Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumBeginners Circle

What to spend fpps on?

Default What to spend fpps on?

I'm a silverstar at pokerstars. The 30K 100 fpp buy in and the satellites to the 100k monthly freeroll for goldstar (130 fpp) are the best options?
    You could buy $11 tourney tickets for 700 fpps. But there are many other options.
    I like smaller investments and won already a ton of tourney dollars in the 33 fpp satellites for the $3 Saturday Micro.
    I spend the weekly tournaments silver 30k , I think is the best option , it is a good guaranteed prize
    Always play the monthly freerolls if you can because they are such a tremendous value.
    I have saved them mainly so far, earlier I played 100 FPP froll and VIP Bashes but now I don't play that much on PokerStars any more. Occasionally there are some interesting items on sale for cheap price in shop which I might spend my ~13k FPPs for.
    I'm saving up for the Porche 911, about 700fpp so far not to much to go
    At the risk of derailing this thread, might I suggest considering moving away from pokerstars?

I was playing stars for years, and cashed out maybe $5k in 5 years or whatever (half of which was a single mtt bink).

I've been playing SkyPoker for two months and I've cashed out around $1k.

Best thing I ever did so far in my poker career is to leave stars. I'm actually close to pulling in an income.
    Quote Originally Posted by wufwugy View Post
    ongies gonna ong
    On topic, I was using my fpps to play the storm.
    ongies gonna ong
    @Bonga: I think Stars is the only and best option. Other sites have no traffic for the grind.

Ok, on Stars are more regs but also still tons of fish.
    I was thinking about joining another site but don't know which yet. I would still play on stars as well though, PKR I use to play on and the software is fun, I'll be rejoining that again and was also looking to join a gambling sites poker game like William Hill, Paddy Power or Sky, any suggestions of the best one out of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel72 View Post
    @Bonga: I think Stars is the only and best option. Other sites have no traffic for the grind.

Ok, on Stars are more regs but also still tons of fish.
    this is total rubbish. I was the person who told Ong to try skypoker in the first place and was met with some initial scepticism . Look at his attitude now. I pulled my money off sky as a result of the collusion threads on 2+2 where there are "teams" on sky's own forum and they play in team events. The leader of one team and a memmer of his team were sharing hole cards whilst playing and sky took at least 6 weeks before they even suspended the players involved and that was only as a result of the evidence being made public. If such blatent cheating occurs i'm not staying there so pulled my money off.

I moved to another site and had 10£ given to me for signing up. In two months i've now run that up to almost 600e . The players there are terrible like stars was 6 years ago , HUds are not allowed , no note taking facilities , hand histories can't be downloaded but it all means that it is disliked by mass multitabling nits like you find on stars who can only play with a HUD. This is poker and is a hell of a lot more enjoyable than trading bad beats with the other nitregs. THe site is actively trying to keep micro players alive with the rewards system targetted at the lower end rather than targetting the high rakers like stars.

Until you have tried the lucrative sites don't knock them just because they don't have 200000 seats being filled.

edit: total vpps on stars this year is 440 just to demonstrate how little ive played on stars this year.
    Last edited by Keith; 05-31-2015 at 09:20 AM.
    keith can you please link me to these 2+2 topics about problems on Sky? Cheers.
    ongies gonna ong
    And yeah I've a lot to thank keith for. At stars I was the definition of break even. I'm not a dreadful poker player but I'm not great either, and at stars I was bascially grinding a profit so slowly that I might as well have not bothered. But at sky, my edge is huge over the average idiot, and there's plenty of idiots there. The solid players stand out a mile because they usually have big stacks and aren't playing every hand. There's usually 1-2 solid regs on each 6-max table, the rest are fish who are attracted to skypoker because they are gambling addicts, not poker players. Now that's the kind of person I want sitting at my table.

stars is just a regfest. I love the software of stars and miss it tons, skypoker is fucking awful.

But I've won £200 this week by playing average poker, a profit I could only dream of at stars.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by OngBonga View Post
    But I've won £200 this week by playing average poker, a profit I could only dream of at stars.
    *£250 now after a two hour session four-tabling.

I'm almost embarrassed how easily I'm able to build a roll here, like if I'd been on SkyPoker three years ago I'd be living in luxury by now.

I can usually get a game of poker when I want, and am certainly able to grind for many hours a day if I want. Sometimes it's quiet, particularly during the UK night, but I can do other things instead. And if I really wanted to play poker, well I still have $40 on stars I could dick about with.
    ongies gonna ong
    Thanks.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post

I moved to another site and had 10£ given to me for signing up. In two months i've now run that up to almost 600e .
    Are you at liberty to name this site? Nice job creating a respectable bankroll from a $10£ bonus.
    It takes 2 years to learn to talk, but a lifetime to learn when to shut up.
    I think keith is at unibet? I might try them out based on what keith's been saying.

This whole sky collusion thing, it's a concern. Not because of the collusion, anyone who thinks that ins't happening is being naive. But because sky seemed to be more concerned about losing this cheat's 200 or so team members than they were in keeping the games fair. One of the reasons I was reasonably confident with sky is because they are a HUGE company here in the UK. They provide satellite tv to a lot of people, so their company reputation is immense. It surprises me that a brand as big as sky would attempt to brush this under the carpet.

But on the other hand I'm actually starting to get somewhere with my poker after many years, so I'm really reluctant to migrate from a site where I'm having success.
    ongies gonna ong
    just to clear a few things up that i only became aware of recently .

Skypoker is no longer owned 100% by sky , a large % was sold off to a private equity group of investors around christmas time and is the reason that the "tv" tables have been pulled /cut back drastically.The skypoker forum that these colluders were part of is not run or managed by sky either and i'm not sure how much influence shypoker have there but any criticism of skypoker seems to get the poster banned.
    Ong is right about collusion happening everywhere , even stars , but stars are actively hunting for colluders and banning /confiscating their funds and refunding affected players. For sky to ignore reported collusion and then to belatedly act after it was exposed on 2+2 says little for the management in place their.They are more concerned with the rake players generate than attempting to keep the games fair for the players.
    interesting that Keith and Ong have moved to the smaller sites. I did the same recently and haven't looked back, but we should probably keep that to ourselves!
    Yeah well I've at least had the sense to not be OngBonga on sky. I remember seeing a guy called keith and thought "is that ftr keith" but he was playing like shit so I very much doubt it.
    ongies gonna ong
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    just to clear a few things up that i only became aware of recently .

Skypoker is no longer owned 100% by sky , a large % was sold off to a private equity group of investors around christmas time and is the reason that the "tv" tables have been pulled /cut back drastically.The skypoker forum that these colluders were part of is not run or managed by sky either and i'm not sure how much influence shypoker have there but any criticism of skypoker seems to get the poster banned.
    Ong is right about collusion happening everywhere , even stars , but stars are actively hunting for colluders and banning /confiscating their funds and refunding affected players. For sky to ignore reported collusion and then to belatedly act after it was exposed on 2+2 says little for the management in place their.They are more concerned with the rake players generate than attempting to keep the games fair for the players.
    Yeah this totally. I understand cheating happens, and I'm even aware that people who cheat badly are actually hurting their winrate rather than boosting it. But it's essential that a poker room is doing its best to combat it. At the very least where reasonable suspicion lies (ie a public admission, screen shots of collusion chats etc) then accounts should be suspended pending investigation. If they won't even do that, what else will they turn a blind eye to?

This is certainly causing me to consider other options, that's for sure.
    ongies gonna ong
    To Daniel72,

I've come to realize over the years that there are better options than Stars. I once had a lot of loyalty to them because of their software, customer service, and other benefits that I got back when I was supernova throughout the year.

Nowadays I play seldom, and when I do, I definitely DON'T want to be playing against good players. It's just too frustrating for someone in my position who no longer spends any time thinking about the game. Stars might have the best game selection & player field numbers, but I feel like a "hamster on a wheel" simply grinding for the sake of contributing rake. Of course, I could just work on my game, but I have "regular" work to do, kids, and other activities that are a priority. I find I enjoy poker infinitely more if there's a perceivable skill level gap between me & my opponents in my favor, even if it's playing a couple of low-stakes tourneys every now & then.

To each his/her own, though. I can relate to being super gung-ho about giving Stars the majority of your online poker business, because I was there once.

Best of luck to you either way.
    I see 888poker as another good option despite the software and mtt structures, lots of bad players and smaller field tourneys ...and in the AMA Assassinato comes to the same conclusion. Not so many games like on Stars, but worthy to add.
    for fpps , the best way to make T$ is by playing storm satties. you can ve loads of T$ through that
    The thing is, I live in argentina and To withdraw money its kind of a mess, because there are many restrictions in my country, and maybe it would be tougher to withdraw money on this other sites. I don't know where you guys live, but I'm sure it is easier to withdraw money from this sites if you are european
    I guess that's something I take for granted. Here in the UK there are no problems withdrawing, I usually get funds within two working days but they say it can take up to five. I don't know what options you have in Argentina. Are there any national betting sites? What website would you go to if you wanted to bet on the Copa America? Do they offer poker? That's where the fish are likely to be en masse.
    ongies gonna ong
    I actually don't know for sure, I know some friends bet on sports on bwin. I'm not a fan of betting on sports, I never did actually. Inthink there are some poker clients that are argentinian. I'm going to start searching
    You don't need to spend FPPs to take part in this free NLHE foundations class: http://www.flopturnriver.com/pokerfo...re-199150.html