By Jack Sawyer
PokerStars United Kingdom & Ireland Poker Tour
The PokerStars United Kingdom & Ireland Poker Tour (UKIPT) is a brand new series of tournaments spanning both countries. It’s similar in style to the Asian Pacific Poker Tour and the European Poker Tour, except it takes place exclusively in the Great Britain. Registration is open to residents of all countries and, more importantly, the winnings are tax free, as Great Britain knows that it doesn’t make sense for gambling income to be taxed.
The stops of the tour will be plentiful and varied. The inaugural UKIPT will hold events in the following iconic cities around Great Britain:
• The first tournament is in Galway, Ireland, held at the prestigious Radisson Hotel this December 11th through 14th. All you need to make your dream come true in Galway is just €2,000.
• Manchester (ha, so you can partake in your very own battle of Man Utd. vs Man City), a truly multicultural city, which is home to Factory Records, New Order, Joy Division and The Smiths. The UKIPT Manchester stop runs Feb. 11 through 14 (I see tons of heartbreak happening on this date) with the buy-in being £500 + 50.
• Coventry, the jewel in the heart of England and has a guaranteed prize pool of £100k. The event will be held in the spectacular G Casino which boasts amazing entertainment, fantastic food and two great late night bars. UKIPT Coventry will be a four-day event held at the G-Casino, April 8-11, 2010 and features a £500 + 50 buy-in.
• Nottingham, another four day event this time taking place at the exciting Dusk Till Dawn venue which was the first legal poker-only club in the UK and is one of the largest in Europe. The Main Event of UKIPT Nottingham will feature a £500 + 50 buy-in and will take place from May 13 -16, 2010.
• Killarney, in the fabulous Gleneagle Hotel, which offers the best in accommodation and entertainment in the region. The hotel has an impressive leisure centre which features 25m swimming pool and kids club. The Main Event of UKIPT Killarney will feature a €1000 + 100 buy-in. and takes place on June 24 -27, 2010.
• Brighton, Scotland, a seaside stop which has the bragging rights of having at least 8 million tourists visiting the city every single year. The event will be held at the Rendezvous Casino from July 15 -18, 2010 and feature a £500 + 50 buy-in.
• Dublin, the world famous Leprechaun HQ, and the event will be held at the Burlington Hotel from September 9 – 12, 2010 featuring a €1000 + 100 buy-in.
• The Grand finale of the UKIPT is the now famous London EPT main event.
As you can see, what is featured here is tons of historic sites, fabulous food, lots more festivals and as much fun as you can (legally) have in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Qualifying into the UKIPT cannot be any easier thanks to the many ways PokerStars has implemented. First up there’s always the Steps Sit-N-Go’s, with which you can earn your seat starting from as low as $7.50 or 111 FPPs; all you have to do is win the 6 steps to get your seat. There are also UKIPT freerolls held especially for UK and Ireland players, starting November 8 at 20:00 GMT. This freeroll awards 2 seats into the next day’s $109 satellite. The last freeroll takes place on November 19th. Aside from these there are literally dozens of satellites running around the clock; all you have to do to participate in your desired one is navigate in the PokerStars lobby, click “Events” then the event of your choice and you’re ready to register for the satellite of your choice. Click the “Special” button to make your buy-in.
Secure your seat and your chance to make your dream come true today!
Have you ever come across a confusing poker term? Our poker dictionary has 1224 definitions!
Play for FREE and practice your game at...
Would you like to submit your own poker article to be featured on FTR? You can by clicking here - Submit a Poker Article!