Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,287,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** OFFICIAL BREXIT SUNLIT UPLANDS and #MEGA THREAD ***

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,125 of 1211
  1. #1051
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #1052
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    When in the timeline did he say that?

    Well into June-July last year, there were a lot of discussions about the balance in harm done to the economy by a lockdown balancing against the harm of a pandemic that may or may not be cripplingly fatal to the world. People were still arguing whether or not the COVID death rate was relevant, since it's lower than death rates to the flu.
    It's not clear exactly when it happened because i've heard both pre-second and pre-third lockdown mentioned, but it would have been in the autumn sometime, no earlier than September and as late as December.

    I think by that time about 98% of experts were agreeing that lockdowns saved lives and the economy. Boris' own chief scientific advisors had urged him to lockdown in early Sept. He refused. He finally relented in late Nov.. Then he opened up again for a short time, again in direct contradcition to the scientific advice. Finally he imposed the third lockdown in early Jan. Most of his cabinet (at least by their accounts) were also in favour of earlier lockdowns. One of them told Boris that if he didn't, he would need the army to come in to guard the hospitals. That's when he had his little outburst.


    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    It's an ugly truth, but there is a balance where someone has to consider that there may not be enough death to justify a national lockdown.
    The idea that there is a trade-off between public health and the economy during this pandemic is a myth, as I alluded to above.

    The thing is, because the cases grow exponentially, it's important to move early and move hard. Once cases get to a certain level, it takes much longer to bring them down to a manageable level again. Things like TTI stop working because there's too many cases to trace contacts for.

    Once things are out of control, you have a choice between locking down or letting them spiral further out of control. Since not even Boris wants to consider the option of letting 600k people die, he always (eventually) chose lockdown.

    But this begs the question: if you're not going to just let covid rip through your population unchecked, then you have to accept going into lockdown at some point anyways. So why not do it early for a short period of time rather than wait until cases are much much higher and require a much longer lockdown to bring back under control? That both costs lives and fucks the economy. And that's what he's done three separate times now.

    This is the frustrating thing with him. He seems to want to believe in the covid fairy, that somehow he can avoid using lockdowns and somehow everything will turn out ok. And it's clear by now to everyone but him and some other idiots that that's not how things work.

    The UK has spent more time in lockdown than any country in the world. The TTI system is a joke (because he gave the job to one of his mates rather than to professionals), the health care system is understaffed and under-equipped. We have the worst performing economy out of any major country and close to the highest death rate. It's the worst of both worlds.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 04-27-2021 at 03:50 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  3. #1053
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,511
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Yeah. Well late enough to be without excuses.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  4. #1054
    If it were just the pandemic and being slow, that would be bad enough. But he's constantly being dogged with accusations of corruption and wasting money and all kinds of sleaze. And when he gets confronted on it, he just smiles and changes the subject. It would be cute if he were a six year old but he's in charge of the fucking country. He really is Britain Trump. Even worse, somehow he's still fairly popular.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  5. #1055
    Lol, this was incredible. Boris going bonkers after being asked about the latest sleazy business he's trying to pull as PM, getting donors to pay for his home renovations. On top of all of other greasy shit he's been doing.

    Q that lead to the freakout starts at 11.40; BJ's respone at 12.40





    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  6. #1056
    It's all very well Keir moaning about Tory sleaze, but he has problems with his own party.

    Here's an amusing example of hypocrisy...
    https://vote-watch.com/2021/02/18/hy...other-country/

    There's also a councillor who avoided jail despite having a million, yes a million, images of child porn, including 12 y/o girls being raped.

    Also, the expenses scandal that saw some MPs face criminal charges and even go to prison, Labour won the "disgraced MP" game 6-2, which ironically Keir is well aware of, since he prosecuted them as Director of Public Prosecutions.

    This isn't me saying "well that makes it ok for the Tories to do it". It's not ok. This is me showing why they still get voted in. Sleaze isn't just a Tory problem. They're all corrupt as fuck, some are degenerate as fuck, none of them have any shred of integrity.

    The Electoral Commission is investigating the renovations accusations. If they can prove dishonesty, Boris is finished. That won't be the end of government corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  7. #1057
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It's all very well Keir moaning about Tory sleaze, but he has problems with his own party.

    Here's an amusing example of hypocrisy...
    https://vote-watch.com/2021/02/18/hy...other-country/
    lol that's the best you got? Someone going for a sneaky shag two months ago? Boris has probably done that half a dozen times this week alone.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    There's also a councillor who avoided jail despite having a million, yes a million, images of child porn, including 12 y/o girls being raped.
    Oh well done, you found one perv councillor in Exeter who happens to be Labour. Ergo, they're all baby rapists.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Also, the expenses scandal that saw some MPs face criminal charges and even go to prison, Labour won the "disgraced MP" game 6-2, which ironically Keir is well aware of, since he prosecuted them as Director of Public Prosecutions.
    Don't forget the Kim Philby case. I suspect he might have been Labour. Starmer wasn't born then, but it's just as relevant to him as the case you're bringing up here.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This isn't me saying "well that makes it ok for the Tories to do it". It's not ok. This is me showing why they still get voted in. Sleaze isn't just a Tory problem. They're all corrupt as fuck, some are degenerate as fuck, none of them have any shred of integrity.
    No, but you may as well be saying it's ok, because saying "everyone else is just as bad" is pretty much the same thing

    And they're not all just as bad. Not all of them are even crooked; a lot of them actually are trying to do a public service. Do you think Starmer decided to go from Chief Prosecutor to politician because he's dishonorable? You think he wasn't skimming enough graft off the defense lawyers lol?




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The Electoral Commission is investigating the renovations accusations. If they can prove dishonesty, Boris is finished. That won't be the end of government corruption.
    First, he was lying at PMQs saying he didn't say what he did about the dead piling up. There's at least three people who were in the room and willing to go under oath and say it. Starmer knows that, that's why he brought up resignation and said 'this isn't over' at PMQs today.

    Same with the decoration thing. It's not illegal to spend public money on renovations. It is illegal to accept donor money to do it, and by all accounts that's what Johnson did. Then he realised he wasn't going to get away with it and paid for it himself. The fact he can't answer a simple yes/no question about who first paid for it shows he's guilty.

    Innocent people don't throw temper tantrums when they get asked whether they did something wrong. Johnson thinks the rules shouldn't apply to him. That's his fucking problem right there.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    That won't be the end of government corruption.
    It'll put a huge fucking dent in it though. And if Britain Trump doesn't get sent packing, we might as well make him emperor for life. It'll be the end of any accountability in gov't in the UK.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  8. #1058
    lol that's the best you got?
    No, the paedo is a better one, but this one was pretty amusing.

    Oh well done, you found one perv councillor in Exeter who happens to be Labour. Ergo, they're all baby rapists.
    That isn't my point. I'm simply making the point that it's a bit rich of Keir to be moaning about sleaze.

    No, but you may as well be saying it's ok, because saying "everyone else is just as bad" is pretty much the same thing
    You seem to be also "might as well say it's ok" when it comes to Labour sleaze. You're moaning about one party but not the other.

    I'm not saying it's ok. I'm saying it's not a right/left divide, it's not a Tory/Labour divide. This is a politics problem.

    And they're not all just as bad. Not all of them are even crooked; a lot of them actually are trying to do a public service. Do you think Starmer decided to go from Chief Prosecutor to politician because he's dishonorable? You think he wasn't skimming enough graft off the defense lawyers lol?
    I have seen no reason to put trust in the integrity of Starmer. What makes him different to the others? Why is he so special?

    I don't trust any of them. Some do get into politics because they want to make a difference. These people either become corrupted over time, or get nowhere in their career. All of them. That's why we have cunts for leaders. And it's not just a UK problem. This is a global problem. Wherever you look, those in power are corrupt, one way or another.

    Then he realised he wasn't going to get away with it and paid for it himself.
    Do you actually believe this? Because this is bordering on honourable. Someone said "dude you can't do that" and he responds by getting his wallet out? Literally the best thing he could have done.

    The fact he can't answer a simple yes/no question about who first paid for it shows he's guilty.
    It certainly implies he's got something to hide, I agree. It proves nothing though. Courts prove guilt, not people who read the papers.

    Johnson thinks the rules shouldn't apply to him.
    Not true, as demonstrated by him getting his wallet out.

    It'll put a huge fucking dent in it though.
    No it won't. People said the same after the expenses scandal, yet here we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  9. #1059
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

    That isn't my point. I'm simply making the point that it's a bit rich of Keir to be moaning about sleaze.
    Sorry I don't follow. If you're the leader of a national party and a councillor in one city, who also happens to be in the same party is a pedo, you should no longer hold the PM to account for his corruption? Unless Starmer personally got the guy's sentence reduced, I don't see what one has to do with the other.


    And sorry, I'm not doing the wall of text thing. One point at a time is enough.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  10. #1060
    And sorry, I'm not doing the wall of text thing. One point at a time is enough.
    lol

    see post #1057

    I mean, I'm not arguing that the Tories aren't corrupt, nor am I saying their corruption is ok. I am saying that holding them to account won't make a blind bit of difference. You get rid of one corrupt bastard, you replace him with another.

    You seem to think I'm a Boris fan because I don't hate him any more than any other politician, and even go as far as finding him mildly amusing. It was the same with Trump. If you don't hate him, you love him.

    I don't love Boris. Far from it. I'd be delighted to see him out of office if I thought we would have a competent, non corrupt replacement for him. But we won't. Starmer isn't it. He's as deeply entrenched into the establishment as it gets. He's just not a goofball like Boris. That's the only reason you prefer him to Boris. And it's probably the only reason I prefer Boris to Starmer. There's nothing else to like in either of them.

    Without a viable alternative, I can't be bothered to get wound up by the stupid shit Boris says or does. It's a waste of psychological energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  11. #1061
    Given a choice between Captain Hindsight and Major Sleaze, you're going for the latter 'cause he's more entertaining.

    This isn't about who should host a TV game show mate. It's about who's in charge of the country.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  12. #1062
    I'll give them different names. Given a choice between cunt A and cunt B, I'll pick the one that I find the most amusing, that's correct.

    This isn't about who should host a TV game show mate. It's about who's in charge of the country.
    I'm talking about which one I find more tolerable. I'm not choosing which one I think will make a better PM, because that's like trying to decide if I prefer to eat dog shit or cat shit.

    I'm sure Boris is a better PM than Corbyn would have been. That's pure economics, Boris is a capitalist. I don't know about Starmer because frankly he seems very Tory, he's like the next Tony Blair. I doubt anything economically changes if he gets into power, instead we just replace Boris with a guy who looks better in a suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  13. #1063
    I get that in your mind anyone who enters politics, no matter if their record is so clean that the only mud anyone can sling at them is that they gave their mum some land to have a donkey sanctuary, must automatically be a cunt. I'm saying there is a difference between a cunt who walks the line and one who doesn't. One is obviously greasy and dogged by scandal from their Eton school days onwards, the other has managed to somehow maintain a virtuous image.

    So far you haven't said anything that actually reflects badly on Starmer except that he's involved in politics, and that other people also involved in politics have often been found to be immoral. OTOH, I have provided you with a litany of Johnson's misdeeds. And yet you continue to hold that there's nothing between them except that one is fun to watch and the other is a bit dry.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  14. #1064
    Fishermen getting screwed again thanks to Brexit.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  15. #1065
    More Boris sleaze coming to light.

    Britain Trump.

    https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status...75635669491717
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  16. #1066
    I kinda wanna be outraged with you poop, but it's hard to get my knickers in a twist over Boris asking a "Tory donor" (ie someone who willingly gives money to the Tories) to chuck some more money their way, even if it is for something as mundane as childcare. This isn't corruption, it's just cheeky. A "Tory donor" is not the taxpayer. It's probably someone filthy corrupt too, since the reason they are a "donor" isn't philanthropy, it's lobbying.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  17. #1067
    You're not getting it, so let me help you out here.

    If a donor donates to a political party, that money goes to the party, is registered, and everyone knows who donated how much to which party. That's what we conventionally think of as lobbying.

    If a PM asks a donor to give him money to hire someone to change his kid's nappies, that is almost certain not to be registered, no-one will know unless someone (e.g., the donor) spills the beans, and it's at best unethical, and at worst illegal.

    In this case, the donor got a request from BJ to pay for his childcare. The donor was so disgusted he wrote his MP, who leaked it to the press.

    Same thing goes for asking someone to pay for your DIY. It's not on.

    There's a reason this stuff makes the news.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  18. #1068
    Can you pay for my childcare please?

    No.

    Ok then.

    SCANDAL

    Sorry clearly I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  19. #1069
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    the reason they are a "donor" isn't philanthropy, it's lobbying.
    Believe it or not, there are people who donate to parties for reasons other than personal gain. They may like the party's philosophy, they may like its policies, etc. They're not all doing it so they can get a plum contract making PPE for lots of £££.

    This particular donor specifically did not have personal gain in mind, as evidenced by the fact he refused to do it and wrote an angry letter to his MP, rather than agreeing and asking what was in it for him. Who knows how many of the latter type Boris has had dealings with. Maybe he asked someone to pay for his last holiday.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  20. #1070
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Can you pay for my childcare please?

    No.

    Ok then.

    SCANDAL

    Sorry clearly I don't get it.
    Why should someone else pay for his childcare?

    Ignoring that, why should a person who donates to his political party specifically pay for his childcare? What is it he has to gain in return?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  21. #1071
    Why should someone else pay for his childcare?
    They shouldn't unless they're willing to. My point is that asking someone to pay childcare is not triggering me. In fact it's probably likely that this non-story has been leaked so it gives the impression his corruption is this mundane. Smoke and mirrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  22. #1072
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    What is it he has to gain in return?
    lol, answer the question.

    Seriously, are you just being deliberately dense here?

    You can't be in gov't and take "gifts" from people. If Johnson had asked a party donor to buy him a new car, would you think that was ok too? How about a new house? Or idk, pay for some DIY.

    There's a pattern here. It's extremely greasy. It's not like the guy offered him a gift and he refused it, he specifically went out of his way to ask this guy to give him money. At least the donor had the morality to complain to his MP. You're sitting there like this is normal behaviour for a PM lol.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  23. #1073
    lol, answer the question.
    The answer to the question is obvious. Nothing. Why is this relevant? Is this what defines "sleaze"? Whether someone has something to gain from it or not?

    You can't be in gov't and take "gifts" from people.
    Sure. And you're being naive if you don't think that happens. Cameron has recently been exposed for being a corrupt little bastard, there's huge question marks over Blair and Brown, I'd bet serious money May is filthy too, and of course Boris is a dirty corrupt fucker. All I'm saying is asking for childcare from a donor is kinda ridiculous. We've had MPs defraud the taxpayer. There must be something dirtier than this, so why is this what we're being fed?

    You're sitting there like this is normal behaviour for a PM lol.
    Corruption is normal behaviour for a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  24. #1074
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The answer to the question is obvious. Nothing. Why is this relevant? Is this what defines "sleaze"? Whether someone has something to gain from it or not?
    Wait, so a minute ago you were saying all donors are scumbags, but now you're saying the fact they would expect a quid pro quo from a gov't official for a gift is NOT sleaze? Does not compute.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Sure. And you're being naive if you don't think that happens. Cameron has recently been exposed for being a corrupt little bastard, there's huge question marks over Blair and Brown, I'd bet serious money May is filthy too, and of course Boris is a dirty corrupt fucker. All I'm saying is asking for childcare from a donor is kinda ridiculous. We've had MPs defraud the taxpayer.
    Who was the last PM who's been this shady? I'm not talking about "question marks" and rumours, I'm talking about getting caught over and over with your hand in the cookie jar.

    lol, he's not just accepting gifts, he's asking for them.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    There must be something dirtier than this, so why is this what we're being fed?
    It's not clever to hide a crime by exposing another one.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Corruption is normal behaviour for a PM.
    The last gov't that fell due to corruption was Major's. How many years ago was that now? 25?

    It's not normal, and it's not acceptable.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  25. #1075
    Who was the last PM who's been this shady?
    Does Cameron count? Or does he actually have to be in office when he gets caught?

    The last gov't that fell due to corruption was Major's.
    Nice. Let's completely ignore Blair and Brown selling our gold after announcing their intention to do so (thus causing the price to drop, making billions for those who anticipated it). Let's even go as far as to pretend sleaze brought Major down, instead of an election that Blair won with a rebranded "New" Labour.

    It's not normal, and it's not acceptable.
    How about we meet halfway? It is normal, and it's not acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  26. #1076
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Does Cameron count? Or does he actually have to be in office when he gets caught?
    What he did was clearly sleazy, but it was not a pattern for him the way it is for BoJo.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Nice. Let's completely ignore Blair and Brown selling our gold after announcing their intention to do so (thus causing the price to drop, making billions for those who anticipated it).
    Huh? How is it shady to announce something publicly and then do it?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Let's even go as far as to pretend sleaze brought Major down, instead of an election that Blair won with a rebranded "New" Labour.
    Maybe he should have asked for someone to buy him some new furniture while he had the chance as PM.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    How about we meet halfway? It is normal, and it's not acceptable.
    Let's say it's not uncommon. But it still needs to be punished. You can't just say "everyone does it, nothing to see here," because if you do, then soon everyone really will be doing it.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  27. #1077
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    Huh? How is it shady to announce something publicly and then do it?
    You're smart enough poop. You'll feel good about yourself if you figure it out without needing to be told.

    But it still needs to be punished. You can't just say "everyone does it, nothing to see here," because if you do, then soon everyone really will be doing it.
    Everyone is already doing it because previous offenders didn't get punished. I don't expect our legal system to punish those who control the legal system. The only way to punish them is to not vote for them, but we do. This is why I don't get angry about it. It's a waste of emotional energy. It's not going to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  28. #1078
    I mean I already hinted at it, so I'm surprised you're having to ask why the gold thing is shady.

    Let's say I'm going to sell 100 bitcoin. Literally the worst thing I can do is announce my intention to sell 100 bitcoin, because then it's public knowledge that supply is about to increase by a large amount. That means the price will drop. It would be much smarter of me to slowly sell it in small amounts without anyone knowing the overall volume I intend to sell. In this way, the increased supply is not so obvious, and the price doesn't change negatively so much. I just made more money.

    Now apply this to the gold fiasco. They announced their intention to sell precisely because they wanted to cause a crash in the price. This is a transfer of wealth from the state to private investors. They knew exactly what they were doing. This is the exact opposite of "in the best interests of the nation".

    Billions were stolen in this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  29. #1079
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    They announced their intention to sell precisely because they wanted to cause a crash in the price. This is a transfer of wealth from the state to private investors. They knew exactly what they were doing. This is the exact opposite of "in the best interests of the nation".

    Billions were stolen in this way.
    Think you've been smoking too many spliffs again.

    The problem with what they did was that the price of gold had been sinking already for years because banks had been selling their reserves, so it was worth a lot less than they could have eventually sold it for if they'd waited a few years.

    The B&B selloff only sent the price down a few % more (not exactly a "crash"). Also, for it to be "stealing", they would have had to not announce it publicly but told their mates "hey save up gold is about to get cheaper," and then just sold it all in one go. They didn't, they did it over a couple of years. And like I said, they announced it publicly, so it was completely transparent and above board. If they hadn't announced it, yes then they might have made more money for the country, but it would have raised a conflict of interest. That's why they had to do it.

    As it happened, anyone could figure out what was going to happen, and decide how they wanted to take advantage of it. That's not corruption.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  30. #1080
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This is why I don't get angry about it. It's a waste of emotional energy. It's not going to change.
    I don't get angry about it either, I just say "look what he's doing, get him out." I'm not wasting emotional energy, if anything I find him amusing in the same way as Trump was - he's such an idiot and obvious sleazeball that it's incredible that people still support him.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It's not going to change.
    That's because the public puts up with it ... up to a point.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  31. #1081
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  32. #1082
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  33. #1083
    Two new jobs in Hartlepool for every man, woman and child, and all thanks to Brexit! #MEGA

    https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/po...lepool-267681/
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  34. #1084
    Cliffs... she said 180k when she meant 18k

    Shocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  35. #1085
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Cliffs... she said 180k when she meant 18k

    Shocking.
    Yeah and Andrea Jenkyns meant to post the correct flag too. But she didn't know what it looked like despite claiming to love it so much.

    She also spelled Hartlepool wrong. I can spell it and I wasn't even born here.

    It's a serious competition between those two and a half dozen or so others like Raab, Redwood, and so on for the dumbest politician in the UK right now.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  36. #1086
    Notice I didn't defend the flag one. Everyone should know the Union Jack. Only a few are pedantic enough to know it's actually called the Union Flag unless it's at sea, but everyone should look at that other flag and think "something's not right here". But anyone can say 180k instead of 18k. And yes I can spell Hartlepool, but I'm not going to go all typo police on politicians, even though I do expect better. I also expect better from the media, but they suck at proofreading too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  37. #1087
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,511
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Even I thought something was wrong about the flag, but my best guess is that there was a dark X missing.
    I couldn't be sure that was the fault, but something did seem off.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  38. #1088
    It's a red X missing. I had to double check, it's weird that I couldn't be 100% sure that the missing X was red, not blue. I had to mentally imagine both, and concluded it was red. But I wasn't certain. But definitely it was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  39. #1089
    The red cross is England, The blue and white parts are Scotland and the missing red X is N. Ireland. The Welsh flag is a red dragon on a green background, so I guess that wouldn't really fit.

    Scotland's independence parties just won a majority, and they are threatening to have another referendum so it might look like this in a couple of years.


    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  40. #1090
    Then a few more years after N. Ireland rejoins Ireland...


    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  41. #1091
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,511
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    The dragon ready for a high-5 is top notch flagging, IMO.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  42. #1092
    That is a cool dragon. The colour is great and the spiked tongue and tail are a nice touch. High five to Wales.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  43. #1093
    Britain Trump, stiffing his creditors.

    https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/st...16320042504197
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  44. #1094
    You really are a sucker for these relentless non-stories.

    I mean, first of all, Boris' private financial affairs are not in the public interest. Secondly, you can get a CCJ very easily, without knowing.

    Apparently this relates to a defamation case in 2018 or something. It's for £500 odd quid. He can pay that off in an instant if he wants and the CCJ disappears. I dunno why this interests you. It wouldn't if it were, say, Starmer.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  45. #1095
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You really are a sucker for these relentless non-stories.

    I mean, first of all, Boris' private financial affairs are not in the public interest. Secondly, you can get a CCJ very easily, without knowing.

    Apparently this relates to a defamation case in 2018 or something. It's for £500 odd quid. He can pay that off in an instant if he wants and the CCJ disappears. I dunno why this interests you. It wouldn't if it were, say, Starmer.
    It wouldn't happen to Starmer because he's a grown-up. That's the point.

    And if it did, of course it would be of interest because it shows how ir/responsible someone is. If you get a CCJ against you (which I don't believe is "easy" - ie. it's never happened to me because I pay my bills), and six months later you still haven't paid it (and you can presumably afford it on a 160k a year salary, although you can't afford to pay for your own home renovations or a nanny for your kid, so there is that), then you're a deadbeat.

    Are you proud to have a PM who's a deadbeat?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  46. #1096
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Apparently this relates to a defamation case in 2018 or something. It's for £500 odd quid.
    A defamation case worth £535?

    Personally, I find this just as plausible.

    https://twitter.com/BlandreaJ/status...11244788289539




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    He can pay that off in an instant if he wants and the CCJ disappears.
    But apparently he can't be bothered, even after seven months. Hence the moniker Britain Trump.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  47. #1097
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    you can get a CCJ very easily, without knowing.
    You're right, it is very easy. All you have to do is a) not pay a debt; and b) ignore a court action against you. That could happen to anyone!

    https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt

    You may get a county court judgment (CCJ) or high court judgment if someone takes court action against you (saying you owe them money) and you do not respond.
    Also, interesting that if you get a CCJ against you it becomes nearly impossible to borrow money through normal means. That would explain why he keeps asking donors for personal "loans" instead of banks.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  48. #1098
    It wouldn't happen to Starmer because he's a grown-up. That's the point.
    This is a poor response, which surely you are aware of. Of course it could happen to Starmer. I could issue a claim against him, out of spite, and if he didn't find out about it, perhaps because I cited a previous address, the court would rule against him.

    I've no idea if this Boris CCJ is justified or not, I don't care either. It's a civil matter and none of my business. I wouldn't care if Starmer got served either.

    If you get a CCJ against you (which I don't believe is "easy" - ie. it's never happened to me because I pay my bills)
    Probably research how easy it is. It's not necessarily financial irresponsibility, and when we're talking about £500 and a rich guy like Boris, I'm not sure how it's so easy for you to think this is worthy of discussion.

    then you're a deadbeat.
    Or, perhaps, you didn't know about the claim. It's interesting that you immediately default to "deadbeat", which is because... drumroll please... bias.

    But apparently he can't be bothered, even after seven months. Hence the moniker Britain Trump.

    I'd bet by the end of the day it's been paid off, if it hasn't already.

    You're right, it is very easy. All you have to do is a) not pay a debt; and b) ignore a court action against you. That could happen to anyone!

    The "ignore" bit doesn't have to be deliberate though.

    Also, interesting that if you get a CCJ against you it becomes nearly impossible to borrow money through normal means. That would explain why he keeps asking donors for personal "loans" instead of banks.

    Spoken without the slightest bit of logical thought. If a £500 debt was stopping him from getting credit, he'd get his wallet out and make it disappear. It's really that easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  49. #1099
    A defamation case worth £535?

    I think I read this on the BBC. If you prefer an image of a tent as evidence, good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  50. #1100
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This is a poor response, which surely you are aware of. Of course it could happen to Starmer. I could issue a claim against him, out of spite, and if he didn't find out about it, perhaps because I cited a previous address, the court would rule against him.
    No. 10 Downing St. is Boris' address afaik. Try making a spurios claim against Starmer's current address and see how far that goes.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Probably research how easy it is. It's not necessarily financial irresponsibility, and when we're talking about £500 and a rich guy like Boris, I'm not sure how it's so easy for you to think this is worthy of discussion.
    Why hasn't he paid it then?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Or, perhaps, you didn't know about the claim.
    No, I read my mail. I would definitely read mail from a county court. And if I'm the PM presumably someone reads my mail for me, and if they didn't tell me about this, they'd be out of a job pretty quick. So suggesting "he didn't know" is a bit of a stretch. Of course, someone may not have told him but like I said that would be a pretty poor hiring; if I was a public figure and my mail reader neglected to tell me about such an embarrassing thing as this, I'd be livid.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It's interesting that you immediately default to "deadbeat", which is because... drumroll please... bias.
    A bias borne out of all the other evidence that he's irresponsible and doesn't think the rules should apply to him, going all the way back to his Eton days. That must be what you mean there.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'd bet by the end of the day it's been paid off, if it hasn't already.
    I guess that makes it ok then; once it becomes public knowledge, then pay it off. Otherwise ignore it.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The "ignore" bit doesn't have to be deliberate though.
    If you ignore mail delivered to your address then I don't see how that can be anything but deliberate.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Spoken without the slightest bit of logical thought. If a £500 debt was stopping him from getting credit, he'd get his wallet out and make it disappear. It's really that easy.
    That was obviously tongue-in-cheek, but funny that you took it seriously.


    So ultimately it comes down to my argument that he knew about it and didn't give a shit, and your argument that, despite the correct address being on it, he somehow never found about it, presumably because someone didn't value their job enough to tell him. Sorry, but I'm sticking with the Britain Trump theory.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 05-13-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  51. #1101
    lol, so it was some conspirary nut who filed the suit against him.


    It is likely letters about the alleged debt were sent to 10 Downing Street and not answered, and therefore no defence offered, which would eventually have led to a CCJ being issued by default.
    lol, what a dipshit.



    The PM is also facing questions over who paid for his £15,000 holiday to Mustique in the Caribbean with fiancée Carrie Symonds over New Year 2020.
    More "nothing to see here" material. Britain Trump.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  52. #1102
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Downing Street has succeeded in getting a county court judgement against Boris Johnson struck out, the BBC understands.
    So the court agrees it was without merit?

    Hahaha so a bullshit claim got you worked up?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  53. #1103
    You're the only one getting worked up here mate lol.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  54. #1104
    haha that actually made me laugh

    I'm not the one posting non stories as though it's a matter of public interest. You're the outraged one. I'm just pointing out that it's a non story.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  55. #1105
    Sorry to disappoint you. I know you think I'm in some kind of blind rage every time I post about Boris the Clown but I'm not. I'm more bemused than anything that people will continue to support such a bumbling, corrupt idiot.

    Granted in this case the conspiracy nut is even a bigger boob than he is but that doesn't mean it isn't funny that he let it happen. I didn't see Sunak or any of her other targets letting this get to court and embarrass themselves.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  56. #1106
    The problem is you keep posting stories about Boris that are basically not worth even talking about. Who gives the slightest fuck if he owes £500? Why is that something people care about? I really don't get it. It's a private matter, not criminal, it's nobody else's business.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  57. #1107
    All I did was post a link to the story and say "Britain Trump." You're the one who made a big deal out of it lol.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  58. #1108
    Stop pretending you're not posting stuff in criticism. You only need to take a look at your recent posts itt to see you're obsessed with Boris. I'm just responding to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  59. #1109
    If you don't think it's important then you don't have to respond. You keep sticking up for him like he's your dad.

    Obviously I hold Boris in contempt, so I like poking fun at him. It's fun.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  60. #1110
    I like arguing with you. It's fun.

    I don't give a fuck about Boris, I just don't have any more hate for him than any other given politician.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  61. #1111
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,669
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  62. #1112
    There's enough Irish people living in the UK to drag the average up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  63. #1113
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,511
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    16 gallons (just a bit less, actually) of beer sounds like a lot... but over what time period?

    I'd need more than a few years, I think.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  64. #1114
    We'll need at least a week.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  65. #1115
    I could manage this is around 124 days, give or take.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  66. #1116
    Pints of beer or pints of spirits?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  67. #1117
    I assumed beer, but if I can find a pub that sells nice flat cider, we can double my efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  68. #1118
    People on my local neighborhood web forum complaining about it being hard to get a doctor's appt.; some of them basically accusing the staff of skiving off.

    It's like they expect that once covid cases are low everything should be back to normal again overnight. Fuck me, some people are idiots.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  69. #1119
    People like that need to be rounded up and shot.

    Ok that might be going a bit far, but these are the kind of people who are shitty to supermarket staff on minimum wage because there's no bog roll. These people deserve all the misery they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  70. #1120
    Wonder who he's going to ask to pay for this?

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  71. #1121
    Sees new post in this thread.

    Wonders what poop has to say about Boris today.

    Not disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  72. #1122
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  73. #1123
    IT'S NOT ABOUT BORIS

    Pat yourself on the back poop
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  74. #1124
    Going for the trifecta: fishermen, farmers, and fruit growers all screwed by Brexit. #MEGA

    https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/busines...ortage-7917880
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  75. #1125
    Ong I hope that once you're rich from trading bitcoin you'll remember to go pick fruit this summer. Your country needs you! #MEGA
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •