the actual people who write the actual laws?
    Even if all they intended to do was scare them, which maybe it was for a lot of them - those people who you scared are going to react. And when the people you scared are your own legislators, well... consequences.

    Don't get me wrong, we send way, way too many people to prison in the US by a factor of about 10x, and I'm not saying any prison sentences are justified for the vast majority of protestors on Jan 6, IMO.


    You do have to appreciate the irony in the "law and order" party getting all bent out of shape when the law is pointed at them, though, right?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  23. #8648
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Ah well... scratch that, oskar.

    Do what you like. I'm done with the stress of dealing with Nanners.

    He said he refuses to respect my boundaries, and asked me to ban him, rather than leaving like an adult.

    So I did.

    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  24. #8649
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    You nazi!
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  25. #8650
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    If I had never read Orwell I would call this Orwellian.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  26. #8651
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    You nazi!
    I need to work on my blitzkrieg.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  27. #8652
    [modded]
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-19-2021 at 07:31 AM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  28. #8653
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,667
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    [modded]
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-19-2021 at 07:31 AM.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  29. #8654
    [modded]
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-19-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  30. #8655
    banana has been banned.

    If banana comes back, ignore him please, and leave him to me or mojo.

    That's the end of the matter. I expect everyone to not insult him where he can't defend himself. I'm asking people to avoid talking about him. I will moderate posts if necessary.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-19-2021 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  31. #8656
    [modded]
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-19-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  32. #8657
    [modded]
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-19-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  33. #8658
    [modded]
    Last edited by OngBonga; 01-19-2021 at 08:05 AM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  34. #8659
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  35. #8660
    I'm sure Trump did this too - well, ok I'm pretty sure he didn't.

    https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1351248093774229507
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  36. #8661
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  37. #8662
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I'm sure Trump did this too - well, ok I'm pretty sure he didn't.

    https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1351248093774229507
    Such a pointless photo op. Didn't even tear gas any protestors or hold a Bible upside down... and there wasn't even a sex shop next door. If I can't pickup a new Ass Blaster 9000 dildomatic while being MAGA AF, then what's even the point?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  38. #8663
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    My last minute pardon prediction is: Ghislaine Maxwell is more likely to be on that list than Julian Assange.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  39. #8664
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    lol Bannon gets pardoned from defrauding Trump supporters with his Build-the-Wall scam, or in other words:

    Stephen K. Bannon – President Trump granted a full pardon to Stephen Bannon. Prosecutors pursued Mr. Bannon with charges related to fraud stemming from his involvement in a political project. Mr. Bannon has been an important leader in the conservative movement and is known for his political acumen.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...emency-012021/
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  40. #8665
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  41. #8666
    Cartoon villain outgoing president score: 11/10.

    It's obviously being shamelessly abused by Trump right now, but I've never been a fan of the whole presidential pardon thing. What do you have judges and juries for, if the POTUS can just say "nah, set him free, I like him." Seems to just invite corruption to me.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  42. #8667
    This pretty much sums up the last four years.

    https://twitter.com/LeeHolly81/statu...10853788278784
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  43. #8668
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Cartoon villain outgoing president score: 11/10.

    It's obviously being shamelessly abused by Trump right now, but I've never been a fan of the whole presidential pardon thing. What do you have judges and juries for, if the POTUS can just say "nah, set him free, I like him." Seems to just invite corruption to me.
    It's meant to be a check on the judicial system.

    We all know that no one is perfect, and that some innocent people will be accidentally convicted from time to time.

    The intent of the presidential pardon power is to create an avenue of justice for those individuals.


    Even with Trump, from what I read (not much of the whole list of pardons, mind) it seemed like most of the pardons were going to people who'd already served their court penalties - whatever jail time and fines had already been served, and the person had already been back in the public space. I don't really have a problem with these pardons - the system made them pay, and then later their slate was wiped clean. In principal, I don't object to this.

    I do agree that the pardon power is abused regularly, though... and it is not used in practice to ensure justice to the wrongly convicted.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  44. #8669
    Congrats US on having a normal president again!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  45. #8670
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,241
    Location
    Finding my game
    I've heard a lot of people chant that the economy had been doing great under Drumpf, let's look at the MAGAstatistics:

    - unemployment rate went from 4.3% to 6.7%
    - GDP growth rate went from annual avg of 1.62% under Obama to 0.95%
    - government public debt went from $18.9T to $23.7T (from 102% of GDP to 122%)

    I guess that's good then?
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  46. #8671
    Hard to compare the effects given what Obama inherited and what the pandemic did. I would not even try. One thing for certain though is the debt exploded under Trump.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  47. #8672
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,241
    Location
    Finding my game
    Apples to oranges (ahem) for sure, but I find it hard to find any metric on how things have improved. Willful ignorance, pure and simple.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  48. #8673
    Jack Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,667
    Location
    Jack-high straight flush motherfucker
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Hard to compare the effects given what Obama inherited and what the pandemic did. I would not even try. One thing for certain though is the debt exploded under Trump.
    Bitcoin too, ergo mistrust in fait reserves
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...


    Cogito ergo sum

    VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
  49. #8674
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I haven't heard of Trump actually trying to pardon himself... huh. I was certain he'd at least try it.

    He left the White House of his own accord. I expected that, but when it happened I was still a bit relieved.

    Can't wait to see what comes of the 2nd impeachment trial under a 50/50 Senate with Harris as the tie-breaker.
    Is Mitch McConnell going to actually vote to condemn Trump on anything? Or is it all just good PR to take occasional swings at Trump lately?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  50. #8675
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  51. #8676
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    Even with Trump, from what I read (not much of the whole list of pardons, mind) it seemed like most of the pardons were going to people who'd already served their court penalties - whatever jail time and fines had already been served, and the person had already been back in the public space. I don't really have a problem with these pardons - the system made them pay, and then later their slate was wiped clean. In principal, I don't object to this.
    In the most serious cases this is not true.

    Roger Stone, Paul Manafort; those guilty of mass murder in the Nisour Square massacre and war criminal Eddie Gallagher are among some who had not served their full sentence.
    There's also a long list of white collar criminals accused of fraud theft and tax evasion who haven't been sentenced yet.

    There are also some random pardons of people who are apparently serving decades for selling weed that are also being pardoned. Not sure why this is still a thing. I guess Obama was too afraid of the optics of doing away with that, god bless him.

    Very obvious pardons like Snowden, Assange, Reality Winner are of course not on the list.

    Like many things the constitution simply did not take into account the possibility of a career criminal being elected into the highest office.
    I'm not sure I'm on board with the idea that it puts a check on the judiciary because obviously here it's just being used to pardon criminals and those who slaughter non-white children. But even in the best case it seems like almost inconsequential theatre that gives the illusion that something is being done, when in reality weed is still widely criminalized and anti spionage laws are being enacted on citizens.
    Last edited by oskar; 01-20-2021 at 03:20 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  52. #8677
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I haven't heard of Trump actually trying to pardon himself... huh. I was certain he'd at least try it.

    He left the White House of his own accord. I expected that, but when it happened I was still a bit relieved.

    Can't wait to see what comes of the 2nd impeachment trial under a 50/50 Senate with Harris as the tie-breaker.
    Is Mitch McConnell going to actually vote to condemn Trump on anything? Or is it all just good PR to take occasional swings at Trump lately?
    Impeachment requires a supermajority. They need 25 republicans.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  53. #8678
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I haven't heard of Trump actually trying to pardon himself... huh. I was certain he'd at least try it.

    He left the White House of his own accord. I expected that, but when it happened I was still a bit relieved.

    Can't wait to see what comes of the 2nd impeachment trial under a 50/50 Senate with Harris as the tie-breaker.
    Is Mitch McConnell going to actually vote to condemn Trump on anything? Or is it all just good PR to take occasional swings at Trump lately?

    I'd be interested to know what kind of negotiations went on between Jan. 6 and a few days later when he officially disavowed the MAGAlution. He certainly didn't do it while it was going on in any serious way. I wouldn't be surprised if he got told to either cancel the coup d'tard or go straight from the WH to prison.

    As for the rest of it, doubt he ever spends any time in jail. He might end up having the leave the country, but that's about it.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  54. #8679
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Impeachment requires a supermajority. They need 25 republicans.
    I'm not sure I follow. Impeachment happens in the House, not the Senate.

    The impeachment trial (Senate) is what I was talking about.

    Wasn't the big reason the first impeachment didn't result in anything due to the fact that the R controlled Senate had the power to stop any and all evidence from being considered? I thought they were able to stonewall the Senate trial by making so that there was literally no evidence against any claims because they disallowed any evidence from being heard.

    Is that wrong?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  55. #8680
    I thought they needed 2/3 majority in senate to convict, so 67 senators?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  56. #8681
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Talking of perversion of justice: Eddie Gallagher killed at least one kid in cold blood and was known to target practice on Iraqi school children. One of his buddies negotiated immunity in order to testify, and then confessed to the murder himself, thereby absolving Gallagher while being immune from any legal consequences.
    If that wasn't perversion of justice enough, Trump pardoned him from the only crime Gallagher was officially convicted of: desecrating a corpse.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  57. #8682
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. Impeachment happens in the House, not the Senate.

    The impeachment trial (Senate) is what I was talking about.

    Wasn't the big reason the first impeachment didn't result in anything due to the fact that the R controlled Senate had the power to stop any and all evidence from being considered? I thought they were able to stonewall the Senate trial by making so that there was literally no evidence against any claims because they disallowed any evidence from being heard.

    Is that wrong?
    He has already been impeached by the house...

    I guess I misunderstood. They needed more republicans than they could realistically get. I think it's highly unlikely senate upholds it this time either.
    Last edited by oskar; 01-20-2021 at 03:28 PM.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  58. #8683
    I assume this is due to covid, but still...

    https://twitter.com/RaymondMcNeel/st...30401909075973
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  59. #8684
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I'd be interested to know what kind of negotiations went on between Jan. 6 and a few days later when he officially disavowed the MAGAlution. He certainly didn't do it while it was going on in any serious way. I wouldn't be surprised if he got told to either cancel the coup d'tard or go straight from the WH to prison.

    As for the rest of it, doubt he ever spends any time in jail. He might end up having the leave the country, but that's about it.
    I really don't think it's remotely plausible that Trump will ever be sentenced with any prison time, and if he were, Biden would almost certainly pardon him. The image and precedent of an ex-POTUS serving prison time is not really palatable to anyone who has the power over it. (I imagine, having consulted my crystal ball and stuff.)

    He could be banned from ever holding a federal office ever again, though. Meaning we'll never have to endure a 2nd term from him.

    Martyring Trump before the Republican base is not a good thing for the US, I think.
    If the Republican leadership choose to turn against him, they still have to sell that to the Republican voters. They will have their own actions over the past 4 years, and their every cooperation with Trump scrutinized by the Dems, and they'll have to answer questions about how they can condemn Trump for things they helped him do. That's practically political suicide, I think.


    Which is why I'm curious what will come of the Senate trial.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  60. #8685
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    He has already been impeached by the house...

    I guess I misunderstood. They needed more republicans than they could realistically get. I think it's highly unlikely senate upholds it this time either.

    Looked it up. They need 2/3 majority to convict, so 67 total senators, so 17 Rs.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  61. #8686
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    If Rep voters are so fed up with the swamp... why do they re-elect so many of their incumbent candidates?

    If the career politicians are the swamp, I mean. Not sure what the swamp is if not entrenched political powers that are increasingly distant from "the working man."

    (Not that I think, historically speaking, the working man is more distant from Washington politicians, but IDK what the swamp is, so I'm guessing.)
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  62. #8687
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,241
    Location
    Finding my game
    Just calling it "the swamp" was brilliant, I wonder who came up with it. Trump himself initially said he hated it, but the crowds loved it so he stuck with it[citation needed]. Everyone can just inject whoever they hate the most into it, the Dems, left-leaning gov officials, the media etc. Personally I'd 100% agree it would be corrupt career politicians, corporate lobbyists and so on.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  63. #8688
    Has Biden been arrested yet? When are they going to spring the trap?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  64. #8689
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    If I had never read Orwell I would call this Orwellian.
    lol
  65. #8690
    So...looking forward to 2024, what are the most likely matchups for POTUS?

    1. Harris vs. Cruz
    2. Ivanka vs. Oprah
    3. Rudy vs. the ghost of JFK

    More seriously, who can the Rs put up? Do they want someone with the stink of Trump on them (i.e., pretty much all of them right now), or someone completely new?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  66. #8691
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Right now, I think that if Trump can run again, he will. There's a lot of time between now and then, though.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  67. #8692
    He definitely has the stink of Trump on him. If he's allowed to run again I will puke.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  68. #8693
    I love how these are the only choices.

    https://twitter.com/smartin2018/stat...69556617465856
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  69. #8694
    Wannabe Chewbacca is great. I really want him to have his own show in prison.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  70. #8695
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,628
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Apparently, since Trump is no longer the sitting POTUS, the constitutional guidelines about impeachment of POTUS do not apply.

    It looks like Chief Justice Roberts will not be presiding over the Senate hearing, rather the other Dem Senator from Vermont (the one that's not Bernie Sanders) will do it.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  71. #8696
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,638
    Location
    North Carolina
    I'm expecting both major parties to split over the next two years, and I think the Republicans will be the ones to do it first.
  72. #8697
    USA needs to get away from two-party politics, and so does the UK.

    We do have more than two parties, but only two have any chance of winning an election. That needs to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  73. #8698
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,638
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    USA needs to get away from two-party politics, and so does the UK.

    We do have more than two parties, but only two have any chance of winning an election. That needs to change.
    I agree. We only need one party.

    :3
  74. #8699
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,638
    Location
    North Carolina


    Source: https://gab.com/realdonaldtrump/post...76492729211129


    HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT?

    "We will win!" = 12 characters. Trump was the 45th president. What's 45 - 12? That's right, 33, the highest Masonic rank. What year did Trump run for president? 2016. You take 33, subtract 16, and you get 17! Don't you fucks understand? What is the 17th letter of the alphabet? Q!

    DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT IT IS MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS TO BE A COINCIDENCE?

    THAT'S RIGHT! Motherfucking Q confirmed!























    Edit: I feel the need to point out that this is trolling before some purple-haired dipshit tries to put me in a reeducation camp sometime next year.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 02-22-2021 at 06:09 PM.
  75. #8700
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •