Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!

Default More spew.

Villain seems like an alright regular. I just called preflop because he had been folding to my 3-bets and I wanted to play this hand against him with position. On the flop I raise for value with my overpair, but get 3-bet. Since my flop raise on this board looks sort of suspect, I thought he might 3-bet with overpairs or even air, so I pushed for value or to get him to get him to fold a higher overpair. Anyways, this is spew, right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($50.80)
    BB ($99.20)
    UTG ($284.90)
    Hero ($233.60)
    Button ($180.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T, T.
    UTG raises to $6, Hero calls $6, 3 folds.

Flop: ($15) 4, 9, 6 (2 players)
    UTG bets $10, Hero raises to $26, UTG raises to $60, Hero raises to $227.6
    The problem with pushing all-in is that if he's playing back you've just made the ultimate tripple dog dare. If you ran into a hand, he's looking you up. I think the level of distrust is high enough in that game where QQ+ is never folding. Maybe JJ folds.
    hmmm, its probably better to call this flop even with an aggressive image
    yeah just call flop. think of his utg range theres not a lot of hands that can call a flop raise here that are worse than yours. and hes never folding an overpair now.
    I don't hate the flop raise. There is some value and good relationship building by raising here. He just really stuck it to you with the 3-ball. At that point I think calling 3-ball intending to put the rest in on the turn is a better line than just sticking it in as a lot of people can't put on the breaks after putting that much money into the pot. Of course, we could just give him credit for a better hand and fold to the 3-ball...
    Fnord said all I wanted to say
    I just fold to the threebet.
    Check out the new blog!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan
    I just fold to the threebet.
    i agree. hes not folding JJ+ at this point probably. he also has sets in his range lets not forget. i know its unlikely, but still you cant rule them out.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me.