Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default Run it up !

Ok I have tried this before and ended up not updating it often enough to be of good use . I wanna use this thread to track my progress as well as get some random thoughts (including bitching be warned ) out at the end of the day . Basically most days I play cash game sessions early in the day and then mtts during the mid (when bovada has a couple high value mtts) and maybe play cash later after the mtt session . So with that in mind lets get this started !!

Stakes
    Mtts - $5-$25
    Cash- $50nl and $100nl
    Last edited by sah_24; 03-17-2014 at 02:45 AM.
    Sunday 3/16/14
    BR - $2,086

Well since its a sunday , I played mtts all day today started around 1pm my time and finished about 10 hours later at 11:30 or so . The day went pretty shitty early on where i took a sick beat on the $ bubble of a 22$ 10k QQ < 99 guy iso 3bet shoves over my raise of limpers for like 18 effective and just spikes the 9 in the door . I was able to accumulate some chips in the $5 10k and the 11$ 8k (I final tabled this mtt yesterday also got 6th AJ < K5 aipf) and even though I fell short in the $5 (50th or so), I was able to carry the 11$ stack to the FT . A scary moment on the bubble before we reached it , I picked up aces with about 11bbs (lucky me ) and jammed over a CO raise , he snapped Ad10x and the flop was so so scary 10d 9d 2d and I held my breath and faded it ! Whew ! The FT I was able to pick off a couple 3x folds from a weaker player when i picked up decent hands to reshove with , and then ... sigh run KK < AA for heaps . That crippled me with 7 left , I had about 6 bbs left and decided to stick it in vs the big stack on my bb wit the k3cc and big stack had Ax4c just for fun Bovada kicked me in the nuts again flop 5c 6c 7c , well thats a pretty good flop , turn 8c and gg .

Overall I was able to make 3 deep runs in mtts with over 1.5k up top in each so I am happy with my play just hope to get a lil luckier at the end of one of these . It is currently 1 am and I don't think I have the right mindset to play some more cash games today , so thats about it for today . GOOD THING THERE IS MORE POKER TO BE PLAYED TOMMOROW !

Days profit- $293
    BR - $2,379
    Last edited by sah_24; 03-17-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    Here is one of those fun garffs this goes back to like November I think when I finally decided to start keeping better track of my progress . Started at 5nl been up to 100nl with pretty aggro BR management .

http://gyazo.com/5a7c5ee773ee5ee17b81018d777fa68d
    Nice good job man, nice graph. Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    this goes back to like November...
    Started at 5nl been up to 100nl with pretty aggro BR management .
    nice work
    take some tourneys down imo
    Monday 3/17/14
    BR- $2,379

Well today I had to run some errands and did not have a lot of time for the pokerz . I was able to get back home in time to catch the 2 later value mtts on Bovada but could not get anything going in either one . The good news though is Bovada is running another monthly promo that gives a small bit of bonuses for clearing certain poker points goals per week . I was able to reach the max goal last week and collect a measly $30 but hey any form of rakeback is better than 0 lol . Played a small amount of cash after the mtt session and ended up winning my losses from the mtts back . So slight win on the day overall . More poker to come tommorow.

Days profit- (+$29)
    BR - $2,408
    Tuesday 3/18/14
    BR- $2,408

Well today just went super shitty overall , nothing went right in mtts and kept taking 2 outers in cash as well . I ended up playing a pretty long late night session just 2 tabling watching old WPT episodes and was able to claw a little bit back . I have been running god awful in the big pots at $100nl , but I have been able to maintain my head through most of it and continue playing well (besides berating fish which I know is bad but have not broke this bad habit yet). No big hands or pots of significance that stick out so on to tommorow I guess .

Days profit - (-$114)
    BR - $2,294
    Tuesday 3/19/14
    BR- $2,294

The sessions I put in today were pretty weak . I did not play very well in the mtts I played and I also got tilted in my early cash session and had to quit . This caused me to not get very many hands in , and even when I did play I did not play very well at all . There is an AJcc hand that I played so so badly today , as soon as the hh can be collected from Bovada I will post the hand on FTR . I allowed my tilt and somewhat run bad lately effect my decision making and played the hand like a puss ! I need to work on my consistency in each session ! With the NCAA tourney starting tommorow I don't expect a lot of hands in the coming days , as I like to enjoy the first 2 days of the tourney . I plan to take it easy and maybe just play a couple mtts or 1 or 2 table while watching some games . BRING ON THE MADNESS !

Days profit - (-$71)
    BR - $2,223
    Like Griffey said, nice graph. Hope it keeps going up. I'll keep stopping by and rooting for you. I know for me, I like to have
    small amounts I lose on my losing days, and higher amounts I win landing on my winning days. Good you pulled back from playing when you felt on tilt. Some days you can feel it is ready to hand you a losing day, so it is best not to be in the seat that day.
    It takes 2 years to learn to talk, but a lifetime to learn when to shut up.
    Tuesday 3/20/14
    BR- $2,223

Today was a fun day overall , I got to watch a bunch of good basketball games . I think 4 of them went into overtime , made for a good entertainment day even though my bracket took it on the chin ! LOL what else is new on that note though . I played a small amount of poker today about 3 mtts and cashed in the bovada 11$ 10k , was not able to get anything rolling once ITM though . I also played a small amount of cash games , and I think I played pretty well overall . The last session I was able to pull ahead for the day and give me little confidence going into tommorow . See yall tommorow for more poker and march madness !

Days profit - (+$150)
    BR - $2,373
    Friday 3/21/14
    BR- $2,373

Day started off good with a winning cash game session (short) after I got up and took a jog . It is so awesome to have the weather finally start to turn around (I hate winter!) , might have another small cold spree coming next week though yuck ! After the cash games I played about 5 mtts of the better mtts on Brovada , I was able to cash in 3 of the 5 but could not pick up any chips to make any deep runs (come on flips !) . After the dissapointing mtt finishes , I decided to grind some more cash because the games are usually pretty good on a friday night . It went pretty well overall , even though I still feel I am playing too tight in some spots and letting the bigger limit effect the lines I take . I will be doing some review of my last 1k hands at 100NL and try to fix some of the leaks I feel lately . Went ahead and took pretty much the whole saturday off , so next entry will be after a full schedule of donkaments on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY ! See yall tommorow !

Days profit - (+$174)
    BR - $2,547
    Sunday 3/23/14 - 3/26/14
    BR- $2,547

So I took a day off on saturday , then got caught up in playing and running around this week and totally spaced on updating this thing . Sunday pretty much sucked , followed by the next day also sucking . . . This caused me to take it pretty easy and pretty much play more video games and watch more documentaries than play poker over the next few days . I like to take it easy and step back a bit when I feel I am running kinda shitty . It seemed to work as today has been a small turnaround and has gotten me back to where I was on saturday . I got some confidence back and feel I played better overall today after reviewing some hands . Gonna keep pounding away at the soft 100NL FR games on brovada and the occasional mtts !

Days profit - (+18$)
    BR - $2,565
    3/26/14 - 3/28/14
    BR - $2,565

The last couple of days I have played less poker than I would have liked . Some of that is totally my fault just out of pure lazyness/running shitty I have found it hard to put in any decent sessions . Today I had to babysit my 7 month old niece which was nice , because I enjoy spending time with her and she is a pretty cool baby , I like kids as long as I don't have to keep them every day . I ended up getting some short cash game sessions in but pretty much did not make a pair all day lol (exaggerated obv but sure felt that way!) . I have a hard time putting in sessions where I just never make any hands and 4 tabling it can get boring at FR . I plan to put in some time this weekend after I run some errands tommorow , so I will be looking to turn this biatch around !

BR - $2,391
    Profit - (-$156)
    3/28/14 - 3/31/14
    BR - $2,391

Ok the end of this month has not gone exactly as planned . I think this month I played too many mtts which hurt my drive to play cash games after I would make a deep run and then bust . This in turn has hurt my overall volume and you see it in my results . Since the small stakes mtt series at bovada has ended , I think I am gonna get back to playing more cash games . New plan is to play cash games all week and then play mtts on sundays like I used to before I hit a little score at the end of February . I have made some deep runs lately in mtts but with no luck at the end and bovada structures don't leave much room for losing pots . Last night I got 31st in the 9k with like 2k up top but just lost coolers at the end . Overall I am happy with my game currently but I do believe a change in schedule will benefit my BR . Time to get back to running it up not the other direction ! BRING ON APRIL !

BR - $2,283
    profit - (-$108)
    March total - (+$349)
    Good luck man, keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Z
    I'm a couple hands down and I'm tryin' to get back
    I gave the other grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
    4/1/14 - 4/2/14
    BR - $2,283

Thanks griffey ! Since I began my new strat this month of just grinding the cash games during the week , I have started the month off well by stringing together a couple of winning days . Ive been getting about 3 to 4 two hour sessions in each day . With this strat I am getting somewhere between 1k-2k hands a day , sometimes the play is slower than other days so it can tend to vary quite a bit (FU 30 sec timebanks each time lol) . I hope to keep this up and continue to get decent volume in for the rest of the month . The games on bovada are still incredibly soft , still so much limping on every table ! I just need to stay focused and grind through the variance and keep putting in the time ! I also need to review some more hands as I have gotten a lil lazy in this aspect . I think at some point I might pay someone to look over my database and help me find stuff to work on . On to the rest of a kickass Aril gl all and see ya around !

BR- $2,558
    Profit - (+$275)
    4/2/14-4/13/14
    BR- $2,558

Damn been a while since my last update . I got caught up in some IRL stuff with the family lately , and I have been lazy on the volume this month . Also been lazy on updating this puppy . Well the week or so have had some ups and downs , and some close calls . On monday I think of this week I got incredibly lucky and won a random contest bovada had on facebook , and won a $450 ticket to their BDPO 300k guarantee main event for today . I had a few decent winning sessions at 100NL so i figured coming into this weekend I would take some shots and played quite a few mtts , saturday I made some deep runs but came up short with a couple top 40 finishes . Then comes the big sunday , I played a pretty full schedule but stopped registering after the 300k started , to focus . I chipped up a bit early on but kinda had a dead zone for a bit , then I flatted a raise from a fish wit JJ and a shorty wit like 15 bigs shoved after another guy had flatted in between , folded back to me and I called he had the QQ and I was down to just over half a stack . I made a couple shoves that didnt get called and then the same fish opens and I pick up Aqo I shove and get called behind by JJ get lucky and win a flip and am back in the game . Then comes the questionable hand of the tourney lol , fish opens again in LP and I have As 4s in pos on the btn with like 35 bigs . I decided it was a good time to put in a 3bet and he called quickly , the flop came 5c7c7x and he checked to me , I cbet just under half the pot and he called quickly . At this point the villain had alot of chips and had been playing pretty eradically , so I decided with my tighter image that I was gonna put in another bet on the most turns , turn was the Jh villain checked and I bet again for half pot , villain called quickly . Now I am done with the hand pretty much river was Kc and villain insta shoved all in , pretty sure he had the club flush draw of some sort , hell if river is a brick I might win lol . After that hand I was short and made a couple shoves pre to chip up a lil and get to about 16 bigs , then I pick up AKo and a guy wit about 28 bigs opens in mid this is an easy shove so I shipped it in and he insta called the 44 for 60% of his stack and faded . Crushing my hopes and dreams ...

Meh at least there will be another one !
    BR- $2,608
    Profit - (+$50)
    4/13/14-4/17/14
    BR- $2,608

After sunday , I decided to give a bit of live poker a shot . I went to a local bar the has a $20 mtt with about 15-30 players depending on who all shows up , and then there is a $1/$1 cash game with no rake after people bust from the mtt . I played the tournament but could not win an all in late and ended up busting that . By this time there were 2 cash games running , one was better than the other but it was full so I just waited for about 30 mins and bsed with a friend . Finally someone busted from the good table and I was able to grab the seat .

The game was so so so soft with lots of monster raises with mediocre hands and everyone was playing pretty deep stacked . I had a slow start and lost like 30 or so , but I added on to be about 160 or so deep with most of the table covered . I flopped top pair wit kqs on qxx board and got 2 streets vs 2 opponents for a nice pot to get me rollin . Won a decent pot wit kk , then I flopped a set on 369 with a flush draw after limping behind and calling a raise, I chose to check raise the flop because the game was just really loose and I figured no flush draw is ever folding anyways . Turn was another 3 , at this point I was thinking about how to get stacks in , and may have made a mistake , I decided to make a smaller turn bet than I should have reflecting back . I got a call but pretty sure villain was on a draw as he folded to my just under pot sized river shove after hollywooding a bit . After this pot , I value towned an old fish that I had mouthed earlier in the night about something political lol , he ended up paying off 2 large streets with middle pair . After a shitty start to the night I ended up with a very good session , with a couple mistakes also !

The online game has been up and down , I am still playing too many donkaments when I should jut be grinding cash . But the games still seem pretty soft even though I have been having a bit of downer . I am gonna try and buckle down and actually start trying to get my sessions in like I was before this month . Overall I am still feeling pretty confident in my poker game and looking forward to turning around this month online .

Live - (+$350)
    Online profit - (-$106)
    BR- $2,502
    Last edited by sah_24; 04-18-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    I'm enjoying this Op. Thanks for the regular updates!
    Explain...what I do for a living without saying "I make monies in da 600 enels by pwnin' tha donk bitches". Instead I say "I'm a online financial redistribution broker". - Sasquach991
    4/17/14 - 4/28/14
    BR - $2,502

Been a while since I updated this , fell behind with some family drama happening and just getting caught up following the news lately . I have still had horrible volume this month ! This is a problem I have always struggled with , I will play heavily for 1 or 2 months in a row then after that I just hit a wall and lose all the motivation to start sessions . I always find something else to watch , read , or go do instead of starting a session . I need to come up with a better schedule and just try to hold myself to it as best as I can , this should be easier now that I mainly play cash games .

I had a pretty decent week or so at the tables . I had one of my biggest single sessions so far this year at cash , winning almost 5 buyins at 100nl . My sessions are relatively short so I don't often have sessions with swings this big either way . Overall I still feel I am playing pretty well , I have noticed that games are starting to slowly become tighter overall . Bovada continues to grow though so this is to be expected somewhat . I need to review some of my latest sessions so I can try to find spots to maybe up my aggression a little bit , especially around 3 betting . I need to learn to be a little more aggressive because I believe it will improve my winrate , even more so with the games becoming tighter and tighter .

I have continued to play in the bar poker games . Last week went pretty ok , I got HU in the tournament with an old doctor , and like 10 bb stacks effective lol . He had me outchipped by a bit and offered me 2 hilarious chops , $240 total in the prizepool , paying 60% 1st and 40% 2nd . The first one hes like ill just take 140 and you can have 100 ... I laugh and say no thanks I will gamble . I shove the button a couple times and get it back to about even , and he offers again him 130 me 110 , to which I reply umm it is like 20 bucks difference no thanks Ill just flip for it . He got visibly angry by this lol , then the blinds went up again and stacks got cut in half he shoved button I called off bb wit k3s and half my stack in , he had the ole A9 and held up. But then he goes all out and tries to cheat me of the payout lol , and hands me 80 bucks looooooooooool , so I break out the calculator on the phone and show him 40% of 240 is 96 not 80 and he grumbles and hands me a 20 ... so hilarious . Cash game after was about breakeven so profited a small amount . More of the lol live bar games tonight .

Live - (+$90)
    Online profit - (+$620)
    BR- $3,122
    4/28/14-4/30/14
    BR- $3,122

Ok well to finish of the month of April (lil late on this post!) , I did not play much . . . Lol my effort this month overall has been pretty awful. I need to do something soon to change this ! Nothing significant to talk about in the last days of the month happened so , totals incoming . . .

BR- $3,118
    Online profit - (-$4)
    April profit - (+$1275)

I would have a graph but my hhs got all messed up when my computer imploded and I lost about 15k hhs , which was sadly most of my volume if not all of it . . .
    5/1/14 - 5/4/14
    BR- $3,118

Well I have had a lot going on this month in personal life ; grandfather just found out he has lung cancer , a 24 year old friend of mine had a heart attack and died (drugs played somewhat of a role ) , and my uncle is getting a divorce from his wife of 25 years and got his 3rd DUI . . . For a close nit family this has been a pretty stressful couple of weeks . This has just caused me to be out of it as of late and not get a lot accomplished . I find myself just doing nothing , staring at the computer way too often and I don't even know why. I am gonna make an effort to start focusing more and trying to spend my time in a wiser fashion .

This week in poker even though slow, has been somewhat ok . I was able to win a seat to the bovada 100k through a very soft satty they run every saturday . I think I am gonna continue to try and satty in to that tournament as the field is really soft every week . I made a deep run in the big $11 they run every sunday this week , was able to weave through around 1600 people to get down to the last 70 or so but my QQ < JJ for a decent stack , was not a fun end to a Sunday . Overall I still feel good about my game , I just need to focus more on putting in the time and finding the desire to study and play more !

BR - $3,179
    Online profit - (+$61)

*I also had to make a withdrawal so my BR will be starting a little lower on Monday , I took out about $995. *