Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Is my dogs previous owner a racist?

Default Is my dogs previous owner a racist?

So a while back we adopted a black lab from the animal shelter. Now, his name is Bandit. It didn't hit me until now that he was obviously a victim of racial prejudice because he's black. They just associated black with a bandit (aka a thief). I mean wtf? Is that not the most racist thing you guys have heard of or what?

In fact I am so pissed off about this, I am going to write letters to Bill O'Reilly, Chris Matthews, etc., so hopefully I can get on air and inform the public how offensive and racist it is to name a dog based on the color of his fur. I mean imagine how offensive it is for an African-American to hear me call my dogs name? So what I need from you, my esteemed colleagues, is to send tons of emails so we can right this wrong.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
    you're probably more racist than the previous owners
    you may be reading into this too much man
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroters
    Ambition is fucking great, but you're trying to dig up gold with a rocket launcher and are going to blow the whole lot to shit unless you refine your tools
    I used to live with a now ex-girlfriend and another girl she played softball with at NCSU. The other girl was like someone I'd want to punch in the face, had a giant Bush Jr. poster in her bedroom (not making this up) and shit like that, but she had a black lab. When a black couple were checking out the apartment right next to us, she was talking about how she hoped they wouldn't get it because dogs don't like black people and she didn't want her dog to bite anyone. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow
    I used to live with a now ex-girlfriend and another girl she played softball with at NCSU. The other girl was like someone I'd want to punch in the face, had a giant Bush Jr. poster in her bedroom (not making this up) and shit like that, but she had a black lab. When a black couple were checking out the apartment right next to us, she was talking about how she hoped they wouldn't get it because dogs don't like black people and she didn't want her dog to bite anyone. True story.
    you should of most definitely punched her in the vag imo, good old ovary punch would have done her good.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow
    Have you ever seen the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode with the racist dog???
    My inlaws have a racist chihuahua.

It flips out (much more than normal) whenever anyone remotely dark skinned is around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfan79
    My inlaws have a racist chihuahua.

It flips out (much more than normal) whenever anyone remotely dark skinned is around.
    LOL @ a Mexican dog that hates brown people.

Default Re: Is my dogs previous owner a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by will641
    So a while back we adopted a black lab from the animal shelter.
    ^^ R A C I S T ! ! !^^

Why's it gotta be black? You don't like white dogs? What about the latinos? Shouldn't they be adopted too? Why do they need to be categorized by the color of their fur?
    "$80 million Submarine mansion. Think about it."
    overthinking imo
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA

Default Re: Is my dogs previous owner a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber14
    So a while back we adopted a black lab from the animal shelter.
    ^^ R A C I S T ! ! !^^

Why's it gotta be black? You don't like white dogs? What about the latinos? Shouldn't they be adopted too? Why do they need to be categorized by the color of their fur?
    thats what im sayin yo!
    <mod please insert "how smart I am graph" here>
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    I'm a german-american.. blonde hair, blue eyes, yadayadayada. I'm kind of a goofy guy and sometimes I do stupid stuff for the amusement of others. The other day my puerto-rican ex-girlfriend was over, I said something stupid, and she said 'oh my god you are so blonde'.

She clearly is racist against white people and thinks all blonde haired people are stupid and inferior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukie
    I'm a german-american.. blonde hair, blue eyes, yadayadayada. I'm kind of a goofy guy and sometimes I do stupid stuff for the amusement of others. The other day my puerto-rican ex-girlfriend was over, I said something stupid, and she said 'oh my god you are so blonde'.

She clearly is racist against white people and thinks all blonde haired people are stupid and inferior.
    exactly! you should come on the tv shows with me. we'll wtfpwn people.

am i part of the problem now?
    LOL blondes

i had a blond girlfriend once, {insert long long and entertaining, but unimportant to others story, explaining on detail how this blonde acted sooooo, um, blonde, and i loved her for that even more for some strange reason}, the love of my life.

LOL wufwugy, KFC nice one LOLOL
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy

am i part of the problem now?
    would be 50x funnier if his head actually asploded.

and yes you are part of the problem, diagf.
    dude my yellow lab would obviously make your black lab sit on the back of the dog bus!
    Flopping quads and boats like its my job
    Serious post:

If there's one group who is very clearly discriminated against, it would have to be gays. A good case could be made for muslims as well. It just seems that everybody, media included, makes the whole race issue out to be white vs black still. I think sports and hip hop have gone a long way to make that a much smaller issue than it used to be. Nobody can deny that people of all races are victims of true racism everyday, but it just drives me nuts when the media nit-picks every statement that somebody makes and any comment that could be weirdly construed to be negative toward another group of people is used to crucify them. It's such a joke.
    thats about spot on.

as usual, i blame the bigotry on religion. sounds cliche and pointless, but seriously, back when US politics were not hijacked by religion was bigotry lessened. now what we see is after religion hijacked US politics and bigotry towards other groups rising.

its fucking ridiculous. i wanna know how this shit happened. the nation was not founded by religious fanatics. at what point did religion take over?
    Serious post:

If there's one group who is very clearly discriminated against, it would have to be gays. A good case could be made for muslims as well. It just seems that everybody, media included, makes the whole race issue out to be white vs black still. I think sports and hip hop have gone a long way to make that a much smaller issue than it used to be. Nobody can deny that people of all races are victims of true racism everyday, but it just drives me nuts when the media nit-picks every statement that somebody makes and any comment that could be weirdly construed to be negative toward another group of people is used to crucify them. It's such a joke.
    I don't think this is what ur saying here, but gay is not a race. It is a personal choice. I don't think you can make a legitimate argument for gay rights. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing personal or otherwise against homosexuals, its just that you shouldn't be able to complain that someone doesn't like you because of your personal choice. Someone who chooses to not shower, can be refused a job because they chose that. Same for any other choice. YES IT IS A CHOICE!! ALSO,

Quote Originally Posted by thizzSantaCruz
    dude my yellow lab would obviously make your black lab sit on the back of the dog rickshaw!
    FYP
    "$80 million Submarine mansion. Think about it."
    Serious post:

I don't think this is what ur saying here, but gay is not a race. It is a personal choice. I don't think you can make a legitimate argument for gay rights. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing personal or otherwise against homosexuals, its just that you shouldn't be able to complain that someone doesn't like you because of your personal choice. Someone who chooses to not shower, can be refused a job because they chose that. Same for any other choice. YES IT IS A CHOICE!! ALSO,

dude my yellow lab would obviously make your black lab sit on the back of the dog rickshaw!
    FYP
    YESSSSS

thank you for posting an unfounded opinion when facts to the contrary exist. instead of me typing up why i'll just refer you to this short video. donexodus does a much better job of explaining this type of thing than i do, anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWqQNRAoKY

and fyi, the word lukie was looking for was bigotry, but what he meant was still obvious
    Serious post:

FYP
    It's one thing to not like someone, but it's another to actively discriminate and act with prejudice against them, and I think that's what the OP meant IMO! Whether that's on the grounds of an inherent cultural issue, race, religion, or sexuality shouldn't really matter I don't think. These are all very personal areas of someones life and I don't think anyone has the right to judge another let alone actively discriminate against them which is something altogether more sinister. Most groups that discrimate in this way do so because they lack any common ground and their discrimination brings them together and compensates to some extent for their very shallow lives. Which creates an even deeper problem because if a group all act the same way it leads them to think they are right, and their actions can spiral.

Sometimes you can have good reason for acting in a certain way to someone but when it's just because they happen to fit into a certain pre conceived stereotype I think that's bang out order!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckySlevin
    I don't think anyone has the right to judge another let alone actively discriminate against them which is something altogether more sinister.

Sometimes you can have good reason for acting in a certain way to someone but when it's just because they happen to fit into a certain pre conceived stereotype I think that's bang out order!
    Gotta disagree 100%. We are free & individual. And it's perfectly normal human nature to judge. To be cow towed into saying/thinking a certain way for PC reasons is wrong. I may not agree with what a person thinks, believes or acts but I will defend to the hilt their right to feel that way.

Here is a fact that is usually overlooked. It's a fact and there's nothing you can do about it (save go genocidal) "whatever anyone thinks about you is none of your business".

Read it again. It's true. That girl you tried chatting up thinks you're a dick, boring, ugly, immature, too old, not hip enough, whatever. It's her opinion and she's entitled to it. And you have no right to get her to change her mind. You can't argue with her that she's wrong and demand a rethink. It can seem harsh and unforgiving. But it's true.

And the same goes for anything: a job interview, guys at college, people you meet at work. Man, woman, boy. child. It's all none of your goddamn business. The only way you can hope to affect is to come across in a better way. It's up to you to change - not the person who is judging you.

That truth can be amended so it isn't just about you: "whatever someone thinks is none of your business". So they are slightly to the right of Genghis Khan? That's their choice. Their advocate the cessation of abortion. The want the death penalty for fat people. It's their fucking choice and they have every right to espouse it and to say what they believe.

No one should have to be forced to like people they don't. And, funnily enough, they will openly choose to remove themselves from interaction with people they don't like and who they judge in a negative fashion. Because we gravitate to those we do like. And so you end up with a harmonious balance. Lumping all together in some half arsed Utopian vision causes friction because people are out of their comfort zone. They are subjugated into accepting a way of life they don't want or agree with.

And it's also human nature to have identity. Who came up with the terms "queer", "gay", "queen" and "fag" for homosexuals? The gay community! And they revel in them! The very terms that non gays see as offensive. Ironic, huh? People want to be different which is something that idiot think tanks in my country are only just grasping (yet still too dogmatic to accept). they've been pushing multi culturalism - thinking it makes them look good and equality for all. But by removing any semblance of identity, or freedom to speak out, they have only served to foster antagonism and the very thing they wanted to avoid: extremism. Muslim terror groups and white neo Nazi nationals.

And ordinary men and women, who feel marginalised, feel they have to vote for such political parties because the main contenders are too busy trying to be hip and "out there" and grabbing what they see to be headlines for humanitarian issues. Then the BNP wins X of seats at the local elections and all these politicians wonder what the fuck just happened.

In the early 90's, it was frowned upon to call black people black (as usual, this was decided by middle class white people) and terms like "afro caribbean" came into popular parlance. Even worse, there were examples where colour wasn't discussed at all. So a policeman would have to say "we're looking for a man, in his late 20's, wearing jeans"- omitting details such as the colour of his skin, the style of clothes he wore and even the colour of those clothes. Well, guess what? The black community rebelled and saw it as patronising. They wanted their identity. They wanted to be called black. And they've come up with their own lingo. Just like any group does, be they black, white, rappers, rockers or vegetarians.

So guess what? "Black" is now back in circulation. "Black man wanted for burglary", "leading to the growth of the black community in London", "black people feel marginalised", "white, working class people in the north" etc are all around on TV and in the news. And no one bats an eye lid. Funny - I was doing this 15 years ago - when it was supposedly racist.

If you hate gays, chinks, wops, blacks, leopards, trees or whatever then it is your right and you should feel free to say so. Others will judge you accordingly, however that will be, and react accordingly. And that will be a fair and fitting commentary.

On a social level, especially for those who champion diversity and equality, it's better to be aware of where people stand on issues rather than have them say one thing in public but think/act another in private.

I have my likes and dislikes and I won't stand for anyone telling me I'm wrong or I can't say this or that. I worked with a woman who was a total killjoy. Anything even remotely sexual was jumped on. Anything poking fun at stereotypes was racist. And all the best comedy pokes fun at someone. Incredulously, she jumped on us when we poked fun at our own demographic! We were accused of being racist........against ourselves!

Now that is an extreme example but the point remains, no one has the right to tell you what to say or think. And any motion to do, whilst encouraging another perspective (socially acceptable or not) is both wrong and hypocritical.
    MUST BE Ku Klux Klan
    It's one thing to not like someone, but it's another to actively discriminate and act with prejudice against them, and I think that's what the OP meant IMO!
    lol did you actually think i was being serious in the slightest bit? while the facts are true (i do have a black dog named bandit), it was an attempt to mock people that whine about racism.

Whether that's on the grounds of an inherent cultural issue, race, religion, or sexuality shouldn't really matter I don't think. These are all very personal areas of someones life and I don't think anyone has the right to judge another let alone actively discriminate against them which is something altogether more sinister.
    thank you thought police, i happen to think everyone has the right to be as racist or judgmental as they damn well please. i'm not saying that i condone it, but it is 100% their right to think and feel that way.
    Whether that's on the grounds of an inherent cultural issue, race, religion, or sexuality shouldn't really matter I don't think. These are all very personal areas of someones life and I don't think anyone has the right to judge another let alone actively discriminate against them which is something altogether more sinister.
    thank you thought police, i happen to think everyone has the right to be as racist or judgmental as they damn well please. i'm not saying that i condone it, but it is 100% their right to think and feel that way.
    Someone in the community agrees with me. Isn't that against FTR rules? Whatever next?
    Thunder, do you have a lot of free time on your hand?
    LOL OPERATIONS