Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

buying a safe

Default buying a safe

thinking about buying a safe for some valuables. Anyone have any recomendations/experience with safes. hoping for something in the 200-250 range.

it will be mainly for protection from smash-and-grab type burglaries, not too worried about someone with safe cracking experience targeting me

I live in an apartment building, so don't think I will be able to bolt down/install wall safes.
    "If you can't say f*ck, you can't say f*ck the government" - Lenny Bruce
    snds a bit pointless if you cant bolt it or attach it to a wall, someone just has to walk in, find it and walk away with it lol.
    "This sure beats Super Mario Bros.!" is my ejaculation catch phrase.

If you can not bolt it down then all your valuables are in one easy to steal box imo

I think bolting it to the floor could still work, depending on if you think landlord will see the holes when you move out and how much you value your security deposit.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    I didn't think its Bold to bang some chick with my bro. but i guess so... thats +EV in my book.
    i live in a building with security camera at all entrances and exits. carrying a 100lb safe is a little conspicuous.

the last time I was robbed, someone got a hold of a master key, went to all the apartments where noone was home, and took cash, jewelry, and small electronics that could be quickly taken and put into a pocket. I don't have enough for someone to target me specifically, so I want to protect against this type of thing (I don't live in that building anymore, but you never know).

I would like it to stand up to about 5 minutes with a crowbar, after that the guy just wants it more than me.
    "If you can't say f*ck, you can't say f*ck the government" - Lenny Bruce
    get something that is at least 2 hour fireproof. you can also get ones now that require a fingerprint to open for reasonable prices
    get about 40 bibles and hollow them out ;]
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Directions to join the #flopturnriver Internet Relay Chat - Come chat with us!
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoricism
    And if there is a fire???
    Never bet on a white man in the heavyweight division!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythonic
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoricism
    And if there is a fire???
    Jesus will protect your stuff ldo

I dunno if he will look kindly on you cutting up his book, in fact he may burn your house down out of spite.
    I didn't think its Bold to bang some chick with my bro. but i guess so... thats +EV in my book.
    Move out of the hood? Hide the stuff when you go out or open a safety deposit box if its not stuff you need to use/have access to at all times.

Don't be results oriented.
    i used to keep my live roll in a book safe. They actually sell them at walmart.
    <Staxalax> Honestly, #flopturnriver is the one thing that has improved my game the most.
    Directions to join the #flopturnriver Internet Relay Chat - Come chat with us!
    Get a safe and buy LoJack. That way even if they do take the safe you can find those fuckers.
    My sig is too much for you to handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by freechus9
    Get a safe and buy Kojak. That way even if they do take the safe you can find those fuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    send a mail to Terry

[email protected]

tell him Rusty sent ya
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Buy the cheapest piece of shit safe you can find and set it right near your door. They will get in, see the safe, grab it and run thinking they are rich. Little do they know all your valuables are sitting in a shoebox in the closet.
    No ides what the price is, but it weighs over 140lbs:

http://www.chubblockandsafe.co.nz/sa...tment_safe.htm
    you could buy a cheap safe and just put a buncha chains on it attached to weights!
    OR buy a cheap safe and rig a hand grenade to asspolde if anyones opens it and keep your valuables in a hollowed out bible
    Just bury that shit in yer backyard.

Worked for pirates, still works today.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZachNation
    OR buy a cheap safe and rig a hand grenade to asspolde if anyones opens it and keep your valuables in a hollowed out bible
    also keep a webcam on the safe at all times.