24h Poker.com Overview
The first thing you’ll notice when visiting is that it is a European-based poker room. There is not any US currency used and that can be confusing. However, if you’ve been playing poker for a while you know that it isn’t the currency that matters. One reason the US dollar is not taken is because 24hPoker does not accept US players for cash games due to the UIGEA.
To join 24hPoker you must first visit the website to signup before downloading the program. The signup process is very easy; however purchasing chips is a little more complicated. Because 24hpoker.com has a casino too, you are purchasing chips for the poker room and the casino. One must first purchase chips, (after calculating the conversion rate from USD to EURO), then transfer those chips into the poker room. This transaction is fairly easy but requires that one extra step most other poker sites avoid.
The poker room is operated by Entraction Operation Ltd (former 24hPAY Ltd) of Malta and provides efficient gaming in cooperation with various software suppliers. There is a good spread of games and their software is nice and crisp and runs smoothly. Some of the poker rooms pluses are:
- A unique initial deposit bonus which can go up to €1,000.
- Other bonuses are also offered from time to time that include many reload bonuses.
- A generous monthly bonus is given to players on the basis of their VIP points.
- A friend referral can also fetch a player €50.
- A lottery is also carried out every week where players stand to win prizes.