Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

Help please!

Default Help please!

Hi guys!

Need help! Basically I have been reading john littles secrets of professional tournament poker and have learned quit a lot however where're I get to the table I seem to forget all basic game knowledge ( players range, bet sizing etc.. ) i have only been playing for short time, do you think it's excitement ? I also get frustrated with players who I'm with, they constantly show each other hands and show what they had or question what you had. ( it's a £5+2 )

Please help

Thanks Nick
    Turn chat option off if it bothers you also if they are showing hands use it to your advantage, you could learn a lot about their play by noting the hands they are showing and also the position they are playing them from.

What type of game are you playing? MTT, SNG?
    It's a live tournament poker league style ! And I do but still every time I'm in a hand I feel like I'm in auto pilot after the hand I hit myself like why do that? Lol
    Make it an exercise to take a deep breath and examine multiple choices before you act.

Pre-plan what you want to do on later decisions given certain assumptions.

Always re-evaluate your plan, even what what you assumed might happen happens.
    I am new in poker too. But i realize that you play more and more , I mean the practice you will be more confident.
    take a deep breath and play everything learned.
    Play strong hands agrressively and fold weak hands. If your playing live pokers add some drama. If you got the nuts pretend you don't know what to do.... then raise. I also suggest you read your book again.
    Oh before I forget, listen to what the moderators have to say. I've followed a lot of their advice since I've started and I feel my game is so much better.