Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,287,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** OFFICIAL BREXIT SUNLIT UPLANDS and #MEGA THREAD ***

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,275 of 1289
  1. #1201
    I'm too lazy to type out "black footballers playing for England" every time. Just accept that my motivation is laziness instead of something sinister ok? But since it's now including white players (fucking commies), I'm just going to say "footballers."

    So they support BLM, and what does BLM stand for in your mind? Marxism? I know a couple of their founders are Marxists, but I'm pretty sure the focus of BLM has been on equality, not Marx.

    What do you think the gesture means? The only things I've heard are "against racism" and "pro-Marxist." I'm assuming no-one with a brain takes the latter seriously, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe people really have been effectively brainwashed into thinking the "footballers" making millions a year are all using BLM as an excuse to promote their Marxist beliefs.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  2. #1202
    So basically, the people booing are either racists or retards. Neither of them is a good look, I must say.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  3. #1203
    So they support BLM, and what does BLM stand for in your mind? Marxism? I know a couple of their founders are Marxists, but I'm pretty sure the focus of BLM has been on equality, not Marx.
    They're not about equality. They're about black supremacy. That for me is precisely as bad as white supremacy.

    What do you think the gesture means?
    It's a symbol of submission.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  4. #1204
    Wow.

    I mean I don't even know where you're getting this from.

    But let's pretend that's a serious argument. So the players, including the white ones, are in favour of black supremacy. And they think the first step towards blacks ruling the world is for them to take a knee before a football game. And the white players are totally on board with that plan.


    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  5. #1205
    So the players, including the white ones, are in favour of black supremacy.
    No. They, like you, don't understand what BLM is really all about.

    Now excuse me while I scramble around the internet looking for a batshit conspiracy theory to support what I just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  6. #1206
    This cringe CNN guy seems to know what BLM is all about...

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  7. #1207
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,546
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I feel like Terry Crews (the cringy guy on the right) made the initial point "I stand with good people, and against bad people. To the extent that there are good people in BLM, I support them. To the extent that there are bad people, I do not support them. I will die on that hill."

    And the interviewer kept asking questions into the tangents, and implying that Crews was saying it's incumbent on BLM to solve all problems. When all he was saying was, being ostracized from the BLM movement for questioning if 'everything' done in the name of BLM is positive and/or helpful - that is dangerous as it leaves no room for checks and balances.

    If that was the cringy guy and the valid point, then I got you.


    But also the point he made that the phrase Black Lives Matter is both true and relevant shouldn't be stained with the actions of bad people doing things in the name of BLM.


    ***
    To the extent that any person or group of people is demanding equality and fighting for equal rights under the law, I support them.
    To the extent that some of those people will be criminals and/or take matters to criminal lengths, I do not.
    To the extent that some of those people want superiority and not equality, I do not.

    It's a pretty simple statement and point to make, and it draws a pretty clear, if fuzzy to demarcate, line about who and what is supported.


    If hearing the phrase Black Lives Matter immediately makes you think that people want to take over the world and dominate you, well, I think you're missing the big picture to focus on criminals and misguided people whom have literally 0 chance to accomplish that goal. At worst, they could become extremist elements comiting acts of terror. And that's not what most people want. Most people just want equality and peace and the chance to better their lives and their kids' lives.

    When there's equality, people are not easily radicalized.

    If people are being radicalized now, then seek out inequalities and address them. Don't be blind to the social causes. Crimes are crimes, and criminals should be pursued and brought to justice. But also, in addition to that, when there's a widespread trend, like, I dunno, a protest that literally spread around the world and had millions if not billions of people all saying, "Black people are not getting equal treatment." and we do not wake the fuck up to that and make real changes, then... I mean... if people are that willing to protest now, on that wide a scale, and that problem goes unfixed, IDK what specifically will happen, but widespread civil unrest seems in the cards.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  8. #1208
    "Are you hopeless Mr. Hancock?"

    "I don't think so."

    loolz.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  9. #1209
    Looks like someone is really happy about the UK-Australia trade deal. Take that, Eurolibtards!





    Rumour has it Canada is next in line to take advantage of our gov'ts desperation to make trade deals so they can have some more shiny objects to wave in front of the Brexitards. Most countries take years to come to trade agreements, but it goes a lot faster when you give the other side everything they want.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  10. #1210
    Here's a UK news report on the same deal. Not quite so thrilled about it.


    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  11. #1211
    Today on "Boris": Everyone's favourite immoral mophead Boris plans to checkmate the Electoral Commission that is investigating his dodgy flat refurbishment financing by stripping them of any powers to prosecute.

    https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/sta...77222859288582
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  12. #1212
    Britain Trump: Beloved by the uneducated.

    https://twitter.com/ProfTimBale/stat...01256271056897
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  13. #1213
    Good thing we left the EU so we wouldn't have to deal with all those Eurolibtard rules!

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57503274
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  14. #1214
    Happy #MEGA-versary everybody!


    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  15. #1215
    Take us back to days before people had rights.

    When was the Magna Carta signed again?

    Soon to be replaced with the #MEGA Carta.

    https://twitter.com/WinstonCProject/...60778335260673
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  16. #1216
    He's really tried his best to be Britain Trump. First, shaking hands with covid patients, then this. And yet, a substantial proportion of the country still thinks "This is the guy who should be in charge of the country. #MEGA."

    https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/stat...32568583655432
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  17. #1217
    Today on "Boris": It's a sad day for Boris and the gang as Matty Matt Hancock, the health minister who Boris had previously referred to as "fucking useless", gets caught on CCTV kissing his aide and grabbing her ass during lockdown. Boris tries his best to cover up for Matty, saying the matter is "closed." But Matty chooses to fall on his sword and resign anyways. We'll miss you Matty!

    Last edited by Poopadoop; 06-26-2021 at 03:37 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  18. #1218
    Today on "Boris": Chris Witty, AKA "Britain Fauci", the UK's pandemic advisor, gets accosted by drunks as he walks down the street, while the cops sit back and watch from their van. What will Boris say or do? Probably nothing! Tune in tomorrow to find out!

    https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1409637587153686530
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  19. #1219
    Today on "Boris": While the food supply industry warns Boris about a tragic shortage of 100k lorry drivers thanks to Brexit, meaning that UK supermarket shelves could be left bare in a few weeks' time, another scandal has erupted over one of his minister's misuse of emergency covid money to fund political research on how badly Scotland wants out of the UK. How will Boris master the situation with his usual mix of zany humour and outrageous lies? Tune in to find out!

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...paign=sharebar

    https://www.thenational.scot/news/19...-cash-scandal/
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  20. #1220
    Boris waves to his adoring fans as he walks down the street accompanied by security. He is reported to have asked one of them, "Are they saying 'Boo', or 'Booo-ris?'

    https://twitter.com/WinstonCProject/...38286749552640
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 06-29-2021 at 10:07 AM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  21. #1221
    It's another hilarious round of PM's questions today, as Boris answers every question about his horrible leadership with "the vaccine rollout is going well!"

    Best bits start at 3.55

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  22. #1222
    This can be like the Stop Bumping Old Threads one, only we see how many posts poop can make in a row before someone else says something.

    I've set the bar at 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  23. #1223
    Well there's only two of us who have any reason to be interested ITT, and even you've given up on trying to stick up for Boris and/or Brexit at this point, so yeah it's really just a documentary now. Someday we can look back on it and thank fuck it's over.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  24. #1224
    Surely you'll be moaning about whichever cunt replaces him.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  25. #1225
    Pointing out scandalous behaviour in the PM and his cronies is not moaning, it's pointing out scandalous behaviour. Accepting it is what's a problem, not complaining about it.

    And yeah, if the next PM is engaging in as much, or even a fraction as much, sleazy behaviour as the Unkempt One, I will be happy to point that out too.

    Of course, if the next PM has any shred of integrity, I'm sure you'll be just as quick to point out how much better they are than BloJo. Or will you instead be pointing to "scandals" like giving a donkey farm to his dying mother, as if that compares to giving billions of contracts of our money to unqualified mates?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  26. #1226
    I don't even know what you're talking about with donkey farms.

    If we ever have a PM that I think is doing a good job, I'll be sure to let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  27. #1227
    Starmer bought his dying mom a donkey sanctuary a while ago and the right-wing media tried to play it like a scandal. IOW, they got nothing dirty on him so have to make shit up. It's almost as if he's a respectable person.

    https://www.tatler.com/article/sir-k...rth-10-million

    OTOH, there isn't enough space on the FTR server to list all the sleazy shit the Unkempt One has been involved in over the years. But that doesn't matter to you I guess, let's keep him in charge 'cause the guy who gives some of his own land to his dying mom is just as bad as the guy who gives billions of taxpayer money to his unqualified mates.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  28. #1228
    Starmer reminds me too much of Blair. My guards are up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  29. #1229
    I mean, I liked Corbyn a lot more. You know who he is, what he stands for, he's the closest thing to an honest politician we've had. I just didn't agree with his economics. He's a socialist, no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  30. #1230
    Today on "Boris": The team mourns the loss of Matty Matt Hancock as Health Secretary, but cheers his replacement, Sajid Javid. Until that is, Javid refers to covid as being "like flu" and gets his ass publicly handed to him by a member of SAGE. Oh no, not another incompetent minister for Boris to refuse to sack!

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...paign=sharebar
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  31. #1231
    England could become great again on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  32. #1232
    Not sure what to hope for there. Will the flagshaggers be easier to live with if we win or if we lose? Guess I'll just cheer for a win and hope for the best...
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  33. #1233
    It's not just the flagshaggers who will be happy.

    And might I point out, Italy has plenty of their own flagshaggers. At least you don't have to live with them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  34. #1234
    What's Italian for gammon? French is jambon, but don't know what the Italian is.

    My concern with winning is it will make the flagshaggers think we won because of Brexit, which is lol, but which will harden them in their blindly stupid jingoist position.

    My concern with losing is they will blame the EU somehow lol. No seriously, my concern is it will make them even more bitter and hate-filled than they already are.

    It might be academic though, since it appears that Boris is doing his best to let the delta variant finish us all off this summer.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  35. #1235
    What a nonsensical ramble.

    There will naturally be a lot of banter, but I don't think there's many people who associate Brexit with football.

    If we win, there will be parties everywhere. I'm sure some people will take to Twitter and take the piss out of our European friends. But most people will be drinking, singing, enjoying the occasion.

    If we lose, there will be satisfaction with our achievement. I'm sure there will be some people who cause problems, insult people on social media, maybe a few Fiat Puntos get smashed up, but the vast majority of people will be drinking and reflecting on a great tournament.

    Football has a special ability to unite people, even those who don't usually watch football. For one day on Sunday, most people in England won't give a fuck about politics. I feel sorry for those who can't relax and enjoy what could be a once in a lifetime event. It's the first final of my life, wouldn't be surprised if it's the last. I'll enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  36. #1236
    By the way, fun fact - the Italian national anthem has a verse that basically insults Austria and Russia, war rhetoric lingering from WWI.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  37. #1237
    Apparently taken by a BBC photographer. "Face of Neptune" in storm waves, England.

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  38. #1238
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    What a nonsensical ramble.
    Glad you saw the humour in it. I was afraid you would think I was being serious.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Football has a special ability to unite people, even those who don't usually watch football. For one day on Sunday, most people in England won't give a fuck about politics. I feel sorry for those who can't relax and enjoy what could be a once in a lifetime event. It's the first final of my life, wouldn't be surprised if it's the last. I'll enjoy it.
    Mate, while you've been watching a few games of football and forgetting your worries like you get to once every couple of years. I've been watching two months of playoff hockey and forgetting mine, like I do every year. PLUS I get to watch my country play hockey every couple of years, PLUS we win more than anyone else. I should feel sorry for you, not the other way around.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 07-08-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  39. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Apparently taken by a BBC photographer. "Face of Neptune" in storm waves, England.


    Cool!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  40. #1240
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    By the way, fun fact - the Italian national anthem has a verse that basically insults Austria and Russia, war rhetoric lingering from WWI.
    They were allies with Russia in WWI. That IS serious jingoism there, you're right.

    Fun fact: When Germany beat England at football at some tournament in the 1980s, the German chancellor Kohl said to Thatcher: "Haha, we beat you at your national sport." Her reply was: "That's ok, we beat you at your national sport twice in a row."
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 07-08-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  41. #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by poop
    I've been watching two months of playoff hockey...
    I thought about mentioning hockey and then figured it was probably racist or something.

    PLUS we win more than anyone else
    Actually, I would argue that if you're used to winning, you don't quite enjoy it like someone who isn't used to winning. I mean, sure, you enjoy it, but are you shitting the bed?

    They were allies with Russia in WWI. That IS serious jingoism there, you're right.
    I'm probably failing to get a lot of context, but something about the Austrians and Cossacks (Russians) drinking the poisoned blood of Italians and Poles. Maybe it's not WWI, I assumed so because that's when Austria-Hungary ceased to exist, iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  42. #1242
    The Italian national anthem should be Bella Ciao. There's a song about a patriot who is saying goodbye to his beloved as he prepares to fight the fascists. It's a fucking great song.

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  43. #1243
    pfft you'll have to click the link to watch it on youtube. First time I've seen that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  44. #1244
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Actually, I would argue that if you're used to winning, you don't quite enjoy it like someone who isn't used to winning. I mean, sure, you enjoy it, but are you shitting the bed?
    You also get your hopes up every time, start singing songs and humping the flag. Then you almost always end up disappointed and kicking over a sausage van or something. That doesn't sound like much fun to me. Though yeah, I can see that if/when you finally win, it's a huge orgasm of joy.

    We, OTOH, expect to win and are pissed when we don't, but we don't lose our shit about it. Still happy when we do win because there's lots of countries that are good at hockey. Beating Russia or the USA at anything is fun, and beating them at hockey is a nice treat.

    Also, best sports documentary ever made, about the first international series our professionals ever played, against communist Russia. I have British friends even who agree it's amazing. You don't need to be a hockey fan to appreciate it. Enjoy.





    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'm probably failing to get a lot of context, but something about the Austrians and Cossacks (Russians) drinking the poisoned blood of Italians and Poles. Maybe it's not WWI, I assumed so because that's when Austria-Hungary ceased to exist, iirc.
    I guess the parallel is Austria occupied parts of Italy and generally bullied them for a long period of time, while Russia did the same to Poland. That's probably the comparison they're making.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  45. #1245
    I'll watch that vid some other time, I'm about to go to bed and I'm on holiday for a week as of tomorrow morning. I'll be watching Sunday's game on the Isle of Wight with the family. I'll celebrate (or mourn) by taking a nice walk on the beach with a spliff.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  46. #1246
    I guess the parallel is Austria occupied parts of Italy and generally bullied them for a long period of time, while Russia did the same to Poland. That's probably the comparison they're making.
    Sounds plausible. They probably miss this verse when they sing it at the football, anyway. It's the fifth verse, nobody wants the national anthems to go all American Pie. Just do the main verse, chorus, maybe one more verse if it's really relevant. Or, better still, do a fucking haka. I'd love to see twat footballers doing hakas. They'd look utterly ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  47. #1247
    I guess we know why they no longer claim to be "following the science." But hey, freedom and flags and #MEGA and all that...

    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/05/u...ntl/index.html
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  48. #1248
    England fans getting ready for tonight's roundball final with Italy.

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  49. #1249
    The nation is swelling with national pride, and the game hasn't even been won yet!

    * Edit. Warning: Not safe for human consumption.

    https://twitter.com/Pigeonsundcche1/...90215223152644
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 07-11-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  50. #1250
    Meanwhile in Rome, the stupid Eurolibtard fans don't even know how to support their team by sticking a firework up their ass or getting their tits out.



    Only a half hour until we get a chance to boo their anthem! That'll show 'em what class is.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  51. #1251
    England lose on penalties. Time to deport some players.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  52. #1252
    Looks like the Eurolibtards have gotten to CNN too.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/16/engl...d-experts.html
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  53. #1253
    Is Malta in the EU now?

    Goddamn Medittelibtards!

    https://timesofmalta.com/articles/vi...9-curbs.887158
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  54. #1254
    lol I love how poop shows an image of twat England fans and then an image of lovely Italian people calmly preparing for the game. Cherry picking at its absolute finest.

    Here's an article on fanatical football fans known as "ultras"... a term which originated in Italy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultras

    I've just got back from holiday, the game feels like a lifetime ago. Apparently there was racist abuse dished out to the England players who missed the penalties. That's what gets the news. I bet nobody read a story about the fans who applauded the team after they lost. I've never seen that before after England lose, applause by the fans. I saw it last Sunday.

    We have some fucking idiots in the country. Find me a country that doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  55. #1255
    I can only show the pictures that were available at the time. If you have some of Italian fans sticking a flare up their asses, crashing through security in their thousands at an Italian stadium, or an Italian granny getting her tits out, please share.

    It's not unusual for home side fans to applaud a team for getting to the finals, even if they lose the game itself. You act like it's something that only happens here lol.

    Yes, it was nice to see people stick up for the black players after the vile abuse they got. So what do you think was the gov'ts role in the racist abuse of the players? Do you think it encouraged or discouraged racists when the PM and home secretary both refused to condemn fans who booed their own team for taking the knee? Does it then seem hypocritical to put on a jersey and virtue-signal that you're a big fan of the team when they start winning?



    Or how about the fact that we actually have a PM who has been known in the past to use racist language like "flag-waving picanninies (sp?)" and "watermelon smiles" to describe Africans?

    To me this is not much different from Trump saying there's good people on both sides after Charlottesville. It's basically a dogwhistle for racist cunts to be racist cunts.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  56. #1256
    Tbh, I can understand posh boy Johnson being a racist, but I really don't get why Priti Patel seems to hate minorities so much.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  57. #1257
    It's not unusual for home side fans to applaud a team for getting to the finals, even if they lose the game itself. You act like it's something that only happens here lol.
    I'm not saying that at all. You assumed that. It's just, well we've never been to a final in my life, so of course I haven't seen it and found it noteworthy. We're not all assholes. The media do their best to present us as such. We're no different to the vast majority of large countries... mostly good natured people, a few dickheads who get the most attention. But when it comes to football, the media just love to present us as the worst. We're far from it. Football violence is decreasing in the UK while it's still rampant in places like Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Netherlands, Croatia.

    So what do you think was the gov'ts role in the racist abuse of the players?
    Zero.

    Do you think it encouraged or discouraged racists when the PM and home secretary both refused to condemn fans who booed their own team for taking the knee?
    Neither. Do you think racist people give the slightest fuck what other people say? I don't.

    Does it then seem hypocritical to put on a jersey and virtue-signal that you're a big fan of the team when they start winning?
    I mean I'm not even sure what you're complaining about here. The country is full of part-time football fans during tournaments, and when it gets to the semi finals everyone is watching. Most people who watched the final won't watch another football game until the World Cup. That's just the way it is. I only watch the Olympics, couldn't give a fuck about any of the sports the rest of the time. Except tennis, and even then I only watch Olympics and Wimbledon tennis. Maybe Davies Cup. Cricket I love, but only watch the Ashes or World Cups.

    I don't give a fuck if someone jumps on the bandwagon when shit gets real. The country was buzzing as we approached the final.

    Or how about the fact that we actually have a PM who has been known in the past to use racist language like "flag-waving picanninies (sp?)" and "watermelon smiles" to describe Africans?
    Watermelon smile isn't necessarily racist. It seems to mean the same as a "Cheshire grin", only because the word watermelon is used, it's more loaded.

    Picaninny is an interesting word. Enoch Powell used that word in his "Rivers of Blood" speech.

    I don't see what this has to do with the football though. People don't become racist because of what the PM said in an article 20 years ago.

    Tbh, I can understand posh boy Johnson being a racist, but I really don't get why Priti Patel seems to hate minorities so much.
    She doesn't. It's just your knee jerk reaction to her refusing to condemn the booing of political gestures in sport.

    It wasn't just racist people booing. There are a LOT of people who are sick of identity politics driving a wedge between the people. I personally think booing the knee taking is counterproductive, but I understand why people are doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  58. #1258
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'm not saying that at all. You assumed that. It's just, well we've never been to a final in my life, so of course I haven't seen it and found it noteworthy. We're not all assholes. The media do their best to present us as such. We're no different to the vast majority of large countries... mostly good natured people, a few dickheads who get the most attention. But when it comes to football, the media just love to present us as the worst. We're far from it. Football violence is decreasing in the UK while it's still rampant in places like Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Netherlands, Croatia.
    The media reports the news. A guy behaving himself at a football match isn't news. Thousands of people crashing through security is. Not sure what you want the media to say. "Hey check this out. We had a game and here's some video of people beahving themselves. Tune in at 9 for more." Of course they're going to show the people who are being assholes.

    Don't follow football so don't know about fans in other countries. I do know our little fiasco means we almost certainly won't be hosting the world cup anytime in the foreseeable future.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Zero.
    The player who called out Patel thinks otherwise.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Neither. Do you think racist people give the slightest fuck what other people say? I don't.
    Everyone cares what others think, whether they like to admit it or not.

    It's obvious (or it should be) that when the leadership of a country, either implicitly or through blatant dogwhistling, condones racism, that it effectively gives the green light to racists.

    There's a big difference between being a racist living in a place where the leaders are strongly against racism, and living in a place where the leaders use dogwhistles like refusing to support anti-racist gestures, have used racist language themselves in the past and have never apologised for it, and only condemn racist when they're absolutely forced to by public opinion (cf. Trump). These leaders may as well be winking at their racist supporters when they condemn racism, because it's obvious they're only doing it because they're pinned to a wall by the greater majority of people who aren't racist cunts.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I mean I'm not even sure what you're complaining about here. The country is full of part-time football fans during tournaments, and when it gets to the semi finals everyone is watching. Most people who watched the final won't watch another football game until the World Cup. That's just the way it is. I only watch the Olympics, couldn't give a fuck about any of the sports the rest of the time. Except tennis, and even then I only watch Olympics and Wimbledon tennis. Maybe Davies Cup. Cricket I love, but only watch the Ashes or World Cups.

    I don't give a fuck if someone jumps on the bandwagon when shit gets real. The country was buzzing as we approached the final.
    It's not jumping on the bandwagon, because that assumes you didn't care one way or another at the beginning. It's being against the players when they're taking a knee, but when they start winning pretending you were never against them and are a lifelong fan. You don't find that a bit hypocritical?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Watermelon smile isn't necessarily racist. It seems to mean the same as a "Cheshire grin", only because the word watermelon is used, it's more loaded.
    This from the guy who said a white person calling another white person a gammon is being racist. Nice double standard there.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    People don't become racist because of what the PM said in an article 20 years ago.
    Let's go for some recent examples then, shall we?

    2016: Saying that Obama's Kenyan background gave him an "ancestral dislike" for the UK.

    2018: Muslim women with veils being called "letterboxes" and "bank robbers."

    And, it's not that this language "converts" anyone into being a racist. It that it normalises it. If a person can say things like this and not only not get fired from their job, but go on to become the PM of the entire country, what does that say about a country's values?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    She doesn't. It's just your knee jerk reaction to her refusing to condemn the booing of political gestures in sport.
    It's not just me. And it's not just the booing, it's the treatment of refugees and asylum seekers. I'm not even sure she's racist, I just think she's a horribly mean person.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It wasn't just racist people booing. There are a LOT of people who are sick of identity politics driving a wedge between the people. I personally think booing the knee taking is counterproductive, but I understand why people are doing it.
    Being against racism is not "identity politics", it's being against racism. Claiming it's some shady political maneuver is the recourse of someone who's uncomfortable accepting there is racism and that things need to change. Kind of like the gov't commission report that concluded there was no systemic racism in the UK, the one the UN said was lol. It's the same thing here; if you don't acknowledge it exists, you don't have to do anything about it and you can keep on enjoying the imbalances in the system, and you don't have to admit your country is imperfect. It's a tacit acceptance of racism through some weird cognitive dissonance type of thing.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  59. #1259
    The media reports the news.
    lol

    They decide what news we consume.

    A guy behaving himself at a football match isn't news.
    So why show an image of Italian fans not being dicks? You clearly think that's news, right?

    I do know our little fiasco means we almost certainly won't be hosting the world cup anytime in the foreseeable future.
    lol

    It'll just cost us more money. How the fuck do you suppose Russia and Qatar get World Cups? Russia have plenty of racist fans, and plenty of violent fans, while homosexuality is illegal in Qatar. The World Cup isn't a reward to countries for their moral values. It goes to whoever pays the most in backhanders and dirty contracts.

    The player who called out Patel thinks otherwise.
    So? Since when do you listen to thick footballers? Tory bashing is probably good for their image, which means more money from sponsors.

    It's obvious (or it should be) that when the leadership of a country, either implicitly or through blatant dogwhistling, condones racism, that it effectively gives the green light to racists.
    Green light? Racism isn't a switch. You're either racist or you're not. I don't need my leader to tell me to be, or not to be, racist. I'll decide if that's who I want to be. And so does everyone else. We're accountable for our own choices.

    The UK government are not telling people to be racist. There are enough black and ethnic ministers in the Conservative party to ridicule the idea they are racist. You're arguing that Patel and Javid are part of a racist government. It's nonsense.

    where the leaders use dogwhistles like refusing to support anti-racist gestures
    What utter fucking garbage. Refusing to support BLM is not a dogwhistle.

    have used racist language themselves in the past and have never apologised for it,
    If you're referring to Boris' "picaninnies" and "watermelon smiles" comments, I must inform you that he has indeed apologised for it.

    It's being against the players when they're taking a knee, but when they start winning pretending you were never against them and are a lifelong fan. You don't find that a bit hypocritical?
    Not at all. I give a fuck about how good a footballer is at football. I don't give a fuck about what the footballer thinks about politics.

    This from the guy who said a white person calling another white person a gammon is being racist. Nice double standard there.
    When I think of a "watermelon smile" I think of a wide beaming smile that looks like a slice of watermelon. I don't associate race with it at all. Maybe I'm being naive.

    2016: Saying that Obama's Kenyan background gave him an "ancestral dislike" for the UK.
    I'm not seeing how this is racist.

    2018: Muslim women with veils being called "letterboxes" and "bank robbers."
    Islam isn't a race. Also, "letterboxes" is funny, I'm not going to lie. And let's not forget with that term, we're talking about a piece of clothing that completely obscures a woman, the most iconic image of the oppression of women in Islam. It's interesting that you're more bothered about casual jokes about the appearance of women in these clothes than you are about them being forced to wear these clothes.

    It that it normalises it.
    Does it though? I mean, how many people have you heard throwing the word "picaninny" around in the last 20 years?

    If a person can say things like this and not only not get fired from their job, but go on to become the PM of the entire country, what does that say about a country's values?
    Nothing. The utterings of a select few do not represent a country's values. Law and society does. Our laws protect people from discrimination, and we're socially diverse and tolerant as a people.

    It's not just me. And it's not just the booing, it's the treatment of refugees and asylum seekers.
    We treat asylum seekers very well in this country, certainly better than France do.

    Being against racism is not "identity politics"
    No, but political gestures which seek to use racism as a tool, that is identity politics.

    I'm pretty sure that everyone who isn't racist is against racism. There's no "on the fence". Who are you preaching to when you make gestures "against racism"? Racist people aren't watching the taking of the knee and reassessing their life choices. This isn't doing anything productive.

    People don't like to be patronised. If you don't think that's what happening, if you don't think this is identity politics, then I guess that goes a long way explaining why we don't agree at all on this topic.
    Last edited by OngBonga; 07-17-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  60. #1260
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    lol

    They decide what news we consume.
    Well said, Captain Obvious.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    So why show an image of Italian fans not being dicks? You clearly think that's news, right?
    Juxtaposition. It's news that one group of fans is being idiots, and another isn't.

    Jesus, I hope the rest of this post isn't as bad as the first part.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    lol
    Guess not...



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    It'll just cost us more money. How the fuck do you suppose Russia and Qatar get World Cups? Russia have plenty of racist fans, and plenty of violent fans, while homosexuality is illegal in Qatar. The World Cup isn't a reward to countries for their moral values. It goes to whoever pays the most in backhanders and dirty contracts.
    It's not coming here. It won't go to a country that can't control it's fans no matter how much money you throw at them.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    So? Since when do you listen to thick footballers? Tory bashing is probably good for their image, which means more money from sponsors.
    Why do you call them thick?

    Oh, I see. Black footballers protesting against racism are in it for the money now.

    Possibly the dumbest thing you've said ITT ever, and that's saying a lot.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Green light? Racism isn't a switch. You're either racist or you're not. I don't need my leader to tell me to be, or not to be, racist. I'll decide if that's who I want to be. And so does everyone else. We're accountable for our own choices.
    So all those Jews in Germany would have been abused by anti-semites regardless of who was in charge in the 1930s? Ok then.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The UK government are not telling people to be racist. There are enough black and ethnic ministers in the Conservative party to ridicule the idea they are racist. You're arguing that Patel and Javid are part of a racist government. It's nonsense.
    They're sellouts. Just like the black neurosurgeon (forget his name) who worked for Trump. They care more about themselves than about any issues about race.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    What utter fucking garbage. Refusing to support BLM is not a dogwhistle.
    Refusing to support an anti-racist gesture is a dog-foghorn.

    Stop thinking taking the knee --> BLM ---> Karl Marx or taking the knee --> anti-Tory ---> Nike sponsorship deal. That's what's utter garbage.





    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    If you're referring to Boris' "picaninnies" and "watermelon smiles" comments, I must inform you that he has indeed apologised for it.
    Oh great, it's ok then. Nothing about mailboxes or bank robbers then.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Not at all. I give a fuck about how good a footballer is at football. I don't give a fuck about what the footballer thinks about politics.
    You're not the subject here, the leadership of the country is.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    When I think of a "watermelon smile" I think of a wide beaming smile that looks like a slice of watermelon. I don't associate race with it at all. Maybe I'm being naive.
    Right, and when I think of gammon I think of a nice pinkish healthy hue in someone's cheeks. It's practically a compliment.






    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Islam isn't a race.
    Ignorant then. Better?




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Also, "letterboxes" is funny, I'm not going to lie.
    Careful, your true colours are showing here.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    And let's not forget with that term, we're talking about a piece of clothing that completely obscures a woman, the most iconic image of the oppression of women in Islam. It's interesting that you're more bothered about casual jokes about the appearance of women in these clothes than you are about them being forced to wear these clothes.
    You're right. I'm more concerned about ignorant jokes than about what someone's religion requires them to wear. Have you seen the Pope lately? You think that giant hat is comfortable? Who makes him wear that, and why aren't you worried about that poor oppressed bastard?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Does it though? I mean, how many people have you heard throwing the word "picaninny" around in the last 20 years?
    Why use some obscure word? You know Boris plagiarised that from Kipling, right? When was he alive, like 100 years ago?




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Nothing. The utterings of a select few do not represent a country's values. Law and society does. Our laws protect people from discrimination, and we're socially diverse and tolerant as a people.
    Yes, we tolerate a leader who acts racist, until he's pressed to the wall about it.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    We treat asylum seekers very well in this country, certainly better than France do.
    Is France (or any country) trying to pass a law to make it illegal to rescue drowning asylum seekers? That doesn't seem like the gov't is encouraging us to treat them well imo.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    No, but political gestures which seek to use racism as a tool, that is identity politics.
    That's not what they're doing, at least not if you ask them. You only hear that interpretation from racists and those who prefer to stick their head in the sand about racism and pretend it doesn't really exist.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'm pretty sure that everyone who isn't racist is against racism. There's no "on the fence". Who are you preaching to when you make gestures "against racism"? Racist people aren't watching the taking of the knee and reassessing their life choices. This isn't doing anything productive.
    If it has no effect, why oppose it? That makes you look like a racist. Is that what you want?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    People don't like to be patronised. If you don't think that's what happening, if you don't think this is identity politics, then I guess that goes a long way explaining why we don't agree at all on this topic.
    Taking a knee is not patronising people either. Try another excuse.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  61. #1261
    It's not coming here. It won't go to a country that can't control it's fans no matter how much money you throw at them.


    This is an image of a Zenit fan (Russia) waving a banana at Roberto Carlos, shortly before Russia were awarded the World Cup.

    Money talks. Welcome to the real world.

    Why do you call them thick?
    Because footballers, on average, tend to be thick.

    So all those Jews in Germany would have been abused by anti-semites regardless of who was in charge in the 1930s? Ok then.
    Are you really comparing casual social racism in the UK in 2021 with Nazism?

    I guess now Trump is gone, you need a new Literally Hitler.

    They're sellouts.
    This is what you think about ethnic people working for the Conservatives? And you think they have a racism problem?

    This is quite incredible. Think this through for some time. You're essentially saying that people of ethnicity should have a political opinion that is shaped purely by the colour of their skin, and if they don't, they're essentially Uncle Toms. The concept of a black conservative is so confusing to you.

    I think what you're saying here is racist. This is why I think you should mull this over. Do you think that black people can make their own decisions on whether a party represents their views? Or do you feel qualified to make that decision for them, and judge them when they make the "wrong" decision"?

    Refusing to support an anti-racist gesture is a dog-foghorn.
    Nonsense. This is the ridiculous world you live in, called "the left", where people's behaviour should be governed by the opinions of moral crusaders like yourself. You're not racist? Get on your fucking knee then.

    Stop thinking taking the knee --> BLM ---> Karl Marx or taking the knee --> anti-Tory ---> Nike sponsorship deal. That's what's utter garbage.
    Taking the knee is an act of support for BLM. Pretending it's not is incredibly disingenuous.

    BLM are a political movement, left wing ideology.

    And believe me footballers care about their image for sponsorship reasons. I'm sure Rashford does actually care about hungry children, but he also definitely cares about his image, and so do his sponsors. That's just how football works, and has done for a long time, more so now in the age of social media.

    Careful, your true colours are showing here.
    Funny, because you then say this...

    You're right. I'm more concerned about ignorant jokes than about what someone's religion requires them to wear.
    You're more concerned about hurty feelings than actual oppression. And you're morally patronising me in the process. Good work.

    Have you seen the Pope lately?
    Is his wife making him wear that clothing so other women don't look at him and think "phwoarrr"?

    You're being deliberately disingenuous here. You know full well the burka is worn by married women at the demand of their husband. Their religion doesn't insist on it. Their husbands do. That's why there's a lot of married Islamic women that don't wear the burka.

    Who makes him wear that, and why aren't you worried about that poor oppressed bastard?
    For a start, because there's not hundreds of millions of popes being forced by their oppressive spouse to wear this gear. I couldn't give the slightest fuck about one person who chooses to be oppressed in order to be the big fish in his religion. He gets perks that come with the clothing.

    This is a really, really poor comparison and shows you have absolute no concern for the oppression of women in Islam.

    Yet you care about casual jokes.

    Priorities, mate.

    Why use some obscure word? You know Boris plagiarised that from Kipling, right? When was he alive, like 100 years ago?
    You think Boris reads Kipling? I'd be more inclined to say he picked it up from Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech.

    Yes, we tolerate a leader who acts racist, until he's pressed to the wall about it.
    He's not in control of a racism country, and does not pass racist laws, or act racist in any way other than to make the occasional clumsy comment. And you compare him to Hitler.

    Is France (or any country) trying to pass a law to make it illegal to rescue drowning asylum seekers?
    Not sure, but they're not doing a lot to stop these people taking the journey in the first place. France want them to kindly fuck off to the UK. We want them to kindly remain in France and apply for legal asylum instead of taking risks that, if successful, encourages others to take the same stupid risks.

    I think it's highly irresponsible to encourage people to make this journey. If there are laws in place that stop people from being saved, maybe that saves more lives in the long run by dissuading others from attempting the crossing.

    That doesn't seem like the gov't is encouraging us to treat them well imo.
    Those that are here are treated well. They are given housing, benefits, jobs. What more can they ask for? We give them the opportunity to succeed. We also expect them to make legal applications and enter the country legally and safely.

    That's not what they're doing, at least not if you ask them
    The term "useful idiots" springs to mind.

    Identity politics is a tool used by politicians, not civilians. The civilians are just pawns.

    You only hear that interpretation from racists and those who prefer to stick their head in the sand about racism and pretend it doesn't really exist.
    You're wrong, and I'm the proof. You just heard it from me, and I'm not a racist.

    If it has no effect, why oppose it? That makes you look like a racist. Is that what you want?
    I don't give a fuck what other people think of me. I'm not a racist. Anyone who thinks I am is wrong.

    You think it makes people look like a racist. I don't give a fuck what you think about me. I think you're bordering on racist at time without even realising it. Do you give a fuck that I think that?

    Taking a knee is not patronising people either. Try another excuse.
    Of course it is. We're being told how to think about social issues by millionaire footballers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  62. #1262
    Well said, Captain Obvious.
    Oh, and clearly you missed the point here.

    You agree that the media decide what news we consume, yet you insist the media report the news. If they decide what news is, then of course they report the news. That's obvious.

    If the word "news" to you simply means what the media prints, then you're easily influence by media. That's why you show images of twat England fans along with nice Italian fans, because you accept what the media defines as "news".

    Elsewhere you say nice England fans isn't news. Yeah, because you're allowing the media to define what news is, instead of the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  63. #1263
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post


    This is an image of a Zenit fan (Russia) waving a banana at Roberto Carlos, shortly before Russia were awarded the World Cup.

    Money talks. Welcome to the real world.
    Where is the image of Russians storming the barricades at the Moscow version of Wembley. That's what I mean about controlling fans. It's not about making every single fan not be racist. ldo.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Are you really comparing casual social racism in the UK in 2021 with Nazism?

    I guess now Trump is gone, you need a new Literally Hitler.
    No, I'm pointing out that the attitudes of leaders in a country impact the expression of racism by their citizens.

    Let me explain this to you because you seem to be struggling with it (or pretending you do, or w/e). There's always racists about, in every country. When the leaders of a country come out strongly and consistently against racism, those people tend to get quieter. They're less likely to overtly act racist because they see it is being opposed at the very top. Conversely, when leaders use racist language and/or waffle on racist issues, those people are more likely to overtly act racist because it is being given tacit acceptance by those at the very top. See the difference?

    It's not that Boris is Hitler, don't be an idiot. It's that Boris is one of those leaders who falls into the latter category of leaders who are tacitly condoning racism. Same as Trump, but he's not quite so stupidly blatant about it. And, the result is the same in either case, racists feel empowered.






    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This is what you think about ethnic people working for the Conservatives? And you think they have a racism problem?
    Pretty much, yes. Their ambition outweighs their morality. If you work for and support a PM who is a casual racist, it's hard to at the same time claim to be against racism.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    This is quite incredible. Think this through for some time. You're essentially saying that people of ethnicity should have a political opinion that is shaped purely by the colour of their skin, and if they don't, they're essentially Uncle Toms. The concept of a black conservative is so confusing to you.
    It's not really that incredible. To take it to the extreme, imagine a Jew existed somewhere in the 1930s who was working for Hitler. Would you say he's a sellout? Because most Jews would say yes. Similarly, a lot of Asians think Patel is a sellout. It's not just me saying that because I don't like her.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I think what you're saying here is racist. This is why I think you should mull this over. Do you think that black people can make their own decisions on whether a party represents their views? Or do you feel qualified to make that decision for them, and judge them when they make the "wrong" decision"?

    Sure they can. But if they're in a party that promotes a casual racist to the top position, that suggests to me they aren't thinking very clearly about what their party represents and/or don't care.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Nonsense. This is the ridiculous world you live in, called "the left", where people's behaviour should be governed by the opinions of moral crusaders like yourself. You're not racist? Get on your fucking knee then.
    No, you live in a ridiculous world called "Ongthink", quite similar to "the right," where a simple gesture of anti-racism has evolved into something negative, associated with Marxism and "gesture politics" and "identity politics," and who-knows-what other excuse you can come up with to justify attacking it.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Taking the knee is an act of support for BLM. Pretending it's not is incredibly disingenuous.
    See above. It's a simple act of showing you're against racism. Only racists and others who want to pretend there's no racism in the UK try to claim otherwise.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    BLM are a political movement, left wing ideology.
    Oh right, they want to stop racism as the first step on their way to turning the world into a Marxist cult. Doesn't seem ridiculous at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    And believe me footballers care about their image for sponsorship reasons. I'm sure Rashford does actually care about hungry children, but he also definitely cares about his image, and so do his sponsors. That's just how football works, and has done for a long time, more so now in the age of social media.
    I never said they don't care about their image; everyone does. I said the idea that they're taking the knee to win a sponsorship from Nike or Wheatabix or whoever is retarded. Because it is.




    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Is his wife making him wear that clothing so other women don't look at him and think "phwoarrr"?

    You're being deliberately disingenuous here. You know full well the burka is worn by married women at the demand of their husband. Their religion doesn't insist on it. Their husbands do. That's why there's a lot of married Islamic women that don't wear the burka.
    Is it the religion's fault, or the husbands? Make up your mind. Because first you said it was the religion's fault and that somehow made calling the women letter boxes an apt description. Now you're saying it's the husbands' fault. But either way, if you're so concerned with these oppressed women, how does making fun of them help?



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

    This is a really, really poor comparison and shows you have absolute no concern for the oppression of women in Islam.

    Yet you care about casual jokes.
    Yeah, I can see you're a real champion of the oppressed here. Calling them letter boxes is obviously not being done to ridicule them, but to liberate them from their oppressive husbands. Have another spliff.





    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You think Boris reads Kipling? I'd be more inclined to say he picked it up from Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech.
    He went to Eton. They all read Kipling, at least back then. He was filmed repeating lines from Kipling when he was foreign secretary on a visit to Myanmar. That's how happily clueless he is to others' sensibilities.





    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    He's not in control of a racism country, and does not pass racist laws, or act racist in any way other than to make the occasional clumsy comment. And you compare him to Hitler.
    I didn't compare him to Hitler. You argued leader's words and actions have no influence on racists. I showed, through an obvious example of how the words and actions of leaders can embolden racists, that that presumption is blindingly stupid.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    If there are laws in place that stop people from being saved, maybe that saves more lives in the long run by dissuading others from attempting the crossing.
    lol it's a humanitarian measure.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Those that are here are treated well. They are given housing, benefits, jobs. What more can they ask for? We give them the opportunity to succeed. We also expect them to make legal applications and enter the country legally and safely.
    And if not, drown them.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The term "useful idiots" springs to mind.

    Identity politics is a tool used by politicians, not civilians. The civilians are just pawns.
    Still on about how BLM is trying to turn the world into Marxland I see...



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You're wrong, and I'm the proof. You just heard it from me, and I'm not a racist.
    Not in any active way afaik. But you have tried to argue sevearl times that racism isn't a problem in the UK, and stuck to that argument despite being presented with evidence to the contrary. I guess that's more of a passive racism. So how about now? After the abuse the players took, do you still deny racism is a problem in the UK?


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You think it makes people look like a racist. I don't give a fuck what you think about me.
    I'm not asking you to give a fuck about anything I say. I'm just pointing out how many people perceive others who take the attitude that you do.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I think you're bordering on racist at time without even realising it. Do you give a fuck that I think that?
    I would if you had a point. But since you're obviously just doing it for the sake of trolling and your points have no substance, then no I don't.



    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Of course it is. We're being told how to think about social issues by millionaire footballers.
    How is it telling us what to think? It's drawing attention to an obvious problem in society. What you think about it is up to you. It's just about getting it into your consciousness. The fact that being told that racism exists in the UK makes you uncomfortable is too bad, but it doesn't mean you should ignore it, or try to pretend it doesn't exist, and that the footballers doing it are "thick", pawns of Marxist BLM overlords, and/or trying to win a deal with Nike.

    It is an amusing list of excuses not to take racism seriously. Doesn't change the fact that you're tacitly condoning racism by so eagerly grasping at such alternative explanations though. But hey, you don't care if I say that because you're not openly racist.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  64. #1264
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Waffle waffle you're controlled by the media
    All I said was that for something to get on the news, it has to be newsworthy. It's newsworthy when 5k or 10k fans bumrush a stadium. It's newsworthy too when you compare that to another place where fans don't act like that, because if it happened everywhere it wouldn't be news, it'd just be what we expect to happen and no-one would care.

    But in your little world, that's biased reporting because they only show the pissed up 5 or 10k bumrushing the stadium and don't show the other 40k or 50k fans politely lining up for the game. Next you'll be saying reporting on the flooding in Germany is biased reporting because they're not showing videos of all the places in the world where there currently is no flooding. Goddamn MSM, making me think the whole world is drowning!

    (And the fireworks ass guy and granny tits out were both posted on twitter. Don't think they made it to MSM, fwiw.)
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  65. #1265
    Meanwhile, on "Boris": Yesterday, Boris' new health secretary tested positive for covid after having been in meetings with Boris and Sunak. This morning, in part 1 of "Boris", Boris tells a delighted country that neither he nor Sunak will self-isolate, as per their own rules, because they're taking part in a "pilot scheme" where they only have to test themselves every day.

    In part 2, Boris caves to pressure and decides that he and Sunak will be self-isolating after all.

    In part 3, Boris mulls over his decision to give an address tomorrow about "Freedom Day", where he summons the spirit of Churchill. Even ol' Boris can see that with 50k new cases every day and him and half the cabinet self-isolating, it may not go over as planned. Poor Boris!

    https://twitter.com/benmckenna/statu...07334785675268
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  66. #1266
    Can we try to trim these walls somewhat? They're getting bigger.

    Where is the image of Russians storming the barricades at the Moscow version of Wembley. That's what I mean about controlling fans. It's not about making every single fan not be racist. ldo.
    Nothing a promise of increased security and a bigger briefcase can't fix.

    I only read about this today. Nothing like this has happened before, at such a major event. The frenzied state of fans before the match was key. Security didn't expect fans to storm in and were overwhelmed. Organisers definitely have lessons to learn here, in particular a much larger police presence in the event England qualify for the final. We can no longer assume they won't.

    It's that Boris is one of those leaders who falls into the latter category of leaders who are tacitly condoning racism.
    This is a matter of opinion, and I'm unconvinced. You're basing this largely off the idea that refusing to condemn people who boo the taking of the knee is condoning racism. I strongly disagree.

    Actions speak louder than words. The UK is a tolerant country, under Tory control. The Conservative Party is well represented by various ethnicities. Police take racism very seriously.

    I don't believe Boris is racist. I certainly don't believe Patel and Javid are racist.

    To take it to the extreme, imagine a Jew existed somewhere in the 1930s who was working for Hitler. Would you say he's a sellout?
    This is what you think is an extreme example of Patel being a Conservative? Wow.

    Any Jews working for Hitler were collaborators. He was literally trying to kill them. The Conservative Party are not trying to oppress non-white people. Quite the opposite. They are maintaining a social and legal landscape that gives non-white people opportunities and recourse against discrimination.

    Similarly, a lot of Asians think Patel is a sellout. It's not just me saying that because I don't like her.
    These people are libtards.

    But if they're in a party that promotes a casual racist to the top position, that suggests to me they aren't thinking very clearly about what their party represents and/or don't care.
    Maybe you should consider the alternative... that you're wrong about the Conservative party being casual racists.

    See above. It's a simple act of showing you're against racism.
    So it's virtue signalling? Because, you know, I don't feel the need to show I'm against racism. It goes without saying.

    I said the idea that they're taking the knee to win a sponsorship from Nike or Wheatabix or whoever is retarded.
    Not taking the knee would impact on their marketability. They are thick but not that thick.

    Is it the religion's fault, or the husbands?
    Both. Islam is incredibly slow to modernise. Some, in fact many individual Islamic men are not slow, those motivated by love who want their wives to be free from oppression. But many are happy to enforce ancient religious norms on modern women.

    But either way, if you're so concerned with these oppressed women, how does making fun of them help?
    It doesn't help. But I can't help what I find funny. Some of us never really grow up when it comes to humour.

    It's funny in the same way South Park is funny. It's the things you know you shouldn't laugh at that get you the most.

    But you have tried to argue sevearl times that racism isn't a problem in the UK
    I haven't once suggested this. I have suggested it's not an institutional problem. It's clearly a social problem though.

    So how about now? After the abuse the players took, do you still deny racism is a problem in the UK?
    There's no guarantee that these comments even came from English people. I mean, how easy would it be to set up a fake account, pretend to be English, and post stuff that gives English people a bad name? Do you think there are people who might want to do this?

    We definitely have racist idiots in this country. What happened on Twitter after the game is not proof of that. It's an indication, but not proof. And it's certainly not proof that the UK is an institutionally racist country.

    I would if you had a point.
    You're holding people like Patel to a moral standard based on your opinion and their ethnicity. I think I have a point.

    I think that's smaller than it could have been, let's see how it looks when I submit.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  67. #1267
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Can we try to trim these walls somewhat? They're getting bigger.
    Sure. I've trimmed it to the parts where you're not talking complete shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    .
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  68. #1268
    Seriously though, I've lost track of the number of times you've twisted what I said into something else in this convo, like saying I was comparing Boris to Hitler. What is the point of arguing with things someone didn't say?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  69. #1269
    Good talk, I missed this while I was sunning myself on the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  70. #1270
    Been pinged to self-isolate yet?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  71. #1271
    Funnily enough, no. I tend to keep my distance from people, looking for nice spots on the rocks or on the far end of the beach, so I can smoke my stinky weed without upsetting people.

    But you'd be surprised what a photographer can do with the right angle and lens...



    This pic is doing the rounds on Twitter, it's apparently Bournemouth beach yesterday.

    Fun fact - this is around a 5km stretch of beach. This is an insanely low amount of people on this beach on such a hot Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  72. #1272
    I don't know if it pings when you're outside around covid people - maybe it does, dunno.

    I have heard stories of people who live in flats being pinged because someone a floor above them tested positive though. That seems a bit weird. Oh well, only cost us £37bn.

    And yeah, I mean even if it were as crowded as it looks in that photo they're still outside. Must be a hell of a lot harder to get a faceful of covid when you're outside with a sea breeze blowing. More likely to get it from someone in the car ride there or if you stop and go inside somewhere imo.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  73. #1273
    Pretty sure you have to give your contact details to get pinged, and the lifeguards aren't fucking about taking people's phone numbers.

    I was at a caravan park, with an "entertainment" centre (they use that word generously). Other than watching the England game, I stayed out of the centre. I'm there for the walks and beaches, not a fucking Abba tribute. Near zero chance of picking up a particle of someone else's snot while out in the sea breeze.

    I have just done a lateral flow test, just to be certain I'm good. I'm negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  74. #1274
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Pretty sure you have to give your contact details to get pinged, and the lifeguards aren't fucking about taking people's phone numbers.

    Not sure how it works at the beach, if at all, but you're meant to swipe a Q code thingy or something when you go to a restaurant or other indoor venue.

    But, doesn't it track your location regardless of whether you swipe in or not? Then if you spend a certain amount of time within x metres of someone who tests positive, it's ping time. Thats what I thought.

    Of course you can just turn the fucking thing off and forget about it until/if you actually catch covid. Or leave your phone at home.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  75. #1275
    idk but I don't take my phone to the beach anyway. I'm not sure how it works but I don't even have a phone that does QR codes, and I don't have GPS either, so the only way to track me, I think, is old fashioned triangulation, which isn't very accurate (give or take 50 meters I believe).

    It's kind of insane how much people are coming to rely on their phones. I'm sheltered from it all but being around my family for a week, it's even become their prime method of paying for drinks, as well as internet on the go and camera. I actually was incapable of buying a drink at the centre since I have to use their app. No worries, I'll just bring my own lovely cider instead of buying their overpriced slightly-better-than-average beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •