Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

25NL : Pot Odds (2)

Default 25NL : Pot Odds (2)

Villian Stats : (VP$IP/PFR [Street Aggression] 3-bet%)

BTN: 20/14 [inf inf 1] 0% over 84 hands
    SB: 17/11 [1 5 inf] 4% over 96 hands

My Thoughts And Questions

I think SB range here is VERY strong. He knows he is gonna be out of position for the rest of the hand. I would say his range is AK QQ+. Also i am raising from MP so my perceived range is stronger nevermind that isnt that aggro by the looks of it anwyaz over the small sample.

So extremely tight range i think implied odds. The pot is laying me 2.5 to one and i expect BTN to come along a lot when i call. I am getting about 10 to 1 on SB whose range i have the highest implied odds on. Is it enough to call here and setmine? I am gonna be in position on SB which up the value for the times when he can get away from the board.

Concerning BTN when calls i am happpy enough set mining and as its multiway i have to almost alwayz show down the best hand.

So this is a standard call ?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

CO: $33.05
    BTN: $25.25
    SB: $25.10
    BB: $5.10
    UTG: $22.40
    Hero (MP): $28.60

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with J J
    UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BTN calls $1, SB raises to $3.25, 2 folds, Hero?
    I call here, but you have to be ready to tackle ragged flops even when he cbets. If you're not confident in your play in 3bet pots, you're in a bit of bind here. FWIW, BTN's action doesn't concern me much. His range is pretty wide, and he doesn't 3bet much so I would expect him to call or fold and be pretty weak (relative to you and SB) when he calls.
    Call and see a flop, and no you're not set mining. This is a great spot for him to squeeze. 96 hands isn't the most reliable sample size for VPIP/PFR, he could easily be 20/17 within a few more laps, or more/less.
    I wouldn't call without a plan or just to setmine
    I'd prefer to know the guy's tendencies in a 3b pot, whether he would barrel AK unimproved, for example