Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Blogs and Operations

From Zero to Hero???

Default From Zero to Hero???

So here I was, gettin comfortable at 100NL on stars as a US player and then....? What? Black Friday?? Yeah....at least I got my 4800$ roll back. I really hope the best for every other non stars player gettin theirs.

So post black friday, I needed my poker fix. There were a few poker rooms still allowing US players (why? anybody know?). Tried a few and now I'm trying to freeroll a legit roll. Had issues depositing with a few so fuck it and freeroll.

Played a 15$ freeroll today and cashed for .09c woooo!!. Later I entered a .01c tourney + a .01c addon and won it for .70c, woo again! Played an .10+.01c DON SNG and busted meh. Current roll = 0.66c.

So can I build a roll from that?? I dunno maybe. I'm gonna try anyways. Freeroll tourneys run like every half hour or so. Payouts are pretty pathetic. The site I'm at has pathetic traffic aswell, but at least the freerolls have fewer players and finish sooner. I do have rakeback tho, which is great assuming I can play anything that pays rake.

So, gameplan? I am going to keep playing the freerolls, keep playing the .01c tourneys when they are available, and while the roll is limited probably the .10c DON SNGs. If I can get that roll up to like 4 or 5$, I will move on to the .20c SNGs, etc etc....? The lowest cash table is .01/.02c. I would think I'd need at least 15-20 BU's to fuck with that. The SNG's are hella micro tho so we could potentally build up. Haha doin it jesus fergy style maybe.

Play money just seems retarded coming off of 100NL. Could be fun building a roll from absolutly nothing. Our ski resort closed the 24th (with fucking way too much snow to be closed), I just finished my last day of work for almost a month yesterday, the wifey is out of town for another week, my friend is borrowing my car cuz hers died.........so I have NOTHING to do for almost a month. This could be a fun little side project. I will try to update every day I play. http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...nl-175750.html My old blog.
    first. and epic idea. i'll be followin'
    GL. I'll def be following, also.

Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i'll never understand how anyone can go through life being sober.
    Sweet man GL. Black Friday took the wind out of my sails. I'm just sitting back hoping that something good comes of it (like pre UIGEA). One can hope.
    cool, ill follow.
    this is how i built my initial roll on stars.
    definately doable.

what site are you grinding?

no pressure, no diamonds
    Stolen thread title imo.

I'm doing basically the same thing on a couple of sites. Problem is there aren't enough freerolls at a time I can play to make it worth while. If I hit on a few I'll get more serious about it and grind some nanosngs too.

Also built my first roll on stars this way. Was up to $25 until I had my first lesson in bankroll management and busto.

Gl, hopefully sooner than later we'll get the right to play back and get to grind for real.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    gl sir. defintely doable.. I'm not sure where you'd stand with pstars but i'm pretty sure funchips are worth about $4/million depending where you go and current demand.. guess it would depend where you stand as far as getting the dollars off pstars as I assume you get paid via player transfer.
    Just finished my last freeroll of the day in 2nd place for .036c. Roll=0.91$.

Frustrating day to say the least. Ran like sh!t in allins mostly the DON's. I think I played 19 tourneys today?? My HUD works but PT doesnt display my results properly. But maybe it just doesnt work for buyins so low. I think I broke even at the DON's today, maybe down a couple of BI's. I really dont like them...Read through the SNG DON guides today. Gotta change my style a bit, I'm used to regular SNGs, but man these just suck (imo).

Anyways, finished the day with a slightly larger "roll". Man I hope I can get back to the cash games soon. Tourneys are soo fucking tilting.

Stolen thread title imo.
    Heh yeah im sure it is, but the old ones probly dead . The site im at will be my little secret for now.
    Oh wow, definitely an epic task! Best of luck!!
    would rather deposit money on site. why not just do it?
    I would rather poker was legal, my roll was still on stars and I was still grinding but.......
    Sighhh. This is soo stupid but it's all I got for now. Up and down, up and down. Nothing interesting to report. Roll = .069$.
    I tried playing playmoney on stars and it drove me bat-shit crazy so I deposited $100 with no problem on Bodog and I'm playing 5NL. The minimum deposit on Bodog was $100.

GL with this but I couldn't do it.
    "Just cause I'm from the South don't mean I ain't got no book learnin'"

Quote Originally Posted by a500lbgorilla View Post
    ...we've all learned long ago how to share the truth without actually having the truth.
    Yo squatch. Ya batshit crazy indeed. Roll=55c. Working on getting something on some site. They are all still giving me shit with visa deposits. I dunno haven't played much the last few days but will continue unless I can get some cash on somewhere.
    rags to riches!! lets goooooooooo
    woo! ship the 14c rakeback!
    3rd in a penny tourny for 50c roll=1.23$$ uh oh entering the single digits-what?
    played underolled like and idiot (which i have been doing most of this op but....) took my whoppping 1$ to a 2nl table. Down to 30c or so but scraped it back to bout 1.30 or so and bailed. Roll = 1.58$

man never play underrolled. fortunately this roll is like ALMOST play money. i should take a bit more seriously but....well cmon you know. anyways, i am going to try not to repeat todays mistake turned win again (maybe...no dont...but maybe....no dont stupid....ok.....but maybe...??).
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselT View Post
    played underolled like and idiot (which i have been doing most of this op but....) took my whoppping 1$ to a 2nl table. Down to 30c or so but scraped it back to bout 1.30 or so and bailed. Roll = 1.58$

man never play underrolled. fortunately this roll is like ALMOST play money. i should take a bit more seriously but....well cmon you know. anyways, i am going to try not to repeat todays mistake turned win again (maybe...no dont...but maybe....no dont stupid....ok.....but maybe...??).
    Yeah, I would wait until you have 5+ buyins for 2NL before moving to cash.
    you could shortstack 2nl when you get to like $5 or 6. i imagine it would be easier $$ than grinding <$1 buy-in SnG's. especially for a cash player. probably lower variance too (though you are obviously under-rolled to play 2nl)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    you could shortstack 2nl when you get to like $5 or 6. i imagine it would be easier $$ than grinding <$1 buy-in SnG's. especially for a cash player. probably lower variance too (though you are obviously under-rolled to play 2nl)
    Nah, you need more like 20$, been there done that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us\

So today I managed to deposit 100$ thanks to western union. Today was first day back at cash tables 4NL. Went well I guess. As far as freerollin, busted out of multiple .01c/.06c/.011c. tournies for a grand total of .07c roll left. Got a rakeback payment coming so should up that but.......WHO GIVES A FUCK. Sorry to disappoint anybody who followed this. I had hoped I could do it too. But really fuck it at this point. I think it can be done, kinda woulda like to have proved it could be. But damn it would take a fuck load of time and patience to do so. The tourney structure where I was at was horrible, im amazed I cashed at all. Anyways, fuck it. Sooo I got a 100+ roll now. Gonna rebuild it if can, cashouts might be sketchy as hell but im just happy to be playin cash again sooooooo....whatever.

Oh and special thanks to RPM, dude is cool shit and he knows why ;P.
    oh and END OP!!
    Hey! So I know I was going to let this die but...I scored a 44$ win a few weeks back. Got an email about some promotional celebration something or other tourneys so I popped in for a few. I think it was like a pokerpoint buyin which I had a few of from those donk and go's. 1st out of 52 players, winner takes all. I'm way busy at work these days but I play when I can.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So after 5k hands of 2NL and some RB roll went from .09c -> 44$ -> 101.68$ currently. 4NL at 120$ is the plan. So kids, it's not a baller roll but its a roll. FROM NOTHING! From Zero to....something. Might update again the move from 4NL to 10NL. Dunno.
    Hey! Long time, no update. So the roll is up to 300$ as of today.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the total hands I've played since binking that 44$ freeroll. Makes me sad compared to what Daven did in August (that sicko). Work has finally slowed down and I'll be off for about a month so I can play a bit more now.

I was at about 216$ earlier this week and was starting to mix in 10NL a bit. Had a tourney day. Final tabled a couple for a few little cashes, like 60$ish. Broke 300$ playing cash today. Probly gonna be playing mostly 10NL for the time being. May start lurking 20NL and sitting when I find a decent table. I'm trying to be a bit looser with my BRM this time around. On stars coming up I was on a strict 40BI move up 10BI move down. Now that I have a bit more experience at all of these stakes I can take that down a bit (although im still hella careful).

Summer sucked. I worked a lot. Didn't do much else. I played pretty horribly when I did play. Went to a physical therapist, guess I got Patellar Tendonitis (jumpers knee) in my right knee from snowboarding. Been doing a lot of rehab on that because I only have a few more weeks till I might be riding again.

So current plans are just to keep puttin in hands a moving up as quickly as possible for the next month or two.

0-300$
    I guess I should add that during my horrible play over the summer I donked off most of my roll at merge. Lowest was probly about 40$ish. So during september I spent half of my grind time rebuilding it. Played like 30k hands in sept about half and half at both sites. Merge roll is back in the black but I did see an article about the DOJ coming after them soon also so....dunno if I'm going to bother with that much. I dunno. I really just need to get my mind back on the grind.
    Springtime jibbin.
    View My Video