Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,288,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** The Official MAGAposting thread ***

Page 110 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,250 of 8924
  1. #8176
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Looked like he did a fine job to me.
    Yeah I mean the video ends with the woman in a pool of blood and a bunch of stunned cunts looking down on her, so it's not clear if another one tried to climb thru the same window. But I'mma gonna go out on a limb and say "probably not."
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #8177
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/
    Donald J. Trump's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:38:51.
    Did someone just get 25'ed?
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  3. #8178
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post

    Did someone just get 25'ed?
    Not according to the Independent:

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1785271.html

    Perhaps he has succumbed to a "medical emergency?"

    I had a feeling that once the coup failed and he went silent, that they'd put him under house arrest and were just keeping it quiet.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  4. #8179
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    House will vote on impeachment on wednesday if he hasn't resigned or removed through the 25th by then. Resigning and getting a pardon might be the best move for him. I don't think his ego allows that. I hope this isn't Nixon 2.0. I wouldn't bet money on Trump facing any consequence, but I sure hope he will.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  5. #8180
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Trump admin just criminalized humanitarian aid to Yemen and designated Cuba a state sponsor of terrorism. Whatever the plan is there, it's not good.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  6. #8181
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I mean I'd like to think there's somewhere much more secure the senators can be evacuated to, but I don't know this. They could've been in an office fouling their underwear.
    Yes, they have bunkers inside the building. That's where the "important" people were. They were never in any danger.
  7. #8182
    Ong - what if the cop just put he gun away, opened the door and said "Fuck it, go ahead"

    How would that be worse than what actually happened?
  8. #8183
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Yes, they have bunkers inside the building. That's where the "important" people were. They were never in any danger.
    One of the new Qanon congresswomen tweetet out their location down to the minute when the mob was coming up the stairs. I know those fuckers like to do "research" but apparently they didn't do enough research to know where the chamber of the house was or they would have found them.
    Staff and congress was hiding in different locations. They definitely weren't in any sort of bunker. At least not all of them.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  9. #8184
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Ong - what if the cop just put he gun away, opened the door and said "Fuck it, go ahead"

    How would that be worse than what actually happened?
    It doesn't really matter what I think happens. What does the cop think happens, with the information he has at the time, given the stress and fear he is currently under? Does he think standing down will endanger congress, staff or security? Maybe he was under direct orders to not stand down. idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  10. #8185
    I'm calling the shooter a cop, when all I saw was a gun. It could have been congress security, or even military. Cop seems most likely, but it's not a given. Who knows where his orders were coming from? Who knows if he intended to fire a warning shot and hit someone by accident? Too much speculation.

    I don't have a great deal of sympathy for the lady who was shot. Obviously it's terrible, but when you put yourself in that situation, you have to understand it's a risk you're willingly taking. I mean, the same can be argued when we talk about cops, who sign up for a dangerous job, but there's the difference... the cops are just doing their job, while the protesters are the ones causing the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  11. #8186
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It doesn't really matter what I think happens. What does the cop think happens, with the information he has at the time, given the stress and fear he is currently under? Does he think standing down will endanger congress, staff or security? Maybe he was under direct orders to not stand down. idk.
    Every other cop in the place was faced with the exact same decision. They were all armed. They were all confronted by crowds of people in one way or another. They all knew they were standing between the protesters and law makers.

    Somehow only one cop used bullets.
  12. #8187
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Every other cop in the place was faced with the exact same decision. They were all armed. They were all confronted by crowds of people in one way or another. They all knew they were standing between the protesters and law makers.

    Somehow only one cop used bullets.
    Sure, but this one cop was protecting an area where the protesters had not yet accessed. That entrance might have been a "red line". We're speculating hard here, I'm unaware of a report on this yet, but the details should trickle out over time. As things stand, I'll give the cop the benefit of the doubt and assume he was justified in his actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  13. #8188
    Your whole theory hinges on "Maybe that was a really sensitive area that they were trying to access"

    Did you see the flimsy door with lots of breakable glass? Does that look like the kind of thing you would use to barricade a high-value, vulnerable, or sensitive area?
  14. #8189
    Face it dude, the cop shit his pants. That's all. That used to be a crime, until it was a Trump supporter getting killed.
  15. #8190
    Cops shooting crowds of protesters used to be considered really really bad in this country.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_S...s#Legal_action

    Some of the Guardsmen on Blanket Hill, fearful and anxious from prior events, may have believed in their own minds that their lives were in danger. Hindsight suggests that another method would have resolved the confrontation. Better ways must be found to deal with such a confrontation.
  16. #8191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Your whole theory hinges on "Maybe that was a really sensitive area that they were trying to access"

    Did you see the flimsy door with lots of breakable glass? Does that look like the kind of thing you would use to barricade a high-value, vulnerable, or sensitive area?
    idk, maybe you're right, but I'm not going to default to "cop is a cunt" under such circumstances. I might well change my mind as more information emerges.

    Honestly, I'm just trying to be neutral here. I didn't have any sympathy for BLM protesters who fought with cops, I don't have sympathy for looters who get shot, I'm not going to have any for a protester who gets shot in the Capitol when a mob is trying to force its way into an area they don't currently hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  17. #8192
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    idk, maybe you're right, but I'm not going to default to "cop is a cunt" under such circumstances. I might well change my mind as more information emerges.

    Honestly, I'm just trying to be neutral here. I didn't have any sympathy for BLM protesters who fought with cops, I don't have sympathy for looters who get shot, I'm not going to have any for a protester who gets shot in the Capitol when a mob is trying to force its way into an area they don't currently hold.
    You're wrong. We entrust cops with the a literal license to kill. We arm them, train them, and empower them to use deadly force when absolutely necessary. In return, we're allowed to hold them to an extremely high standard of probable cause for using that force.

    "they weren't supposed to be there" is not a good enough reason for shooting someone.

    I can't believe that people afraid of a dictatorship are perfectly ok saying "well, cops should just be allowed to have "red lines" where they can shoot anyone who crosses it"
  18. #8193
    Quote Originally Posted by banana
    I can't believe that people afraid of a dictatorship are perfectly ok saying "well, cops should just be allowed to have "red lines" where they can shoot anyone who crosses it"
    I mean if this is a cop who just panicked, you're right, he's unfit for the job. But that's an assumption at this stage. When cops shoot black people, I'm the first to argue that maybe that individual was behaving in a way where it was a serious risk, and that maybe he wasn't shot because of the colour of his skin. In some cases I'm wrong, and perhaps I am here.

    It's not that "they're not supposed to be here". Trespass doesn't warrant a bullet to the neck. The cop is only justified if he felt he, or those he was protecting, were in danger, and that he had no other option. I can't say that isn't the case. Can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  19. #8194
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    ....he had no other option. I can't say that isn't the case. Can you?
    Yeah, yeah I can.

    Do you know how I know?

    Tons of other cops faced the same decision and chose another option.
  20. #8195
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Yeah, yeah I can.

    Do you know how I know?

    Tons of other cops faced the same decision and chose another option.
    I'm still reserving judgement. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm simply exercising caution.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  21. #8196
    Well alright, let's get back to parler then.

    I hope the libertarians wake the fuck up now. The "Free Market" isn't free anymore. You can't just "make your own twitter" and compete.

    The tech oligarchs at Google, Apple, and Amazon can squeeze you out if you get too popular.
  22. #8197
    So banana, in your fevered imagination what was this all about? Just a peaceful protest that the cop overreacted to?

    Also, curious to hear the right-wing theory of why the security at the Capitol was so lax to begin with. Another frame up by BLM?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  23. #8198
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    One of the new Qanon congresswomen tweetet out their location down to the minute when the mob was coming up the stairs. I know those fuckers like to do "research" but apparently they didn't do enough research to know where the chamber of the house was or they would have found them.
    Staff and congress was hiding in different locations. They definitely weren't in any sort of bunker. At least not all of them.
    Unless she/twitter deleted a bunch of her earlier tweets, I think this is a dead end. She didn't tweet that until after 7 pm, by which time the building was already secure.

    She's still a fucking loony though. Sarah Palin on crack.

    Edit: Unless twitter time-stamped it with UK time and not local time; in that case it was at 2.15 pm D.C. time.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 01-11-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  24. #8199
    Best I can piece together from the Buzzfeed map, the woman who was shot was trying to get into the House chambers. Not clear why it was barricaded unless their were still congresspeople inside.

    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...=relatedmanual

    So yeah, a bullet in that situation seems appropriate.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  25. #8200
    Buzzfeed has to be the single most bullshit source of them all.

    I'm probably exaggerating, but fuck me that site is pure garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  26. #8201
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    So banana, in your fevered imagination what was this all about?
    What was what all about? The protest?

    Dude...they came into the room and said "Stop counting votes and go home". Except all the democrats stayed. Then suitcases came out from under desks filled with ballots that went 99% for Biden. Those votes were counted with no verification/supervision. Then someone came and asked "WTF?". And the answer was "a pipe burst". When asked "which pipe?" the answer was "shut up nazi!"

    When they asked the Georgia election official to check into it, he said "Nah, it'll be fine"

    People feel like the election was stolen, and they have a legitimate claim. Regardless of what the real results are, we can't be having situations where hidden suitcases full of votes are counted after a false pipe-burst claim sent all the supervisors home. That can't happen in a country that claims to have fair elections. I dont' care if those suitcases were full of confetti. That kind of shit can't be happening, period. When it does, it raises doubt.

    add to that all the swing states that corruptly changed their voting rules just weeks before the election and you get a hell of a lot of pissed off people. Regardless of who you think actually won, you have to admit there is enough shifty bullshit to justify doubt.
  27. #8202
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    So yeah, a bullet in that situation seems appropriate.
    No. No it doesn't
  28. #8203
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Well alright, let's get back to parler then.

    I hope the libertarians wake the fuck up now. The "Free Market" isn't free anymore. You can't just "make your own twitter" and compete.

    The tech oligarchs at Google, Apple, and Amazon can squeeze you out if you get too popular.
    The simple solution is to stop giving them money. I use DuckDuckGo, I don't have Amazon Prime, I buy my shit off eBay, I don't have a smartphone, I just try to give as little of my money as possible to these companies. Obviously it's impossible to cut them out altogether, but I try.

    Both Facebook and Twitter have lost billions off their value in the last day. It's probably a temporary loss, but that depends if an alternative can be established.

    Parler never was a viable alternative. Gab might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  29. #8204
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    simple solution
    no. Just no
  30. #8205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    What was what all about? The protest?

    Dude...they came into the room and said "Stop counting votes and go home". Except all the democrats stayed. Then suitcases came out from under desks filled with ballots that went 99% for Biden. Those votes were counted with no verification/supervision. Then someone came and asked "WTF?". And the answer was "a pipe burst". When asked "which pipe?" the answer was "shut up nazi!"

    When they asked the Georgia election official to check into it, he said "Nah, it'll be fine"

    People feel like the election was stolen, and they have a legitimate claim. Regardless of what the real results are, we can't be having situations where hidden suitcases full of votes are counted after a false pipe-burst claim sent all the supervisors home. That can't happen in a country that claims to have fair elections. I dont' care if those suitcases were full of confetti. That kind of shit can't be happening, period. When it does, it raises doubt.

    add to that all the swing states that corruptly changed their voting rules just weeks before the election and you get a hell of a lot of pissed off people. Regardless of who you think actually won, you have to admit there is enough shifty bullshit to justify doubt.

    Cool story bro.

    Nothing to do with reality except in the vaguest sense that yes, there was an election.

    Other than that methnks you've been watching too much Fox News again.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  31. #8206
    Poop is just proving the protester's point.

    They're problem is that there is a ruling class that not only ignores them...openly despises them.

    Saying it's ok for a cop to kill when he's protecting certain really important people is exactly the problem.
  32. #8207
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    no. Just no
    Well it's not simple because people won't do it. Half the people are actually happy with their unchecked power, and most of the other half are too lazy too make changes.

    But it's simple in theory. If everyone stopped consuming Amazon products, they would disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  33. #8208
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Cool story bro.

    Nothing to do with reality except in the vaguest sense that yes, there was an election.

    Other than that methnks you've been watching too much Fox News again.
    Ok. Just deny it. Nothing to see here.

    hand waving hand waving hand waving.
  34. #8209
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    But it's simple in theory. If everyone stopped consuming Amazon products, they would disappear.
    Yeah, that might work, in theory, if Amazon sold products.

    It doesn't.

    Amazon is a logistics company. They're more like UPS/Fedex than they are like WalMart. Amazon sells marketplace access and infrastructure.

    Not products.
  35. #8210
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Poop is just proving the protester's point.

    They're problem is that there is a ruling class that not only ignores them...openly despises them.
    The US media is the problem. The whole enterprise is an exercise in propaganda about how the other side is trying to fuck you and your side. It's no wonder half your country hates the other half.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Saying it's ok for a cop to kill when he's protecting certain really important people is exactly the problem.
    Everyone being protected by the police is important. Your argument seems to be that the people you elected are LESS important than the average citizen. If it had been a gym full of people watching a basketball game and an angry mob was trying to smash their way in, you'd be ok with the cop shooting them in the face.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  36. #8211
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Ok. Just deny it. Nothing to see here.

    hand waving hand waving hand waving.
    Ok just repeat some more stories you got off FN and I'll ignore them too. Glad we've come to an arrangement.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  37. #8212
    Look man, plenty of people have dug into the "pipe burst" story. There isn't a plumber, contractor, or Aquaman that can corroborate that story. There is no work order. No invoice. Not even a wet spot on the carpet.

    Someone made up a story about a pipe bursting. That is a known, irrefutable fact.

    Now I want to know why they did that.
  38. #8213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    hand waving hand waving hand waving.
    btw, "hand waving" is when you try to argue for something for which you have no plausible evidence. It's not when you dismiss someone's argument because they have no plausible evidence; that's "anti-hand waving."
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  39. #8214
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Yeah, that might work, in theory, if Amazon sold products.

    It doesn't.

    Amazon is a logistics company. They're more like UPS/Fedex than they are like WalMart. Amazon sells marketplace access and infrastructure.

    Not products.
    Ok products, services, same shit. I mean here in the UK they sell football matches. Fine, it's a streaming service, they haven't made an actual product, I was just being lazy with my language.

    If people stop using their services, then they would disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  40. #8215
    I mean maybe I'm just ignorant about what Amazon do. They started off as a rival to eBay, and branched out. To what extent, I really don't know. I don't use their services, at least not directly. Perhaps I do indirectly without being aware of it. That's a problem, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  41. #8216
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    If it had been a gym full of people watching a basketball game and an angry mob was trying to smash their way in, you'd be ok with the cop shooting them in the face.
    No. No I wouldn't.
  42. #8217
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I really don't know [what amazon does]
    They're facilitating a chinese global takeover.
  43. #8218
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...p-says-1558876

    Looks like Trump and his lawyers made up some bullshit to cast doubt on the election, which has been refuted. There's a surveillance videotape of the scene - maybe you should go ask for it under Freedom of Information if this is keeping you up at night.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  44. #8219
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    They're facilitating a chinese global takeover.

    I thought 5G and the coronavirus vaccine were doing that.

    Also, I got news for you. China is going to overtake the US within the next 30 years, whether Amazon is around or not.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  45. #8220
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...p-says-1558876

    Looks like Trump and his lawyers made up some bullshit to cast doubt on the election, which has been refuted. There's a surveillance videotape of the scene - maybe you should go ask for it under Freedom of Information if this is keeping you up at night.
    Hand waving!

    "Oh no, it wasn't a pipe, it was a toilet. Nothing to see here. don't' ask about the hidden suitcases. Don't ask why only the republicans went home. Nothing to see here. Just shut up or we'll put you on the no-fly list."
  46. #8221
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Hand waving!

    "Oh no, it wasn't a pipe, it was a toilet. Nothing to see here. don't' ask about the hidden suitcases. Don't ask why only the republicans went home. Nothing to see here. Just shut up or we'll put you on the no-fly list."
    Go get the video. Seriously, this is going to eat you upside until you finally join yallqaeda and end up dead on the floor of an Amazon warehouse.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  47. #8222
    I've seen the video. It shows hidden suitcases full of ballots getting counted when the republican observers were all sent home after a "plumbing emergency"
  48. #8223
    And on your tombstone it will say "Why didn't they just let me in to commit a few murders?"
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  49. #8224
    And maybe it was all legit. the point is, you don't know. You can't say for sure.

    What happened was against every sound election procedure we have. And enough votes were counted to have possibly swayed the election. It demands an investigation, but an investigation was denied.

    How do you expect people to just accept that quietly?
  50. #8225
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    I've seen the video. It shows hidden suitcases full of ballots getting counted when the republican observers were all sent home after a "plumbing emergency"
    Funny how that video was not used in court in one of Trump's febrile lawsuits.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  51. #8226
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    And on your tombstone it will say "Why didn't they just let me in to commit a few murders?"
    Jesus man. This is the real world, not some "minority report" fan fiction masturbation fantasy.

    You don't get to shoot people for what they "might" do.
  52. #8227
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Funny how that video was not used in court in one of Trump's febrile lawsuits.
    How do you know this?
  53. #8228
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    And maybe it was all legit. the point is, you don't know. You can't say for sure.

    What happened was against every sound election procedure we have. And enough votes were counted to have possibly swayed the election. It demands an investigation, but an investigation was denied.

    How do you expect people to just accept that quietly?
    He lost by three states. They recounted the GA votes twice. The Republican gov'nr told Trump to put down the crack pipe. The courts threw out all the laughable cases they had. It's over, deal with it. Or join yallqaeda. Whatever.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  54. #8229
    Gotta go. Tucker's on
  55. #8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    He lost by three states. They recounted the GA votes twice. The Republican gov'nr told Trump to put down the crack pipe. The courts threw out all the laughable cases they had. It's over, deal with it. Or join yallqaeda. Whatever.
    One hundred thirty something congressman and senators objected to the certification of the election and insisted on an audit of the votes.

    So don't tell me the case is "laughable"

    Collectively those lawmakers represent some 40-50 million people.

    This isn't a fringe conspiracy theory.
  56. #8231
    I'm skipping ahead cuz I'm too lazy to read all of this, but re: the woman getting shot climbing through the barricade:

    The cop decided to make a stand and he decided to draw his weapon to enforce that stand. From what I saw in the video, his gun was obviously drawn. At this point, anyone who continues to advance on his position needs to be considered deranged and/or a serious threat.

    And look, I'm not saying the video gives us all we need to know that it was a justifiable shooting, but given the info in the video and the other info we have, it's nutty to conclude that it probably wasn't justified.
  57. #8232
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    One hundred thirty something congressman and senators objected to the certification of the election and insisted on an audit of the votes.

    So don't tell me the case is "laughable"

    Collectively those lawmakers represent some 40-50 million people.

    This isn't a fringe conspiracy theory.
    Who encouraged and in many cases actively promoted these conspiracy theories? Oh, those very same congressmen and women? So for short term political gain they created this mess, then you're saying their continued short term'ism justifies the mess? Huh?
  58. #8233
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,698
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Then suitcases came out from under desks filled with ballots that went 99% for Biden...
    Well sounds like you got cucked. Maybe try to get a better lawyer next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Who encouraged and in many cases actively promoted these conspiracy theories? Oh, those very same congressmen and women? So for short term political gain they created this mess, then you're saying their continued short term'ism justifies the mess? Huh?
    I absolutely love what's happening. Republicans at the same time cannot afford to break with Trump and cannot afford to hang on to Trump. Trump put them in a situation where they can only lose and it's anyone's guess which option will be more damaging electorally.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  59. #8234
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    Well sounds like you got cucked. Maybe try to get a better lawyer next time.
    RUdy's not a good lawyer? But he's a macho man!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  60. #8235
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    I've seen the video. It shows hidden suitcases full of ballots getting counted when the republican observers were all sent home after a "plumbing emergency"
    So your proof of a rigged election is a random video which shows hidden suitcases (what?), that for some reason you think contain fraudulent votes. So glad to have you back.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-e...n_from_Georgia
    Last edited by CoccoBill; 01-12-2021 at 04:38 AM.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  61. #8236
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    Who encouraged and in many cases actively promoted these conspiracy theories? Oh, those very same congressmen and women? So for short term political gain they created this mess, then you're saying their continued short term'ism justifies the mess? Huh?
    I don't even know how to begin to respond to this. What exactly is your argument?

    Are you saying that roughly 25% of congress decided it would be "good" for them to howl "conspiracy theories"?

    "Conspiracy Theory" is a slur. Not an argument.
  62. #8237
    Seriously guys, don't bother trying to debate the Georgia suitcases with me. The fraud claims related to that have *NOT* been debunked.

    No one can explain why the republicans went home and no one else did.

    Every "Fact check" article about this simply quotes the GA official as saying that's "normal ballot processing".

    Well, it's not NORMAL because it only happened during that exact time when no one was watching. That's not normal.

    They won't explain it. they just say, "nah, Trump is wrong. Stop undermining democracy you insurrectionist!! What we did was NORMAL"

    that's not an explanation. that's hand waving


    It's funny. Boost just gave me a jab telling me how 25% of this country's legislator is guilty of espousing conspiracy theories for short term personal gain. But the one democrat in charge of GA elections.....that guys is just doing his job "normally"

    Wow
  63. #8238
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    So your proof of a rigged election is a random video which shows hidden suitcases (what?), that for some reason you think contain fraudulent votes. So glad to have you back.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-e...n_from_Georgia
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said "rigged". I said there is enough irregularities and nonsense to cast an unacceptable amount of doubt on the election results.



    But since you brought up the word. Having a handful of activist judges change the election laws in multiple states, just weeks before the election, all in ways that favor democrats....that really sounds like "rigging" to most people.
  64. #8239
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    I absolutely love what's happening. Republicans at the same time cannot afford to break with Trump and cannot afford to hang on to Trump. Trump put them in a situation where they can only lose and it's anyone's guess which option will be more damaging electorally.
    We should make a time-capsule thread. I want to respond to this in four years.
  65. #8240
    https://wtop.com/dc/2021/01/prosecut...fficers-death/

    Coming soon to America....gulags.
  66. #8241
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    But since you brought up the word. Having a handful of activist judges change the election laws in multiple states, just weeks before the election, all in ways that favor democrats....that really sounds like "rigging" to most people.
    A handful of activist judges heh. It's really a shame that the more people are allowed to vote, the more it favors democrats, isn't it.

    "Among the 29 states and the District of Columbia that enacted expansive voting laws, seven states stand out for particularly ambitious legislative action to protect the right to vote in the face of significant constraints posed by the pandemic. These measures aimed to smooth election administration and protect voters and election workers from Covid-19. California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Nevada, Utah, and Virginia all made substantial changes to their election laws this year to preserve safe access to the ballot box."

    https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...roundup-2020-0
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  67. #8242
    oh fuck off with that.

    The votes are supposed to be observed by independent observers. They can't see shit from 6ft away.

    So we don't get a real election "because it's COVID time!!"

    And that's what you call "particularly ambitious legislation"

    That's a scam.
  68. #8243
    So they expanded mail-in voting, let's just pretend that's fine for now.

    How are people offered "safe access to the ballot box" when a judge rules that the vote-counters don't have to verify signatures on mail-in ballots.
  69. #8244
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    And that's what you call "particularly ambitious legislation"
    Who was it that just minutes ago accused someone of putting words in their mouth?

    So in a nutshell, you don't think COVID is a big deal, because reasons, and therefore having measures to protect people from it is a scam. At least there's some internal coherence between your conspiracy theories, impressive.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  70. #8245
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    So in a nutshell, you don't think COVID is a big deal,
    Well yes, but that's not really relevant here. Covid could be a "big deal" and still not be big enough to justify sacrificing fair elections.

    having measures to protect people from it
    You can use this excuse to justify anything.


    The rules say two people have to see the ballot. This year, only one person saw each ballot....cuz covid. And that's just fine to you? Really dude?
  71. #8246
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    The rules say two people have to see the ballot. This year, only one person saw each ballot....cuz covid. And that's just fine to you? Really dude?
    "The rules", you mean in Georgia? You do know that each state decides "the rules" by themselves? Georgia did not enact any changes to their election laws in 2020.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  72. #8247
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    "The rules", you mean in Georgia?
    No. there you go putting words in my mouth again. Georgia is a problem. PA is a problem. There can be more than one problem. In fact, there are ALOT of problems all around the country and they can't ALL be conspiracy theories.

    If you really think that every ballot can be tied back to a single human, who voted legally, only once, then I don't know what to tell you.

    If you're just going to insist that we swallow everything the media and government say, without any question or challenge, then you're lost. Good luck dude.
  73. #8248
    "There is no evidence of widespread voter fraud"

    Notice how the media drumbeat always makes sure to include that word "widespread".

    Why do you think that is?
  74. #8249
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    No. there you go putting words in my mouth again.
    Ah my bad, didn't realize we're playing bullshit bingo. "Putting words in someone's mouth" means saying someone said something they didn't. Contrast that with someone asking you if this is what you meant. You can usually tell those apart by the question mark at the end. Good job, 1 point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    Georgia is a problem. PA is a problem. There can be more than one problem. In fact, there are ALOT of problems all around the country and they can't ALL be conspiracy theories.
    Ok so "problems" means states that the gop lost, gotcha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    If you really think that every ballot can be tied back to a single human, who voted legally, only once, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Yeah I definitely didn't say anything about any of that, well done. Let the courts, with majority republican nominated judges, mind you, decide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    If you're just going to insist that we swallow everything the media and government say, without any question or challenge, then you're lost. Good luck dude.
    On top of putting words in my mouth, his could also be classified as a strawman or even begging the question. 3 points, nice!
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  75. #8250
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Banana View Post
    "There is no evidence of widespread voter fraud"

    Notice how the media drumbeat always makes sure to include that word "widespread".

    Why do you think that is?
    Because single cases have been found pretty much every election, it would be disingenuous to say there's none.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •