Select Page
Poker Forum
Over 1,291,000 Posts!
Poker ForumAll Other Poker/Live Poker

nut straight, turned 2nd rag board 3way

Default nut straight, turned 2nd rag board 3way

I played this hand like a pussy. Is flatting the flop terrible? There aren't a ton of scare cards, of course one hits.

Turn/river I panic.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players
    The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $98.05
    BB: $50.00
    UTG: $25.75
    MP: $64.25
    Hero (CO): $43.50
    BTN: $8.40

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 3 7 5 6
    UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($2.50) 4 6 3 (5 players)
    SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $2, Hero calls $2, SB calls $2, BB folds, UTG folds

Turn: ($8.50) 5 (3 players)
    SB checks, MP bets $4, Hero calls $4, SB calls $4

River: ($20.50) 2 (3 players)
    SB checks, MP checks, Hero ...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Rarely limp pre unless your button is a 90/x player. You need to have these kinds of hands in your raising range or you will never get credit on these low boards. Flop, just raise, people rarely fold any decent hand on these boards and will sometimes stack off with the second nut straight, especially since you have the two pair freeroll. Turn, I would just flat, and river is an easy v-bet and fold to a raise, given your never beaten here usually and can sometimes fold out a chop and get stupid value from a set that might call. I would something like 8-12 on river.
    Must raise pre. You can buy button and your hand plays good vs a limp/3bet as well. if BU wants to call and the whole table is in that's great too, really nothing bad can happen to you pre, if the stack gets in oh well.

I pretty much never slow play the nuts + redraws and definitely would not without a read. Also it isn't like you're happy if a 6 or 3 comes and there is still a bunch behind. Scare cards work both ways, you'll lose action from two pair types on many turns.

agree with ^^ on other stuff.
    1. make sure auto reload is clicked before flopping the nuts

2. when flopping the nuts w/redraw in a multiway pot, raise

3. just call turn

4. after 2 checks, easy vbet on river.
    The other posts seem good except the suggestion that it's mandatory to raise this hand preflop. Just calling is perfectly fine.

I think just calling the flop is acceptable unless your opponents are bad players, in which case it's probably best just to try to get it all-in.
    i think raising pre is better than callingh here. but more to the point i think it's vital to raise this flop, for the simple reason that you flopped the nuts WITH a freeroll against the naked nuts. although its quite probable that people are more inclined to fold very strong hands without a redraw when the SPR is low at 50plo than at 02 or 05plo where i play, still, you are giving all kinds of sets and two-pair/straight draw or set/straight draw combos the right price to make a potentially better hand than yours, and missing a chance to bloat the pot and enable you to get it in vs 57xx on a safe turn (or flop if they decide to 3bet).
    i don't understand limping behind pre rather than iso-ing with a strong hand in position. I definitely don't understand flop play, i like raising with the nuts multi-way, get it in vs a fishes crazy top pair low oesd hand...
    surely raising preflop here is good purely for metagame reasons, if not in a vacuum (which i think it is anyway). ie preventing your LP raising range from being exclusively high rundowns and pairs when you raise preflop? (which atttentive players can notice and exploit).