Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,287,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

CORONAVIRUS PANIC WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 1,201 to 1,236 of 1236
  1. #1201
    CoccoBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,254
    Location
    Finding my game
    Our brains have just one scale, and we resize our experiences to fit.

  2. #1202
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Meanwhile, New Zealand is in lockdown again.

    lol
  3. #1203
    They've had 5 deaths/million from CV; the UK has had >1800 and still going up (US is at 1500). We've probably also spent more time in full lockdown than they have overall, and we've had some form of restrictions in place for nearly a year now.

    So, who's the bigger joke: The country that works to control outbreaks early and often or the ones that wait until it's out of control before doing something half-assed about it?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  4. #1204
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    They've had 5 deaths/million from CV; the UK has had >1800 and still going up (US is at 1500). We've probably also spent more time in full lockdown than they have overall, and we've had some form of restrictions in place for nearly a year now.

    So, who's the bigger joke: The country that works to control outbreaks early and often or the ones that wait until it's out of control before doing something half-assed about it?
    Cuck muzzles don't work, vaccines don't work, lockdowns don't work, New Zealand is proof of that

    It's just the flu, feel free to go look at flu numbers in 2020

    Oh no, I got hit by a car and died, but I coughed at the end, so we'll count it as a covid death





    Poe's law getting the best of me here, I can't think of something extreme enough to make it clear that I was baiting
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 03-02-2021 at 12:35 PM.
  5. #1205
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow View Post
    Cuck muzzles don't work, vaccines don't work, lockdowns don't work, New Zealand is proof of that

    [Some other nonsense]

    Poe's law getting the best of me here, I can't think of something extreme enough to make it clear that I was baiting
    Try harder.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  6. #1206
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Try harder.
    8 words: 77 words is a pretty good trolling ratio
  7. #1207
    spoonitnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    14,219
    Location
    North Carolina
    All jokes aside, Democrats here in North Carolina are pissed.

    Our governor (a Democrat) was up for re-election in November, and he won. He dropped some of the restrictions before the election, and Democrats expected that was just to help his chances since our race for governor is typically pretty close. They subsequently expected him to increase restrictions once the election was over.

    Nope. He's actually dropped them even further.
  8. #1208
    We don't want to get sued for a bad reaction to the vax, so instead we'll let a bunch of people die of covid.

    https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1372171865041600520
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  9. #1209
    Just booked my appointments for vax doses: next March 25 and June 10th.

    So long, suckers!
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  10. #1210
    Make sure you book a day or two off work after.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  11. #1211
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  12. #1212
    Fuck the virus, we miss shopping!

    https://twitter.com/BlandreaJ/status...08811708436487
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  13. #1213
    I miss walking with a large group of friends who do not discuss coronavirus. I'm waiting for everyone to get vaccinated and we will live a normal life.
  14. #1214
    I was wondering why I suddenly found myself checking out guys' asses after getting jabbed.

    https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/...15218543177733
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  15. #1215
    MadMojoMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,646
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Man... if a gay gets the vax, they're going to be like... super gay.

    Like what about the gays that are already super gay. What will happen to them?

    Will they explode from overwhelming gayness? Ascend to a higher plane of gay?

    ***
    I mean... that's one way to motivate the gay population to get vaxed..?

    It's no Niki Manage's sister's cousin's friend who heard from this kid who knows this guy who said he saw Ferris pass out at the 31 Flavors last night... with huge enormous 'nads... but it's something.
    You can find any pattern you want to any level of precision you want, if you're prepared to ignore enough data.
  16. #1216
    Getting my booster in a few weeks' time. Gonna go buy me some hot pink pants just to get ready for all the gay.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  17. #1217
    Ahaha. We will die and rise again. Lol. Personally, I recently got a shot and feel great. I think that everything is not so bad as many people think.
  18. #1218
    Some school here has decided that both a) the school is a covid petri dish; and b) you'd better send your kid back to the school or else.

    https://twitter.com/Tall_Paul_05/sta...29784627412996
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  19. #1219
    Scrolling through the comments, I can't help but ask how stupid you'd have to be to think "rediculous" is a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  20. #1220
    Yeah, dammit. When are people going to finally focus on the important things, like spelling?
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  21. #1221
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    Yeah, dammit. When are people going to finally focus on the important things, like spelling?
    It's not just spelling though. Try saying "rediculous". It sounds... ridiculous, right? It's even stupider than "could of" and "should of", at least that sounds like what people think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  22. #1222
    Not sure if this is satire or just straight up truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  23. #1223
    Q: "Why are gov'ts concerned about the Omicron variant?"

    Scientists: "It has a large number of mutations which makes it more likely to be vaccine-resistant. It's also likely to be more transmissible, as that's how selection pressure works."

    Right -wing loony on youtube: So they can control us with masks, and sell more vaccines. No, I'm not worried about the £35b given to their mates for a test and trace that doesn't work, I'm more concerned with a few million spent on vaccines that have been proven to save lives.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  24. #1224
    I heard a scientist talking about variants, and he said that covid is here to stay. Eventually, we're all going to catch covid in one form or another. So basically, you can get vaxxed and have a heightened immune response to it, or you can pray you catch a weak variant and/or that you're not one of the people who thinks it'll never happen to them until they're lying in the hospital gasping for breath.

    But hey, who wants to listen to scientists when there's perfectly ignorant people spouting all kinds of more interesting "theories" out there.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  25. #1225
    You say he's a right wing loon, but actually he's taking the piss out of right wing loons. I think. I can't really tell if he's taking the piss or spewing his real thoughts. That's why I like him. Satire is more effective when you're not really sure if it's satire or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  26. #1226
    Here's an idea for you Ong in case they bring in vaccine passports.

    https://twitter.com/GalleseVittorio/...72145833021444
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  27. #1227
    I'm not sure cheating is the way to oppose the morality of vaccination passports.

    Every two weeks, I have to walk ten miles in total, with a train journey thrown in, to get to the jobcentre. They're telling me it might become a weekly thing. So I'm kinda hoping they do bring in vaccination passports and ban me from public transport so I literally can't get to the jobcentre. The first couple of miles is hellish, a 60mph A-road with no path. I can do without that walk. I never go to the pub anymore anyway, so fuck it, I'll just become full hermit while the rest of the country basks in all its fascist glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  28. #1228
    "I can't come to the job centre because I don't have a vaccine passport. Gimme my free money please."

    Good luck with that.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  29. #1229
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    I'm not sure cheating is the way to oppose the morality of vaccination passports.

    Every two weeks, I have to walk ten miles in total, with a train journey thrown in, to get to the jobcentre. They're telling me it might become a weekly thing. So I'm kinda hoping they do bring in vaccination passports and ban me from public transport so I literally can't get to the jobcentre. The first couple of miles is hellish, a 60mph A-road with no path. I can do without that walk. I never go to the pub anymore anyway, so fuck it, I'll just become full hermit while the rest of the country basks in all its fascist glory.
    Going to be an even longer walk for you...

    Seems stupid to ask people to come in to the jobcentre if you can do it remotely. That said, when I was on the dole, that ten mins in the waiting area with some nut cases was an incentive to get a job. The conversation was always pointless:

    "How's the search going?"
    "No joy, but I'm looking every day and applying" (complete lie).
    "OK, see you in two weeks".
  30. #1230
    Seems stupid to ask people to come in to the jobcentre if you can do it remotely.
    Yup, but they actively want to make life unbearable for people on benefits.

    It's funny how poop will argue all day that we should let 27 y/o boys from Somalia just boat their way here from France for free housing, money, health and education, but when a lazy native wants a handout it's "gimme free money please".
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  31. #1231
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Yup, but they actively want to make life unbearable for people on benefits.

    It's funny how poop will argue all day that we should let 27 y/o boys from Somalia just boat their way here from France for free housing, money, health and education, but when a lazy native wants a handout it's "gimme free money please".
    lol yeah they're just taking a pleasure cruise to get to the UK and enjoy that £20 a week, while you're seeking gainful employment with every fibre of ur being and only getting a roof over your head and spliff money in return.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  32. #1232
    lol yeah they're just taking a pleasure cruise to get to the UK and enjoy that £20 a week
    You think people are risking their lives for £20 a week? They can beg for that much anywhere in Europe.

    You're showing here your blissful ignorance of how much money immigrants cost the taxpayer, while moaning at me for costing the taxpayer money.

    Maybe if I fled to Canada and begged them for money and housing, you'd have more sympathy for my predicament. After all, the UK, just like France, is a war torn hellhole, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  33. #1233
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    You think people are risking their lives for £20 a week? They can beg for that much anywhere in Europe.
    Whatever they're getting, it's less than you're getting.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    how much money immigrants cost the taxpayer, while moaning at me for costing the taxpayer money.
    Immigrants are a net + for the economy. That's a fair chunk of the reason that Brexit is costing the economy twice as much as covid.

    Refugees are too.

    You're a net - and you have been for a long time afaict.


    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    Maybe if I fled to Canada and begged them for money and housing, you'd have more sympathy for my predicament. After all, the UK, just like France, is a war torn hellhole, right?
    Yeah it's a good thing we left the EU so we could take back control of our borders and limit immigration eh?

    You would get the same treatment in Canada as you do here, so no reason to risk your life in a rubber dinghy. Unless maybe you had family in Quebec and you only spoke French.

    But in your DM-fuelled world, I'm sure they're all coming here becuase they're getting put up in luxury hotels and given Bentleys to drive.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 12-03-2021 at 05:42 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  34. #1234
    To be clear, I don't have a problem with people living on benefits. I'd rather you're a net - to the economy and my taxes go to keeping you afloat than having you starve or sleeping in a ditch.

    I have a problem with people living on benefits and being against giving a fraction of those benefits to refugees.

    If helping refugees took money out of your pocket, I'd at least understand your point, but it's doesn't.
    Last edited by Poopadoop; 12-03-2021 at 05:48 PM.
    I just think we should suspend judgment on Trump until we have all the facts through an inquiry
  35. #1235
    Whatever they're getting, it's less than you're getting.
    I very much doubt that. Let's just say that a month in Travelodge is a lot more than my rent.

    Immigrants are a net + for the economy.
    In general, yes. But here all you're doing here is allowing the Indian doctors and Chinese takeaway owners to carry the uneducated Somalian. The Somalian is a net - for the economy, but you won't consider the Somalian in isolation.

    I've said many times I am not opposed to immigration, in fact I support immigration. Just not open borders immigration. We choose who we want here, like New Zealand, who won't let me anywhere near their country as a resident because I'm fucking useless. Even though I speak their language. I respect their position. I am useless, why should they support me?

    Refugees are too.
    Depends on the refugee. It certainly helps if they can speak some English, and it helps if they have reasonable chances of getting a job.

    You're a net - and you have been for a long time afaict.
    I'm sure during my life I've paid more in tax than I've received in benefits. But even so, we're missing an important point here... I was born here. It's not my choice to live in the UK. There isn't another country in the world I have the right to live in, nor should I have that right. The UK has an obligation to support me, assuming the UK wants to be a civilised society without real poverty. The UK does not have an obligation to support the 7 billion plus not-British people in the world.

    You would get the same treatment in Canada as you do here, so no reason to risk your life in a rubber dinghy.
    No I wouldn't. I'm a citizen here. I wouldn't be in Canada. I'm not entitled to Canadian welfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
  36. #1236
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopadoop View Post
    To be clear, I don't have a problem with people living on benefits. I'd rather you're a net - to the economy and my taxes go to keeping you afloat than having you starve or sleeping in a ditch.
    Cool. Even when I was working I didn't care about those who didn't. Not my business, and I'm not one to judge. It's not like people getting a job results in me paying less tax.

    I have a problem with people living on benefits and being against giving a fraction of those benefits to refugees.
    I'm not against refugees. You're making that assumption because you fail to see that it's a complex topic. I'm against illegal, undocumented immigration. I am more than happy to open our country to migrants who have something to offer, who come here legally, and who speak at least some English and intend to improve. I respect people who can make the cultural adaptations to succeed in another country to where they're from.

    What I don't respect is people traffickers loading up boats in France, a country that is safe, sending them to the UK, and making it seem like we're the bad guys for saying "nah this isn't right".

    If helping refugees took money out of your pocket, I'd at least understand your point, but it's doesn't.
    Like I say, refugees aren't the problem. You don't understand my point because you don't listen to what I say and instead make assumptions like I hate refugees and oppose immigration. I've told you plenty of times this is inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •