Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

Tasty Alcoholic Beverages You Made Up All On Your Own

Default Tasty Alcoholic Beverages You Made Up All On Your Own

OK, I accept if it was a collaboration with friends, but nothing you had made for you by a bartender on the job. IF the bartender is your friend (as in, you spend time together outside the bar/pub), and you were there when the drink was first concocted, then you can take credit here.

This is not a thread of drinks a bartender should know how to make. This is a thread for what you like to make yourself, and that you made up yourself.

Orange Dreamsickle (bonfire bugjuice)
    1 gallon of orange juice
    1 bottle of vanilla flavored vodka (cheap)
    1 quart container (optional)
    Fill the quart container with OJ and set aside. Pour entire bottle of vodka into the gallon. Shake and pass around.

Baby Guinness
    1 oz. Kahlua
    1/2 oz. Irish Cream
    Pour Kahlua into a shot glass ~2/3's full. VERY GENTLY pour Irish Cream so that it floats on top of the Kahlua. If you do this right, it will look like a tiny glass of Guinness.
    You invented Baby Guinness?
    Beer slushie: leave beer in freezer for too long, but not so long that u can't get it out. Pour into glass. Drink.
    The Gitter.

Gin and Bitter.

Needs must when there is fk all else to drink.
    Normski
    ps - not bitter lemon - bitter as in British beer.
    Normski
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    You invented Baby Guinness?
    A friend of mine went to the Bar-tending Academy when he turned 21 and during that period he kept the best stocked home bar I've ever seen (wine cellars in a different category).

Anyhow, a bunch of us were trying to make layered drinks one night and he, not I, came up with the Baby Guinness. Or he tricked me into thinking so. I remember he grabbed the irish cream out of my hand when it had been my primary liquor for layering with others. Maybe I inspired him, maybe not.

I always thought this is a horrible name for the shot, as it looks like a Guinness, but it tastes like coffee w/ cream.

EDIT: I've ordered this shot in a dozen bars in different states and no one has ever heard of it, much less had a better name for it.
    i took some rum and mixed it with some coke and it was delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillburForce View Post
    The Gitter.

Gin and Bitter.

Needs must when there is fk all else to drink.
    we were drinking these and calling them strong beers in barcelona. fucking disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    i took some rum and mixed it with some coke and it was delicious.
    Is it called the Drunken Troll?
    Baby Guinness is really popular here and I've seen it in plenty of other places too. Pretty sure you got tricked there
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    we were drinking these and calling them strong beers in barcelona. fucking disgusting.
    You wouldn't get bitter in Spain - this is warm English ale with a large shot of gin. But fucking disgusting does sum it up.
    Normski
    Baby Guinness is really popular here and I've seen it in plenty of other places too. Pretty sure you got tricked there
    Round my way its called a Slippery Nipple.

Usually with Sambuca, but you can get lots of variations.
    Normski
    You wouldn't get bitter in Spain - this is warm English ale with a large shot of gin. But fucking disgusting does sum it up.
    ya it was just some normal cold beer. still icky.
    Wait I know the joke/stereotype is that English drink warm beer, but do you guys actually serve all bitters warm over here? That would be a very good thing for me to watch out for in pubs.
    Gin and lilt, I call it, gilt.
    I'm the king of bongo, baby I'm the king of bongo bong.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Lilt is a brand of soft drink manufactured by The Coca Cola Company and sold in the Seychelles, United Kingdom, Gibraltar and Republic of Ireland only.
    ...here for three weeks and still learning more from the internets than my actual experiences. I'm doing it wrong.
    BUD LIGHT
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    Wait I know the joke/stereotype is that English drink warm beer, but do you guys actually serve all bitters warm over here? That would be a very good thing for me to watch out for in pubs.
    Lots of beers are served warm-ish over here. !Luck was surprised at how beers were served here in fact. We don't chill many beers, although there are some but you can't get them everywhere. Beer tends to be served fairly cold but not ice cold most of the table, while ale/bitter is served at room temperature.

My Spanish friend was surprised at the above too so it's not a European thing
    ...here for three weeks and still learning more from the internets than my actual experiences. I'm doing it wrong.
    its not bad on a sunny day, sweet and refreshing. Not commonly drunk with booze but I wanted to be all boyz n the hood and lilt was my juice. This was prob 12 yrs ago btw.
    Pruno!

Google that shit.
    Round my way its called a Slippery Nipple.

Usually with Sambuca, but you can get lots of variations.
    1 part Sambuca and 1 part Irish Cream, shaken in a rocks glass is a Slippery Nipple.

1 part Butterscoth Schnapps, 1 part Vodka, and 1 part Irish Cream, blended in a shot glass is a Buttery Nipple.

First off, these drinks have different ingredients, and in different amounts. Either of those facts is enough to make it a different drink. This is true even for very similar drinks, QED.

Secondly, neither is a layered drink in a shot glass.
    Tricked? ME?? AGAIN?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Just for clarity's sake. It is a layered drink w/ 2 ingredients? If so... where is "here"?

EDIT: P.S. - so much for holiday cocktail ideas, guys...
    You're a lot of easy to please drunks, all of ya!
    Here is UK - a few bars here, and plenty in Northern Ireland/Ireland for quite a while. It's in some restaurants too, especially in student areas. The other one is the Irish flag:

which is green creme de menthe, Bailey's, and orange liqueur
    I've posted this somewhere else here once or twice but I figure if I can get 1 person to drink 1 I've bettered the world. I did not invent this. A good friend of mine lies and says he did. But I only know of 1 bar that servers it by name.

Swervedriver-

3 parts Barcardi 151
    1 part pineapple juice
    splash orange juice

serve in tall glass over ice
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    The Nutsy

Coconut soda (Coco Rico) & Hennessey, 3:2, add crushed ice obv
    Last edited by Jack Sawyer; 11-21-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Hypnotic, Hennessey, Angostura Bitter and Lemon Sour, 5:5:1:1. Garnish with a slice of Lemon or Lime. I don't have a name for it yet. Maybe the Jack Lemon?
    My dream... is to fly... over the rainbow... so high...

Cogito ergo sum

VHS is like a book? and a book is like a stack of kindles.
    Hey, I'm in a movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYdwe3ArFWA
    Fucking Hennessey. God let me never drink that evil shit agian.
    “Right thoughts produce right actions and right actions produce work which will be a material reflection for others to see of the serenity at the center of it all”

Put hero on a goddamn range part II- The 6max years

Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    start using your brain more and vagina less

Quote Originally Posted by kingnat View Post
    Members who's signature is a humorous quote about his/herself made by someone who is considered a notable member of the FTR community to give themselves a sense of belonging.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post
    1 part Sambuca and 1 part Irish Cream, shaken in a rocks glass is a Slippery Nipple.

1 part Butterscoth Schnapps, 1 part Vodka, and 1 part Irish Cream, blended in a shot glass is a Buttery Nipple.

First off, these drinks have different ingredients, and in different amounts. Either of those facts is enough to make it a different drink. This is true even for very similar drinks, QED.

Just for clarity's sake. It is a layered drink w/ 2 ingredients? If so... where is "here"?

Why not just smack it into google, see how ridiculously widespread it is and draw your own conclusions
    Lots of beers are served warm-ish over here. !Luck was surprised at how beers were served here in fact. We don't chill many beers, although there are some but you can't get them everywhere. Beer tends to be served fairly cold but not ice cold most of the table, while ale/bitter is served at room temperature.

My Spanish friend was surprised at the above too so it's not a European thing
    Innnnteresting. The only warm beer I've hit so far was Bombardier, but I guess I'm drinking too much lager (or drinking in too many non-typical places eg. student union or hostel bars where they have to cater to more international types).

Come to think of it though when I tried the local Brains it was also chilled even though it's a bitter. Maybe they hear my accent and bust out the chilled stuff.
    Why not just smack it into google, see how ridiculously widespread it is and draw your own conclusions
    I failed in art class... I can't draw anything.
    Innnnteresting. The only warm beer I've hit so far was Bombardier, but I guess I'm drinking too much lager (or drinking in too many non-typical places eg. student union or hostel bars where they have to cater to more international types).

Come to think of it though when I tried the local Brains it was also chilled even though it's a bitter. Maybe they hear my accent and bust out the chilled stuff.
    Haha, I mean beer/lager is often served just below room temperature but when you say chilled I guess you mean cold as in like ice cold?
    Nope anything below room temperature is chilled for me. I guess "warm" is room temperature for me rather than being higher than room temperature though.
    I don't think it constitutes a name, but I like tequila and oj by itself. If I order it in a bar, I order a tequila sunrise, hold the grenadine, because I don't know what to call it otherwise.

A buddy of mine in college made up the Poorman's white russian. Chocolate milk and vodka. It was awful, but that's why they call it college.
    So you click their picture and then you get their money?
    Was introduced by a friend, variation on a Car Bomb. He didn't like bailey's so would order a shot of Jamison and a pint of Guinness. Then drink enough of the Guinness to make room to drop the shot, and pound the rest.

Very manly, IMO.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMojoMonkey View Post

Slippery Nipple #5
    Quantity Ingredient
    1/3 oz. Irish cream (Baileys)
    1/3 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
    1/3 oz. Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
    Glass type: Cocktail
    Directions: Put the Irish cream in first. Then slowly pour the Kahlua down the side of the glass so it does not mix. Then add the Butterscotch Schnapps on top nice and slow.

Pretty much there
    Normski
    I have already conceded that the Baby Guinness is not unique to my circle of friends (although it seems to be in this part of the world).

While that looks like a tasty drink, Willbur. I get the distinct impression that you were not on the creation committee. Again: different ingredients, different name.. I don't know what your point is with this post.

That said, it looks tasty.
    I think he's showing that he has a different receipe for Slippery Nipple than the one you posted which is a layered drink?
    Been making Baby Guiness for years.

We make it with double Tia Maria for the black base,
    and Baileys for the creamy head.
    port and coke. whatever ratio you want to mix it. in whatever glass you want. my friends and i call them "medicinals".
    I find that alcohol has all the flavors I'm looking for.

So I'm a fan of straight moonshine.
    <a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>
    Long Island Ice Tea

1/2 oz triple sec
    1/2 oz light rum
    1/2 oz gin
    1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz tequila
    1 oz sour mix
    Cola
    Lemon wedge for garnish
    Preparation:

Pour the spirits and sour mix into a collins glass with ice.
    Stir well or shake.
    Top the glass off with cola.
    Garnish with the lemon wedge.
    so this whisky is kinda strong so i added a couple drops of water to it. I call it whisky with a drop of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by eugmac View Post
    so this whisky is kinda strong so i added a couple drops of water to it. I call it whisky with a drop of water.
    That's hardly original, I do that with my tea.
    Long Island Ice Tea

1/2 oz triple sec
    1/2 oz light rum
    1/2 oz gin
    1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz tequila
    1 oz sour mix
    Cola
    Lemon wedge for garnish
    Preparation:

Pour the spirits and sour mix into a collins glass with ice.
    Stir well or shake.
    Top the glass off with cola.
    Garnish with the lemon wedge.
    Grats on making a decent iced tea. You see some abominations in some bars.
    Not sure where to put this but here seems good.

Was playing poker and sipping whiskey when this came on which overall made me feel pretty dam good:

Mark Knopfler - Hot or What - YouTube

It's a blues song about poker.
    This song of his is pretty good

<a href=http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png target=_blank>http://i.imgur.com/kWiMIMW.png</a>