Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,283,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

*** OFFICIAL BREXIT SUNLIT UPLANDS and #MEGA THREAD ***

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 76 to 150 of 271
  1. #76
    I appreciate the historical irony, however, the actions of colonists in the 19th century are hardly a concern of mine when forming moral opinions in 2020.

    The problem with uninvited immigration is that we are a relatively densely populated island. There is a limit to what we can cope with before key infrastructure like housing, schools and hospitals become overwhelmed. You're not stupid, you must understand this. There are billions of people in the world who would be better off in the UK that when they currently live. It's a shit world out there. We're simply unable to solve that problem for everyone. So I would prefer to prioritise those who will provide economic benefit to the UK, those who will pay tax to contribute towards more funding for housing, schools and hospitals.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  2. #77
    Has anyone figured out an answer to why people are risking the lives of their children to flee France yet? Or is that a question that pro-immigration types are still conveniently dodging?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  3. #78
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,513
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Foreign born population is 14% for GB and 9% for France which is easily explained by Britain's colonial history and english being the world language.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  4. #79
    Are you suggesting that it's worth risking the lives of your children so you don't have to learn French?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  5. #80
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,513
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    You're making an assumption about their perception of the dangers, but also: yes.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  6. #81
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,513
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    idk the percentage of people coming by sea and of those who come by sea how many come by shitty boats, but I'm confident it's lower than you think.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    You're making an assumption about their perception of the dangers, but also: yes.
    "Their perception"

    Ok, so you're suggesting they're too stupid to understand that crossing a sea on a flimsy dinghy is extremely dangerous?

    idk the percentage of people coming by sea and of those who come by sea how many come by shitty boats, but I'm confident it's lower than you think.
    They're not generally using P&O Ferries. Of course, some do, some come here and outstay their visa, which at least isn't dangerous. But for the most part, they are paying people traffickers substantial fees, these traffickers are most certainly criminals, and criminals do not tend to hire expensive seaworthy craft.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  8. #83
    Even if language was a primary factor, it's ridiculous to think that it's better to risk your life than learn another language. But language isn't a primary factor, because people are coming here who don't speak English. In many cases, they speak French, which happens to be widely spoken in many parts of Africa. But generally they speak tribal languages, whatever Somalis speak, or perhaps Persian.

    Language isn't answering the question, it's sidestepping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  9. #84
    I don't know the answer, by the way. My best guess is economics. I assume our welfare system is a great deal more generous than the French. Perhaps culture plays a part too, perhaps the French are generally less welcoming to migrants than the English. I know it's insane to think there might be a nation more racist than than the UK, but that might actually suggest we're not that racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Has anyone figured out an answer to why people are risking the lives of their children to flee France yet? Or is that a question that pro-immigration types are still conveniently dodging?
    Language and family or community connections seem like plausible reasons to me so far, but what do you think the reason is? What is it that we're conveniently dodging?

    Do the immigrations think the French are even bigger cunts than us? Or have their lawyers (which all asylum seekers obviously can afford) found some legal loophole that will let them live a great life here without having to work?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  11. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    In many cases, they speak French.
    French is not spoken in Somalia or any of East Africa for that matter. It's English, Portuguese, and Italian with various African languages. So the argument would be they either only learned English as their second language or they have connections here who by whatever means can help them. Not that they just think the UK is Moochtown.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  12. #87
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Location
    Finding my game
    Don't be modest, you guys have the best infrastructure, great weather, awesome national cuisine, who wouldn't wanna come there?
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  13. #88
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,513
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Now that's just unnecessarily cruel.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  14. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    Don't be modest, you guys have the best infrastructure, great weather, awesome national cuisine, who wouldn't wanna come there?
    ...holidays aside, that is.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  15. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Language and family or community connections seem like plausible reasons to me so far, but what do you think the reason is? What is it that we're conveniently dodging?

    Do the immigrations think the French are even bigger cunts than us? Or have their lawyers (which all asylum seekers obviously can afford) found some legal loophole that will let them live a great life here without having to work?
    I just said I don't know the answer, but I suspect it's economics. Family connections is not the answer, because that is a pathway to legal migration.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  16. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    French is not spoken in Somalia or any of East Africa for that matter. It's English, Portuguese, and Italian with various African languages. So the argument would be they either only learned English as their second language or they have connections here who by whatever means can help them. Not that they just think the UK is Moochtown.
    French is spoken in Algeria, Tunisia, Senegal, Ivory Coast, and many other African nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  17. #92
    To be fair, and without having been to either place yet (where are the invites, bitches?), if I was an asylum seeker who found myself in Finland or Austria I would keep going too.

    Especially when I can live in the UK like a king and not have to work like Ong does.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    Don't be modest, you guys have the best infrastructure, great weather, awesome national cuisine, who wouldn't wanna come there?
    Our cuisine isn't as bad as outsiders seem to think. OK it's not comparable to France and Italy, but it's on a par with Germany. Our weather is actually quite great, who the fuck wants to bake in 30+ for six months of the year? And who wants European winters?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  19. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    To be fair, and without having been to either place yet (where are the invites, bitches?), if I was an asylum seeker who found myself in Finland or Austria I would keep going too.

    Especially when I can live in the UK like a king and not have to work like Ong does.
    I mean it's kind of amusing how you're all mocking the idea of coming to the UK, when people are literally risking their lives to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  20. #95
    I've been to Austria, by the way, and it's a great nation. Good beer, fantastic scenery, nice people, it's definitely somewhere I could live, if only I could be bothered to learn German.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  21. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    French is spoken in Algeria, Tunisia, Senegal, Ivory Coast, and many other African nations.
    After we remove Kipling and the white mans' burden from the texts, the next step is to teach kids geography and that Africa is a big continent, and that it's colonial hsitory is heterogeneous.

    French mainly colonised NW and some parts of W Africa. East Africa is a very very long way away from those places.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  22. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I mean it's kind of amusing how you're all mocking the idea of coming to the UK, when people are literally risking their lives to do so.
    That's because you suggested that it's some kind of asylum seeker's paradise, and dismiss more plausible reasons they might want to come here, like language and family.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  23. #98
    What's your point? I said many people coming here from France speak French. How are we getting into a lesson about East African language?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  24. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    That's because you suggested that it's some kind of asylum seeker's paradise, and dismiss more plausible reasons they might want to come here, like language and family.
    So you don't know either? Fair enough.

    I'll say it again. Some speak French, and family is a pathway to legal migration and therefore it would be crazy to risk your life when there are much safer options.

    Try again. Why are they coming here? It's not because it's a paradise here, I suspect it's because we have generous welfare for migrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  25. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I mean it's kind of amusing how you're all mocking the idea of coming to the UK, when people are literally risking their lives to do so.
    I just (admittedly tongue-in-cheek) mocked the idea of living in two countries that aren't the UK - why are you quoting ME here?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  26. #101
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Our cuisine isn't as bad as outsiders seem to think. OK it's not comparable to France and Italy, but it's on a par with Germany. Our weather is actually quite great, who the fuck wants to bake in 30+ for six months of the year? And who wants European winters?
    I know well, my ex lived there for a number of years, I've spent quite a bit of time in London. Never rains, the tube is always on time, and I don't even remember many blackouts or leaking pipes.

    Btw fish'n chips have nothing on sauerkraut and bratwurst.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  27. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    I just (admittedly tongue-in-cheek) mocked the idea of living in two countries that aren't the UK - why are you quoting ME here?
    You went on to mention the UK, like it's preferable to Austria and Finland. It seemed to me that you were mocking the idea of migrants coming here, perhaps I misread the tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  28. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post
    I know well, my ex lived there for a number of years, I've spent quite a bit of time in London. Never rains, the tube is always on time, and I don't even remember many blackouts or leaking pipes.

    Btw fish'n chips have nothing on sauerkraut and bratwurst.
    Rain is a good thing. And fish and chips is far superior to processed German meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  29. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

    I'll say it again. Some speak French,
    You can say it a million times, but the French never got to E. Africa. So if by "some" you mean > 0% of the entire population, you're probably right in the same sense as saying "some" Brits speak Navajo.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  30. #105
    Fucking raw cabbage? Seriously? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  31. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    You can say it a million times, but the French never got to E. Africa. So if by "some" you mean > 0% of the entire population, you're probably right in the same sense as saying "some" Brits speak Navajo.
    Why are we talking about East Africa? I'm talking about migrants arriving in Britain from multiple countries, some of which speak French.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  32. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by CoccoBill View Post

    Btw fish'n chips have nothing on sauerkraut and bratwurst.
    Yup. I've lived here almost 20 years and it's laughable to me that anyone would consider fish and chips a "British treat." It's fucking fish and potatoes. Come on.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  33. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Why are we talking about East Africa? I'm talking about migrants arriving in Britain from multiple countries, some of which speak French.
    We've been talking about Somali refugees in the latest instantiation of #MEGA. Think you need to check the thread, or the news in general.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  34. #109
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Fucking raw cabbage? Seriously? Wow.
    Well yeah sort of, I guess? Fermented like pickles, kimchi, yoghurt, etc. It's good.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  35. #110
    I eat fish and chips once or twice a month, largely because I don't like spending £8 on a single meal when I can spend half that on something better. Fish and chips is hardly the best thing to eat in the UK, but it's still great.

    But really, raw cabbage superior to fish and chips? It's astounding that anyone would actually think that. Fuck me dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  36. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    We've been talking about Somali refugees in the latest instantiation of #MEGA. Think you need to check the thread, or the news in general.
    Oh right, I mentioned Somalis so you think that I think the only African migrants coming here are Somalis. Ok.

    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  37. #112
    I also mentioned "Persian" as a language. I'm surprised you aren't informing me that Iran is in Asia, not Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  38. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I eat fish and chips once or twice a month, largely because I don't like spending £8 on a single meal when I can spend half that on something better. Fish and chips is hardly the best thing to eat in the UK, but it's still great.

    But really, raw cabbage superior to fish and chips? It's astounding that anyone would actually think that. Fuck me dead.
    I eat salmon once a week or so. Cod and other fish I don't really eat.

    I can say this here b/c it's the Brexit/#MEGA thread: Fish will be cheaper for a year or two because no-one will be buying our exports. Potatoes may go up in price depending on how the whole Irish border things pans out. So it may be a very short-lived golden age for F&C eaters - bask in the glory of Brexit!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  39. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I also mentioned "Persian" as a language. I'm surprised you aren't informing me that Iran is in Asia, not Africa.
    I assumed anyone paying attention would know it was just too dumb to refute.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  40. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Oh right, I mentioned Somalis so you think that I think the only African migrants coming here are Somalis. Ok.

    No.
    More obfuscation and troll-bait. You have no serious argument to make, so you look for irrelevant details to dispute.

    As entertaining as it is here in the Breixt/#MEGA thread to point out the various times when you're just making things up to suit your argument, it's easier to just ask you for evidence for them, as this predictably leads you off on a tangent. Because your arguments are mostly indefensible nonsense.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  41. #116
    I don't know how you read that comment of mine and get so much mileage from it. I clearly meant that people come from all parts of the world, speaking many languages.

    Salmon is definitely tastier than cod, not gonna argue with that. But salmon is something I'd eat at home, not buy ready cooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  42. #117
    Damn, forgot that after Brexit you may be able to buy your fish and chips with the fish rolled up in newsprint.

    Wish I could find that caller who was pissed they no longer sold fish in rolled-up newspaper as her argument for the sefl-imposed economic sanctions of Brexit. Apparently it's the taste of ink that gives it its pizazz.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  43. #118
    You still get a sheet of greaseproof paper with your newspaper, for the exact purpose of not leeching ink into your dinner. But I really have no idea what this has to do with Brexit. I really don't think there's an EU regulation that says you can't use newspaper, though tbh it wouldn't actually surprise me if such a regulation does exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  44. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    But I really have no idea what this has to do with Brexit. I really don't think there's an EU regulation that says you can't use newspaper, though tbh it wouldn't actually surprise me if such a regulation does exist.
    Whether it really exists or not, this particular person felt it was a strong enough argument in favour of Brexit to phone into a national radio show and put it forward to someone who'd spent the last two years easily shooting down every other argument from Brexiters.

    I think that says something.

    If there's an equivalent library of remoaners getting put right by a proponent of Brexit, I'd love to see it.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  45. #120
    Of course it says something. It tells you there's fucking dumb people in society. It tells you nothing about the average Brexiteer, any more than my personal circumstances tell you anything about the average white Brit.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  46. #121
    You're falling for propaganda there. It's easy to give a platform to an idiot, in order to mock their ideology. Did you ever see the guy who couldn't say "rape gang" on camera, so there was a meme about "Islamic ray guns"? People mocked his speech instead of thinking about what he was actually saying, because it was more convenient.

    The guy was an idiot, to be fair. But that's exactly why he was given a platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  47. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post

    The guy was an idiot, to be fair. But that's exactly why he was given a platform.
    The point is if there were an equal number of idiots out there for Remain, it'd be easy to find 27 hours worth of them.

    Nay more, if there was even one person who had an argument for Brexit that stood up to scrutiny, someone would have put it up somewhere, along with various rebuttals being shot down. Hasn't happened.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  48. #123
    There's lots of remainer idiots out there. They're all over Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  49. #124
    Gov't loses track of 16k cases of covid because they didn't know how to use Excel. #MEGA

    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  50. #125
    Do you really believe that? I don't. Even I can use excel. I find it easier to believe that it's a deliberate shitshow to maximise profits for vaccine companies. That's where I'm at. I stop short of thinking it's an outright hoax or false flag, because that requires a global conspiracy, which is stretching it to the extreme. But individual governments, taking advantage of an opportunity? I can definitely believe that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  51. #126
    You might not know how to use it to manage 10s of thousands of separate data points. I've never tried it and apparently never has Dido.

    Also, don't see what difference it makes to the vaccine profits. No matter what else happens, they're still going to end up paying another Tory donor some outrageous amount for the vaccine either way.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  52. #127
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,271
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Seems the vaccine companies would want to get the vaccine out ASAP to maximize profit before any chance of herd immunity.

    There's a chance the population gets to the point of not needing a vaccine if enough time passes. Many more would die, which also reduces the potential customer base.


    Is there really some conspiracy theory advantage to delaying a vaccine?



    Not to mention that it'll be at least 18 months from when the vaccine is found before it passes all the safety trials to make sure it doesn't have side effects worse than CV. That's if it's pushed through so dangerously fast that it's extremely likely to miss a lot of potential complications, but hopefully wouldn't miss something so bad it's worse than CV.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  53. #128
    Well, we don't know what kind of protection you get from having already had it. Without trying too hard to untangle Ong's chain of logic, maybe the plan is to keep cases high so it convinces the anti-vaxxers they should buy the... oh wait, we have a public health service, no-one has to pay for it.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  54. #129
    oh wait, we have a public health service, no-one has to pay for it.
    Something something magic money tree.

    It's a mass transfer of wealth by means of tax, austerity, and interest. Ultimately, is comes from the economy. Nothing is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  55. #130
    Still waiting to hear how losing tests leads to profits for the pharmaceutical companies. You're going to have to connect those dots for us, maestro.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  56. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Still waiting to hear how losing tests leads to profits for the pharmaceutical companies. You're going to have to connect those dots for us, maestro.
    No idea, other than to demonstrate incompetency. It's easier to believe than government not being able to use excel, and people "testing their eyesight".
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  57. #132
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Location
    Finding my game
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  58. #133
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,271
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I love the link at the bottom to "Newton's Flaming Laser Sword."
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  59. #134
    Hmm, so if waiting too long to impose restrictions led to disaster in the Spring, what to do now?

    I know, let's wait a bit more!! Maybe THIS time it'll just go away on its own!

    #MEGA

    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...say-scientists
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  60. #135
    The gov't has decided they can't keep paying to furlough workers, and they should all find other jobs instead. They set up this amazing app that tells you what kinds of jobs you're suited for. Check it out!

    https://beta.nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

    I got suggestions of professional athlete, construction worker, and hotel porter. It's like they've known me all my life!

    #MEGA
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  61. #136
    The loan scheme has been abused by criminals to the tune of around £25b. That's not a typo. Fucking billion, not million. Yet they pretend they can't afford furlough.

    Corruption not incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  62. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    The loan scheme has been abused by criminals to the tune of around £25b.
    How do they know it's been abused by criminals for x number of £? Do they have a box for people to tick if they're doing it illegally?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  63. #138
    oskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,513
    Location
    in ur accounts... confiscating ur funz
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    The gov't has decided they can't keep paying to furlough workers, and they should all find other jobs instead. They set up this amazing app that tells you what kinds of jobs you're suited for. Check it out!

    https://beta.nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

    I got suggestions of professional athlete, construction worker, and hotel porter. It's like they've known me all my life!

    #MEGA
    mf crashed on me.
    The strengh of a hero is defined by the weakness of his villains.
  64. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    How do they know it's been abused by criminals for x number of £? Do they have a box for people to tick if they're doing it illegally?
    No idea. That figure is clearly a media estimate, and probably a "worst case scenario" one at that. But if there's billions to be made, it's not just your common criminal that takes notice. Corrupt people in positions of influence do too.

    A mass transfer of wealth, disguised as common fraud.

    I found one source that quotes a £26b figure, but I probably read it on Twitter.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...business-loans
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  65. #140
    If you can think of a better way to get money to small businesses in a hurry, I haven't heard it.

    But yeah, they definitely need to get on the case policing that.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  66. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar View Post
    mf crashed on me.
    Well it is in beta, so will need a few years to work the kinks out - hopefully you won't have found another job by then!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  67. #142
    btw, I entered my best guesses as to what Ong would say on that app and it suggested fruit picker.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  68. #143
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,046
    Location
    Finding my game
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    https://beta.nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

    I got suggestions of professional athlete, construction worker, and hotel porter. It's like they've known me all my life!

    #MEGA
    I got psychiatrist, criminal intelligence analyst, archeologist, insurance broker and housekeeper. Awesome.
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  69. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    If you can think of a better way to get money to small businesses in a hurry, I haven't heard it.
    Tax credits. Or, just do a basic check to ensure the company existed before covid. How difficult can that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  70. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    btw, I entered my best guesses as to what Ong would say on that app and it suggested fruit picker.
    I got actor. I can't act for shit. Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  71. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Tax credits. Or, just do a basic check to ensure the company existed before covid. How difficult can that be?
    Not sure how it all works. Easy to believe it's corrupted and poorly managed though, no surprises there.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  72. #147
    Obviously I don't know how it all works, but you'd think a business that has paid tax for five years can just get a tax credit directly, obviously the tax record alone is sufficient proof of trade. It's probably more complicated for newer businesses, but it at least takes the burden off the loan system that has been rushed through, allowing for more thorough checks for new businesses.

    Even the promise of tax cuts frees up capital. There are many ways to support businesses without having to hand out money to anyone capable of identity fraud. It's all just too easy. If a loan system is rinsing the taxpayer to the tune of £25b, just how much money do you think this whole pandemic is worth? Tip of the iceberg. This is the time of opportunity for those lacking in basic morality.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  73. #148
    This guy is making England great again.

    And the certificate presenter, who I guarantee is a horse girl with a fantastic arse.

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  74. #149
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,271
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    I think I love everything about that.


    EDIT: What's a horse girl?
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  75. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post

    EDIT: What's a horse girl?
    A posh girl whose parents can afford her a horse to go riding on in her free time.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •