Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

PLO What to do here

Default PLO What to do here

I am totally new to omaha, decided to recently buy a book and get better. Im not sure about the preflop call, infact I hate it, didnt realise the stack size problem till after the hand but anyways my question is about my turn play,

I find myself in this spot often, amazing flop, go for the check raise to get as much money in the pot as possible, villain calls, turn brings a deal breaking card, I have committed so much money to the pot and I still have equity, but it feels like I dont have enough equity against what I *think* he has.

Do I shove or check fold, or even check call?

Full Tilt Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO ($129.01)
    Button ($4.86)
    Hero (SB) ($44.84)
    BB ($51.37)
    UTG ($29.40)
    MP ($25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, 9, 10, 10
    UTG bets $0.55, 2 folds, Button raises to $1.27, Hero calls $1.17, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.72

Flop: ($4.06) 3, 10, 8 (3 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $2.03, 1 fold, Hero raises to $9.50, UTG calls $7.47

Turn: ($23.06) J (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets $18.63 (All-In), Hero calls $18.63

River: ($60.32) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $60.32 | Rake: $3

Results below:
    Spoiler:

Hero had J, 9, 10, 10 (full house, Jacks over tens).
    UTG had Q, 9, 9, A (straight, Queen high).
    Outcome: Hero won $57.32
    J is not very likely, folding fullhouse when you're holding the villain's out is disgusting, at least there's no quads, nh
    If things were to magically revert to January 1st, 2003, only I could take everything I know now in terms of poker ability/knowledge, bonus clearing, etc., I think it's safe to say that it would be trivially easy to make over a million dollars.
    J is not very likely, folding fullhouse when you're holding the villain's out is disgusting, at least there's no quads, nh
    ?
    anyway, jam turn, clubs are bad, straight card is meh but if he has it he has it. you still have 25% equity vs Q9** so you can't fold, and worse hands are more likely to pay off now. You don't want to give a free card. The river is also usually going to be scary.
    Last edited by drmcboy; 03-03-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    Haha at ISillyDurrrAK comment, think you read the hand wrong?

If BTN is full stacked, is calling preflop here ok?
    Preflop: Generally I dont think call OOP against a raise and reraise with action still open with this hand is a good move, however considering how shorty the button is (he will be AI if UTG pots) it is OK I guess

Flop: Why not lead out on the flop?

Turn: lead turn

Snap call.