Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

[Help Me Test This] Hand History Review Script

Thumbs up [Help Me Test This] Hand History Review Script

Hey guys and girls. I'd like to have the ability to do hand history analysis sessions where everybody contributes their thoughts on a hand history before they are able to see each other's replies. I feel like this could do people a lot of good who want to do in-depth analysis without being spoiled by what other people have had to say. To facilitate that, we now have a test run of the FTR Hand History Study Form.

Here's how this works. We'll post a hand history with a number that's the Hand History ID for that hand. When you submit your analysis to this form, you'll need to put in that hand history ID, your username and your analysis of the hand. It's pretty straight-forward. If people start abusing this, then I'll have to add a captcha, but I haven't for the time being.

To make sure this is working like it should be, and to give people an idea of what to expect, I have picked a hand history for players to do analysis with using this form. Make sure to use the hand history ID that I have given below, and do not copy and paste the hand history itself in with your analysis.

Hand History ID: 100

Quote Originally Posted by daven View Post
    first limper is heavy loser mostly at stakes 25nl and 50nl. 48-20-1, station post-flop, doesn't raise postflop pretty much ever without percieved nut hands
    second limper is unknown shaping up 56-11 over 9
    sb is tight-ish unknown
    bb is 17-12-5, doesn't squeeze from the blinds - his blind 3bets are usually in response to co and bu steals.

iso seems pretty standard with the button - thoughts?
    flop?
    get it in on the turn (note villain;s stack size)?

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
    8 Players
    Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
    UTG ($29.90) 120bb
    UTG+1 ($34.45) 138bb
    MP1 ($31.45) 126bb
    MP2 ($12.75) 51bb
    CO ($25) 100bb
    daven (BTN) ($25) 100bb
    SB ($24.50) 98bb
    BB ($35.65) 143bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 8 players) daven is BTN
    2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, 1 fold, daven raises to $1.35, 2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.10

Flop: ($3.30, 2 players)
    MP2 checks, daven bets $1.80, MP2 calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.90, 2 players)
    MP2 bets $6.90, be jammin'?
    Thank you to everyone who helped with me testing this. I was able to use this test to fix a couple of things that could have caused problems in the future. The following is the analysis that was submitted:

Quote Originally Posted by spoonitnow
    I think that betting the flop is a mistake. If we were out of position, then it would make more sense, but the value of checking here is pretty high with us having so many outs and with him leaning towards being a calling station.

I would say that the turn is likely a fold with larger stacks (like if Villain was 100bb deep to start), but I think calling is probably better than shoving since we get him to commit with a slightly weaker range I think.

It's worth noting that I don't expect for us to have an equity advantage after he makes the turn bet. The point is that he's a loose/passive and he just made a pot-sized bet on a turn that completed some draws and gave him a lot of two pair type hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes
    jam, gl.

villain too short to do anything else and folding is out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by keith
    with .85 already in the pot is the iso size a bit small. is $1.50 better especially againsty stationy type players.Take advantage of themat least wanting to see a pot.

station check calling , then leading pot looks like he hit a big hand and AK is less likely, and K9,89 or two pair look probably hands. i think fold as not enough behind him to pay to chase an Ace and when we hit it a % of the time we're probably chopping
    Quote Originally Posted by daven
    test - raise more pre ya mug, and do you have a plan when you cbet? what ya gonna do vs heat from the shortie?
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga
    I don't think this is a bluff on the turn. This turn card helped villain a lot more than us, I think. I expect villain's range to be something like QT QJ K9 89. I don't even think he plays 66 or JT like this, I mean why flat flop and then pot turn? Why not just raise flop if you're gonna be aggro?

I think it's a turn fold. We could be drawing just to chop, we're unlikely to get paid off if we do take the lead on the river, and our relative showdown value is hopeful at best.

This looks great at a glance but I think it's a horrible spot.
    Last edited by spoonitnow; 09-12-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    If you have a hand that you would like to add for this type of analysis, send me a PM with the converted HH and your reads/notes/etc and I will set it up.