Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumFTR Community

FBI seizes domains of pokerstars, full tilt, ub.. (UPDATE: FTP MONIES!!!!!11)

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,050 of 1238
    Quote Originally Posted by bikes View Post
    dont play on ub wtf
    i quite literally had no choice
    This thread is such an invite for trolling operations

?wut

?wut
    when chatting with renton, I realized that this whole fiasco is like a super drawn out sports game which I don't give an intrinsic fuck about, yet I was forced to bet on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by boost View Post
    when chatting with renton, I realized that this whole fiasco is like a super drawn out sports game which I don't give an intrinsic fuck about, yet I was forced to bet on it.
    I stopped giving a fuck 8 months ago. If I had money on the site, I'd have stop giving a fuck 7 months ago.

Yet I can't help but open this thread with every new post. Do I actually give a fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by BankItDrew View Post
    I stopped giving a fuck 8 months ago. If I had money on the site, I'd have stop giving a fuck 7 months ago.

Yet I can't help but open this thread with every new post. Do I actually give a fuck?
    +1
    Is this new?

Online Poker - Play Online at Full Tilt Poker Room

Full Tilt Poker may use this Domain Name (why is this in caps?) in the United States to facilitate players' withdrawals of funds held by Full Tilt Poker.
    Last edited by boost; 04-16-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    KevMath seems to think the FTP servers were being tested for a short period today.

Kevin Mathers ‏ @Kevmath Close
    @JonAguiar Problem is those numbers appear the same as in June 2011. It appears the servers were tested, but that's about it.

?wut
    Kevin Mathers ‏ @Kevmath Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Looks like more testing for FTP? Their home page currently shows 46,040 players, 21,794 tables, 2,014 tourneys

?wut
    from 2p2 thread:

1. Pocket Kings is hiring.
    2. FTP related company applies for gambling licence.
    3. Someone is testing FTPs website.
    4. FTP client is upgraded.
    They were showing a smaller number of players and like 4 tournies running on their hp for me two hours ago when I woke up so I guess further testing. Now back to system maintenance.
    Your name is kiwi mark, I thought it was kwiki mark. Sad face.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickass View Post
    Your name is kiwi mark, I thought it was kwiki mark. Sad face.
    Who needs the kwiki mark? I Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Can we do this somewhere else though, this is probably the one thread on ftr that I don't wanna derail with shit

edit: meh I guess anyone who has reason to care about this a lot wouldn't be using the ftr commune as their primary source of info anyway
    Last edited by kiwiMark; 04-17-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    False.

I do.
    I secretly enjoy the cock tease.
    ffs stop derailing the kiwikimark convo dranger
    Bump for false hope
    Congratulations, you've won your dick's weight in sweets! Decode the message in the above post to find out how to claim your tic-tac
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucothefish View Post
    Bump for false hope
    You bumped a thread that's already on the commune front page? lolbump
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by BooG690 View Post
    You bumped a thread that's already on the commune front page? lolbump
    It was #1 when I posted that. More of a request than an action fwiw
    As a non-invested, and relatively objective observer, I have to say that these signs are the most encouraging I've seen throughout this whole shitshow. A company doesn't typically start investing in hiring and/or testing if they're still stuck in a legal quagmire, or if the money isn't there yet.

I wouldn't start celebrating or anything, nothing's for sure, but it does look promising...
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    As a non-invested, and relatively objective observer, I have to say that these signs are the most encouraging I've seen throughout this whole shitshow. A company doesn't typically start investing in hiring and/or testing if they're still stuck in a legal quagmire, or if the money isn't there yet.

I wouldn't start celebrating or anything, nothing's for sure, but it does look promising...
    Ya, this is how I feel. It seems like some % of our money is coming our way. The only questions now are how long and how much.
    Ya, this is how I feel. It seems like some % of our money is coming our way. The only questions now are how long and how much.
    You think there's a chance they would only repay SOME of the manies? I think it's either FTP is up and running and every player balance is repaid (except for TonyG's) or FTP is not up and running and nobody gets anything.
    I thought the deal with the DoJ required the Tapie group to fully repay US players.
    Ich grolle nicht...
    Quote Originally Posted by d0zer View Post
    You think there's a chance they would only repay SOME of the manies? I think it's either FTP is up and running and every player balance is repaid (except for TonyG's) or FTP is not up and running and nobody gets anything.
    Ya, idk, I haven't been following that closely, but I thought it was up to the DOJ to pay us back with the money they had seized, and the money they had seized seemed to be < the money owed.

Quote Originally Posted by Illfavor View Post
    I thought the deal with the DoJ required the Tapie group to fully repay US players.
    I sure fucking hope this is the case. It makes the most sense, and d0zer has a good point, it should be all or nothing.. but who really knows with this mess?
    Ya, idk, I haven't been following that closely, but I thought it was up to the DOJ to pay us back with the money they had seized, and the money they had seized seemed to be < the money owed.

I sure fucking hope this is the case. It makes the most sense, and d0zer has a good point, it should be all or nothing.. but who really knows with this mess?
    the last i read Tapie was in charge of repaying the rest of world players and the DOJ was in charge of the US players.
    eeevees are not monies yet...they are like baby monies.
    The DOJ is paying us our money back. Tapie Group is paying the rest of the world back.
    That's how winners play; we convince the other guy he's making all the right moves.
    Assuming they re open

I'm sure ROW will get paid, maybe not all at once.

US... we'll get something, sometime.

The DoJ will pay us with money from Tapie but AFAWK that money doesn't cover US balances. DoJ may use seized funds, go after phantom depositors, or some other source to cover the difference, no one knows.
    There are also three groups that are counted in the total US $ that may not claim:

People who didn't pay taxes (no idea, could be a lot?)

People who had $142.42 on FT from Jan 2005 and have totally forgotten it's there and have no idea BF happened.

US People who moved to ROW - not a big % of players, but the people with the biggest balances had the most incentive to move. It isn't clear who pays them yet.
    It required the Tapie group to give the DOJ the full amount owed to US players. We'll have to get our money back from the DOJ, that's what worries me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightGizmo View Post
    It required the Tapie group to give the DOJ the full amount owed to US players. We'll have to get our money back from the DOJ, that's what worries me.
    Edit: whoops, didn't notice there was a new page, others already covered this.

Edit again: double fail, this was not supposed to be a new post
    Last edited by NightGizmo; 04-18-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    go to bed man. you need some rest.
    It required the Tapie group to give the DOJ the full amount owed to US players.
    No. They paid (or will pay) 80m.

BREAKING: DOJ and GBT Ink Their Deal, FTP/GBT Next in the Queue | Subject: Poker

Is it possible the DoJ has already decided to use seized money or that they made some sort of back room deal to get the money from Tapie? Sure. But no one with any knowledge has ever said a deal means US gets paid in full or for that matter how much of the 80m will go into the remission pool.

We'll have to get our money back from the DOJ, that's what worries me.
    Maybe. there are rumors that they may just re open the FT client to us at some point with no functions besides a w/d button. If we end up getting paid in full this would clearly be the best choice. If they need to pay us in stages and evaluate each claim for taxes, phantom deposits etc I would think they would want to do that up front & outside of the FT client. Also, attempting to apply logic to this process is probably futile.

?wut

?wut
    My brain is falling out of my ears.
    Looks like GBT has confirmed that they're out.
    Ich grolle nicht...
    My first thought was "lol virtual monopoly".

Happy for people gettin' paid obv but it may mean gg straight FTP RB.
    Looks like GBT has confirmed that they're out.
    link/source?
    using my One Time now.
    that is all.

no pressure, no diamonds
    if its a choice between stars and Tapie .... stars every time.

Guess phil Ivey will still be the face of full tilt lol
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy's cliffs on EGR pay-only news article
    Cliffs:
    - EGR sources say Groupe Bernard Tapie announced that proposed deal to buy FTP failed
    - Reasons are 1) inability to agree on repayment plan for players and 2) legal complications
    - GBT says they get from press reports that DOJ and PokerStars have an agreement
    - GBt assumes that Stars is willing to take the financial and legal risks (that they weren´t willing to take) to sort out their own legal situation with DOJ
    scary part being that it looks like Stars involvement rumors really do only come from GBT speculation, at this point
    although

PokerUpdate » Pokerstars purchase Full Tilt Poker.

Quote Originally Posted by that article
    UPDATE: PokerUpdate has received information from credible sources at Full Tilt offices in Cherry Wood, Dublin that PokerStars have indeed purchased the Full Tilt assets.
    all of these sites circle-jerking each other are now saying it's officially announced and confirmed that stars is buying FTP, but none of them seem to be able to say who is announcing or confirming or quote this announcement at all (just the one statement from GBT, that speculates that stars and doj are in bed)

anyone seeing anything different?
    Good God! Today just might be the day that I finally change my posts per page settings on 2p2.
    I hear you. so.much.shit to scroll through

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiMark View Post
    all of these sites circle-jerking each other are now saying it's officially announced and confirmed that stars is buying FTP, but none of them seem to be able to say who is announcing or confirming or quote this announcement at all (just the one statement from GBT, that speculates that stars and doj are in bed)

anyone seeing anything different?
    A lot of reputable people being told by people who are in the know. So a lot of third-hand anonymous material.
    Last edited by surviva316; 04-24-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Yeah, this I understand, and agree it's looking super hopeful. That's neither official nor an announcement though, was more just asking if I'd missed something that I should check out, or if it's just the news sites being liberal with their buzzwords
    yeah there has been no official announcement, just word of mouth sources "confirming" this.
    also we will be updating our news post as we hear more - BREAKING NEWS: PokerStars Buys Full Tilt Poker « Poker Blogs
    Hoping people finally get their FTP money but I'm saving my one time for bringing online poker back to 'merica. Does this help at all? Industry stability?
    LOL OPERATIONS
    F5

F5

F5

@ bigred I think if nothing else it's a great sign because the most obvious reason for them to do this would seem like it would be US good will. Or, maybe they found out they were going to owe XXX in fines anyway from the original bank fraud case and they asked the DOJ if they could use some of that to bail out FTP players.
    F5
    F5
    F5

+1

?wut
    stars buying ftp is not sound good for poker
    sounds like gbt got last-minute shafted by the doj
    it's great for US poker!

and if GBT was going to bail anyway, it has to be better for ROW than losing 200m from the economy.
    all the negatives about stars buying FTP that I've seen people raising seem to be speaking from the perspective that FTP is currently up and running in the market
    yeah exactly. We may never know for sure what happened, maybe the DoJ tanked the deal on purpose, but it seems like a silly thing to be worrying about right now.
    from 2+2

Shaun Deeb:

Quote:
    "I feel bad making a new thread but dont want this info lost elsewhere but cliffs are included my source I trust a lot.

Anyways the deal is already done by what I am told;

Players will be paid within 90 days
    FTP will be open in the US market
    Isai will be stepping down from the company

If these statements are true I feel that Isai deserves all our thanks+ business in the future with his company he is bailing out the igaming industry's tarnished reputation"
    pretty sick if the US market call is true- have I missed any kind of legislation change or would it really just be the DOJ openly accepting a big-ass one-time payment to turn a blind eye to what they previous condemned?
    Could Tapie have thought he was the only deal in town and tried to play hard ball. DOJ then negotiated behind his back
    no way us market rumor could be true, he must have meant something else.
    3:38 PM ET Update: QuadJacks reports a leaked e-mail sent early on 4/24 from Ray Bitar to all of Full Tilt’s employees stating that PokerStars has agreed to acquire Full Tilt Poker and the deal is true. Full transcript not yet available.
    SneakySteve winning the 2p2 thread btw, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by givememyleg View Post
    no way us market rumor could be true, he must have meant something else.
    maybe he means that for some reason Stars' brand cannot reenter for some reason, yet FTP can when the market opens up. Some sort of loophole and it would explain why stars values FTP so much.

Complete speculation of course, but it doesn't seem like a bad guess with the little bits of info we have.

?wut

?wut
    We've had a lot of enquiries and there's lots of speculation on the forums, so I wanted to address the PokerStars chatter. As you know, PokerStars is in settlement discussions with the U.S. Department of Justice. As such settlement discussions are always confidential, we are unable to comment on rumors. As soon as we have information to share publicly we will do so.
    from the stars blog
    maybe he means that for some reason Stars' brand cannot reenter for some reason, yet FTP can when the market opens up. Some sort of loophole and it would explain why stars values FTP so much.

Complete speculation of course, but it doesn't seem like a bad guess with the little bits of info we have.
    someone on the 2p2 thread posted at some point earlier on that as part of the player repayment process stars signed stuff barring them from the US market, whereas FTP hasn't been through that process.

of course a loooot of stuff has been said by a lot of people in that 2p2 thread, but that fits with your speculation
    Also related to deeb's US market comment, for those not following 2p2 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Karak
    Here's my take:

I talked to some people who heard the same thing as Deeb did. Their understanding is as follows: the implication is that FTP will be marketed as a "clean" poker site with all "bad actors" (such as Isai or other people indicted on Black Friday) removed to the US market WHEN/IF regulation/legalization becomes a reality in the US. Meaning them re-opening to the US market is not understood to be an imminent thing, but something which will require future political/legal/legislative action.

Again, my friends said they are implying this based off some vague reports they've heard from insiders privy to information about the deal. It appears no one said anything explicitly.
    I hate QJ and everyone associated with them. Esp GOD YOUR VOICE IS ANNOYING MARCO

?wut

yeah I think this or maybe as a part of this new deal stars gets some other sort of "get out of us jail free**" card

** free as in ~750m!
    Players will be paid within 90 days
    FTP will be open in the US market
    Last edited by fjuanl; 04-24-2012 at 06:30 PM.

?wut
    has been reading that repayment /theft plan .....seems like bitar/ferguson and lederer inspired Tapie .....just steal the player balances .