Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Tell me about Canada...

Default Tell me about Canada...

So right now im at school at Umass Amherst, but I'm considering either taking a semester off or transferring to Toronto. good call or bad news??
    I got more flava than fruitstripe gum
    three wrds trainer underscore jyms
    Toronto sucks balzzz

go to Montreal instead, Mcgill Univ. or Concordia Univ.
    Nine to five is how to survive - I ain't trying to survive / I'm trying to live it to the limit and love it a lot //

Can offer RB deals on most sites, PM me.
    three words: oooooooooooooh Party Poker
    they talk funny? like when they say "about" it sounds like "aboot" and stuff like that.

the beef isn't any good
    Toronto is awesome, there's something to do there every day. UofT is a great school and the parks (high park) are beautiful.
    I live beside High Park. Come check it out. If you like big city it's the bomb. Cleaner and a lot less crime than any of those American cities. And you can breath up here. I would recommend the east end though, it's nicer and "The Beaches" is the best place to live, you may never leave. Meet a Toronto girl and get full health care and poker is tax free. And hell yea, unless you love Bodog, no site is off limits.

Don't go to Montreal or anywhere Quebec, they speak mainly French. They actually have laws that prohibit English to be in larger writing than French on any sign, label or newsprint. Go there for a vacation the women are gorgeous.
    $CDN FTW

Oh yeah, and you get to double up on Thanksgiving (this weekend in Canada).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer_jyms
    I live beside High Park.
    Tj, that's where I used to go to score herbal remedies in my high school days. What's the neighborhood like these days? It was pretty rough back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpe
    $CDN FTW
    Man, when was the last time they could say that?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred
    $CDN FTW
    Man, when was the last time they could say that?
    When I was in high school

And I have to play poker in $US
    Don't go to Montreal or anywhere Quebec, they speak mainly French. They actually have laws that prohibit English to be in larger writing than French on any sign, label or newsprint. Go there for a vacation the women are gorgeous.
    Come on, that's such a lame, narrow-minded argument...Pretty much everybody speaks english, especially downtown, and it's a great student town.
    cold, snow, party poker, courtibee
    3 3 3 I'm only half evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhappy333
    cold, snow, party poker, courtibee
    Wait, party poker is a good thing. The rest most of us could do without.
    I live beside High Park.
    Tj, that's where I used to go to score herbal remedies in my high school days. What's the neighborhood like these days? It was pretty rough back then.
    The lakeshore strip is almost gone. All condos on the lake. Around the park is all new homes and stores. It's an expensive area now to live in, 5 mins from downtown. Still wouldn't spend too much time at night around Roncevales and Queen ( Where I live) still a few dregs and homeless, but the sex is still cheap and they get off your lawn by daybreak.
    Weed is prob better there.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    My gf just got a job offer in Toronto, there's a good chance we'll be moving there in April. I've been a few times and always liked it. Gonna be a big change from Seattle though. And the weed won't compare, but I'm sure it will be fine.
    omg a Zook heater thread on PartyPoker, that's going to be sick yo
    lol, my thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by zook
    My gf just got a job offer in Toronto, there's a good chance we'll be moving there in April. I've been a few times and always liked it. Gonna be a big change from Seattle though. And the weed won't compare, but I'm sure it will be fine.
    Zook, I don't smoke, but I can tell you this. We get our weed from Canada, same as you. Where do you think Vancouver is?
    If Toronto's comes from BC, then awesome. But there's plenty of great stuff here than doesn't come from across the border
    go blue jays lololol
    LOL OPERATIONS
    Vancouver>Montreal>...>Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by JJDAMAN
    Vancouver>Montreal>...>Toronto
    I agree unfortunately.

But you can't really put any other Canadian cities in the ...
    Toronto would be a nice place to go to school. Living here is okay, not great but coming here for a short time would be fun.

I live beside High Park.
    Damn, my (way) old neighbourhood. I was born and most of my family live in the Swansea area.
    $CDN FTW

Oh yeah, and you get to double up on Thanksgiving (this weekend in Canada).
    Two Thanksgivings? Could this be the solution to all that ails this World? The idea is so beautiful, I'm going to cry.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by zook
    If Toronto's comes from BC, then awesome. But there's plenty of great stuff here than doesn't come from across the border
    I'm down in Tacoma (thats about 30-45 minutes south of Seattle for you "outsiders"), and the local stuff I get is nearly ALWAYS better than the BC that we get.

I'm not saying it's better than what is available *IN* BC, but I never figured their best was sent down here, but rather the mass produced money-making stuff. It's always a let down when I'm stuck with the BC that we have available here.
    Fuck the east coast dude, come to BC. Move to Kelowna and hang out with me and turn me into your poker prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by sauce123
    I don't get why you insist on stacking off with like jack high all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
    Why poker fucks with our heads: it's the master that beats you for bringing in the paper, then gives you a milkbone for peeing on the carpet.

blog: http://donkeybrainspoker.com/

Watch me stream $200 hyper HU and $100 Spins on Twitch!