Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Superbowl match up:

Default Superbowl match up:

KC vrs Seattle.

I'm willing to take bets.

Why you will lose this bet: KC has Brandon Flowers. Seattle has Daryl Tapp.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I like it!

KC vs SEA, oh cmon
    Never bet on a white man in the heavyweight division!
    Dollar sign!?
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I dunno about the Chiefs, I think the Patriots are really good, I think they could go 18-1
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBobAA
    I dunno about the Chiefs, I think the Patriots have a few more cheating tricks up their sleeve!
    fyp.
    Cowboys 85- Patriots 13

bookmark his thread
    <Staxalax> I want everyone to put my quote in their sigs
    Colts over Vikings - 20 - 12
    Why are you so stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantaroth
    i like this one best
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    the Chiefs? They aren't even the 2nd best team in the division! Let alone the NFL!

You're nuts! San Diego vs Dallas
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes
    I'll do $50 straight up.

More likely
    Browns v Vikings
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Quote Originally Posted by swiggidy
    I'll do $50 straight up.

More likely
    Browns v Vikings
    Like how? Two people pick a match up and the person who gets it right wins?

Omg, I'll take it.

I'll go Cowboys/Patriots and give you 1.5/1.
    im calling a T.O. blow up this year. esp if they lose in the first round AGAIN! LOLCHOKAMENTS!
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    Say what you want, the giants got insanely hot at the right time and ran through the 3 best teams in the NFL. Plus Jacque Reeves was a little bitch. Steve Smith (the sorry one that plays for the Gnats) isn't going to go crazy against pac man or newman.
    they got lucky, thats all there is to say. however, tony romo is still a little choke artist bitch. botching the hold on the FG in the playoffs will haunt him forever. maybe you guys should ditch roy williams. i mean wow, that guy is so bad. its what they get for picking a sooner.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    Yea b/c Adrian Peterson is really awful too. The 6 teams that passed on him are sure glad they didn't draft a Sooner.

I am a Cowboys fan but I have to LOL@Roy Williams all the time. OOOO he'll hit ya, he aint gonna cover ya, but he'll hit ya.
    BRODIE CROYLE

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, UG.
    Playing live . . . thanks alot Bin Laden.
    OP, level? Anyways, NE vs Dal/MInn
    Quote Originally Posted by bode
    i like this one best
    I am a diehard viking fan but don't see them getting to the big game. If they did it would be Pats 38-17.
    The vikes made the SB champs looks like pussies in their own house.
    Quote Originally Posted by UG
    BRODIE CROYLE
    Brandon Flowers throws a tighter spiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly String
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, UG.
    BRODIE CROYLE will do that to us a lot this season, I'm afraid.

I can't jump on the Vikings bandwagon. Playoffs-- maybe, but they aren't even the best team in the NFCn (GB). Here's why I think they get so much love.

Tier 1 NFL fans: Madden players who are all about the passing game and throwing 40 yard bombs to fast/tall receivers, hence love for the passing game.

Tier 2 NFL fans: Realize the importance of running the football and the absolute *necessity* for good line play to be a good football team. True, and the Vikes have a supurb left side of the O-line, and just picked up a premier edge-pass rusher, so it makes them a trendy pick. But...

Tier 3 NFL fans: Look at their freaking passing game. QB, receivers, TE. Look at the teams that have been winning the big one. Off the top of my head:

E. Manning, not an elite QB, *BUT PLAYED LIKE ONE ALL POST-SEASON*. The best d-line in 2007 that stepped up in the playoffs and particularly against brady's bunch didn't hurt, of course. Strahand, Uminyoouraruiraa, Tuck, etc.

P. Manning, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, et al. 'Nuff Said.

Before that, Ben Worthlessburger and the Pittsburgh squeelers. Cowher built that team to be a tough, smash mouth football team (they earned that reputation), but they've been transitioning over to more of a spread attack ever since they drafted big ben, who is a big time underrated QB (has been for a while).

The 2 sb's prior to that, xxxix and xxxiix (39 and 38 to normal people)-- tom brady, nuff said. possibly underrated/underappreciated back then, not anymore.

Going back further we can talk about more sick defense-- pass rush in particular with simeon rice, warren sapp, more tom brady, ray lewis, john elway, blah blah blah.

The point being: birk, hutch, bryant, APAD, both williams + J.A. is a nice corps group, good chance they even make the playoffs.

But Tavaris Jackson, Bobby Wade, and Sidney Rice, *winning a super bowl*?

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
    tell us what you really think

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie
    I can't jump on the Vikings bandwagon. Playoffs-- maybe, but they aren't even the best team in the NFCn (GB). Here's why I think they get so much love.

Tier 1 NFL fans: Madden players who are all about the passing game and throwing 40 yard bombs to fast/tall receivers, hence love for the passing game.

Tier 2 NFL fans: Realize the importance of running the football and the absolute *necessity* for good line play to be a good football team. True, and the Vikes have a supurb left side of the O-line, and just picked up a premier edge-pass rusher, so it makes them a trendy pick. But...

Tier 3 NFL fans: Look at their freaking passing game. QB, receivers, TE. Look at the teams that have been winning the big one. Off the top of my head:

E. Manning, not an elite QB, *BUT PLAYED LIKE ONE ALL POST-SEASON*. The best d-line in 2007 that stepped up in the playoffs and particularly against brady's bunch didn't hurt, of course. Strahand, Uminyoouraruiraa, Tuck, etc.

P. Manning, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, et al. 'Nuff Said.

Before that, Ben Worthlessburger and the Pittsburgh squeelers. Cowher built that team to be a tough, smash mouth football team (they earned that reputation), but they've been transitioning over to more of a spread attack ever since they drafted big ben, who is a big time underrated QB (has been for a while).

The 2 sb's prior to that, xxxix and xxxiix (39 and 38 to normal people)-- tom brady, nuff said. possibly underrated/underappreciated back then, not anymore.

Going back further we can talk about more sick defense-- pass rush in particular with simeon rice, warren sapp, more tom brady, ray lewis, john elway, blah blah blah.

The point being: birk, hutch, bryant, APAD, both williams + J.A. is a nice corps group, good chance they even make the playoffs.

Bobby Wade, Sidney Rice, and Bernard Berrian is solid. Their running game is the best in the NFC, which I still think is weaker than the AFC.

I do not think the Packers are as good as they played last year, and the rest of the division blows.

Vikings will grind out the regular season, and once they get into the playoffs - their top notch defense and running game will get them to the title game.

IMO
    I think a more likely scenario would be like... they grind out the regular season, maybe even win a game in the wild-card round, but don't get past the divisional round. I'd be shocked if they make it to the NFC title game.

also,

http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...40.html#705921

Bobby Wade, Sidney Rice, and Bernard Berrian is solid. Their running game is the best in the NFC, which I still think is weaker than the AFC.

I do not think the Packers are as good as they played last year, and the rest of the division blows.

Vikings will grind out the regular season, and once they get into the playoffs - their top notch defense and running game will get them to the title game.

IMO
    I think the packers are a real solid team. Top to bottom, they have a strong roster. Vikes are really top heavy-- hence a bunch of pro-bowlers but only 8 wins in the NFC.

I think they are a good team, just not super bowl contenders, that's all. They are clearly getting better.
    I am a Packers fan, so I admit bias, but who are the Vikings blowing in the media to be so highly rated every year? Ever since I can remember, even going back to the Herschel Walker trade, people wear the Vikings as an Asshat. They have Adrian Petersen, yes assuming he stays healthy which is a question mark, but the quarterback blows, the receivers are average, the defense is basically their line and the coaching staff has not proven they have what it takes to take them to the next level. They will start off fast and fade like they do every year, and next year, they will be everyone's pick to win it again.
    "Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then you are a mile away, and have his shoes." - Anon.
    Quote Originally Posted by UG
    tell us what you really think
    give them a real 1-2 punch at receiver (e.g. moss+welker+watson, edwards+winslow, owens+witten, johnson+housch, wayne+clark, plax+shockey, johnson+williams, fitz+boldin, et al), then add a real quarterback (tavaris becomes the backup), and they are the class of the NFC. I know, a little easier said than done.
    I think a more likely scenario would be like... they grind out the regular season, maybe even win a game in the wild-card round, but don't get past the divisional round. I'd be shocked if they make it to the NFC title game.

also,

I believe they can get there too but if they play at Dallas they are toast. Tjax didn't have any weapons deep last year (ala Twill), Berrian is decent enough to get the job done 1 vs 1 and it will force teams to play out of the box which will open up massive holes for AD as long as they connect on the deep ball and make them pay.

You are overating GB a little too, they will have a very average run game now that Favre is gone because it forced teams to play the pass and completely forget about the run. I see 10-6 at best for GB, vikes are right around there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltrain
    I am a Packers fan, so I admit bias, but who are the Vikings blowing in the media to be so highly rated every year? Ever since I can remember, even going back to the Herschel Walker trade, people wear the Vikings as an Asshat. They have Adrian Petersen, yes assuming he stays healthy which is a question mark, but the quarterback blows, the receivers are average, the defense is basically their line and the coaching staff has not proven they have what it takes to take them to the next level. They will start off fast and fade like they do every year, and next year, they will be everyone's pick to win it again.
    If the vikes start out hot at the beginning of the season then the North will be theirs. Their schedule is cinch after the bye week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythonic
    If the vikes start out hot at the beginning of the season then the North will be theirs. Their schedule is cinch after the bye week.
    Could the Vikings be good this year, maybe even great? Yes it's possible, but Superbowl champs? I want some of what he is smoking...
    "Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Then you are a mile away, and have his shoes." - Anon.
    whoa whoa whoa, where did I say SB champs??? I said i think they would lose at Dallas and would get creamed against NE.
    whoa whoa whoa, where did I say SB champs??? I said i think they would lose at Dallas and would get creamed against NE.
    Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated has the Vikings winning the SB.
    Ltrain, what is your stars name and why did you keep 3 betting me?

also,

I believe they can get there too but if they play at Dallas they are toast. Tjax didn't have any weapons deep last year (ala Twill), Berrian is decent enough to get the job done 1 vs 1 and it will force teams to play out of the box which will open up massive holes for AD as long as they connect on the deep ball and make them pay.

You are overating GB a little too, they will have a very average run game now that Favre is gone because it forced teams to play the pass and completely forget about the run. I see 10-6 at best for GB, vikes are right around there too.
    seems pretty reasonable. I hate making predictions because I've seen so much crazy **** happen in the NFL.

Can't wait for training camp and pre-season
    Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated has the Vikings winning the SB.
    He's a damn fool

Default Re: Superbowl match up:

Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla
    KC vrs Seattle.

I'm willing to take bets.

Why you will lose this bet: KC has Brandon Flowers. Seattle has Daryl Tapp.
    By that logic, the Texans should make the superbowl.
    i don't get this flowers-tapp-superbowl connection (other than they went to the same school as rilla)?