Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

LOLUSC

Default LOLUSC

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    They will, and should, go to the championship game anyway if they win out. This is still awesome though, Cal will be ranked #1.
    LSU comin back yo...

Also, the Ohio St. looks pretty darn good
    OSU hasn't played anyone, it kills me to admit it as a Purdue fan but Purdue isn't that good at all. That being said I trust the computer rankings above all else so we'll see whether Cal or OSU gets ranked higher by them.
    they were 41 pt favorites wow
    bigger upset?

USC/Stanford
    Mich/AppSt
    mich/app st. no contest.

anyone who loses to a piece 'o shit team will not play in the title game. period. BCS is just set up that way.
    LHE is a game where your skill keeps you breakeven until you hit your rush of random BS.

Nothing beats flopping quads while dropping a duece!
    Must agree with choppa
    asdfjklsadfjklsdafjkl LSU won by going for it on 4th down three times in the 4th quarter, I want to have Les Miles's babies

I've been saying forever and ever that more coaches need to do this instead of blindly following conventional wisdom
    Choppa Style Chop Chop Choppa Style
    Choppa Style Chop Chop
    She want chop chop
    She want chop chop
    She love chop chop
    She love chop chop

Who they want??
    Choppa Style Chop Chop Choppa Style
    Choppa Style Chop Chop
    She want chop chop
    She love chop chop
    She want chop chop
    She love chop chop
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    anyone who loses to a piece 'o shit team will not play in the title game. period. BCS is just set up that way.
    I agree with you after thinking about it some more. USC struggled against some other crap teams too. They should be ranked somewhere around 20th.
    Stanford <<<<< Appalachian State. This should be bigger.
    lol. i was at the OSU/Purdue game and the OSU section around me was more concerned about the outcome of Stanford/USC and LSU/Florida than the second half of our own game.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    KANSAS
    The Hokies played ridiculous on two sides of the ball last night!

Though, we have the worst offense I've ever seen (because of the worse 0-line I've ever seen.) and it was against an ACC opponent. Stupid LSU and their stupid ultra-talented and well coached team.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    I don't get how Chopper and kmind can say App. St. is "no contest" the bigger upset. If I had to pick one, I would probably say App St but not by much. You can make a good case for Stanford being bigger.

App St. played Michigan the first game of the season. The earlier in the season a game is played, the higher chance of a team not being in sync yet. USC played Stanford after USC had won at Nebraska and had beaten two not good but respectable teams in Washington and Washington St.

App St. won the national championship in their division the past two years. Last year Stanford went 1-11.

Michigan was favored by 23 points. USC was favored by 41

USC had a 35 game home winning streak.

USC is a better team than Michigan.

I actually just convinced myself that Stanford over USC was a bigger upset. The only reason people say App St was a bigger upset is the fact that they are in a lower division when they could probably beat most division 1-A teams because of their speed at key positions.
    you see who App ST lost to the other week, I mean I can't even remember the teams name.

Does that taint the win even more and make it an even bigger upset?
    They are both really bad. But saying App. St. is much worse is not true IMO

It's definately debatable is what I'm saying.
    What would be a bigger upset if next week:
    Jets beat the Cowboys
    or
    LSU beat the Jaguars

I dont think the majority of College Football fans even considered App. State a real football team. Whereas people at least considered Stanford really shitty, but nonetheless part of the big boys.
    Yeah, it's different in the NFL though since there's only 32 teams instead of 119. Jets over Cowboys wouldn't even be that big of an upset. You're not going to have an NFL game where one team is a 41 point favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBobAA
    Yeah, it's different in the NFL though since there's only 32 teams instead of 119. Jets over Cowboys wouldn't even be that big of an upset. You're not going to have an NFL game where one team is a 41 point favorite.
    While I agree that there is much more parity in college football, part of the reason for those huge spreads is that college teams have to impress the computers by running up the score. If NFL teams had to do that, you would certainly see bigger spreads.
    <SrslySirius> Hal Lubarsky, my nemesis.
    <SaltLick> are you seriously losing to a blind guy